New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[NPC Park]

Now that her player has figured out there's a new thread, Tiri is here as well, also hanging back, though rather than simply waiting, she seems to be using the time to go through her extradimensional storage space to make sure she has everything she needs if this turns into a fight on hand.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park]
    Nirva is staying quiet for now, but that's not surprising for her.
    It is pretty odd for Caledonia; she must be pretty nervous about this if it's enough to make her be quiet and sensible for once in her life.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

NPC Park

As darkness falls, Callie finishes her meditation, stands up and stretches. She sends her black fox familiar to go vanish into the shadows as an extra precaution, then casually walks up to the group. When she sees how many people there are, she starts thinking that maybe they plan on fighting her. Hello sister. She smiles at Caledonia. Cousins. A nod to Andy and Bella. And... have we met? She curiously looks Tirya and Nirva over.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Sub-Basement]
    Maybe you should take a nap, dear. I'll keep working on getting the last bits of stuff set up around here.
    Sub-Basement
    Ayakan nods and curls up into a cute little ball.
    The cat joins her!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park]

Tirya shakes her head, smiling at the foxgirl, though she does take the precaution of slipping on the ring - a simple silver band, with a small crystal sphere filled with curling green fog set into it - she'd taken out just before Callie got up.

"I don't believe we have, no. Tirya cas Karyana kynet Timoliir, at your service. Though from what I hear, you have little need of such things..."
    , she answers, giving a polite, if not terribly deep, or prolonged, bow, though as I believe Tirya is on the other side of the group from Callie, she doesn't bother offering a hand to shake.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-14 at 02:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park]
    Nirva Brandt. The same, 'cept with even less likelihood of you needing my services.
    The white-eared catgirl nods from her place in the back, no more talkative than usual.

Hi, um, sis... mom was wondering if maybe you'd come and talk with her about stuff?
    Caledonia's tail swishes in small, low movements.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337

I am Callie Pyrsol and it is a pleasure to meet you two. She nods to them, then focuses on Caledonia. If I refuse, will you try to bring me there by force?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Vinny's

"Yeah, I sure do,"
    Billie says. After the rough curtains last night, what she wants today is slow and gentle - if Vinny is up for it.
    Vinny's

Instead of doing the obvious and taking her towards the bed, Vinny just goes to turn on some slow swing music before wrapping his arms around her and dancing slowly, allowing her time to have her worries slip away.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Billie sighs happily, and is careful of his injured arm as she melts against him. It isn't often that she simply feels she can trust a man, but she feels that way with Vinny. She's even starting to think that maybe things will be okay with Elaine. There's the start of an idea, but she'll think more about it later.

For now, she just wants to dance.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Splendours

Myrim surfaces and shakes her head slightly, the syrup weighing down her hair. "Actually, I was aiming for your feet." She says to Tina. It's hard to tell how serious she's being, though.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dave's Free Clinic

Krystal sons a look of disbelief at the quick recovery. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

Well, the place is the Nexus, and the year...you know, I don't know what it is here. Never really looked into it. Back home it's 2012, though. As if the woman would know that Krystal comes from a universe sometimes referred to as 616.

---------------------------------------------

Park

Rachel thinks on that as her partner seems to be running her own experiments.

If that's true...might be for a good reason. Should probably hang on to a couple.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

ParkSpace

Kate's a bit lost right now... but that's okay with her. The bizzare spacetime intertangle of parks makes it possible for her to get un-lost easily enough, and right now she's looking for someone that can't be found easily.

People who know her will realize that there is something odd about her: She looks perfectly normal.

((closed scene))

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    Alilia nods, pocketing some of the figures!
    ---
    [NPC]
    Caledonia's ears lower.
    ... I'd rather not have to in the first place...
    Any chance of you just, like... coming along nicely?

She puts on her best puppy-dog eyes.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-10-14 at 04:53 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344

[Park]

"Well, best of luck to you!" the exposition wizard says.

Then drops a figure on the ground and casts a spell meant to unravel enchantments on it.

The spell giving shape to the army man is easy undone and as the plastic transforms into water a small burst of CHAOS is released!

The grass around the toy turns bright red, twining around itself and growing to a height of several feet!

A five foot square of grass just transformed into cheery Twizzlers.

"Well. That's interesting..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #345

Parkspace

And as if obeying the whims of an invisible dice-rolling god (although not really, how silly would that be?) Mintbalm arrives on queue, looking perfectly... not.

Not normal that is. Rather than her normal pair of short-shorts and belly top, the oversized pixie is covered from head-to-toe in a grey hooded robe that covers everything and partially obscures her face. What can be seen is glowing for some reason, mixes of pinks and greens and cyans coming out from under the hood as she walks.

Other than that, she keeps her hands in the pockets of the robe and is walking fairly casually, although Kate may notice that her movements are more smooth and fluid lately than they used to be. And, unless Kate's eyes are deceiving her, the pixie seems to be a good deal taller than usual, possibly even close to Kate's own height.

The only real way for Kate to identify her are the glimpses of cyan hair from under the hood, which seems a good deal longer than she usually wears it, and the pixie doesn't seem to notice Kate at all as she walks, keeping her head low and her eyes to the ground.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

A person in a robe the doesn't seem to want to be disturbed and has blue hair? That doesn't sound like Mintbalm. The body language is different, the height is wrong... Kate does not recognize her at all. Blue hair isn't enough of a defining factor; it's not all that rare in the nexus.

Not common, but it's not all that rare.

Kate will slip past Mintbalm, giving a slight "excuse me" as she passes.

17. - Top - End - #347

Park

Rachel blinks in surprise.

That...that was odd. I mean...Twizzlers? Really?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #348

Parkspace

"Seeya Kate." Mintbalm says without thinking as they brush past each other. She doesn't even realize what she's said either, because only her subconscious realized that the person she was talking to was Kate. Without the really obvious identifying markers like the glowing hair and antennae, it just slipped her conscious mind entirely.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

Kate comes to a screeching halt. The voice, and she knows Kate's name... "Mintbalm? Is that you?" She turns to get a better look at the behooded jumbo pixie.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Park

Rachel blinks in surprise.

That...that was odd. I mean...Twizzlers? Really?
    Alilia looks down at it and stares in surprise!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351

Parkspace

Mintbalm stops as well, realizing she's just been caught completely unexpectedly. She takes a second to replay the last few moments in her head, catching up to the present, before turning around to smile at Kate and look her friend over.

"Hiya Kate! Wow, you're all normal and stuff now! When'd all this happen?" Doesn't seem like she's hiding much of anything by her attitude, but she's keeping her hands in her pockets for some reason.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

[NPC Park]

Andy, who has managed to stay quiet until now, gives Callie her brightest smile.
    "Yeah. We're friends, right? And we just want to hang out together!"

===

[Temple of Splendours]

Shrike laughs. "You can't Perfect Defense against something you don't see coming," she declares - before going to push Tina into the syrup with a grin!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

"A friend of mine had a spare poe and some worries about my sanity. I'm actually in a kind of secondary body; the one with all the additions can be accessed if I need it. But I shouldn't because it would wreck my clothes. On the other hand you're looking... less than normal. What happened? If you don't mind my asking." If Mintbalm is hiding it, she's probably embarrassed about it. But... they've messed with each other before, Kate remembers that. Mintbalm didn't seem upset when she wound up a robot.

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic

Krystal sons a look of disbelief at the quick recovery. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

Well, the place is the Nexus, and the year...you know, I don't know what it is here. Never really looked into it. Back home it's 2012, though. As if the woman would know that Krystal comes from a universe sometimes referred to as 616.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "Oh dear...the Nexus? The place where the Universe's...garbage goes?"
    She looked around.
    "Well...I guess that makes sense. The Time War has been known to throw the survivors through space and time..."
    Dave puts away the teapot and pours himself a cup of coffee.
    He did his work and had no patients currently.
    It was break time!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were on parole. But I am really not your parole officer. Ask Emily how she got her bruises- I doubt your parole officer would be willing to put on a disguise, and vandalise some elf houses just to convict you of something else. After all, now I've committed a crime, even if it's just throwing stones at windows to provoke a fight with some ears." If that's not enough, then perhaps the money from Latella will help.
    James considers asking who the hell this Emily person is, before deciding against it. No, not his business. This fellow's clearly off his rocker and a big ol' nasty ball of hate, but he's not the first or last Nexusian to have exactly that problem, nor is it Dalton's job to treat that sort of thing. Best just to orchestrate this fire and then get the hell out; these three have 'I'm going to stand around like a huge idiot and get arrested by Remnant later' written all over their ugly faces.

"Right. I've got my thirty pieces of silver, you've got your arsonist. Let's go."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #356

Dave's Free Clinic

Huh. This woman just kept giving more surprises. I think you're the first person I've run into that actually knew about the Nexus before coming here. Her pure white eyes watch the woman with some curiosity. Or, have you been here before?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #357

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sitar' Strings

Latalla gives James a "how stupid can you be" look.

No, I gave you like, twenty pieces of gold. Not silver.

No, it was a biblical reference.

Oh, nevermind. Biblical reference.

Little green men

The woman scuffs at the plaid ground and frowns even more. The ferret chitters and sniffs another one of the little plastic men.

Kenas, Kanes, come back inside. Leave the toys where they are.

The children protest about how it isn't fair and it's not like anyone cares and it isn't even their bedtime yet. Their mother scowls and brandishes the wand.

I'll disspell the entire lot of them if you don't get back inside right now.

The kids groan and drop their toys, heading for the door reluctantly.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

28. - Top - End - #358

[Park]

Yep.

Twizzlers.

The wizard just shrugs and depart. Nothing more to do here! Except make sure that someone doesn't mass-dispel all the toys. That might cause troubles. So don't try to do that. It would be bad. Probably for everyone.

[Little Green Men]

The toys on the ground do not attempt to halt the children from obeying! Well. Aside from being toys. Kids love toys. That's as good a way as any to keep them in place. They just aren't doing anything active about it.

Y'know.

Since they're inanimate objects.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    The alien girl climbs down from her tree perch to check out the tasty twizzlers.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360

Parkspace

Mintbalm looks down, remembering the cloak and such, "Oh, this? I made a little dare with a grig because I was bored, and I don't really look like usual. There's also a whole bunch of crazy stuff that goes with it, so I decided to keep covered up so I don't get a whole bunch of questions and stuff." The pixie lowers the hood, and for a moment Kate can see the luminescent patterns all over her skin before it fades away, no longer in the dark where it will glow. Mintbalm's face is pretty much unchanged except for her lengthier hair, and she smiles cheerily at Kate after her face is revealed.