New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[Park]

Rachel follows Alilia, curious herself. She'll grab one, sniff it, then shrug and take a bite.

Yep. That's Twizzlers alright.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #362

WolfInSheepsClothing

little green men

Once the children are inside, the woman closes the door behind them, pausing to let the ferret in as well. She looks as all the plastic men and sighs. A moment later she is no longer there. Instead there is suddenly thirteen ferrets where she once stood. The ferrets sniff the air a bit before dispersing.

A few scale the wall of her house and scamper over the roof, gathering the little toys and tossing them down to the street below where the others are collecting them into a large pile in the middle of the street.

A few more canvas the area around the house, tossing any that they find out front to be added to the pile. For now they are trying to keep up with the rain, but it is a losing battle and the pile is getting bigger by the moment.

Five of the ferrets come back together, forming a young girl who looks like she could be the sister of the two children inside the house. The girl ponders the pile and frowns. Dispelling the pile could be disastrous and wouldn't fix the problem of the green rainclouds overhead. A few more ferrets rejoin the girl, aging her, and she tries casting another simple spell, trying to identify the magic used to create the toys.
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2012-10-14 at 10:26 PM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Park]

The Twizzlers taste exactly like totally normal Twizzlers. There's nothing unusual about them aside from their odd genesis.

[Little Green Men]

Woohoo!

A heap of army men!

The spell itself is a simple enough transmutation. The sort to turn an inanimate object of a given volume into another inanimate object of equal volume. In this case, water into plastic. Green plastic to be precise.

But the magic itself...

That's a slippery one. It is chaotic and wriggly, refusing to be pinned down and defined in any meaningful way.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

Kate smiles back. Good to know nothing is seriously wrong."I walked around with all my add-ons and no one questioned it. I was even a half-dragon for a bit, walked to GLoG, and I got one, and exactly one, odd look. Anyway, do you know a lot about Grigs? My roommate, the spider, got turned into a grig... and she's upset about it. How much do you know about grigs?"

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Park]

Rachel follows Alilia, curious herself. She'll grab one, sniff it, then shrug and take a bite.

Yep. That's Twizzlers alright.
    She takes a bite herself and giggles in pleased surprise.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366

[Park]

Rachel smiles.

Pretty good, huh? Not my favorite candy in the world, but it's still good.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    Is nice!
    She nods, grinning.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park]

Tirya nods, smiling at Callie again.

"That would be nice, yes. But I think that Nirva and I, at least, have no intention of taking you back against your will. We want you for your company, and you'd hardly be very good company if we had to drag you back, would you?"

9. - Top - End - #369

WolfInSheepsClothing

Little Green Men

The girl puzzles it over for a moment. She smiles. All but two of her ferrets come scampering to her and she reverts to her adult shape, though visibly a little... less... than before.

She gives the remaining two ferrets a look and they get back to gathering green men for the pile. She sets off in search of somebody to help.

10. - Top - End - #370

Sitar' Strings

That did go much better than expected. Hopefully this will go well, Zefi thinks.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #371

Dave's Free Clinic

Huh. This woman just kept giving more surprises. I think you're the first person I've run into that actually knew about the Nexus before coming here. Her pure white eyes watch the woman with some curiosity. Or, have you been here before?
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "No no...I haven't been here before. No one should want to come here...everything the universe doesn't use is sent here. Which is why people consider it the garbage bin of the universe." >>
    She laughed.
    "Oh dear...where are my manners? I'm The Lady. And you are?"
    She extends a hand!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #372

[Dave's Free Clinic]

Krystal isn't sure how to react to her current home being called, essentially, the universes' collective junkyard.

Nonetheless, she takes the Lady's hand. Krystal Jones. Nice to meet you.

---------------------------------------------------

[Park]

Rachel chuckles again. Then, with a handful of the candy, she'll pick a nice open spot of grass and lay down on it, watching the sky and munching candy. She'll pat the ground next to her, inviting Alilia to lay next to her.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-10-15 at 09:08 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    Alilia keeps nomming!
    ----
    [Clinic]
    Tsan, seeing that Dave's got this, heads back to her desk n case more people need help.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [NPC]
    Caledonia's ears lower.
    ... I'd rather not have to in the first place...
    Any chance of you just, like... coming along nicely?

She puts on her best puppy-dog eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [NPC Park]

Andy, who has managed to stay quiet until now, gives Callie her brightest smile.
    "Yeah. We're friends, right? And we just want to hang out together!"
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [NPC Park]

Tirya nods, smiling at Callie again.

"That would be nice, yes. But I think that Nirva and I, at least, have no intention of taking you back against your will. We want you for your company, and you'd hardly be very good company if we had to drag you back, would you?"
    Although she's still smiling, Callie is disappointed. A fight against this many opponents would be a wonderful challenge. And what's with all this crap about being friends? She knows Andy and Bella hate her. I can't imagine what kind of boring topics my mother wishes to discuss with me... but I will return with you.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Although she's still smiling, Callie is disappointed. A fight against this many opponents would be a wonderful challenge. And what's with all this crap about being friends? She knows Andy and Bella hate her. I can't imagine what kind of boring topics my mother wishes to discuss with me... but I will return with you.
    Caledonia grins. "YAY THANKS!" She bounces as usual, looking quite grateful to her half-sister.

Nirva just shrugs.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-10-15 at 01:02 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

[NPC Park]

Andy looks dissapointed too. Callie was supposed to lunge after her and start a glorious fight scene! Or at least a chance for the Yakity Sax music!

...as it is, though, hopefully Bella has a tight grip on her, or else she'll be trying to hug Callie. Since she knows she hates it.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #377

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sitar's Strings

Latalla bounces eagerly.

Let's go let's go let's go! We are burning the conceptual metaphor of sunlight that serves the role of marking that passage of time here in the Nexus!

Places to be. People to burn alive in their homes, etc, etc....

Little Green Men

The woman arrives back home leading a tiny unicorn. The pile of green plastic men has grown in her absence and the job was clearly too much for the two ferrets, as the ground is once more covered.

They can be dispelled, but when I undid one of them, that happened

She points at the plaid square of ground by her front door.

18. - Top - End - #378

[Little Green Men]

For the sake of not being rude we'll say that Sigil Stripe introduced himself on the way over from Trog's. He's just polite like that! Though the prospect of getting to learn about a new form of magic might have made him forget his manners for a bit...

Too bad he doesn't encounter a new form of magic.

The tiny unicorn reaches down with a hoof and picks up (how the hell does he do that?) one of the toys. He turns it over, looking at several sides, and furrows his brow at the sight of the mark on the bottom.

"This is Hastur's meddling..." he mutters and glances up at the sky.

By now the green rain clouds seem to have finally worked themselves dry and toys litter the ground, vehicles, houses, trees, and pretty much everything else. Several people armed with snow shovels are already working at disposing of them.

"I don't think dispelling them is wise," he says as he tosses the toy back into the heap. "They're rigged to release a burst of chaos magic if anyone tries that. Y'know, in case anyone attempts to just magic them all away. It might be possible to force the stored magic to do something specific, but that's running against the grain when it comes to chaos. It would probably be best to dispose of them by mundane means."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Parkspace

Kate smiles back. Good to know nothing is seriously wrong."I walked around with all my add-ons and no one questioned it. I was even a half-dragon for a bit, walked to GLoG, and I got one, and exactly one, odd look. Anyway, do you know a lot about Grigs? My roommate, the spider, got turned into a grig... and she's upset about it. How much do you know about grigs?"
    Parkspace

Mintbalm tilts her head to the side, a curious look on her face, "She did? Huh, I didn't think that could happen to spiders who could already talk and stuff. Grigs are bugs who've turned into fey with lots of exposure to fey magic and other weirdness. Eventually they just kind of poof and grow human bits and magic of their own. They can be pretty meddlesome sometimes, but they're nicer about it than most pixies. There's no real meanness in them, just the desire to poke at things until they break." In most cases anyway, there were some mean grigs, and some grigs who were cheery and helpful, and so on. Mintbalm's just giving her opinion on the race as a whole.

"And also... c'mere!" Mintbalm withdraws her hands from her pockets, revealing a pair of grey silk gloves covering her slightly pointed fingers, and tries to wrap her arms around Kate's waist in a tight hug. She really did miss hanging around with her best friend.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

"Oh! It's good to see you, too." Kate hugs back. "She still has the same personality, but she isn't happy about it. From her point of view, her life has become a lot more complex: She needs to mess with hair, and bathing, deoderant, clothes, her dietary needs have completely changed... her life has become a lot more complicated all of a sudden. I was wondering if you knew anything that would help her out or cheer her up. She really doesn't see any perk to having a partially human body."

21. - Top - End - #381

Parkspace

Mintbalm breaks off the hug with a happy sigh, "Change her back, maybe? You made me into a robot, it wouldn't be any trouble at all for you to put her back to the way she was. I could try to take her out and show her the fun side of being a grig, but I don't know how into that she'd be. If the spider wasn't too enamored with having half a human body, Mintbalm can't tell how she'd react to learning some magical powers too. The pixie isn't even sure she can teach a new grig how to do... whatever grigs do.

"So hey, want to see some of the changes? Some of them are pretty cool really. Others are just weird."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

"If you're offering, I'll pass it on. Maybe you could introduce her to some other grigs, she's feeling out of place in her old circles. And I've been playing with the idea of turning her back; I'm just not how sure how effective it would be. I've tried changing her back to "normal"; it seems that as far as magic is concerned she is normal right now. So that means that I would have to change her body back to being completely spider, and the effect that the Kami put on me seems to be resistant to magic." Kate sighs. "Anyway, if you want to show some of the changes, go ahead. Maybe I could help you think up some uses for them."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Angie's Clinic]

"Anyways, I will also be getting you the information you asked for about the rebuilding and staffing of the house. I am hoping to be able to get some good deals on the rebuilding, but we won't spare any expense in the hiring."

"Thank you. I really appreciate all your help."

"My pleasure. If there is nothing else I should be going. I enjoyed to meeting you John, I hope we see each other again."

----------------------------

[Calvin's Uncle's]

Calvin nods to Charity. "Yeah will do. Talk to you soon."

He heads up the stairs and into the house. But he doesn't cal the next day, or the day after that. And he won't anwser his phone either. It would take three days before he is able to call her.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #384

[Dave's Free Clinic]

Krystal isn't sure how to react to her current home being called, essentially, the universes' collective junkyard.

Nonetheless, she takes the Lady's hand. Krystal Jones. Nice to meet you.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    The Lady shakes it!
    "So, since I'm stuck here until another time lord comes by...maybe you could show me around a bit?"
    Tsan won't be needed.
    The clinic is surprisingly dead today.
    Which is weird, the place is nearly always jammed pack.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

Rachel chuckles again. Then, with a handful of the candy, she'll pick a nice open spot of grass and lay down on it, watching the sky and munching candy. She'll pat the ground next to her, inviting Alilia to lay next to her.
    She lays down next to her and smiles, eating and grinning.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386

[Park]

You ever do could watching? Rachel asks as she munches on the candy.

--------------------------------------------------

[Dave's Free Clinic - Streets]

Uh, sure. If the doctor says you're good to go.

Which, odds are good, he does.

Krystal will lead the Lady back into the streets.

What did you mean by another time lord? Is that a title or rank or something?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    She shakes her head.
    Not many shapey's clouds back home...
    These ones've nice...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park]

Tiri seems pleasantly surprised by Callie's acceptance, and, for now, simply stands quietly, waiting for the others to decide to leave.

Though should Andy manage to slip Bella's grasp and go to hug Callie, she'll find herself being grabbed for with both sets of the half-Execuloth's arms.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

[Angie's Clinic]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Anyways, I will also be getting you the information you asked for about the rebuilding and staffing of the house. I am hoping to be able to get some good deals on the rebuilding, but we won't spare any expense in the hiring."

"Thank you. I really appreciate all your help."

"My pleasure. If there is nothing else I should be going. I enjoyed to meeting you John, I hope we see each other again."
    "An honor to meet you as well," BR says, formally. "It's good to meet some of Angie's friends."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #390

WolfInSheepsClothing

Little Green Men

The woman nods. Disappointing to hear.

Is there a way we could prevent them from being dispelled instead?

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away...

Several large dumptrucks bearing the Magcorp logo roll into Inside, right into the heart of the green soldier rain zone. A squad of men in hazmat suits unload and begin cleaning up the plastic men, shoveling them into the dumptrucks. From the front seat of one of the trucks, Elizabeth Kale watches on as the work progresses. She checks her handheld console. A few tons should be enough. And there looks to be plenty of them to go around. She glances at one of the men that was brought to her not long after the rain storm started. Her readings showed that the little things had a lot of potential just waiting to be tapped. She just needed to get a good supply to work with.

Unless something interrupts, Kale and her crew will work diligently to clean up the toys, telling the citizens of Inside that they are dangerous (true), the twisted outcome of unstable chaos energy ready to go off at any moment (true), and that Magcorp has graciously agreed to help with the cleanup (true) and safe disposal of them so that they will no longer pose a threat to anyone in the nexus (big fat lie).