New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Dave's Free Clinic - Streets]

Uh, sure. If the doctor says you're good to go.

Which, odds are good, he does.

Krystal will lead the Lady back into the streets.

What did you mean by another time lord? Is that a title or rank or something?
    Streets
    She's correct! Dave does indeed let them go.
    "No...Time Lord is my race! We're called that because, well, we can cheat death by regenerating our body, we live forever, and we can travel through time! Well...at least with our ships...which mine's gone."
    "Forever."

The Lady looks quite sad about that!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Park

Rachel will now start pouting out various clouds shapes to Alilia for a while. Still munching on the Twizzlers.

-----------------------------------------------

Streets

And now Krystal was starting to feel a little bad for the Lady.

I take it something happened to your ship with you in it?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    Alilia smiles and listens to her, still nomming.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394

[NPC Park]

Still smiling sweetly, the black foxgirl points a finger at Andy. Touch me, you diseased slut, and I'll set you on fire. But apart from an extreme disinterest in being hugged by her obnoxious cousin, Callie Pyrsol will follow them back to HALO.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park => to HALO!]
    Caledonia frowns.
    Hey, she's my slut and she's in perfect health.
    The foxgirl reaches to Andy, aiming to take her friend's hand, as they return to HALO.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396

The little green army men offer no resistance to being collected since they are inanimate objects.

[Little Green Men]

Sigil wrinkles his nose at the question.

"Well... they could, yes. I would have to cast the ward on every single one of them though. It's less a matter of possibility and more a matter of practicality."

Hmm...

That could be troublesome.

"I might be able to come up with something. But it would take some research on my part. The safest bet would be to gather them up and turn them into plastic bags or something."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Calvin's Uncle's House

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Calvin's Uncle's]

Calvin nods to Charity. "Yeah will do. Talk to you soon."

He heads up the stairs and into the house. But he doesn't cal the next day, or the day after that. And he won't anwser his phone either. It would take three days before he is able to call her.
    About the second day, Charity walks past his house and loiters a bit in the general area, but doesn't go up to the door to knock. She might be seen from a window.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Parkspace

"If you're offering, I'll pass it on. Maybe you could introduce her to some other grigs, she's feeling out of place in her old circles. And I've been playing with the idea of turning her back; I'm just not how sure how effective it would be. I've tried changing her back to "normal"; it seems that as far as magic is concerned she is normal right now. So that means that I would have to change her body back to being completely spider, and the effect that the Kami put on me seems to be resistant to magic." Kate sighs. "Anyway, if you want to show some of the changes, go ahead. Maybe I could help you think up some uses for them."
    Parkspace

Mintbalm stands back and goes about hauling her robe up over her head, revealing the rather plain set of grey silk clothes she is wearing beneath, as well as the trio of overlong tails that she has wrapped around her slim waist multiple times.

"Er, well, most of them aren't visible because of the clothes, but there's scales on my chest now, claws on my finger tips, these web-spinners on my shoulders, pink-happygas sacks below my neck, and tiny stingers on the inside of my legs. And that's just the obvious stuff. There's plates under my skin too, and those patterns that show up in the dark, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I just decided to test out these clothes that a grig friend of mine made, and they've each got a bunch of enchantments on them that react when I do stuff like try to take them off or wear them in certain situations. So I'm just experimenting and seeing what stuff provokes what. I did get rid of the bugs though. I'm pretty sure she just threw those in knowing how much they'd annoy me."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

[NPC Park]

"Aw, you do care!" Andy declares with a grin at Callie, winking and obnoxiously refusing to be baited, as she squeezes Caledonia's hand - and Tiri's too, possibly - before nodding to Bella to bring the wayward foxgirl back home!

Quite possibly through use of BR's recently-installed Ground Bridge.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

[NPC Park]

Tiri probably does have Andy's other hand, yes, and should that be the case, smiles, and squeezes it in return. But in any case, she'll quietly head back to HALO with the others, unless something interferes.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin's Uncle's House

She may be seen from a window but there is no response from anyone in the house. All the windows are covered except for a few that are either stained or frosted glass. Seeing inside would be all but impossible.

-----------------------------

[Angie's Clinic]

"Bye Fabian, talk to you later."

Fabian waves goodbye before pulling himself through the portal he created.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parkspace

"You have spinerettes on your shoulders? That's... actually, if you wanted to use them for weaving or sewing or knitting that isn't a bad place." As long as you don't mind doing so in a tank top or something, anyway. "A lot of the stuff sounds like it wasn't considered that the whole body will be covered, though...I can't see most of the changes. Is the tail useful? Wait, is that more than one tail?" Why would anyone need more than one tail? The little bit she has a dragon tail, it was only annoying.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

[Angie's Clinic]

"Well he certainly seemed nice enough for an alien cephahlopod," BR observes with a chuckle.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #404

[Empty Street]

Patroling through the street walks the giant stone scorpion Tovpir around. He avoids the demontrating people. It's best if they not see him. It may scare them even more.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Calvin's Uncle's House

She may be seen from a window but there is no response from anyone in the house. All the windows are covered except for a few that are either stained or frosted glass. Seeing inside would be all but impossible.
    Charity doesn't get close enough to even attempt to look inside. She's merely giving Calvin or his uncle the opportunity to come out and talk to her if they choose.

She'll leave after about an hour of loitering.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #406

Red Zone - Just a Park

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    A spaceship - if the asteroid with thrusters attached could be called such - soars into view. Some giveaway metal components poke out, most notably the cockpit, but otherwise it's a featureless gray rock.

The other notable feature is the pair of twin-linked autocannons mounted on the ship's underbelly. The rotate, locking onto the Chrysalid that's currently straddling Gniewomir, and fire. A superheated metal slug zips through the air, and provided Gniewomir makes no sudden movement, he might find his assailant suddenly disintegrated in a flash of gore.

A ramp opens on the side of the ship, and standing on that ramp is the imposing alien called Teq Vraal. There's a tremendous rifle in his hands, nearly ten feet long, and he shoulders it to take aim at the nearest Chrysalid. His squad, meanwhile, ropes down onto the street, all of them dressed in hefty-looking body armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Gniewomir doesn't chase the Chrysalid, instead joining the other bikers in trying to corral them. Meanwhile, backup has arrived.

The first to arrive are five heavy bikes with riders clad in much heavier armor than Anatolij and his men. The bikes' backs are painted in a motif of white wings on red background. The bikers are holding something that looks like powered lances. Then there's an armored truck with a HMG nest on the roof.

Upon arriving, the new bikers will attempt to charge the Chrysalids, each aiming for one monster. If they hit, the lances will impale the aliens with tremendous energy, multiplied by the technology they're equipped with.

Meanwhile, the truck pulls over and the machine gun begins firing on the Chrysalids not attacked by the Hussar bikers.

If spaceship has a decent view of the whole Red Zone, the crew might notice that the Chrysalids have spread outside of the park and into the streets outside. Hordes of civilians are running as fast as they can, being followed and cut down by Chrysalids as well as the zombies they create.

The Chrysalid thrown by Gniewomir is suddenly hit by a superheated slug. Despite the power of the round, the Chrysalid is not disintegrated. It dies, but it just lays there in a heap.

The lance-armored bikers are fast, but the Chrysalids certainly aren't slow. They all are able to dodge the lances while others are being fired upon by the HMG. Those Chrysalids are still covered by their chitin plating, so the heavy rounds's impact is lessened slightly, but they are still hit and slowed down considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dodgy Blind Alley]

The Chrysalid should be able to grab the rocket man by the shoulders without running into any problems at all!

After it catches him, however, that becomes another story entirely... Two flashy energy beam saber armed gang duelists (the two who weren't visibly armed previously) attempt to plunge their weapons into any exposed portion of the Chrysalid as the sabers spark to life while the rocket man, who is likely restrained by the alien for the most part, attempts to headbutt the Chrysalid if any of its body parts are within range.

Eericka nods at Alder compliantly. He's a godsend...or so it seems. But she doesn't know who he is or what his role in this line of events is. He could be a slaver working with that gang's competition. He could be a murderer or a serial killer who stalks the streets at night searching every shadowy corner for victims of a specific height or with a specific hair or eye color.

But right now, she's willing to trust him. At least until they're out of this mess. But he's got to have a motive for being out and about on the streets this late at night. No good man survives a night outside in this neighborhood. Not even one.
    There, well, isn't any exposed portion of the Chrysalid's body. It's almost entirely covered in a thick chitin plating, while still somehow being incredibly fast. As such, it can safely ignore the thugs barely scraping on its armor while being headbutted by the third. In response to that, it tries to grab and pry open his jaws, while some kind of fluid drips from its mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    An Alleyway

The corners of the child's mouth turn up in a smile. Then the child's mouth opens, revealing she's not really a child; instead of a mouth is a large eyeball with a blue iris and a square pupil. Her eyes also open, revealing themselves as small, fanged maws which quickly extend onto stalks. The murderer won't get a good look, though; the child jumps up and runs on all fours up the wall, waiting near the top. The Chrysalid's bigger; it gets first dibs of the man, and hopefully can't reach the 'child'. Hopefully the person that's already dead won't be eaten, so that way the 'child' at least gets a meal.
    And the Chrysalid takes advantage of having first dibs as the crazed man's thrown knife bounces of of its chitin armor. It runs up to the man and tries to grab his neck.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-10-17 at 12:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Angie's Clinic]

"Yeah, and he is a wizard with numbers. And a literal wizard, watching him cast spells fascinates me, he really uses his whole body."

Eaiser to do when you are an octopus then a silly humanoid and there skeletons.

---------------

[Outside Calvin's Uncle's Home]
    After around 45 minutes of standing around outside, she should hear the sound of a person clearing their throat. A heavy set man has appeared behind her, maybe he is very quiet and snuck up, or maybe she notices he is actualy a very realistic illusion. Either way the gentleman is wearing a fine gray suite and assuming he got her attention with the throat clearing techinique he speaks up.

"Hello, I noticed you seem, lost? Confused?"
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-10-17 at 12:08 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Calvin's Uncle's Home

[Outside Calvin's Uncle's Home]
    After around 45 minutes of standing around outside, she should hear the sound of a person clearing their throat. A heavy set man has appeared behind her, maybe he is very quiet and snuck up, or maybe she notices he is actualy a very realistic illusion. Either way the gentleman is wearing a fine gray suite and assuming he got her attention with the throat clearing techinique he speaks up.

"Hello, I noticed you seem, lost? Confused?"
    If he is an illusion, Charity likely will catch it, as her chromamancy is a specialized type of illusion. (Colour magic, not time magic.) "No, not either. I have a friend in this neighbourhood, but I don't see him around. I'm Charity Evans." She says, her voice friendly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside Calvin's Uncle's Home

Well he definitly is an illusion, he is keeping his real brain nice and safe inside his house right now, figuring the illusion is more then up to the task of talking to Chairty.

"Ah yes, I thought so the colorful hair pretty much gave you away. I am Calvin's uncle, John. A pleasure to meet you. Calvin has told me very little about you, al good though."

He tilts her hat with a smile in lieu of a handshake.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Calvin's Uncle's House

"I hope he's well? I expected him to call yesterday, and he didn't." Charity says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside Calvin's Uncle's House

"Ah, I see. I have been keeping him busy and he must not have had time to call, my fault. I will make sure to remind him to call as soon as he can."

John is all smiles and genuinelly friendly, though he is glazing over the truth just a bit here. Maybe because he doesn't trust her completly, or possibly because they are standing in the middle of the street. A bit of both probably, but either way he isn't about to invite her in.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Outside Uncle John's House

"Oh good. I was hoping it was something simple like that. Perhaps I'm a little paranoid, but I'm a medic, so I always think illness." Charity says. "I'm glad he's well. Do you think he'll be able to make our book club meeting tomorrow night?"

This is a bit of a fib, as the two had not fixed a meeting time yet.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Calvin's Uncle's House]

"He hadn't mentioned it to me. But I think he will be free by then, if a bit tired. I was glad to hear that he had found someone that shares his intrest in reading. It's good to see him get out of the house and meet some people."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Near Uncle John's House

"It's good for me too. It helps me get my mind off the hospital,"
    Charity says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Near Uncle John's House

"That is good. I can understand needing something to destress from work. Maybe I will join you two sometimes." He chuckles a bit. "Though I doubt Calvin would appreciate it. I have the feeling he likes his time away from me. When I was his age I wouldn't want my parental units hovering over me."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

[Angie's Clinic]

"Yeah, and he is a wizard with numbers. And a literal wizard, watching him cast spells fascinates me, he really uses his whole body."

Eaiser to do when you are an octopus then a silly humanoid and there skeletons.
    "I suppose being a cephalopod helps with the somatic components of spells," BR observes, chuckling. "And it's interesting to see how others do things, certainly."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    Alilia points up at a cloud, telling her wife it looks like...
    I don't think I can even type what she just said, not in human letters.
    Or Cyrillic.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Parkspace

"You have spinerettes on your shoulders? That's... actually, if you wanted to use them for weaving or sewing or knitting that isn't a bad place." As long as you don't mind doing so in a tank top or something, anyway. "A lot of the stuff sounds like it wasn't considered that the whole body will be covered, though...I can't see most of the changes. Is the tail useful? Wait, is that more than one tail?" Why would anyone need more than one tail? The little bit she has a dragon tail, it was only annoying.
    Parkspace

"The tails were meant to be annoying I think, since they're so long and don't respond to conscious thought. I figured out how to get around that by using my conscious thoughts and a bit of pixie dust to tell my subconscious to tell them what I want them to do. Mostly I just keep them wrapped up though." Mintbalm blinks once, and a tail unwraps and extends out behind her to its full ten foot length to demonstrate. She blinks again to wrap it up with a grin.

"I'm pretty sure the changes weren't all meant to be real visible embarrassing things, she was just tossing what enchantments she felt were cool onto the clothes. I mean, I could show you the rest, but it would involve me stripping, and if I don't take them off in the exact right order then odd things happen. Heck, odd things will happen anyway, but the ones I'm referring to wind up stopping you from taking them off."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #419

[Park]

Rachel chuckled a little at the description. Not what she saw at first, but now that the thought's in her head...

Yeah, I guess it does.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]
    The alien girl giggles again, finishing her twizzler-grass stuff, and sits up to look at her wife.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show