New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Inside

It finally clicks what the Lady is asking.

Oh, you mean besides the hair and eyes? Well, I have some regeneration, and my bones are made out of some kind of diamond-like stuff. And I can extend them. Like this.

She'll bring her right hand up in front of her. The Lady has a chance to see a good amount of scars on her knuckles before she forms a fist, causing a pointed crystal to slide out of each lower knuckle. They come to a stop at about three inches in length. They are mostly clear.
    Inside!
    The Lady jumps a little.
    "Does that hurt? I mean...you have scars on your knuckles..."
    She looks a bit worried, but she tries to lightly touch one of the crystals.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

"I think you should think about it, Calvin. You're at an age when you should be preparing to leave home and make your own life. You have to decide what you want that life to be. If you never decide, and just stay with your uncle and carry on with how things are... well, that's a decision too."
    Charity says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Inside

Krystal doesn't move her hand away. The crystals will feel pretty much the same as a diamond would.

Krystal shakes her head a bit. Not really. I've been doing it for almost seven years now, so it barely registers. At least, not on the places I usually make them grow from.

As for the scars, I think that's cause my healing isn't perfect. Just close. And after so long of doing it, the scars slowly build up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #544

Market Street

((Sorry for the delay))

Sulfur and bonedust? As was growing horribly familiar, the Wizard finds himself entirely confused. Those were common ingredients, used by every alchemist from apprentice to mage. What were the chances that they could have the miraculous properties Nephea ascribed them? And being able to compose potions without a catalyst? Alchemy didn't work that way, did it?

Not that the Wizard doubted her. He saw no reason Nephea would wish to deceive him. It was just.... Confusing. Very, very confusing. I, uh.... I'm beginning to think this isn't something I can easily understand. But thank you for your help. Now, where was he?

Picking out two familiar names from the available selection of healing potions, assuming there are any, the Wizard sets them on the counter. How much for these two? He knows a healing spell himself, but recent events had proven it to be dangerous unfit for real combat.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #545

Inside

Krystal doesn't move her hand away. The crystals will feel pretty much the same as a diamond would.

Krystal shakes her head a bit. Not really. I've been doing it for almost seven years now, so it barely registers. At least, not on the places I usually make them grow from.

As for the scars, I think that's cause my healing isn't perfect. Just close. And after so long of doing it, the scars slowly build up.
    Inside!
    The Lady is pretty curious about this whole thing!
    "Huh...that's really cool! I mean, think about the applications for a crystal like this in a world...well, erm...this..."
    She takes out a pencil thin device.
    "Mind if I...um...take a sample?"
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #546

[Inside]

Krystal shakes her head, then holds up her index finger of her left hand.

Here, let me.

Three of the crystals quickly retract back into her fist, the wounds they made sealing up fairly quick. With her left hand, Krystal grabs the one that's left and gives a tug. It comes free from her hand.

Once I extend them to twice the original length of the bone, they snap off in the middle. I can use them as projectiles that way, while keeping my bones in place.

She'll offer the small crystal to the Lady to take.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #547

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Dinner and a Pony]

"Business is quite well. Just the other day I got an order for a gross of magical egg crackers. I haven't the faintest idea why such a device would be needed, but I suppose some people just can't live without a gadget to do every little thing," Sigil laughs.

And picks up a fork with his hoof (how does he DO that?) and spears a carrot.

"And I don't typically make weapons. I certainly favor tools of the more non-violent sort if at all possible. Which isn't to say I couldn't make a magic sword if I put my mind to it. It would just be harder for me to really pour my love into something that I know is going to be used to hurt things."

Well! That's a nice sentiment to have.
    Kenas looks disappointing. For half a second.

I bet you could make a magic robot suit of armor!

That's not magic.

Yeah it is.

Nu uh.

Yeah ha.

Nu uh.

Yeah ha.

Nu uh.

Yeah ha.

Nu uh.

Yeah ha.

Children.

Sorry.Sorry.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

8. - Top - End - #548

[Dinner and a Pony]

The in-depth debate manages to get a smile out of Sigil. He spears another carrot and decides to pose what he believes to be an interesting question! A question that he has devoted much of his time to answering.

"Well children, since you seem to be so passionate about what is and isn't magic maybe you could both tell me what you think the proper answer is?" he asks. Then gestures with a hoof. "One at a time, of course. What do you think magic is?"

Often times various worlds have their own clear cut definition of what is and isn't magic.

But in a place like the Nexus?

It becomes a much more complex and often muddled question.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #549

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dinner and a Pony

That's easy. Magic is an elemental force that can be controlled and shaped to do pretty much anything.

She sounds like she is reciting out of a book. Which she is.

No. Magic is magic. Its like... when you make a wish and it comes true.

He sticks his tongue out at his sister and she returns the gesture. Terref smiles and chuckles.

10. - Top - End - #550

[Dinner and a Pony]

"Both very good answers!" the unipony replies, giving his hooves a quick clop together to get the children's attention.

"Magic is indeed an expression of one of the fundamental elements of the cosmos. And magic is also rather akin to making a wish that comes true. Now, here in the Nexus there are many many things that people call magic. They all disagree about where magic comes from. And how one uses it. And what powers it, if anything at all!"

Sigil makes a vague waving motion as he speaks.

"But what if they're all right? What if magic is all those crazy and seemingly clashing things? And even a few more that are so mundane that people usually don't consider it magic at all? You wish for something to happen-"

The unipony lights up his horn causing a pearlecent glow to surround a burssel sprout and levitates it into the air.

"-and it happens. I wished this brussel sprout off the plate, and so it is. Was that magic?"

The glow vanishes and the veggie drops back to the plate. This time he spears the brussel sprout with his fork and lifts it once more.

"Again, I wished this brussel sprout off the plate, and so it is. What about now? Is this magic? And if not how is it different?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #551

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dinner and a Pony

You used your fork and just picked it up. That's different than levitating it.

Kenas, on the other hand, seems to be mulling it over a bit more thoroughly.

Not everyone can use magic. But everybody can pick things up.

Not everybody, dear.

12. - Top - End - #552

[Inside]

Krystal shakes her head, then holds up her index finger of her left hand.

Here, let me.

Three of the crystals quickly retract back into her fist, the wounds they made sealing up fairly quick. With her left hand, Krystal grabs the one that's left and gives a tug. It comes free from her hand.

Once I extend them to twice the original length of the bone, they snap off in the middle. I can use them as projectiles that way, while keeping my bones in place.

She'll offer the small crystal to the Lady to take.
    Inside!
    The Lady takes the small crystal and puts it away in her pocket.
    "Thank you, miss."
    She looks around her.
    "So people actually live here?"
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #553

Inside

Krystal nods a little, raising an eyebrow.

Yeah...is that really surprising? I've seen worse places than this that people live in.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"I think you should think about it, Calvin. You're at an age when you should be preparing to leave home and make your own life. You have to decide what you want that life to be. If you never decide, and just stay with your uncle and carry on with how things are... well, that's a decision too."
    Charity says.
    "Yeah I know. I don't know if I would do well out in the real world, at least in my uncle's I know the rules. I understand basically how things work. On my own...

The idea scares him more then he would admit. While his uncle may have seen to his training in certain useful areas, fighting and theivery, he hasn't been to worried about getting him ready to go out on his own.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #555

Inside

Krystal nods a little, raising an eyebrow.

Yeah...is that really surprising? I've seen worse places than this that people live in.
    Inside!
    "Well, it is nice here...is it unstable at all? Like, earthquakes happening constantly...random events happening in the city...strange going abouts..?"
    She has a puzzled look on her face.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Hank's Hookahs
    "Yeah I know. I don't know if I would do well out in the real world, at least in my uncle's I know the rules. I understand basically how things work. On my own...

The idea scares him more then he would admit. While his uncle may have seen to his training in certain useful areas, fighting and theivery, he hasn't been to worried about getting him ready to go out on his own.
    "The only rules for being a grownup are the ones you make for yourself," Charity says, after releasing an exhalation of smoke from the hookah she totally started smoking several posts back. *applies handwavium* "My rule is 'Do no harm'. My boyfriend's rule is 'Protect the innocent'. Which of us is right? I think we both are. He's made the right choice for his life, and I've made the right choice for mine."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

Calvin tries to think of what the overarching rule in his life would be. Don't let them stab you in the parts you need. Know your limits. Always know your way out of a room. None of the ones comint to mind seem to fit quite right.

"What if I make the wrong choice?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

"You will. Over and over. That's life. Good and bad. Joy and sorrow. Success and ****ing everything up. Calvin, if you're just going to do what your Uncle tells you, what's the point of there being a Calvin in the world? You have your own mind, your own will, your own existence. You shouldn't just be an extension of his will, any more than I should have stayed in my mother's house catering to a whims of a bipolar woman who refused treatment. I had to get me and my sister out, even though it hurt my mother. Even though it hurt me and Sunny. Even though I screwed up a lot of things when it was the two of us living on our own. At least they were my screw-ups."

As usual, Charity gets a bit preachy when she's high.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

"Just because you left your mother doesn't mean I should leave my uncle. I mean you got to take your sister with you, I have no other family. I do have my own mind, but why not listen to his experience, learn from him while I can. He took care of me should I just abandon him?"

Protect your family, that is a rule he could live by. It is a popular message his uncle has taught him over the years. Maybe that one would work.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #560

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Inside!
    "Well, it is nice here...is it unstable at all? Like, earthquakes happening constantly...random events happening in the city...strange going abouts..?"
    She has a puzzled look on her face.
    Inside

Krystal gives a slight shrug. Not really any natural disasters, but the other two happen enough that the people living here kind of expect something to happen at any given moment. What that something is can be odd, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]
    Alilia and Rachel return in search of a restaurant whose oms are desireable to be nommed.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

[Angie's Clinic]

"Yeah, I would love the company."

Of course the work she has to do is reading resumes for perspective employees. None of which I have written up or put thought into them. So working shall be hand waved away.
    Then working happens. So does quiet sitting and drinking of Java. Possibly BR starts to doze off after awhile, too.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Inside]
    Alilia and Rachel return in search of a restaurant whose oms are desireable to be nommed.
    Rachel strolls along, keeping her eyes peeled for anything of interest.

((Which place do you want them to go?))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    ((I have no idea, actually! Anywhere you want is fine with me. ))
    Alilia looks around too, glossy-black eyes scanning the buildings around them.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565

[Streets]

A sign catches Rachel's attention.

Dancing Fox Inn...Well, that's sounds as good a place as any. Shall we?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    She nods, and into the Inn they go!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

"Just because you left your mother doesn't mean I should leave my uncle. I mean you got to take your sister with you, I have no other family. I do have my own mind, but why not listen to his experience, learn from him while I can. He took care of me should I just abandon him?"

Protect your family, that is a rule he could live by. It is a popular message his uncle has taught him over the years. Maybe that one would work.
    "I didn't leave her forever. When she was dying, I went back and took care of her. Breast cancer." Charity says. She's quickly shakes off that memory, as it's a pretty unpleasant one. "Do you want to keep doing the things your uncle tells you to?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

Calvin frowns a bit at the question thinking it over. He wishes it was simplier then it was.

"No. Not always, but I want to protect him. Make sure he is safe."

He doesn't think that he could keep him safe without working with him either. If he started not doing what his uncle said he would quickly either be kicked out of the house, or persuaded to change his mind. At least that is what Calvin figures from his previous experinces questioning his Uncle.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #569

Hollow Hill

Aiden has been nearly inconsolable for some time now, locking himself in his room and only opening the door for meals. At this point, anyone listening at his door might hear the furious typing of an electronic typewriter.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

The reaction of the people there likely depends on his appearance when he's been getting his meals, since if this is just how he writes, they won't want to disturb him.