New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Streets - Alilia and Rachel]

Rachel gives an excited smile.

Great! You'll have to show me.
    Okays!

She squeezes her hand, giggling. Is on computer at home. Maybe show in bed tonight!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Laneside Bowling

"Urinals," Justin answers. "They're for if you only have to pee, so there's less of a line for the bathroom and it wastes less water."

Back in the bowling room, Lily may not be alone in the room as she cleans the table. Something is watching her. Something angry, and outraged! At the little thing cleaning in the big room, yes, but much more angry at the bigger blue thing that entered the bathroom. The hell does blue-thing think he's doing? It didn't give permission for more to live here. It barely tolerates blue-thing.
    Justin is blue? I never knew this!

Lily doesn't know she's being watched. She continues to work while singing a song she learned from Brinika. Unfortunately, Brinika sings a lot better than Lily does.

Back in the bathroom, Tito grasps the concept immediately. "Oh. But you need to keep a stool in here then, for little people to stand on." Then he scrunches up his face. "Wait, if this place is so dirty, what have you been using? Do you have a chamberpot somewhere?"

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Hank's Hookahs]

"That's cool. So is it a lot of studying to be an EMT?"

Derek settles back with his hose and keeps smoking.

"Several courses, plus a lot of clinical training. The hardest course is comparative anatomy for different species. You can't just memorize it, because you never know who will show up in the Nexus. You have to learn how to identify an organ that might be a liver or kidney analogue, even if you've never seen the species before. Fun stuff."
    Charity says. "It's a lot harder than drawing."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Justin hasn't worn a single outfit without blue his entire life. He has earned the title of blue-thing.

It watches the little-thing and listens to it. Seriously? It's singing now? Does it have to deal with these little-things living here now? Noisy little-things too! At least blue-thing is quiet. No. It's not dealing with this. Little-things have to go and blue-thing is getting a serious talking too. Hey, you! Little-thing. Out! Now! "Meow!"

"Well the urinals and toilets still work fine, dirty or not. There's also about a trillion of these paper toilet seat things in the back." He opens a stall and point to the toilet seat cover dispenser on the back wall.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #844

Cave of Being
    "You sound like a believer of his lies. You are not hallucinations..."
    He looked up at them.
    "My hallucinations would never do that."
    With a small growl, he speaks again.
    "Why are you here?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #845
    Halfling in the Playground

[Research Institute for Humanist Studies]

Late at night, Professor Roberts approaches the rather ordinary-looking warehouse. On the off-chance the someone decided to follow him, he took several diversions along the way, including stopping off for a drink at a tavern.

He probably did other stuff too, but since Shrimp isn't an expert on not being followed, suffice to say that Roberts made sure as best he could that he wasn't followed.

Anyway, Roberts makes his way over to the warehouse, and as per instructed will either make his way down to the lab, or knock at the appropriate stage of entry, be it the warehouse door or the trap door.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Laboratory

A slender, older woman lets Roberts in. "Hmph. You don't look like much. Come on in, then." She leads him in, and he'll find a table where she and two assistants are dissecting a gnome.

Laneside Bowling

Laneside Bowling

Justin hasn't worn a single outfit without blue his entire life. He has earned the title of blue-thing.

It watches the little-thing and listens to it. Seriously? It's singing now? Does it have to deal with these little-things living here now? Noisy little-things too! At least blue-thing is quiet. No. It's not dealing with this. Little-things have to go and blue-thing is getting a serious talking too. Hey, you! Little-thing. Out! Now! "Meow!"

"Well the urinals and toilets still work fine, dirty or not. There's also about a trillion of these paper toilet seat things in the back." He opens a stall and point to the toilet seat cover dispenser on the back wall.
    Lily looks for the noise making thing. "Are you a real kitty or a Treasure Seeker?"

In the bathroom, Brand says, "Well, let's at least get you a single chamberpot that is clean enough to use before we have to go for the day." Tito nods, and heads into the closest stall to him... which happens to be the clogged one.

He immediately runs back out, pulls the stall door shut, and retches a little without actually vomiting.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-08 at 05:18 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #847

[Laboratory]

"Appearances can be deceiving, madam. You'll find me quite capable of dealing with the task at hand." Roberts says with a smile as he follows her in.

"I'd appreciate it if you would be so kind as to bring me up to speed on your progress so far. Though if you need to concentrate on your work at the moment, I'm quite happy to wait until you're done."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #848

Laneside Bowling

Poor poor Tito. "Whoops, sorry Tito. Really should have sealed that off with police tape or something. Let's start with closest to the door."

Back with Lily, sitting on a nearby ball return is a black cat with a little red collar.

Of course it's a real kitty. Kitties don't treasure hunt, they food hunt. That's nonsensense. The little thing is speaking nonsense! All the more reason to get her out of here. Did it stutter, little thing? It thought it told you to leave. You, door, make friends! "Meowwr!"

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #849
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aegis Vaults

Ping! Pong! Ping! Pong!

The supersonic waves bounce between the metal walls of the vault, but turn up a grand total of zip in regards to the ghostly bandit's location. Except... Wait... It's very faint, but.... Yes, there's a patch of air that's considerably denser than the rest, drifting towards the far door.

Gelley's night vision is sadly ineffective at finding the ghost, but it does give a better view of the various buttons, levels, switches, toggles, dials and valves on the control panel. There's also the bank director, passed out cold on the ground.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #850

Aegis Vault

"Hey, buddy! You alright?" Gelley says loudly, hopping forward and bending down to pat the bank manager's cheek.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Several courses, plus a lot of clinical training. The hardest course is comparative anatomy for different species. You can't just memorize it, because you never know who will show up in the Nexus. You have to learn how to identify an organ that might be a liver or kidney analogue, even if you've never seen the species before. Fun stuff."
    Charity says. "It's a lot harder than drawing."
    "I bet, in a place like this I bet you see a lot of weird stuff as a EMT. Do you still find time to draw?

Calvin learned some anatomy over time, but mostly with the idea of causing as much damage as possible so he generally has an idea where vital organs are kept in more common humanoids.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Aegis Vaults

Ahha! Doctor Decibel goes to...
    errr...
    Actually he doesn't know what he's supposed to do about a ghost. Good thing he tends to act more than he tends to think! He jumps at the dense air, aiming to fall from up high and sonic punch it.

10 to one he just bumps into the floor and knocks himself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #853

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "You still think this magic fairy wizard girl is going to stay dead? Look at this stuff, this is clearly not the sort of things that happen to and around a sane, predictable, logical living being. She'll wake up in the ashes, shrug, and then go right on her way."

Dalton rolls his eyes, before looting Latalla's unconscious form. Those healing potions look like they might be of use eventually, and everyone can always use another rusty dagger, right?
    Kribulkin Street

"I don't think she is dead, right now. And I'm also don't know what happens if she really dies,but the Nexus offers a hugh amount of things. I gave up searching for 'normal' things here."

Zefir has not much use for the other stuff lying aroun so he starts taking the bricks for the window.

"Leave her here Ekkehard. After we are done we could look for her."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Guy's Night Out

The male begins drawing on his tablet, ready to explain the whole thing right here-

Oh, no. The female stops him and hands him the needle thing.

She gestures at the thing, then at Harnel, and shows him her tablet. It's the word "Please."

You know, they're getting better. This is much more polite than the paintball abduction grenade launcher.
    [Guy's Night Out]

"... this won't take too long, will it?" Harnel asks suspiciously, "We're out to have some fun tonight. If you can do it quickly, go ahead, but I don't want to take too long here."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Orc in the Playground

Cave of Being

"To unbind you, what he said." Mrs. Bloodplunder hopes this stupid, delusional demon will smart up soon, but it seems that being bound for centuries at least tends to have negative effects on one's sanity so there's not much hope there.

Kribulkin Street

"We don't necessarily want her dead; we want her to at least fool the kobolds into thinking she's responsible." But Ekkehard will dump the body a short distance away and go back to begin work on blocking the only exit from the house.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Guy's Night Out

The female will grab the needle thing and try to stick Harnel's arm with it. She's... disturbingly eager with it. Anyway, the little thing would all but instantly take a number of itty bitty but rather deep samples. It'll feel like somewhat painful pinpricks, but it won't make him bleed. Before you ask, no, Harnel's scales wouldn't help. The little needle device could pierce up to three inches of steel if needed.

It's not going that deep, no. That's just what it could do.

17. - Top - End - #857

Cave of Being

As she said, we are here to free you from your chains. The Wizard repeats, beginning to feel very, very unsure about this plan. Only in hindsight does it occur that walking up to an ancient, powerful demon and telling it a blatant lie might not go so well...
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

[Guy's Night Out]

Wenomir shrugs.
    "You know you've been living in the Nexus for a while if this sort of thing isn't even in the top ten stranges ones that have happened to you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guy's Night Out]

"Could be worse," Harnel says, letting the aliens drain his blood a bit, "If they were hostile, they would have tried to take this by force. Small mercies and all that."

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

Guy's Night Out

The bizarre silvery people are pleased to no end! They immediately begin to discuss something, presumably about the sample, and then they are distracted by a butterfly.

It's kind of like watching a pair of cats now, as the two of them whip out their scanners and chase after it to get a scan and maybe catch it in a jar or something. The pair will head off unless Wenomir and Harnel get their attention back.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guy's Night Out]

"Have you ever noticed how many people here are like cats?" Harnel asks rather inanely, "Even the people without cat bits are like cats."

Yes, he is, in fact, watching the SETs scurry off after a butterfly.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-11-09 at 06:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

[Guy's Night Out]

Wenomir nods. This is the sort of thing that makes sense after you've had a few drinks.
    "Even if they don't have cat bits, they have the attention span of your average cat. Bet you ten coins we'll run into something even stranger on our way, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guy's Night Out]

Harnel starts moving again, "No bet. I know better than to not expect something insane. We've both lived here too long for that."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

The Institute of Humanist Studies (aka Sekrit Evil Lab)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Laboratory]

"Appearances can be deceiving, madam. You'll find me quite capable of dealing with the task at hand." Roberts says with a smile as he follows her in.

"I'd appreciate it if you would be so kind as to bring me up to speed on your progress so far. Though if you need to concentrate on your work at the moment, I'm quite happy to wait until you're done."

"Comparative anatomy." The woman waves at a shelf where brains of different species sit floating in jars of preservative. "The brain is the obvious target, but a secondary target is hands. Tool making. The gnomes have incredibly dextrous hands, despite their less complex brain structure."

Laneside Bowling

Spoiler
    Show
    Laneside Bowling

Poor poor Tito. "Whoops, sorry Tito. Really should have sealed that off with police tape or something. Let's start with closest to the door."

Back with Lily, sitting on a nearby ball return is a black cat with a little red collar.

Of course it's a real kitty. Kitties don't treasure hunt, they food hunt. That's nonsensense. The little thing is speaking nonsense! All the more reason to get her out of here. Did it stutter, little thing? It thought it told you to leave. You, door, make friends! "Meowwr!"

"Okay... I can..."

Tito is still looking queasy, so Brand has mercy on him. "Why don't you go help your sister? We shouldn't leave her out there alone too long." Tito nods and takes off, relieved at his escape.

"He works too hard," Brand says, looking after him with paternal pride and worry. "He probably does three times the chores I did at his age. If we didn't have the excuse of sending him after Lily sometimes, he'd probably never get any play in."

In the main part of the bowling alley, he gets there just as Lily is trying to scoop up the kitty and hug it and squeeze it and pet it and love on it. Cats love that, right? "Look, Tito, it's a kitty!"

Hanks Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "I bet, in a place like this I bet you see a lot of weird stuff as a EMT. Do you still find time to draw?

Calvin learned some anatomy over time, but mostly with the idea of causing as much damage as possible so he generally has an idea where vital organs are kept in more common humanoids.

"Not as much, but I tend to sketch between calls."
    She flips open the sketch book to page after page of sketches of the sort of thing you see in a hospital or an ambulance bay - stretchers, IVs, fellow technicians sitting around playing cards, etc.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #865

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Streets - Krystal and the Lady]

Yeah, maybe... Krystal doesn't sound convinced, though. She goes into deep thought for a moment, trying to remember why that was so familiar.

And then it hits her.

I think...I think your, um, race...is in a TV show...
    Streets - Krystal and The Lady
    The Lady shrugged.
    "One man's television is another's reality. It isn't that surprising. You see, alternate universes are constantly interacting with us on a undetectable level. That is where we get our inspiration for books, movies, TV shows, ect..."

---

Cave of Being
    The man frowned.
    "If you are here to do so, then why am I still in chains? If your purpose is to free me, then get on with it."
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #866

[Streets - Alilia and Rachel]

Rachel nods. Sounds like a plan to me.

------------------------------------------------------------

[Streets - Krystal and the Lady]

Krystal tilts her head a little.

You know, you're taking that better than I thought you would. I kind of freaked out a little when I found out my whole reality was in somebody else's comics.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [B]Laneside Bowling[/

"Okay... I can..."

Tito is still looking queasy, so Brand has mercy on him. "Why don't you go help your sister? We shouldn't leave her out there alone too long." Tito nods and takes off, relieved at his escape.

"He works too hard," Brand says, looking after him with paternal pride and worry. "He probably does three times the chores I did at his age. If we didn't have the excuse of sending him after Lily sometimes, he'd probably never get any play in."

In the main part of the bowling alley, he gets there just as Lily is trying to scoop up the kitty and hug it and squeeze it and pet it and love on it. Cats love that, right? "Look, Tito, it's a kitty!"
    Laneside Bowling

"Hmm." Justin scratches his head and tries to connect with his inner child for advice. Tito's probably trying to keep himself busy as best as he can to avoid thinking about stuff. "I guess you could always schedule playtime. Never would have worked on me, but Tito is way less defiant than I was. Sorry that's such crappy advice." Justin is so not qualified to advise people on their kids. "He's a good kid, though. Hell, he's a great kid. Just keep loving him I guess."

In the main room, a minor correction, Tito walks in just in time to see his sister's arms phase through the kitty. It should feel like she just stuck her hand in a pocket of chilly air.

Yeah, that's not happening. "Mrrowr." Listen, little things, it has a certain arrangement with Blue-thing. He stays quiet and out of it's way, and he gets to stay here. If you can follow the same rules Blue-thing does, one or two of you can stay. Not all three! One of you is out on the street. It suggests you start making your case before the third thing comes in. "Meoow."

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

"Hehe... You were probably more like Lily. Always in trouble and using your angel face to try and get out of it." Brand says.

Lily shivers as she misses the kitty. "It jumps fast," she says.

"It didn't jump. It tell-a-pulted." Tito says.

"Don't be silly, Tito, kitties can't tell-a-pult!"

"I saw it! And this isn't Home, Leelee! Kitties can do scary stuff here. I heard there was an army of kitties once, who breathed fire."

"Oh." Lily looks at the kitty. "Do you breathe fire?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-10 at 01:11 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #869

Inside!
    Dun dun dun dun dun.........
    A large purple ooze is slowly making its way through the city, enveloping apartment buildings as it moved through the city.
    Only one sound was made as it moved...
    "Gak."
    "Gak."
    "GAK."

((So...interaction, anyone?))
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #870

[The Institute of Humanist Studies]

"If their brain structure is less complex, the gnomes are inferior. Why waste time with the hands?" Roberts asks, folding his arms. "It doesn't matter if we are weaker in any aspect other than our intellect, the power of our minds allows us to overcome any such shortcomings and surpass all others. The only thing we need to prove here is that we have the best brains, as it were."

Roberts walks over to the brain shelf and peers intently at the jars, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "The fact that you're looking at anything other than the brain suggests there's an elephant in the room. Which brain appears to be more complex than ours?"