New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Aegis Vaults

Oh no! Doctor Decible has one last trick up his sleeve. One last trump card he saves for all but the most horrendous of villains in the most dire situations. One last move!

Well, ok, not really. He just tries punching the ghost again repeatedly as the ghost runs away. You know, considering how he shouts all the time, he probably is deaf and can't hear the ghost.

So yeah. Doctor Decible's got nothing.
    THIS TIME! BUT JUSTICE NEVER CEASES AND ALWAYS PREVAILS! Just... a little later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Aegis Vaults

Oh, crap! Gelley hadn't realized the vault was keeping their ghost in too. Or that it would open when Mr. Manager scanned his hand. This is not gonna look good for her HALO record.

"Not today you SOB!" Gelley shouts, busting out've the manager's booth and shooting after the ghost at quite frankly ridiculous speeds. Not that it'll matter, unless Matt's player suddenly decides to drag the angel out've deadtime. I think he's the only one who had a chance of hurting this badguy to begin with.
    Ka-Whiff! Dr. Decibel's fists pass right through the ghost, only barely disrupting the ectoplasmic fog.

Ka-Rocket! Gelley's charge works no better, sending her hurtling right through her target without leaving a mark!

Ka-Vanish! Pausing only to spin around and wave a blurry hand at the good doctor, the ghost dives past the vault door and disappears beneath the faux-marble, black-and-white checkerboard floor of the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Cave of Being

Mrs. Bloodplunder is currently looking around, trying to gauge if the 'demon' is the demon and not some trapped innocent placed to mask the real demon's prison. "Can you tell how much magic is going on in here, and where the magic is? He may be a decoy, with the demon hidden elsewhere. Chains over a pool of magma is a classic, but also too obvious."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Cave of Being
    Gabriell stares at the ground, waiting to be released.
    The Wizard hesitates a moment, weighing the suggestion. Then he nods in the affirmative. If you would keep an eye out for me. Sitting down, the Wizard puts a hand to the golden amulet around his neck, closes his eyes and lets his consciousness sink down into the ether.

In practical terms this means he's reaching out into the flow of magic in this area, trying to feel out all enchantments or sorceries that may be present. Such as the one binding Gabriel. Or Gabriel's own aura. But there's more to this than simply registering a presence or lack of magic. The particular form of spell-weaving the Wizard practices draws upon emotion, intent.

In turn, this means his method of sensing magic allows him to also sense the purpose behind it, at least in crude terms. In this case, his focus is upon Gabriel's aura, trying to eke out whether the trapped being is as benevolent as he claims.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-11-20 at 06:37 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

Cave of Being

Mrs. Bloodplunder nods and will stand ready, looking around to ensure there's nobody attempting an ambush. She's feeling very patient, but slightly bored (though also disciplined enough to ignore that) and slightly excited. Just under the surface is a large pool of anger, though it seems tightly controlled for the time being.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cave of Being
    There's immense power inside of Gabriel, and in the sword nearby. As well do the chains that bind him.
    The chains seemed to have been binded on Gabriel with a sense of malice and fear.
    Gabriel himself does have an aura. But...it's just giving off a feeling of great sadness.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1024

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

"I am curious about this institution and its function." The man in the formal red robe asks. Take that formal white robe!
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man looks back confused.

"It's a place to worship Deus Mechanicus, Sir"

I'm not sure, but is the amulet which appears as triangle within a triangle a noticable sign for Nexus people? The acolyts are from the nexus.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [A Few Steps Down The Road]

"You don't? That's good." Nephea said. "I'm a bit envious, though. Teleportation always makes me feel nauseous. I'd hate to think what would happen if I was tagging along with someone who was making rapid jumps or something... Well, aside from probably painting the ground in some gross colors after it was over, I guess. I mean, I hear that if it isn't done right, you can leave some parts of you behind. Do you know if that's true? I'd hate to accidentally leave a kidney somewhere. I mean, sure, there's healing magic and some really strong potions that can fix that kind of thing but I bet that would feel like the mother of all kidney punches there."

If allowed, the catamander would likely engage in similar babble for most of the trip to this designated willow tree. She had yet to mention any reason why it was special, though, so that might be one of several questions that could be used to stem the flow of banter.
    Mhmm. 'Mhmm' has always been one of the most reliable words in the Wizard's vocabulary. Some people talk about things. Some people talk just to talk. Often, neither sort wants to stop talking. But that's alright. Sometimes they say something interesting despite themselves, so, paying at least a little attention pays back, as does pretending to listen more than you really are. Often, it's as simple as saying 'Mhmm' once in a while.

At least until it's time to ask a question. Nephea's brought up quite a few interesting thoughts in this conversation, but the one that most concerns the Wizard is If... If a kidney could be lost, or another organ... What then of more ephemeral components? Memories and dreams and that like?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man looks back confused.

"It's a place to worship Deus Mechanicus, Sir"

I'm not sure, but is the amulet which appears as triangle within a triangle a noticeable sign for Nexus people? The acolytes are from the nexus.^^
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The symbol has no particular meaning in the Nexus.

"Who is Deus Mechanicus?"

Aegis Vaults

"You can't hide from Justice forever villain!"

Doctor Decibel exclaims before going to pat Gelley on the back boisterously. "Excellent job there sidekick! Glad to have you on the team, though wish I had a bit more heads up before becoming your new boss." They could have worked on matching outfits.

"Now let's attend to these citizens." Doctor Decibel turns to go and do just that, calling for medics with his phone in case it hadn't been done for some reason when the bank went into lockdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Halfling in the Playground

Aegis Vaults

Gelley is just extricating herself from the remains of a teller's booth when Decibel appears, slapping her on the back like an old college buddy. Now, it might just be poor Divebomb's bruised skull, but it sounds like the good doctor is talking about sidekicks or justice. Not that she's missing much - that seems to be the standard.

"...You are really into this, aren't you?" Gelley says, beaming at the doctor despite their bittersweet victory.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-21 at 01:05 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #1028

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Laneside Bowling

"You know, how people disappear from one place and come back in another, except the kitty comes back in the same place after he tell-a-pults." Lily says. It makes perfect sense!
    Laneside Bowling

"So the cat disappears and reappears in place whenever you touch it?" Justin hasn't bothered with the cat, so he didn't know any of that. "Joy of joys, I'm living with a magic cat," he says sarcastically, biting back the Flippin' Magic since kids are present. "Dont suppose you can talk, too?" He calls to the kitty sitting on the snack bar.

It's not even going to dignify that with a meow, blue thing.

"No? Good. Anyway, thanks you three, for helping out with my pigsty of a home. It was more work than I advertised."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Aegis Vaults

Gelley is just extricating herself from the remains of a teller's booth when Decibel appears, slapping her on the back like an old college buddy. Now, it might just be poor Divebomb's bruised skull, but it sounds like the good doctor is talking about sidekicks or justice. Not that she's missing much - that seems to be the standard.

"...You are really into this, aren't you?" Gelley says, beaming at the doctor despite their bittersweet victory.
    Aegis Vaults

"The forces of righteousness can never fight half-hearted as the forces of darkness will always give 110 percent if you let them. Their 100 and your 10." And only Superman's able to get away with that.
    The jerk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

"There is a talking cat at GLoG who looks for treasure. Maybe he can talk to your kitty," Lily says, and then yawns. But then he might try and steal Justin's loot!

"Come on, sprouts. Mama's waiting for us,"
    Brand says. "Justin, we'll see you soon."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #1031

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

The symbol has no particular meaning in the Nexus.

"Who is Deus Mechanicus?"

Aegis Vaults

"You can't hide from Justice forever villain!"

Doctor Decibel exclaims before going to pat Gelley on the back boisterously. "Excellent job there sidekick! Glad to have you on the team, though wish I had a bit more heads up before becoming your new boss." They could have worked on matching outfits.

"Now let's attend to these citizens." Doctor Decibel turns to go and do just that, calling for medics with his phone in case it hadn't been done for some reason when the bank went into lockdown.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Deus Mechanicus is a god. The god of machines. He is the one who brought technologie to the world as the races lived in caves."

12. - Top - End - #1032

Laneside Bowling

And then the Nexus would be minus one Reinholdt.

"One cat is enough, thanks. See you all soon. You guys be safe, okay?" Justin says.

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Brand departs, leaving behind a bowling alley that has a clean kitchen, and at least one clean bathroom stall in the men's room! Hurray!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1034

[A Few Steps Further]

Good listeners were highly valuable people. While Nephea would usually drop at least something of interest at fairly regular intervals, she just liked chatting people up. Really, it was part of why her small business was going as well as it was. People liked it when the person they were talking to was willing to 'talk shop' so to speak. Or at least give them fair shakes at what they were buying. Nephea knew that while she was a thief to her core, she also knew she was the kind that was in it for the thrill rather than the money and things did tend to turn up more often than not as if they were simply 'misplaced.' ...Usually at least. But a cheat or a liar? There were words reserved for those kinds of people and none of them were nice in the least.

Still, the question the Wizard had asked quickly shut her up and her ears flattened on top of her head as she reached up to fiddle with the strange amulet that was hanging from around her neck. Finally, she just shrugged and said "I dunno. I guess it's possible but.. Well, I don't know enough about that kind of thing to be able to tell you."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Deus Mechanicus is a god. The god of machines. He is the one who brought technologie to the world as the races lived in caves."
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Who proclaimed him a god and what does he command his subjects to do?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Mr HT thinks pugs are ugly. It is a testimony to the depths of my love that I married him anyway.

"Count the legs," Charity says.
    "Oh yeah, I can totally see the difference now. They are cute. Do you get to see them often?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #1037

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Who proclaimed him a god and what does he command his subjects to do?"
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"The high priestress was the first one in the Nexus. We work on his cildren and build them as he wishes."

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Hank's Hookahs]

"Oh yeah, I can totally see the difference now. They are cute. Do you get to see them often?"

"A few times a week. They live a few hours outside the city, but my sister works for Remnant as an engineer, and teleports in. Carl, her husband, stays home with the baby."
    She clicks to choose a new photo of Sunny and Carl, and Calvin will see that Carl is a halfling. "Carl's a great guy. He's made her so happy."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

"They look good together. Sounds nice, to be able to get away from the craziness of this city for awhile."

Calvin doesn't really have any thoughts on inter-species relationships. Besides the fact that they were probably lucky to be able to have a kid together.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Cave of Being
    Gabriell stares at the ground, waiting to be released.

Dave's Free Clinic
    Dave looks Clarissa dead in the eye and raised his hand.
    "No."
    He counters the spell, keeping him non-pregnant.
    "Now I'm going to ask nicely once more, get on the table so we can deliver our children!"
    Dave's had more difficult patients before. He knows how to deal with this kind of nonsense!
    [Dave's Free Clinic]

"Fine! Have it your way!"

Within ten seconds, with nothing more than a single thought and a fast-acting spell, Clarissa's children are born into the world (and unleashed upon everyone and everything) with the aid of magic and the total exclusion of medical anything.

There! Problem solved! Now neither of them have to be in indescribable pain! Problem solved! But Dave won't be able to experience childbirth as a human's doctor and husband.

Not that I believe he'd want to with all that magic whizzing around and a goddess that has nearly accidentally killed him multiple times in the past in labor.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - He didn't have one father]

Or a mother for that matter.

"No I don't drink, for a number a reasons, mostly the ones people told me my whole life. Too young, it's unhealthy, I get swipey when I'm drunk, but mostly I just don't like the taste." Wait, swipey? Before anyone has time to question his choice of words Justin attempts to lean over Alyca and brace himself on the door. He offers his coins to the beaten and weary teenager/magbot. running the register.
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Swipey]

Poor Justin!

The transaction is a go! The weary teenager/magbot probably receives Justin's money for Magtok to do something with! And the teen/magbot will probably dispense change for Justin to line his pockets with.

Change is a whole lot more jingly than two gold coins!

Of course, Alyca tries to claim the change on Justin's behalf so none of it falls to the ground and transfer it to him...and attempt to hold Justin's hand for a minute longer than necessary if she is able.

-------
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

"She isn't here."

Zefir answers a bit sad. The cute dragon really seems to get something out of him. It's really sad that he don't knows where his mommy is.

"Are you hungry?" he asks friendly.
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

"Hungry. Yes. I'm hungry, daddy."

The little red dragon attempts to crawl up to Zefir and curl up against his feet! Because feet are warm and daddy is nice! And if that succeeds, it'll roll over onto its back and look up at daddy with its big, soft eyes. It is clearly fascinated by him. It wonders if, when it grows up, it will really look like that?

21. - Top - End - #1041

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Swipey]

Poor Justin!

The transaction is a go! The weary teenager/magbot probably receives Justin's money for Magtok to do something with! And the teen/magbot will probably dispense change for Justin to line his pockets with.

Change is a whole lot more jingly than two gold coins!

Of course, Alyca tries to claim the change on Justin's behalf so none of it falls to the ground and transfer it to him...and attempt to hold Justin's hand for a minute longer than necessary if she is able.
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Jingly]

Don't frown, it's not like he ever met either of them. He's not sad.

Waiting for the change, Justin realizes he did something quite bold and a little rude. He sits back in his seat and accepts the change, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Right, sorry about that. But I figured y'know... the man should... pay." When you break it down like that, it sounds pretty sexist. Check your privilege, bro.

The hand holding will most likely linger until Miriah loses patience, because Justin's not saying a damn thing.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Car - Post Before the Obligatory High-Speed Car Stunts]

Alyca... Alyca doesn't know how to react to that...

Awkward silence follows straight up until...

Miriah can't bottle it up any longer! She bursts out into a fit of laughter at Justin's show of chivalry. She holds her stomach and laughs. And laughs. And laughs. She laughs until she's left gasping for air and then some.

"Oh man, Justin. Oh man. You did not just say that on your first date. Wow. Smooth. You gonna insist she quits her job, becomes a full-time housewife, and names your first two male children Wally and Theodore too? *Snerk!*"

"You're a card! A card!"

"But it is nice to hear that you do care about my sister's feelings. To admit to and apologize for a slip-up like that on your first date... You know, I think we might have common ground aside from the both of us looking forward to dating girls."

Miriah is acting super-serious when she says that last part. She's attempting to judge Justin's reaction to her words. It's always beneficial to figure out a person's beliefs and strongly held convictions before they share 'em themselves.

Alyca finally comments on Justin's behavior while pulling out of the drive thru!

"Honestly, I'm just happy we're past the whole personal space stage of our relationship. But when you put it like that..."

Uh-oh!

"I'm going to have to break those gender stereotypes you've got stuck inside your noggin."

Alyca attempts to make eye contact with Justin and smile at him like the sly vixen she is. She flirtatiously leans close to him as though she's moving to kiss him, but she'll pull back an inch or so at the last possible moment and whisper kittenishly to him.

"Dance with me as much as I'd like tonight and we'll call it even, huh?"

Justin may or may not note that the car is driving itself at this point!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Temple] (Earl of Purple's Temple)

2 years have passed since the incident at King's Blood Field. Serph has changed over time. His raven black hair was now even darker. Dark tattoos now covers his face. Under his Black longcoat rests a sword on his hip. Black knee-high boots step lightly on the ground. Scanning the surroundings with blood red eyes he adjusts his dark coatsleeves and the pins on his collar. On the left is a silver sword pin and on the right a golden dragon pin.

The sight before him was new. A temple yet he knew not what god resided in it. He knew that it housed weapons though. It had been two years since the empire thought him K.I.A. but now he set out to do the empire's will once more. The mission was simple, yet the simple ones were never easy, gather as many weapons as possible for war. Before stealing though it would be best to know a bit more about the temple. Entering the temple he looks for a person who may know the area. A person in uniform perhaps?
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #1044

Alyca and Miriah's car - Justin's more of a marked card

Miriah said that last sentence like that for a reason. Justin figures that out easily enough. She cares a lot about her sister. He already knew that... Dating girls? (I'm fairly certain Justin has met a homosexual person before, but I can't for the life of me recall where. I recall him not overreacting, so I'll stick with that.) That's something awfully serious to drop on somebody you don't really know, but maybe that's the point. He doesn't say anything but from his expression she can tell he understands she's being very serious.

"Sure, I'll dance with you." That's it? He was expecting something a bit more serious, but if she wants to subject the top of her feet to the bottom of Justin's, he's fine with that. Granted this could be a more convoluted plan of punishment, but right now it's all roses. "But umm, you should really have your hands on the steering wheel. Unless the car is sentient." He's met a talking cab before. Never paid him for the ride.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Kribulkin Street

"We don't necessarily want her dead; we want her to at least fool the kobolds into thinking she's responsible." But Ekkehard will dump the body a short distance away and go back to begin work on blocking the only exit from the house.
    Kribulkin Street

Zefir nods for now and helps Ekkehard to block the only way out. His eyes slide to the body from time to time, just to be sure she won't wake up.
    Dalton does one last cursory inspection to his chemical cocktail. He kisses the bottle, before setting the contents on fire, after which point he immediately throws it between a pair of bricks. It crashes to the floor inside the kobold lair, and immediately starts throwing up a lot of smoke.

"Well it's been fun, goons, but I've got to go find seats for this thing. Tell Starling he's got one last bundle of lizard people to worry about, and maybe I'll catch you guys later."

The arsonist waves goodbye and gets the hell out of here before things get nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

"The high priestress was the first one in the Nexus. We work on his cildren and build them as he wishes."
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"I see. Pardon a bit of confusion, but is he your god or the machines' god and you just serve the machines?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Alyca and Miriah's car - Justin's more of a marked card

Miriah said that last sentence like that for a reason. Justin figures that out easily enough. She cares a lot about her sister. He already knew that... Dating girls? (I'm fairly certain Justin has met a homosexual person before, but I can't for the life of me recall where. I recall him not overreacting, so I'll stick with that.) That's something awfully serious to drop on somebody you don't really know, but maybe that's the point. He doesn't say anything but from his expression she can tell he understands she's being very serious.

"Sure, I'll dance with you." That's it? He was expecting something a bit more serious, but if she wants to subject the top of her feet to the bottom of Justin's, he's fine with that. Granted this could be a more convoluted plan of punishment, but right now it's all roses. "But umm, you should really have your hands on the steering wheel. Unless the car is sentient." He's met a talking cab before. Never paid him for the ride.
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Obligatory Car Chase Scene]

Justin ripped off a talking cab? Did it try to run him over in a serious case of road rage?

Hmm... Well, that test was inconclusive. Miriah'll have to take a more direct approach with him later when Alyca is out of earshot. Maybe at the party she can persuade one of the drunk guests to raise a commotion or something...

Back to texting for now!

"Great! Oh! Right. Steering. That's probably a good idea."

"Say Justin-"

She adjusts her rear view mirror, stealthy disengaging autopilot with her other hand as it returns to the wheel. Of course, what does she espy in her rear view mirror? Why, a sleek black enemy convertible, that's what! She's observed it around the city before. It must be following them!

And Justin is in the car. Shoot. How's she going to keep this on the down-low and lose the counter-agents?

That's a railroad track straight ahead. And the lights are blinking and the warning sirens are ringing.

This is gonna be fun!

Alyca swiftly shifts the car into high gear and floors the gas pedal, thinking on her toes!

"-I bet we can beat that train across those tracks in this hot rod!"

Miriah catches on and swats at an insect that isn't, secretly pressing the nitro-injection button with that sleight of hand!

Go, Speed Racer! Go!

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple of Dalachrech

This building resembles most of the other terraced houses on this road, consisting of three floors, a small front garden, a front door and four windows on every floor. However, unlike the other houses, the red front door has a knocker shaped like a two-tailed scorpion and also a sign post in the middle of the lawn. The sign is shaped as a two-tailed scorpion, and proudly states that this is the oldest Temple of Dalachrech in the Nexus, and home to the faithful in this city. The windows on the ground floor have been replaced with stained glass depictions of invertebrates, including a dragonfly, a centipede, a large beetle and a snail. The windows on the first and second storeys have been barred, and to those able to detect such all the windows are magically warded in various ways. It also has its own thread.

Kribulkin Street- Kobold, Kobold, Burning Bright

"Have fun. I'm off, to build an alibi. I suggest you'd do the same, but I think that's something you know already." The disguised demon will turn and walk off, content that he's murdered innocents and stained the souls of others with their deaths. Admittedly, the souls involved were already pretty stained, but by building up trust with the supremacists he furthers his master's aims and also gets closer to staining the soul of Emily, who's young enough to hopefully be rather untarnished.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #1049

Alyca and Miriah's Car - Trainspotting

He needed a car for a chase sequence it spun out, there was a shoot out with a gangster cyclops, and it all ended in deadtime. The Nexus sure is strange.

"What." is all Justin can say as Alyca suggests the stunt.

"What?" Justin asks as they begin zooming towards the rail crossing. He sees the train chugging along and moving with enough momentum to smash them into bits. With how fast they were going it was probably way to late to slow down. It sucks having high Science sometimes, takes all the hope out of some situations. "What are you doing? What are you doing? What are you doing?"

As the Aston Martin is injected with nitrogen, he begins to sink into his chair. Actually with the increase in speed they might just make it. "Go! Go! Go!" If they slow down they're screwed. He's going super mad when this is over, but right now survival is paramount.

So this is how he's going to die. Funny, he always thought it'd be unceremonious and sudden, but he can actually see it coming. There'd be enough time to pray if he were religious. But instead he settles on covering his ears, closing his eyes, and just letting it happen.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Car - Playing Chicken With Trains!]

Covering his ears and closing his eyes! Why, that's perfect, Justin! Absolutely positively perfect! Don't move! Don't you dare move! Alyca and Miriah couldn't have hoped for a more accommodating reaction! With his sensory organs offline, he probably won't be able to detect the heat-seeking missile Alyca just fired out of the back of the car! And he'll probably write off the resultant explosion as a fabrication of his own mind if he survives! When he survives, more like! He might feel the car jumping over the train instead of zooming in front of the train! Alyca and Miriah are smart like that!

And Miriah's waiting with baited breath to see just how afraid Justin is/was with her cell phone at the ready to snap a series of pictures of the terrified Justin as the car is launched into the air, sprouts metal wings, and transforms into a flying car.

Alyca is laughing in the most carefree manner imaginable, as if there never was any real danger to be had. That'd be the adrenaline kicking in!

"I lied! I lied and this is payback for everything, not dancing!"