New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

A Perfectly Innocent Park

With a perfectly innocent pixie inside it. Some time after the odd events of Halloween night, Mintbalm has returned herself to as normal a state as she possibly could physically, leaving out the changes that she didn't know were made to her by Vriveka's silk outfit of mostly beneficial transmogrifications, and now she's collected all the articles of clothing and is wandering around aimlessly, hoping to find the grig so she can return them and report what she's figured out. Maybe a bit of gloating, but not much since she pretty much came out even this time.

She's got a garment bag slung over one shoulder, which is probably where she's keeping all the silk clothes for the time being.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1052

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Playing Chicken With Trains!]

Covering his ears and closing his eyes! Why, that's perfect, Justin! Absolutely positively perfect! Don't move! Don't you dare move! Alyca and Miriah couldn't have hoped for a more accommodating reaction! With his sensory organs offline, he probably won't be able to detect the heat-seeking missile Alyca just fired out of the back of the car! And he'll probably write off the resultant explosion as a fabrication of his own mind if he survives! When he survives, more like! He might feel the car jumping over the train instead of zooming in front of the train! Alyca and Miriah are smart like that!

And Miriah's waiting with baited breath to see just how afraid Justin is/was with her cell phone at the ready to snap a series of pictures of the terrified Justin as the car is launched into the air, sprouts metal wings, and transforms into a flying car.

Alyca is laughing in the most carefree manner imaginable, as if there never was any real danger to be had. That'd be the adrenaline kicking in!

"I lied! I lied and this is payback for everything, not dancing!"
    Alyca and Miriah's Car - Die Another Day

Explosion? That was the train hitting the car, killing him and the girls. At least it was painless. Jumping? No, that's Justin's soul ascending to heaven, it's actually pretty comforting to he's going to- wait. Falling. Come on! He didn't steal that much! What about all the people he saved? Doesn't that count.

When the car touches down and he hears Miriah laugh, he's able to convince himself he's not dead, which is a good thing. Now he gets to be super mad.

"Lied? Lied?!" he yells indignatly. "You can't lie a train. If this is payback, it's way out of line, and I don't believe that for a second. You better have real reason for that or else you can stop the car now!" Seems the spy shenanigans went to far. To him, it just seemed like she did something stupid and crazy dangerous, so if she wants to keep this date going, she'll have to think fast.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Mintbalm!"

Huh. That voice is familiar, if a bit louder and deeper than usual. Mintbalm will probably see Vriveka... as to whether she can recognize the grig is up in the air. Seeing as right now, Vriveka is bipedal. And a half blue dragon.

"You would never guess what happened to me!" she says before tripping over her own feet and embedding her nasal horn into the dirt.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Mintbalm grins, "I think you mean I could guess, but I'd probably never get it right. What'd you do this time lizardbreath?" She snarks, sitting down on a park bench and waiting for Vriveka to right herself so they can talk properly. She lays the garment bag out on her lap for safe keeping.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Car - Wipe His Memory!]

With a neuralyzer! It's the only answer to marrying Alyca's love life with her professional life!

A distressed Alyca sighs dolorously as her smile falls faster than Stage 1 of a spaceship. There go her high hopes for the night! She peeks back at Miriah, who nods to her, giving her the go ahead to feed Justin cover #1. Alyca bites her lip.

"Fine. I'll come clean. Did you see that car back there that was tailing us after we pulled out of MagDonalds? It had been following Miriah and I all over the city for the past week or so. We'd bump into it here and there. At first we thought nothing of it. That was before that threatening note was mailed to us at the office... Ever since, we've been packing heat."

Alyca digs through her purse and produces an unloaded Walther PPK which she attempts to clumsily hand to Justin.

"But from the sound of it, those punks won't be bothering us anymore."

Miriah chuckles, not even close to being shaken by the event. She's transitioned over to playing a game on her phone to waste time.

"I didn't want anyone to worry about it because everyone has done so much for us already and I didn't think it was that serious..."

Aw! Alyca is sad. She dejectedly stares down at the steering wheel in front of her.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop the car now. I don't think you should hang around with us if these guys are crazy enough to ram themselves into the side of a train while trying to coerce us into surrendering information to them."

"... I'm so stupid, Justin, but my occupation is all I have!"

Alyca cries, slumping against the steering wheel and triggering a prolonged, solemn beep of the horn. Good thing she engaged the fancy car's autopilot, eh?

"I'm not smart or strong or pretty or anything! I'm a loser and without my job there's no reason for me to live!"

That's a half-truth. Without her job, she'd have no power, but it isn't the only facet of her life that helps motivate her to hop out of bed and greet the new day in the morning!

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vriveka pulls herself up onto the bench.

"So, there was this crazy woman, Libra, and she had electric powers, and she interrupts me in the middle of a nap and says I should- wait, this is annoying."

COUGH COUGH

"There we go. Anyway, this girl has all the personal skills of a particularly rude rock, and she commands me to help her like I should care. She give me some threat about making my life horrid, and I think it's safe to say that she's got the power power but not the brain power. Anyway, she apparently used to be this oni thing, and wants me to kill or deal with whoever got her power now... and apparently you're connected somehow?" She shrugs. "I figure if you're associated with it you can probably tell me what's going on, instead of a stream of half-baked hypocrisies."

7. - Top - End - #1057

Mintbalm's mood crashes in a heartbeat. Great, Libra again.

"Ugh. Libra's just a whole bunch of bad news all wrapped up in one big evil package. Or maybe not evil but she doesn't really understand any kind of restraint whatsoever, so it's close enough when she isn't getting her way. She had that guy we all messed with during that party, Kirk, lure me out so she could talk to me and she offered me wish granting powers. I took them and had fun with that for a while, but then the next time I met her, she was a ghost and trying to kill this other woman who apparently had her powers now, since she'd died. I wished her into a new, human body and stopped her from killing the new woman, then gave her the powers she gave me back, since both her and another person wanted to use me to kill people with it, and I flipped out. I put a bunch of restraints on it so she couldn't use what she gave me to do too much harm, and that's the last I ever wanted to hear about her. You said she has electricity powers now somehow? Blech." Mintbalm puts her chin on her left hand, resting her elbow on her other palm as she mopes.

"Haven't seen anyone involved in all that since it happened, and you can tell Libra that if you see her again. She's just going to want to kill Hannah again, and I don't want to be a part of that, so I stayed away from all that nastiness for as long as I could." Well that's rather somber of the normally upbeat pixie. Forcing a smile, Mintbalm picks up the garment bag and tries to put it in Vriveka's hands or on the grig's lap, "I did figure out your silk suit's weak point though."

As she says this, the garment bag should promptly dissolve and put Vriveka into contact with the clothes, which should cause all of fragile pixie magic that was keeping them from realizing they were off of someone's body to fail. This should result in all of the putting on, taking off, and taking off unsuccessfully effects built in to each piece of clothing to activate all at once on the person touching them, namely Vriveka.

Mintbalm wisely scoots down the bench just as the bag dissolves to prevent some incidental contact from happening.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"I see. Pardon a bit of confusion, but is he your god or the machines' god and you just serve the machines?"

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man needs a few moments to think about a right answer. If he makes a mistake he might damage the reputaion of Deus Mechanicus, which he doesn't want.

"Deus Mechanicus is our god. As most god's his power is bound to the things he represents. We know that the machines are his children he gave us. In exchange we worship him and treat his children like humans, but still we use them for there tasks. I hope that will help you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Dalton does one last cursory inspection to his chemical cocktail. He kisses the bottle, before setting the contents on fire, after which point he immediately throws it between a pair of bricks. It crashes to the floor inside the kobold lair, and immediately starts throwing up a lot of smoke.

"Well it's been fun, goons, but I've got to go find seats for this thing. Tell Starling he's got one last bundle of lizard people to worry about, and maybe I'll catch you guys later."

The arsonist waves goodbye and gets the hell out of here before things get nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Kribulkin Street- Kobold, Kobold, Burning Bright

"Have fun. I'm off, to build an alibi. I suggest you'd do the same, but I think that's something you know already." The disguised demon will turn and walk off, content that he's murdered innocents and stained the souls of others with their deaths. Admittedly, the souls involved were already pretty stained, but by building up trust with the supremacists he furthers his master's aims and also gets closer to staining the soul of Emily, who's young enough to hopefully be rather untarnished.

Kribulkin Street- Kobold, Kobold, Burning Bright

I can't say Zefir really has a stained soul. The death he caused iin the past never went against innocent. And after all these Kobolds wheren't innocent in Zefir's point of view.

"Yeah. It wasn't really fun."
    he mumbels as he heads off as wel into another direction as the others.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

"No mommy!" he says in a certain voice.

Then he goes over to the barrel while thinking how to describe it.

"It's a feeling near your stormatch. If you hav worked hard and it feels like something is missing there."

After all he isn't that kid guy, but he wonders how the new born knows about the mommy.
    [Dave's Free Clinic]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

"Hungry. Yes. I'm hungry, daddy."

The little red dragon attempts to crawl up to Zefir and curl up against his feet! Because feet are warm and daddy is nice! And if that succeeds, it'll roll over onto its back and look up at daddy with its big, soft eyes. It is clearly fascinated by him. It wonders if, when it grows up, it will really look like that?

[Abandoned-Looking Factory]((You missed the other post of me, but it's no problem that way))

Well I don't think that will happen unless we find a mage to... who do I lie to Zefir would kill that mage before he can cast any spell against the little dragon.

After all Zefir pulls off the barrel with, while the dragon is on his back. It's good that he is so small right now otherwise he would have a real problem. He takes out a good amount of the food, placing it on the lib.

"Here. That's food."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-11-25 at 04:08 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #1059

[Alyca and Miriah's Car - Wipe His Memory!]

With a neuralyzer! It's the only answer to marrying Alyca's love life with her professional life!

A distressed Alyca sighs dolorously as her smile falls faster than Stage 1 of a spaceship. There go her high hopes for the night! She peeks back at Miriah, who nods to her, giving her the go ahead to feed Justin cover #1. Alyca bites her lip.

"Fine. I'll come clean. Did you see that car back there that was tailing us after we pulled out of MagDonalds? It had been following Miriah and I all over the city for the past week or so. We'd bump into it here and there. At first we thought nothing of it. That was before that threatening note was mailed to us at the office... Ever since, we've been packing heat."

Alyca digs through her purse and produces an unloaded Walther PPK which she attempts to clumsily hand to Justin.

"But from the sound of it, those punks won't be bothering us anymore."

Miriah chuckles, not even close to being shaken by the event. She's transitioned over to playing a game on her phone to waste time.

"I didn't want anyone to worry about it because everyone has done so much for us already and I didn't think it was that serious..."

Aw! Alyca is sad. She dejectedly stares down at the steering wheel in front of her.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop the car now. I don't think you should hang around with us if these guys are crazy enough to ram themselves into the side of a train while trying to coerce us into surrendering information to them."

"... I'm so stupid, Justin, but my occupation is all I have!"

Alyca cries, slumping against the steering wheel and triggering a prolonged, solemn beep of the horn. Good thing she engaged the fancy car's autopilot, eh?

"I'm not smart or strong or pretty or anything! I'm a loser and without my job there's no reason for me to live!"

That's a half-truth. Without her job, she'd have no power, but it isn't the only facet of her life that helps motivate her to hop out of bed and greet the new day in the morning!
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Better liars than previously expected...]

So much so that Justin falls for it hook, line, and sinker. Could never resist a pretty crying face, could you Justin?

"No, no, no. Alyca, I'm sorry. I had no idea this was happening." He says to console the girl. "If someone is ever threatening you, you can always tell me or the GLoG folks. I could have helped you with this, and next time I will, I swear." He tries to grab her soldiers and sit her up off of the horn. "You are smart and strong. You survived something I don't think I could live through and you got this important job maybe a few months after escaping. I've been fumbling around the Nexus for about a year now, so you're way smarter than me. Also, you are pretty. Really pretty." He leaves the attempted hand on her far shoulder, in a sort of hug.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #1060

A Few Steps from the Gate

Hmm... The Wizard doesn't say anything immediately, simply walking along in silence for a while as he puts together his next thought. It's strange. I cannot recall when, where or how I arrived here. That's a thought that worries him, the thought of simply having walked blindly through the worlds. This time it might not have turned out so badly. But what if it were to happen again?

No, he would definitely be looking into keeping better track of himself. Just one more item on the list of questions to be answered. Well, thank you for putting up with all my questions. I'm afraid I barely understand anything here.

Cave of Being

Snapping out of his trance, the Wizard turns to Mrs. Bloodplunder. He doesn't seem evil... Mostly sad. The chains are another matter. As is that. He nods towards the sword.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-11-25 at 03:12 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Hank's Hookahs

"They look good together. Sounds nice, to be able to get away from the craziness of this city for awhile."

Calvin doesn't really have any thoughts on inter-species relationships. Besides the fact that they were probably lucky to be able to have a kid together.

"Yes. I don't leave the city much, except to see them. But the stars out there... it's beautiful."
    Charity says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Orc in the Playground

Cave of Being

"If the sword is evil and he is not, then perhaps he's a captured innocent used to bait cultists and demonologists and such that might want to free a demon into keeping the demon bound." Kind of like what the Wizard and Mrs. Bloodplunder are up to.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh my word flailing and electricity and happy gas and bugs and all sorts of crazy things! Suffice to say that Vriveka winds up back on the ground.

"Man, I forgot about that completely."

14. - Top - End - #1064

Mintbalm breaks out into laughter. That was exactly the kind of reversal she needed to cheer herself up after learning that Libra's back on the prowl again. She manages to stifle her guffaws long enough to explain though, "Mm, I had to brute force the bugs away the usual way since I didn't want to deal with them, and I ended up doing some maintenance with the hair stuff, but I figured out a way around it all in the end. I stepped through a portal to the Land Between really quick and moved without my clothes after convincing all the triggers that they were still on me. When it touched you, my little enchantment broke, and all the different clothes realized they'd been removed. You weren't kidding about being rusty with the traps department." She teases lightly. It's not often she gets to see Vriveka hoisted like this, and with all the effects triggering at once she looks quite silly indeed for the moment.

15. - Top - End - #1065

[Just In Sight Of The Willow Tree]

"Questions are fine. Better than me just spouting off." Nephea said as she replaced her amulet. "Though, from what I know, it's kind of a hit and miss thing of remembering how you got here. Depends on the circumstances and all but I think it helps if you're just wandering around lost in thought. At least, that's the theory that I've got." she said as the bounce slowly returned to her step, having vanished when he asked his question about memory.

"Well, that's the tree there" she soon said, pointing at a rather impressively wide willow tree; it's drooping branches casting an equally impressive, if not somewhat spidery, shadow. "Now just to make sure, you've got everything you need? It's kind of a one-way trip at this hour and the way back doesn't appear till late in the afternoon."

16. - Top - End - #1066

Red Zone - Kirlia and Yuki
    Kirlia will lead Yuki to the Red Zone of Inside, the most slum-y place in Inside!
    She considered that demons would probably try to influence here, tricking the people who have little into doing things for the things they want.
    She lands.
    "Well...here we are."

---

Cave of Being
    Gabriel is still waiting for his freedom...
    It's all he can really do at this point.
    "What are you waiting for? Free me already!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nice. I think I'll give this to someone else, to see how well they do." Vriveka then pulls herself back up onto the bench. "Anything else? I don't have much to do right now, not until the electric sociopath comes back and acts entitled. Fyi, electric immunity might be a good investment right now."

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Red Zone

Dropping down beside Kirlia, Yuki glances around. "This is certainly an... interesting place you've brought me to."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Mintbalm sighs, sad that it's come to this, "Right, guess that's to be expected. I guess I could ask for that shirt back, since it's got the regeneration thing on it, but that comes with its own troubles. I'll think of something though, thanks for the advice." The pixie leans back on the bench, putting her hands behind her head, "Anything else going on, or something you want to talk about? Stuff's been pretty crazy lately on my end. Got turned into a grig mentally, spent most of the night moping until it got fixed. Don't really know how you handle it to be honest."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I don't mope."

...Well, that's straightforward.

"And speaking of things that I can't figure out how you do it: bipedal locomotion, how does it work?"

21. - Top - End - #1071

"You so totally mope. Whenever you're all 'Oh woe is me, the struggling artiste with no inspiration, my lack of muse has felled my stillbeating heart and so I must die alone and unloved.' that's moping." Mintbalm jokes, putting a hand to her head and swooning dramatically.

"Bipedal walking's pretty easy if you've grown up with it, and pixies can't fly all the time so we pretty much had to learn how to use our legs as more than rudders. Basically, it's like if you were constantly falling forward by using the leg you extend to overbalance yourself and then landing on it, and doing the whole thing over again until you feel like stopping. There's also pushing off with the leg that's still on the ground if you want to go faster and all that fun stuff."

She gives Vriveka a funny look, "Hey, knowing what you can do, why not just give yourself the genetic memory for two-leg locomotion along with everything else? Faceplanting can't be all that pleasant, and whatever you're trying to figure out by being two-legged would probably go smoother if you could get past the "moving" part."

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes, as I said, I don't mope. I skip straight to irrational decisions and childish tantrums... Genetic what?"

Oh. It's not just being stubborn and doing it the hard way. Here I was thinking that she was just being proud, refusing to admit that she can't learn it easily.

23. - Top - End - #1073

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Yes, as I said, I don't mope. I skip straight to irrational decisions and childish tantrums... Genetic what?"

Oh. It's not just being stubborn and doing it the hard way. Here I was thinking that she was just being proud, refusing to admit that she can't learn it easily.

"Well, you can change things to be genetically other things, otherwise they wouldn't have the traits of those things, like electricity immunity. And since genetics covers some mental stuff too, and covers balance, you could probably affect how you perceive walking and fix your balance so that it comes naturally to you." Seems simple enough to her.

24. - Top - End - #1074

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kribulkin Street

Latalla stirs and finally wakes up. She springs to her feet and looks around.

They lit it on fire without me! How rude!

She grumps at the burning building. Why did she even go along with this in the first place? Right. Because she hated the Smurfs 3D movie.

WHAT ARE SMURFS EVEN DOING IN NEW YORK CITY?!!! NOBODY CAN ANSWER THAT!!!

She glowers at the burning building. Well. If they are going to punch her in the face and take all the fun, she is going to ruin their plan right back at them!

That makes the most sense of anything I have ever thought!

She cycles through her weapons until she winds up at the giant ceramic jug once more. She aims it at the building and pulls the huge cork from the end.

Burn this.

Torrents of water come gushing from the end of the jug, powerful enough to punch through the hastily bricked up opening and flood the building with water. Provided nothing stops this from dousing the flames, it should have the building put out (if slightly waterlogged) in no time.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Mintbalm, do you know the kind of delicacy I can accomplish with the brain? I can't. I tried. I had a whole phase for it... man, in retrospect it was a good thing that I didn't do that the forest. I wonder if they ever figured out that the... probably not.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Mintbalm shrugs, "So? Balance is an ear thing, so fiddle with that instead, or make your center of gravity really low so you won't be so topheavy. Geeze, what's up with you? Inventive solutions are pretty much the only things separating us from plain, ordinary fey. Without that, what do we have?"

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's not the ears, it's the legs. I don't know how the legs are supposed to cooperate with the..."

...a slow smile creeps across Vriveka's face.

"Saay, I have an idea..."

28. - Top - End - #1078

"Well this should be good. And I'm telling you, it's to do with the ears. When your sense of balance is thrown off, it's because stuff in your ears is sloshing around. Fix it so that doesn't happen and you should have perfect balance." Despite the obvious misgivings anyone who knows "Psycho" would have about one of her ideas, Mintbalm waits around to hear it. This should be worth a laugh or three anyway.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, you know so much about it, and how to walk and jump and do all that fun stuff. How about I ride with you for a while? I can see what I'm missing, and you have little things like my self-preservation instinct and me owing you a favor to help you out. And oh, yes, this would count as owing you a favor."

...does she really just want to hang around inside Mintbalm's body and study how she walks? Is that really worth her, "do not flee for me for I will only find it good sport" smile?

30. - Top - End - #1080

"Two conditions, which you can or cannot count as part of the 'favor' as you please. One, you tell me anything I might have missed about the clothes' effects. If I missed it, it was either really well hidden or won't really effect me any, but curiosity has the better of me. Two, if you make any changes to me while you're in me, I get full disclosure as they happen or beforehand. I know you too well to not expect stuff happening, and I'm fine with that so long as I know what's happening and I can decide for myself if I want to keep it."