New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Red Zone - Demon Huntin'
    "We were wondering if you could answer a few questions for us?"
    Kirlia has some burning questions to ask about demons!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #1112

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Might Not Live to See Another Day in the Red Zone

Oh, right. Bit distracted by that whole 'not a serial killer' thing. Withdrawing the offered hand, Wrath signals for silence as he goes to stealthily peer around the corner. Just in time to see the thug flex that fancy new armblade too. Yeah. This whole 'holy vigilante' gig? Suddenly not sounding too hot. But... **** it. Too late to back out now.

Turning back to Kailee, he nods, holding up a finger to indicate that there's indeed someone waiting out there. Ashely has gone unnoticed, it would seem. Unsheathing the machete, Wrath takes a deep breath, says a silent prayer and lunges around the blind corner screaming bloody murder as he charges the crook.

His goal is simple; disable, preferably without killing. Normally a complete lack of actual training would make that pretty darn near impossible. But funny thing is, for all he blatantly doesn't know how to use a sword, Wrath is somehow pretty adept at it, his clumsy downward hack miraculously aimed dead-on at the thug's swordarm, just below the shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [There's a reason they call it the Red Zone]

With the pitter patter of the rain, it's likely hard for our bounty hunter to hear Ashley creeping up behind him. She goes unnoticed as he pads down the alleyway, taking care to step around spilt garbage and refuse.

Kailee, meanwhile, shrieks for Wrath to wait, hoping to see what they're up against before he charges off into battle. But it's too late. WoJ's down the alleyway, water exploding off the ground 'round his feet. The bounty hunter walks forward to meet him, and is surprised to find a well-timed strike coming his way. He sidesteps, for if he hadn't done so, the hunter was liable to lose a limb.

Legs quick and light, Mr. Hunter regains his balance, and aims to open a cut on Wrath's leg while stepping around him in one smooth motion. His sword becomes an arc of shimmering steel, and his feet dance over the slick asphalt.
    Ashley sighs a little when some guy rushes as the apparent bounty hunter out of nowhere. She'd hoped to keep any violence from happening, but apparently that would be a no-go. So instead of rushing in to fight as well, she tries to sneak past the fight by climbing on one of the walls to talk to the woman in the alley.

3. - Top - End - #1113

Kribulkin Street

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Kribulkin Street

Latalla stirs and finally wakes up. She springs to her feet and looks around.

They lit it on fire without me! How rude!

She grumps at the burning building. Why did she even go along with this in the first place? Right. Because she hated the Smurfs 3D movie.

WHAT ARE SMURFS EVEN DOING IN NEW YORK CITY?!!! NOBODY CAN ANSWER THAT!!!

She glowers at the burning building. Well. If they are going to punch her in the face and take all the fun, she is going to ruin their plan right back at them!

That makes the most sense of anything I have ever thought!

She cycles through her weapons until she winds up at the giant ceramic jug once more. She aims it at the building and pulls the huge cork from the end.

Burn this.

Torrents of water come gushing from the end of the jug, powerful enough to punch through the hastily bricked up opening and flood the building with water. Provided nothing stops this from dousing the flames, it should have the building put out (if slightly waterlogged) in no time.

"I'd really rather you not do that, miss."

Oh look, Dalton's back. Seems his view to the scheduled inferno happened to come with a great spot from which to see Latalla trying to ruin everything. It took some effort rushing all the way back down here to confront her, and the young man is a little winded from all that dashing about, but I don't think that's likely to make much of a difference here.

"I know you paid me and the other guys were complete bastards to you and all; you've got a right to be mad and whatnot, but that's my fire you're screwing with, my incandescent inamorata. Please stop doing that."

A pistol is held aloft, centered over where Latalla's heart probably would be, if she were to have such mundane and pedestrian internal anatomy. Dalton's finger applies increasing pressure on the trigger, already racing ahead on its way to put a bullet in the reality-shifter, with only the vague feeling that he ought to give the woman a chance to stop all on her own preventing him from decorating her torso with a flurry of deadly tracer rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Yes. I don't leave the city much, except to see them. But the stars out there... it's beautiful."
    Charity says.
    Calvin is about to respond but his cell phone starts to ring in his pocket. Pulling it out of his pocket he quickly checks who is calling.

"Sorry about this, I need to take this."

He flips open his phone putting it to his ear listening to whoever is on the other end. The call is pretty short and Calvin doesn't have much to say besides the occasional yeah or ok.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Hank's Hookahs

Charity waits while he talks. Probably his uncle. Probably trying to control his life.

Probably nothing she could do about it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1116

Morphy Park

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
    8|BR|BN|BB|BQ|BK|BB|BN|BR
    7|BP|BP|BP||BP|BP|BP|BP
    6||||BP||||
    5||||||||
    4||||WP|WP|||
    3||||||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR|WN|WB|WQ|WK|WB|WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4

Why should I? Tobias is curious as to what he gains by helping this random person.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Morphy Park

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
    8|BR|BN|BB|BQ|BK|BB|BN|BR
    7|BP|BP|BP||BP|BP|BP|
    6||||BP|||BP|
    5||||||||
    4||||WP|WP|||
    3||||||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR|WN|WB|WQ|WK|WB|WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4

Why should I? Tobias is curious as to what he gains by helping this random person.

Thalia frowns. I...please! I don't want to die...Um...I"ll help you! I'll....anything! He's a bad man...I'll do anything!

Spoiler
    Show
    G6

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Well that's... great advice. I will never forget that," Gelley swears to him. "Did you call the cops already? It might be time to go. We're probly gonna get blamed for this, if TV's taught me anything."
    Aegis Vaults

"You have nothing to fear from honest reporters, fellow justice bringer." All the same, disappearing before the cops show up is the best part. Doctor Decibel heads for the exit. "Until the next time the sound of righteousness is needed!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man nod's friendly. He just wanted to excuse the less number.

"Nothing that I'm aware on. May i know your name, sir? And could you tell me the meaning of your amulett?"

Counterquestions, not that he worry about anything, but he needs at least a name to tell the others about him, if he leaves.
    "My name is Saul, head priest of Terenti. This is the symbol of my God." Saul explains, moving the amulet a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kribulkin Street

Rats! No, wait. Kobolts. They seem to be fleeing their building now that a hole has been punched through it and it was on fire.

Shoot! No, not yet!

Latalla stops pumping water into the building and turns to face Dalton.

So, we meet again. I always knew it would come down to just the two of us. I knew it since the day we met, so many years ago. Of course, you never knew the truth about our pasts and how they intermingled, did you? Never knew.... that we are brothers!

Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!

Wait. No you aren't. *baps* Stop that!

Okay, not brother. And I guess we haven't met. But how dramatic would this be, right? Anyways, lets fight!

Dramatic music fills the air and the camera swoops around the two, capturing them in sweeping shots before settling so that the stand facing each other with the smouldering building behind them as an epic setpiece.

Latalla's jug of water seems to have disappeared and she holds her hand out to draw her weapon now that actual combat has started and she can't just take 20 to get the one she wants.

Her weapon cycles through the options: sword, mace, machine gun, bag with a toaster in it, banana cream pie, folded chair, etc, etc, etc... It finally slows until she is holding a giant laser cannon with autosights and overburn functionality, capable of dealing over 54d100s of damage per round, fired as a free action, and then the weapon ticks once more and she is holding an ax. Not a shining battle ax. No, the kind you use for chopping wood. Also, her shirt is now red plaid flannel.

Sometimes I wonder if that gun is even on the list or just there as a tease. Whatever. Apparently I'm a lumberjack and that's okay.

She goes to take a step towards Dalton but stops.

Wait, what is your speed? Because this ax gives me a penalty on my initiative, so I think you might get to go first this time.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Firbolg in the Playground

Red Zone- Demon Huntin'

Yuki takes a step back to stand next to Kirlia, and waits for the person on the inside's response. He glances absentmindedly at the small silver ring that he had slipped on shortly before their arrival.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Perfectly Innocent Park

Huh. Some spider that was sapient before she was grig'd? Weird... hey, does she know any other grigs? She's got to be properly introduced to grigdom! Or at least being a fairy. Man, how would that even work? How could someone become a grig without fairy energy?

Know what, if you see Sporedark let me know. It'd probably be better if I wasn't her 'welcome to fairydom!' person. I tend to... you know, be me.

You know, Sporedark isn't too good at that either. You're going to have to do it, Minty! Have fun. Whenever you decide to do it instead of whatever it is that you usually do.

That's fine, I already told her most of what she needs to know, and I'm pretty sure she works with a few grigs or something like that. She doesn't have any idea how to use whatever grig talent she got stuck with, but that'll come with time. Anyway, apart from walking is there anything in particular you wanted me to do? I didn't think much past "find you and turn your clothing trap against you" so if we're going to be hanging out we should come up with something to keep us both occupied before one of us gets too bored. Either one of them being bored and in the presence of the other is a bad thing for everyone within a few blocks.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1122

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    At the Willow Tree

Yes, I think I have everything... Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, the Wizard ticks off each object on his mental checklist, before nodding in agreement with himself. Yes. I am as ready as I shall be. I, ah, I assume that this tree is in some way meant to move us through space and time? He asks, looking over the tree with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

A fine old tree indeed, but he sees no portal or gate through which to travel... So then, a more complex method? The focus for a specific ritual, or, something altogether stranger? I must admit, this has me somewhat nervous. Did... whatever makes this tree special, come about by your doing? Or is it some property innate within the tree?
    "It's innate.. Kinda sorta, at least." the catamander said, scratching at her chin as she began circling around the old willow. "Really.. 'S cause it casts a large shadow. Especially in the morning where they're all slanty because of the sun's position. 'S why we can't come back till the afternoon at least. Slanting in the wrong direction. I mean, it wouldn't make much difference for short jumps as it would be just be any connecting points but for the large ones you need to do all this complex stuff so you can go to where you're wanting."

Reaching into her bag, Nephea produced something that appeared to be a small chunk of solid grey stone with a fuse sticking out of it, all within a small clay bowl. "Right. I think we're good now.." she muttered as she put the bowl on the side of the tree that was basking in the sun before beconing the Wizard to follow her to the shady side. "Erm.. Last thing. Got a light?" she asked, pointing at the fuse.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

That hadn't even occurred to me... happily, I still need to sleep sometimes (don't ask why, I'm not really sure) so you won't have to deal with me all the time. Just most of it...

You know what, I'm going to work on picking apart the stuff I know about half-dragons. Would you be against being a bit extra blue for a bit? and scaly? And able to breathe lightning? You just do whatever it is you do.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Walking Away from a Park

Against? Maybe a bit. I just got over how weird it was to have a blue scaly chest for a few weeks. Besides, it'd kind of defeat the purpose of you figuring out how walking works if I had to adjust for a wings and tail and weird feet. It wouldn't be any easier for me than for you with all those changes. She replies reasonably as she walks out of the park and down a random street. Nowhere to go but onwards.

And hey, what's with all these assumptions that I do things? You'd think that you of all people would know me better than that. I've got no plans, no fixed ideas for what to do, nothing.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #1125

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Kribulkin Street

She goes to take a step towards Dalton but stops.

Wait, what is your speed? Because this ax gives me a penalty on my initiative, so I think you might get to go first this time.
    "My speed stat?"

Dalton peers at the building, which already seems to no longer have any chance whatsoever of being incinerated as according to the arsonist's original plans. Crap, they're all getting away! An afternoon that seemed to have so much potential is ruined! Some really good and expensive explosive material went into that fire, too!

"Why, just high enough to do this!"

Dalton immediately turns around, and tries to run away. Screw this bull****. He's not about to fight some crazy reality-bending girl for nothing! The fire's ruined, and there's no changing that now, so he might as well just try to minimize his losses and save the bullet for when he's going to really need it.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-11-27 at 11:22 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Pixie in the Playground

[Abandoned-Looking Factory]((You missed the other post of me, but it's no problem that way))

Well I don't think that will happen unless we find a mage to... who do I lie to Zefir would kill that mage before he can cast any spell against the little dragon.

After all Zefir pulls off the barrel with, while the dragon is on his back. It's good that he is so small right now otherwise he would have a real problem. He takes out a good amount of the food, placing it on the lib.

"Here. That's food."
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

((>.< Derp! Sorry!))

The baby red dragon unsteadily crawls over to the food and curiously pokes at it with one of its paws. It doesn't actually quite know what to do with the meat and stares at in confusion for a good minute before sniffing at it. Instinct soon takes control of the baby dragon and it begins nibbling on the slab of protein.

"You want food, daddy?"

It questions. This dragon is uncharacteristically more than willing to share its items with other creatures! Perhaps greed isn't genetically coded into this breed of dragon?

Also, would you like the dragon to be male or female? It won't change all that much, but it is something that might matter in the distant future.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Better liars than previously expected...]

So much so that Justin falls for it hook, line, and sinker. Could never resist a pretty crying face, could you Justin?

"No, no, no. Alyca, I'm sorry. I had no idea this was happening." He says to console the girl. "If someone is ever threatening you, you can always tell me or the GLoG folks. I could have helped you with this, and next time I will, I swear." He tries to grab her soldiers and sit her up off of the horn. "You are smart and strong. You survived something I don't think I could live through and you got this important job maybe a few months after escaping. I've been fumbling around the Nexus for about a year now, so you're way smarter than me. Also, you are pretty. Really pretty." He leaves the attempted hand on her far shoulder, in a sort of hug.
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Flattery Will Get Justin Everything]

It will!

Telling Alyca that she is pretty does automatically improve her mood. While she doesn't stop crying, she won't resist being pulled off of the steering wheel. Quite the opposite, in fact! She'll attempt to position herself so that her head possibly ends up buried in Justin's shoulder as she attempts to hug him tightly and softly cry into the aforementioned shoulder. And she quits belittling herself under her breath too! But she does feel terrible for lying to Justin. If only she could be honest with him and cease with these charades, but at the same time, the less he knows the less harm that could possibly come to him if something did go awry!

"We've been seeing two psychiatrists once a week since we were freed, and while they're all in agreement that I'm beyond irredeemable, they've never picked up on any self-image problems with her."

"Maybe I'll schedule us in for an extra session this week..."

Miriah thinks to herself aloud, visually examining her sister with more than a hint of concern in her eyes, her cell phone carelessly discarded on the seat to her right.

17. - Top - End - #1127

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kribulkin Street

Latalla watches him run away and frowns.

Aaaaaaawwww.... That's no fun at all.... Oh well.

She shrugs and unequips her ax. Too bad. She was thinking she might get some good XP....

Hehe. XP looks like a MNEEEEEEEEH! face.

She looks back at the now mostly empty kobold house.

Oh well. At least I ran those stinking smurfs out of town once and for all.

She turns and proudly stalks off.

From a hole in the foundation of the house emerges several tiny blue creatures with white mushroom shaped hats. They watch Latalla skulk off and converse amongst themselves.

The Evil One came close to destroying us this time.

Indeed. If not for the betrayal of her compatrismurfs, all would have been lost.

What shall we do now?

We tell Elder Smurf. This is only a setback. The Smurfoning will happen and this world will be reduced to smurf and rubble.

Smurf and rubble.Smurf and rubble.

They turn and head back into the darkness, vanishing into the depths of the earth once more. From deep within their hive comes the faint echo of chanting and dark magics as eldrich forces are called upon to one day lay waste to the world above, preparing the way for the new dark masters of the land.

Smurf and rubble. Smurf and rubble.
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2012-11-28 at 12:50 AM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

18. - Top - End - #1128

At the Willow Tree

Of course. Picking up a twig from the ground, the Wizard lights it with a word and hands the improvised match to Nephea.

And there's not really much else to say. He's simply waiting and watching.

Shoulda Stayed Out of the Red Zone

Wrath overbalances as his strike meets thin air, the crook's blade slicing open the muscles and fatty tissue of his leg before he can right himself. Blood joins the rainwater pooling in the dips and depressions of the alleyway, the charge becoming a stumble that sends the vigilante crashing into a pile of garbage left at the mouth of the alley.

Not a very glorious start to his holy crusade. But at least it isn't an end to it- By another turn of good fortune the bounty-hunter's blade somehow missed the crucial Achilles tendon. He won't be matching his opponent's fancy footwork any time soon, but grabbing hold of a window ledge Wrath manages to pull himself back on his feet, favoring the uninjured leg heavily.

You- You sure this is worth your life? Still time to call this all off and leave. Fine words coming from someone who's quite visibly in pain just from standing.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Red Zone - Demon Huntin'
    "We were wondering if you could answer a few questions for us?"
    Kirlia has some burning questions to ask about demons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Red Zone- Demon Huntin'

Yuki takes a step back to stand next to Kirlia, and waits for the person on the inside's response. He glances absentmindedly at the small silver ring that he had slipped on shortly before their arrival.
    Red Zone - Demon Huntin'

The ring remains blank and smooth. If silver works as it's supposed to, there don't appear to be any of those kinds of demons nearby.

"Be quick about it." Comes the reply from the other side of the door.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "My name is Saul, head priest of Terenti. This is the symbol of my God." Saul explains, moving the amulet a bit.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man nods again. He knows that priests allways need a sign of their go. He is just a bit confused what a man like him wants and who Terenti is.

"May I assume your not here to worship Deus mechanicus, right? If so, would you tell me the reason of your visit? There maybe others who can help you more."

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

((>.< Derp! Sorry!))

The baby red dragon unsteadily crawls over to the food and curiously pokes at it with one of its paws. It doesn't actually quite know what to do with the meat and stares at in confusion for a good minute before sniffing at it. Instinct soon takes control of the baby dragon and it begins nibbling on the slab of protein.

"You want food, daddy?"

It questions. This dragon is uncharacteristically more than willing to share its items with other creatures! Perhaps greed isn't genetically coded into this breed of dragon?

Also, would you like the dragon to be male or female? It won't change all that much, but it is something that might matter in the distant future.

-------

If Zefir had any idea how to deal with a kid he would do it right now, but he has 0 experience. Next time he should ask for a outgrown one, much less unknown territory.

"No. That's all yours I'm not hungry." especially after the Clarissa room.

Since I can't say what will be better and Zefir is no Dragon doc I let you decide.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #1131

Red Zone - Demon Huntin'
    "Has there been any disappearances or has anyone been acting differently from the way they usually do?"
    Kirlia tries to detect the power level of the person behind the door! To see if it's higher than it should be for a regular person.

---

Dave's Clinic
    Dave sighed with relief.
    "See, was that so hard?"
    He proceeded to look over his children!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Red Zone- Demon Huntin']

"And have you heard or seen of any particularly strange events around here?" Yuki pipes up. He also glances around the vicinity, trying to detect any magical auras.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Maggy's Day Thanksmas Parade - All Over Blue Zone

In celebration of Magtok's birthday, the cyborg seems to have...wow! He's definitely gone all out this year! Styling this event after the RL Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, there are bands, performers, giant floats of various real and fictional characters...pretty much everything is out here! It's an amazing sight, but man, gods help you if you actually need to cross these streets today!

Look to the skies now!
    It seems to be right 'round that time of year again.
    Magtok's own birthday,
    It may be vain, but he's got a parade going on now!

For we need a little Thanksmas
    Right this very hour!
    Magbots wielding tubas,
    Floats higher than towers!
    Yes, we need a little Thanksmas
    Right this very minute!
    It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
    But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;

So turn on your TVs;
    Watch as the MagParade marches right on down your street!
    Don't try to bomb us;
    You can't see, but we've got guards all up in here now!

For I've grown a little leaner,
    Grown a little colder,
    Grown a little sadder,
    Grown a little older,
    And I need a little laughter
    A day of no more soldiers,
    Need a little Thanksmas now!

Right this very hour!
    Magbots playing trumpets,
    Floats the size of towers!
    Right this very minute.
    It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
    But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;

So turn on your TVs;
    Try not to miss the Starling float; it's hilarious!
    Don't try to bomb us;
    We may seem weak but we've got snipers up in the boughs.

For we need a little music,
    Need a little laughter,
    Need a little singing
    Ringing through the rafter,
    And we need a little snappy
    "Happy ever after,"

Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

"All right I will take care of it."

Calvin finishes his phone call and tucks his phone away. Instead of settling back into his seat he stands up.

"Sorry about that, but I do need to get going."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man nods again. He knows that priests allways need a sign of their go. He is just a bit confused what a man like him wants and who Terenti is.

"May I assume your not here to worship Deus mechanicus, right? If so, would you tell me the reason of your visit? There maybe others who can help you more."
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"No. I have no intention of worshiping anything other than Terenti. I am simply here to ask about your church and understand it. I believe you have sufficed in that regards, thank you." Saul says, giving the man a respectful bow. Seems Saul's about to leave unless the man has any more questions for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Parade

Warwick looks out of his window at the parade.

"Bah! Humbug!"

He slams the window. Damn Magtok.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to him, his eldest daughter Willow is using the parade as a fine excuse to conduct burglary in her supervillainess disguise of Salixtra.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1137

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Flattery Will Get Justin Everything]

It will!

Telling Alyca that she is pretty does automatically improve her mood. While she doesn't stop crying, she won't resist being pulled off of the steering wheel. Quite the opposite, in fact! She'll attempt to position herself so that her head possibly ends up buried in Justin's shoulder as she attempts to hug him tightly and softly cry into the aforementioned shoulder. And she quits belittling herself under her breath too! But she does feel terrible for lying to Justin. If only she could be honest with him and cease with these charades, but at the same time, the less he knows the less harm that could possibly come to him if something did go awry!

"We've been seeing two psychiatrists once a week since we were freed, and while they're all in agreement that I'm beyond irredeemable, they've never picked up on any self-image problems with her."

"Maybe I'll schedule us in for an extra session this week..."

Miriah thinks to herself aloud, visually examining her sister with more than a hint of concern in her eyes, her cell phone carelessly discarded on the seat to her right.
    [Alyca and Miriah's car - Cry Another- Wait... I already did that Bond movie.]

Justin lets Alyca hug him. He tries to hug back himself, and even starts a habitual gentle rocking.

"If your psychiatrists actually say that they should be canned," Justin says with conviction. "Irredeemable means you've done something wrong. You two haven't done a thing." Irony: Palpable. "That's nother case where you two are better than me."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Walking Away from a Park

Against? Maybe a bit. I just got over how weird it was to have a blue scaly chest for a few weeks. Besides, it'd kind of defeat the purpose of you figuring out how walking works if I had to adjust for a wings and tail and weird feet. It wouldn't be any easier for me than for you with all those changes. She replies reasonably as she walks out of the park and down a random street. Nowhere to go but onwards.

And hey, what's with all these assumptions that I do things? You'd think that you of all people would know me better than that. I've got no plans, no fixed ideas for what to do, nothing.
    "Not plans, no, but there has to be something you do to entertain yourself. I'm curious about what you do all day among the humans. Well, among the not-fairies."

Oooh. Psycho is just using a roundabout route to be nosy about Mintbalm's life.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Red Zone - Demon Huntin'
    "Has there been any disappearances or has anyone been acting differently from the way they usually do?"
    Kirlia tries to detect the power level of the person behind the door! To see if it's higher than it should be for a regular person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Red Zone- Demon Huntin']

"And have you heard or seen of any particularly strange events around here?" Yuki pipes up. He also glances around the vicinity, trying to detect any magical auras.
    Red Zone - Demon Huntin'

The person behind the door have a higher power level then your average person but more then that Kirlia can't detect as something seem to be blocking her signal.

Yuki on the other hand can detect that the door is enchanted, the magic probably blocking the Saiyans reading. "No." The persons starts and for a moment it seems the conversation is over. "But... what do you mean by strange? People disappear in the sewers every day. Have for a long time."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"That's the problem. We don't want anyone deciding to look into what we're doing here."
    Bauer says.
    [Institute of Humanist Studies]

"Well then..." Roberts glances upwards for a moment, "The warehouse above, it's in use. So could we perhaps try and make an arrangement with the owner to have it cleared for about an hour or so? That should be plenty of time to get everything moved it."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.