New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[At the Willow Tree => ???]

Taking the makeshift match, Nephea stood back and lined up the flame with the fuse like a marksman drawing a bead on their target. Then, with a flick of a finger, the flame blossomed into a small but obscenely colorful burst as a small streak flew to strike the end of the wick. The rest of the flame was gone after that strange display but the catamander's expression was a mixture of urgency and.. That of a child playing tag?

With a quick motion, the alchemist reached out to try grab the Wizard's arm before pulling. Hard. For him, it might feel like falling forward only to have gravity momentarily reverse before he would find footing although the area would look much different than before. Rather, it would seem that the pair were standing on pearl white sands amidst a sea of black water while spirals and clouds drifted before a vast aurora; each glowing in vibrant hues that spanned the spectrum and beyond.

Though, if the Wizard managed to wrest himself away before being tugged, then he would just see Nephea simply 'fall' into the shadow of the tree and disappear.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Red Zone- Demon Huntin']

"Disappear every day?" Yuki frowns. Perhaps this demon business had been going on for a lot longer than they had first thought. "Could you elaborate further? Are there any patterns to these disappearances? And do they ever come back?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #1143

Red Zone - Demon Huntin'
    Kirlia's brow furrows.
    "Excuse me, but could you please step outside? It's rather hard to hear you behind that door."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Zone - Demon Huntin'

"No." The person replies to Kirlia's question. "I'd rather stay in the safety of my own home. As for the disappearances, I heard they are monsters dragging them into sewers and nothing ever comes back from there."

5. - Top - End - #1145

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Not plans, no, but there has to be something you do to entertain yourself. I'm curious about what you do all day among the humans. Well, among the not-fairies."

Oooh. Psycho is just using a roundabout route to be nosy about Mintbalm's life.
    I dunno, mostly I just relax and try to learn about stuff. It's really something when you're around people who don't spend nearly all their time hating you and breathing down your neck. There's also a lot of differences to catch up on if you want to live here full time and not look like a fool, so learning all of those takes up a lot of time.

Let's just go to the mall then. There'll be stuff to do there. Always is.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Red Zone- Demon Huntin']

Yuki chews absentmindedly on the bottom of his lip as he processes the information. He mutters softly to Kirlia, "...I don't think we're going to get anything else significant from this person... What do you think?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-28 at 09:12 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Headed toward the mall

That sounds good! I would like to see some of these little things. Is the whole people aren't out to get you because you're there thing, or is there some other good thing about this place out here?

8. - Top - End - #1148

Morphy Park

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
    8|BR|BN|BB|BQ|BK|BB|BN|BR
    7|BP|BP|BP||BP|BP||BP
    6||||BP|||BP|
    5||||||||
    4||||WP|WP|||
    3|||WN|||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ|WK|WB|WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3

All right, we can figure that out later.
    Tobias moves his knight to support his e4 pawn. Tell me what you know about this guy.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley sighs a little when some guy rushes as the apparent bounty hunter out of nowhere. She'd hoped to keep any violence from happening, but apparently that would be a no-go. So instead of rushing in to fight as well, she tries to sneak past the fight by climbing on one of the walls to talk to the woman in the alley.
    The slippery walls aren't too much of a challenge, for a capable woman. The bounty hunter's to busy to listen for such things. Ashley will find Kailee in the back of the alley, a bit scared to go help her rescuer, but altogether whole. She seems to sense that someone's there. Perhaps it's harder to fool something that's neither organic or wholly machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Shoulda Stayed Out of the Red Zone

Wrath overbalances as his strike meets thin air, the crook's blade slicing open the muscles and fatty tissue of his leg before he can right himself. Blood joins the rainwater pooling in the dips and depressions of the alleyway, the charge becoming a stumble that sends the vigilante crashing into a pile of garbage left at the mouth of the alley.

Not a very glorious start to his holy crusade. But at least it isn't an end to it- By another turn of good fortune the bounty-hunter's blade somehow missed the crucial Achilles tendon. He won't be matching his opponent's fancy footwork any time soon, but grabbing hold of a window ledge Wrath manages to pull himself back on his feet, favoring the uninjured leg heavily.

You- You sure this is worth your life? Still time to call this all off and leave. Fine words coming from someone who's quite visibly in pain just from standing.
    The hood surges forward, his whirling sword flying from hand to hand like a circus act. So quick. Perhaps he's frustrated that he didn't hamstring the poor young zealot right away.

His final whirl ends in an arcing slash, a disarm attempt. Mercy, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Aegis Vaults

"You have nothing to fear from honest reporters, fellow justice bringer." All the same, disappearing before the cops show up is the best part. Doctor Decibel heads for the exit. "Until the next time the sound of righteousness is needed!"
    "Uhm... you too!" Gelley shouts after him awkwardly, before running outside to look for Mathew. If she doesn't find him, a trip back to HALO (finally) is in order.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-29 at 03:51 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"No. I have no intention of worshiping anything other than Terenti. I am simply here to ask about your church and understand it. I believe you have sufficed in that regards, thank you." Saul says, giving the man a respectful bow. Seems Saul's about to leave unless the man has any more questions for him.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Could you maybe tell me a bit about Terenti? I never heared that name before."

The man does not stop him if he really leaves. His question is just to know what kind of relationship will be between the two deieties. At last one Zombie apocalypse is enougth.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Institute of Humanist Studies]

"Well then..." Roberts glances upwards for a moment, "The warehouse above, it's in use. So could we perhaps try and make an arrangement with the owner to have it cleared for about an hour or so? That should be plenty of time to get everything moved it."
    Professor Baeur thinks about it. "Well, the workers above have a holiday next Friday. You could do it then."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Hank's Hookahs]

"All right I will take care of it."

Calvin finishes his phone call and tucks his phone away. Instead of settling back into his seat he stands up.

"Sorry about that, but I do need to get going."

"I'll see you soon then. Take care of yourself, Calvin,"
    Charity says. She takes care of the bill, and heads out herself.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1152

Still in the Red Zone for Some Reason

Ashley climbs down after passing the fight that's going on, before heading over to Kailee. Without becoming visible, she mutters, "Hey. You okay? What's going on?"

13. - Top - End - #1153

"That would do, I suppose, though something quicker would be nicer. I can cover any costs involved in having the place cleared out, without issue, so I would like to at least try to talk to the owner if possible." Roberts is eager to get on with things!
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Morphy Park

7||BP|BP||BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||BP|||BP|
    5||||||||
    4||||WP|WP|||
    3|||WN|||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ|WK|WB|WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3

All right, we can figure that out later.
    Tobias moves his knight to support his e4 pawn. Tell me what you know about this guy.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Pawn-B6

She nods thankfully. She then frowns. He...well...he was once a scientist...Worked for someone called Marciano or something like it. I don't really know what happened, but he was once human. Now he's...not. And he calls himself Enshadu, he experiments on people....it's horrible...he turns them into cyborgs, or cyborgs into humans...He's trying to fix himself...or...something. That and he tests out a strange virus...I don't know much else. He makes weapons too...And he wants to kill you. All of the council members....almost all of them. Espescially Magtok and Ilpholin. I don't know why...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-11-29 at 01:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Headed toward the mall

That sounds good! I would like to see some of these little things. Is the whole people aren't out to get you because you're there thing, or is there some other good thing about this place out here?
    Near the Mall

People not wanting to mess with me on sight was the main thing, but the Nexus has so much more variety than the Land Between that it's hard to list all the stuff there is that's fresh and attractive about staying here. Popping in for a few moments every week to mess with people doesn't even compare." Mintbalm walks into the Mall's entrance as she thinks these last words at Vriveka, wondering what to go look at to prove her point.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere in Gray Zone]

There's a small creature here. Looking to be native to a more arid landscape, it looks like a mutated scorpion, though it's technically nothing of the sort.

It doesn't really know where it is right now, and is trying to get it's bearings. It looks around the street making littler bobbing motions as it looks this way and that. thankfully, there's no traffic at the moment.

One thing it does know, though, is that it's hungry.

If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

"That would do, I suppose, though something quicker would be nicer. I can cover any costs involved in having the place cleared out, without issue, so I would like to at least try to talk to the owner if possible." Roberts is eager to get on with things!
    "No. We don't do anything to make the owner any more suspicious than he already is." Bauer says. "So what are you going to do with that corpse?" she asks, pointing at the pink odd thing that Lost brought.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1158

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Somewhere in Gray Zone]

There's a small creature here. Looking to be native to a more arid landscape, it looks like a mutated scorpion, though it's technically nothing of the sort.

It doesn't really know where it is right now, and is trying to get it's bearings. It looks around the street making littler bobbing motions as it looks this way and that. thankfully, there's no traffic at the moment.

One thing it does know, though, is that it's hungry.

[Somewhere in Gray Zone]

This sounds like a task for Tovpir. The stone skorpion tries to reach closer to the familiar creature.

"Hey!" he says in a deep voice.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere in Gray Zone]

The devourer turns towards Tovpir with curiosity. What was this thing? it was all crystal, but it spoke like a big fuzzy thing. What was it?

Cautiously, it backs away, a bit intimidated by the larger creature. It makes a few clicking sounds with its mandibles, and Tovpir may get the feeling it doesn't actually have the ability to speak. It may not even have much greater intelligence than a dog, either, but that's not immediately apparent, is it?

20. - Top - End - #1160

"Preserve it for now, I suppose. I see no point in using inadequate equipment. Once my own equipment is installed, I'll get to work on it. For the time being, I shall assist you with your work, if you intend to keep going. Waiting and twiddling our thumbs for several days would not create the best impression if anyone important stopped by to check on our progress, after all."

Assuming Bauer does not object, Roberts will ensure the corpse is preserved and assist her as needed for the time being...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #1161

[Somewhere in Gray Zone]

Hmm well that's bad. Tovpir and his kind are to high evolved to understand the noise the other creature makes. And as allways he intimidates others, especially since he is a very big scorpion (6 feet high with his tail^^). But Tovpir noticed the creatures needs. He must try to make the other creature follow him.

With that goal he uses his claws and points at the newcomer, while his string points at himself. With the other claw he points down the street.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere in Gray Zone]

The devourer looks at Tovpir confusedly again. it doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the claw movements.

Instead, it simply runs away, ducking behind a dumpster in a nearby alleyway. No way the big scary crystal thing can get it back here!

23. - Top - End - #1163

[Somewhere in Gray Zone]

*sight* This task is harder than he thought, but maybe he can still do it. Tovpir tries to chase the new creature. He will try to lead him outside the city. That means if he wants him to go left he tries to gofrom the right side and so otherwise. Hopefully this will work.

((Just in case may you tell me your plans with that creature? I mean killing it is an option for Tovpir))

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

"Preserve it for now, I suppose. I see no point in using inadequate equipment. Once my own equipment is installed, I'll get to work on it. For the time being, I shall assist you with your work, if you intend to keep going. Waiting and twiddling our thumbs for several days would not create the best impression if anyone important stopped by to check on our progress, after all."

Assuming Bauer does not object, Roberts will ensure the corpse is preserved and assist her as needed for the time being...
    Work will be done, but feel free to time skip to the equipment installation.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1165

Morphy Park

7|BP||BP||BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||BP|||BP|
    5||WB||||||
    4||||WP|WP|||
    3|||WN|||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ|WK||WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+

Everyone's wanted to kill Magtok at some point in their lives. But we're on the Council together, so I'm kind of his ally. As for Ilpholin, this Enshadu guy sounds like a bigger menace. If you can tell me where to find him I'll put him in the ground. Tobias moves his kingside bishop out. Check.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Somewhere in Gray Zone]

*sight* This task is harder than he thought, but maybe he can still do it. Tovpir tries to chase the new creature. He will try to lead him outside the city. That means if he wants him to go left he tries to gofrom the right side and so otherwise. Hopefully this will work.

((Just in case may you tell me your plans with that creature? I mean killing it is an option for Tovpir))
    [Somewhere in Gray Zone]

((It's a new PC. You can try to kill it, though it's ungodly tough, so even Tovpir might have a hard time of it. I don't really have any plans yet beyond it being a semi-cute critter with a food focus))

Tovpir's herding seems to work, as when it gets close to the devourer, the devourer rushes away from it. As long as Tovpir stays basically behind it, he should be able to direct its movements, even to the city limits should that be his goal.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Morphy Park

8|BR|BN||BQ|BK|BB|BN|BR
    7|BP||BP|BB|BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||BP|||BP|
    5||WB||||||
    4||||WP|WP|||
    3|||WN|||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ|WK||WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+

Everyone's wanted to kill Magtok at some point in their lives. But we're on the Council together, so I'm kind of his ally. As for Ilpholin, this Enshadu guy sounds like a bigger menace. If you can tell me where to find him I'll put him in the ground. Tobias moves his kingside bishop out. Check.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. BB-D7

But....Enshadu more than most...he's obsessed. He....recently moved to some secret location. His new base of operations...He never told me where...Zane was to tell me...But then Enshadu cast me out...I never found out where. But he's attracted to machinery. A junkyard maybe. Something with a bunch of machines. The Enshadu Artificial Intelligence Program has taken over whoever he was...He doesn't even know anymore! It's scary...he's been building some kind of machine again, something he was working on in Marciano's employ. I wasn't allowed access...Bishops can move that way right? Is that a good move? I don't know much about chess...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-11-29 at 05:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1168

Morphy Park

8|BR|BN||BQ|BK|BB|BN|BR
    7|BP||BP|BB|BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||BP|||BP|
    5||||||||
    4|||WB|WP|WP|||
    3|||WN|||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ|WK||WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+ Bd7
    5.Bc4

That move's all right. Tobias moves his own bishop out of the way. I can't kill him if I can't find him. But what's this about an AI?

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Morphy Park

8|BR|BN||BQ|BK|BB|BN|BR
    7|BP||BP||BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||BP|||BP|
    5||||||||
    4|BB||WB|WP|WP|||
    3|||WN|||||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ|WK||WN|WR
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+ Bd7
    5.Bc4

That move's all right. Tobias moves his own bishop out of the way. I can't kill him if I can't find him. But what's this about an AI?
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. BB-A4

She frowns and moves her piece. Well...I was a lieutenant of Marciano's, and a friend of the late Professor Brant. To be perfectly honest...Brant and I were in a relationship. I was not at the tower the day it went under siege. Brant told me that Marciano had made him build an AI microchip, he wanted it to be massively intelligent. With the mind of a genius and the intelligence of a supercomputer. Brant built it for him...But...when the tower fell...something must have happened. The chip was gone, as was Brant and Marciano's body. A few weeks later I had no job...I was in a bad place...Enshadu contacted me...and I started working for him. The AI was called "Enshadu." I think "Enshadu" is actually someone else controlled by the AI.

30. - Top - End - #1170

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Somewhere in Gray Zone]

((It's a new PC. You can try to kill it, though it's ungodly tough, so even Tovpir might have a hard time of it. I don't really have any plans yet beyond it being a semi-cute critter with a food focus))

Tovpir's herding seems to work, as when it gets close to the devourer, the devourer rushes away from it. As long as Tovpir stays basically behind it, he should be able to direct its movements, even to the city limits should that be his goal.
    [Somewhere in Gray Zone]

Tovpir's main goal is to lead it to the Hunting grounds. It's the only place he knows where you can hunt really good meals. He remembers the horned person he got there.