New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Morphy Park

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
    8|WB|BN|||BK|BB|BR|
    7|BP||BP|BQ|BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||||BN|BP|
    5|||||WP|||
    4||||WP||||
    3|||WN|||WN||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ||WR|WK|
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+ Bd7
    5.Bc4 Ba4
    6.Nxa4 d5
    7.Bxd5 Nf6
    8.Bxa8
    9.Nf3 Rg8
    10.0-0 Qd6
    11.e5 Qd7
    12.Nc3

I asked you for a reason why I should keep you around. You couldn't give me one. Have you thought of what else you can do for me that's better than being bait? Tobias shrugs and moves his knight away. All things considered, I think my offer of protective custody is generous. You will be protected by some of my personal elite soldiers. You told me that he always knows where you are, so I can't hide you anywhere. And considering that you admitted to delivering bombs for this guy, I don't know why you would expect me to shed any tears if he kills you.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Justin Would Keep the Glass Slipper for Himself]

Just how far back does the memory eraser go exactly? Magdonald's but not the the car chase? Does he still have that promise to dance with Alyca?

"Huh? Nggh." Justin says groggily as he wakes up. He rubs his eyes and yawns, just before he whirls around and for three seconds gives Miriah a death glare that could pierce lead. It lasts just long enough to remember who the hell he's staring at. "Oh. Sorry. Oh crap, I fell asleep in the car. I'm sorry, gu- girls." Oh man, is that embarrassing! Why does he taste mint? That's not important, he was just rude again. "I won't look to groggy for the party will I?"

((I'm actually really pleased how well Shizuo matches Justin's description. A few years and they wouldn't look too different.))
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Justin, The Person You Don't Want As An Enemy]

Yep! Justin should remember MagDonalds and his promise but nothing after that!

"Gah!"

Miriah squeaks as she is startled and clumsily bumps her head on the roof of the car! By the time Justin relaxes, she looks like she's just about ready to hightail it to the other side of the city.

She totally had it coming, though.

Alyca childishly giggles at the pair!

"If you look groggy, Justin, you'll fit right in. Loads of business people show up at these parties only if they have to and they're always either bored-looking or drowsy-looking."

"I would've woken you up earlier but you looked so peaceful in your sleep."

3. - Top - End - #1203

[Alyca and Miriah's Car -

"Not from my end," Justin says. "I'd say won't eat junk food before bed anymore, but I don't eat anything else."

As Justin unbuckles his seatbelt, he remembers another dating rule. "Is it sexist to open the door for you?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

Okay then! The baby dragon would wish Zefir luck with finding someone who can distinguish between dragon genders if it was aware of what he's thinking. But it is not.

It finishes its meal, licking its chops as it crawls over to its blanket and curls up like the cuddly fire-breathing baby upon the snuggly thing.

"What do now?"

It yawns! Being born was an extremely exhausting experience for her!
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

Zefir only knows one person right now who could help him.

"You will have to sleep now. You just hatched and need some rest. I will be here when you awake."

With that he takes aaway the remaining egg pices to leave the blanket for the baby dragon. He will stay for some time to see that the baby dragon is asleep. Let's just hope it won't awake while he is going to care for some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"That's correct. This symbol represents him." Saul says. Not literally, of course. Always have to clarify that in the Nexus.

"If you wish, I can leave some of his holy texts here with you to read."
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

The man understands what it means is a symbol, not a picture.^^

"It would be a pleasure."

He turns to one of the robots standing in the front yard. The robot soon walks to the man and offers his hand to carry whatever Saul offers.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-12-02 at 07:33 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

Saul will hand the robot a few books. They're not quite as big as the one as his side, but they're complete works nonetheless.

"Is there anything else you wished from me?" Saul asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Morphy Park

8|WB|BN|||BK|BB|BR|
    7|||BP|BQ|BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||||BN|BP|
    5|BP||||WP|||
    4||||WP||||
    3|||WN|||WN||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ||WR|WK|
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+ Bd7
    5.Bc4 Ba4
    6.Nxa4 d5
    7.Bxd5 Nf6
    8.Bxa8
    9.Nf3 Rg8
    10.0-0 Qd6
    11.e5 Qd7
    12.Nc3

I asked you for a reason why I should keep you around. You couldn't give me one. Have you thought of what else you can do for me that's better than being bait? Tobias shrugs and moves his knight away. All things considered, I think my offer of protective custody is generous. You will be protected by some of my personal elite soldiers. You told me that he always knows where you are, so I can't hide you anywhere. And considering that you admitted to delivering bombs for this guy, I don't know why you would expect me to shed any tears if he kills you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. BP-A5

She clenches her fists. I'll give you a reason, because I know who he will target...who he wants to kill. I have a list. But you'd better keep me alive, personal elite soldiers?! What...tweedle-dum, and tweedle-dee?!

7. - Top - End - #1207

Morphy Park

8|WB|BN|||BK|BB|BR|
    7|||BP|BQ|BP|BP||BP
    6||BP||||WP|BP|
    5|BP|||||||
    4||||WP||||
    3|||WN|||WN||
    2|WP|WP|WP|||WP|WP|WP
    1|WR||WB|WQ||WR|WK|
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Algebraic Notation
    1.e4 d6
    2.d4 g6
    3.Nc3 b6
    4.Bb5+ Bd7
    5.Bc4 Ba4
    6.Nxa4 d5
    7.Bxd5 Nf6
    8.Bxa8
    9.Nf3 Rg8
    10.0-0 Qd6
    11.e5 Qd7
    12.Nc3 a5
    13.exf6

Tobias considers her for a few seconds. If she really does have a list of targets, he could use them as bait instead. So he should, at least, take certain measures to keep her alive. And if she's to trust his men's ability to protect her, he needs to tell her things he'd rather not be public knowledge. So the druid quietly mutters a spell, creating a glowing dome over the two, shielding them both and preventing any sort of eavesdropping. The elite commandos of a Godslayer are nothing to scoff at. It just so happens that I have a team of professional soldiers, real special operations type, on standby here in the Nexus. Give me the list and I will have the entire team take you to a safehouse and protect you until Enshadu is killed. He takes her knight and wryly smiles. Unless you would like to wager on the outcome of this game? If you can beat me, I will guard you personally. And I am one of the most powerful beings in the Nexus currently.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #1208

[Warwick Works]

A bus parks right outside the building - gray, nondescript, small, and with an undoubtedly equally-small passenger complement.

A young man, no older than twenty steps off the bus, a small forked tail poking out from under a trench coat. Two small demonic horns protrude from his head, and he wears a set of glasses that look well-maintained. Arthur smiles a little as he heads for the front door, thinking about how good it'd be to get back to his work. "Been a while. Good to be back."
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Warwick Works

Inside the workshop, Willow is examining the soul-jar she stole from one of Alizarin Viscose's caches when she hears the door. She quickly stuffs it to the back of her storage cupboard, and pulls out a different project. This one is full of microchips and wires and looks pretty complicated.

"Hi Arthur!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1210

Shoulda Stayed Out of the Red Zone

Voices? For an instant Wrath looks up towards the alley's blind corner, distracted as he realizes that the someone snuck around them in the scuffle, that the hood must have brought an accomplice.

Not a distraction he could afford. The sword's pommel cracks his skull and leaves it's outline branded there in searing pain, brilliant sparks of colorless light obscuring his vision. Blindly he grabs for the hood's arms, trying to pin them back against the slick asphalt.

And if that works, he'll go for the only attack he can think of- Bashing his forehead into the crook's, over and over, until the bounty-hunter shakes him off or one of them passes out.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Red Zone- Demon Huntin']

Yuki chews absentmindedly on the bottom of his lip as he processes the information. He mutters softly to Kirlia, "...I don't think we're going to get anything else significant from this person... What do you think?"
    Red Zone - It's Demon Season!
    Kirlia whispers back.
    "I think we should check out the sewers. And take out whatever's inside kidnapping people."

---

Dave's Clinic
    Roger opens his soot colored eyes for the first time.
    Oh gosh, something warm's enveloping me!
    I like warm things.

The demonic looking baby(yes, little horns, scaly red skin, and a fork tongue and tail), coos softly!

Amelia also opens her bright blue eyes!
    What the heck? What's around me?
    She looks up at her mother than across to her father.
    ?
    The little angelic baby(tiny wings, perfect skin, probably going to have blonde hair), just looks a bit confused!

Dave smiles and cannot get over how precious their children are.
    One can only know that Dave will be a very doting father.
    He sits down next to Clarissa and asks a very important question!
    "So...what shall we name them?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1212

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post

Yuki chews absentmindedly on the bottom of his lip as he processes the information. He mutters softly to Kirlia, "...I don't think we're going to get anything else significant from this person... What do you think?"

"So? Was there anything else?" The person behind the door asks.

Just a note, the player Chaotic Bob will control what they find down in the sewers.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Wed Zone- Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting wabbits demons demon-wabbits!]

"Hai." Yuki nods, then tuwns back to addwessing the doow (and the pewson behind it). "No, that will be all. Thank you for your time and cooperation."

Walking away fwom the doow, he glances around at the stweet, attempting to find eithew a sewew, a manhole, ow some othew sowt of sewew-y entwance way. "I would prefer not to going in the normal way. A sort of service entry would be best. Do you know of anything like that, Kirlia-san?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-02 at 06:15 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Red Zone - Gwarsh dwarn Demons!
    "Not that I know of. Though I suppose a place that regulates the sewers in Inside would have such a thing. Though I'd rather go in through a manhole." she said with a shrug, walking with him.
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #1215

[Darklight Street]

Remember that weird shadowy street populated by weird shadowy things?

Well!

It looks like one of Magtok's telewarp portals just opened up here and a bunch of garishly colored tiny talking horses piled out! This is hardly unusual for the Nexus, mind. Magical ponies are FAR from the weirdest thing to lurk around its essentially endless nooks and crannies.

One of those equines is, of course, Sigil Stripe.

And as soon as he comes tumbling out he's searching the surroundings for any signs of that nasty Star's work.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #1216

[Red Zone- Those dethpicable demons]

Shrugging, Yuki proceeds to search the street(s) for a manhole wide enough for them to fit through. "Manhole it is. Who goes in first? Do you have training in close-combat?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #1217

[Red Zone- Those dethpicable demons]

They will soon find a quite large manhole on a relatively desolated street in the middle of the red-zone. Question is, do they dare descend down there into the darkness?

18. - Top - End - #1218

Demon Huntin' - What's up, Demon?
    Kirlia blinks.
    "Er, yes. I do have training in close combat." she said, her silver knuckles quite shiny on her hand.
    She bends over and lifts up the manhole easily before leaping down into the dark hole!
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #1219

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Warwick Works

Inside the workshop, Willow is examining the soul-jar she stole from one of Alizarin Viscose's caches when she hears the door. She quickly stuffs it to the back of her storage cupboard, and pulls out a different project. This one is full of microchips and wires and looks pretty complicated.

"Hi Arthur!"
    Arthur smiles back at Willow, and waves a little nervously. He was happy to see his return was welcome, since he was expecting a worse reaction when he walked in the door. "Hey, Willow. How have things been since I left? World still turning, weekly apocalyptic events? Your dad still balding?" The last part may be an actual question, or it may be a joke at Warwick's expense, but either way it's not meant for his ears.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

20. - Top - End - #1220

[Red Zone- I tawt I taw a demon!]

Yuki sighs. "Sorry, I really should have seen that. Now-"

He stops as his companion is no longer there, having jumped down the hole. With another sigh and a slight laugh, he drops down the hole behind her.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Shoulda Stayed Out of the Red Zone

Voices? For an instant Wrath looks up towards the alley's blind corner, distracted as he realizes that the someone snuck around them in the scuffle, that the hood must have brought an accomplice.

Not a distraction he could afford. The sword's pommel cracks his skull and leaves it's outline branded there in searing pain, brilliant sparks of colorless light obscuring his vision. Blindly he grabs for the hood's arms, trying to pin them back against the slick asphalt.

And if that works, he'll go for the only attack he can think of- Bashing his forehead into the crook's, over and over, until the bounty-hunter shakes him off or one of them passes out.
    Provided Wrath is a strong young fellow, the bounty hunter will find his arms pinned. That hood falls back from his face, and reveals a bearded human with sharp hazel eyes. He grits his teeth as the head-banging begins, and it's clear that he's in quite a lot of pain.

In moments, the hood twists his arm free, trying to get it underneath Wrath and throw him off. If that's successful, the hood tries to stand instantly, but hits the ground again on his hands and knees. He props himself up, soaked through and bleeding from his forehead. "Hnnnnh..." He groans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Rainy Day in the Red Zone

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." The invisibility that shields Ashley shimmers away for a brief moment to reveal her presence. "I just don't want them to notice me."
    "The one said he would help. What's going on out there?" Kailee urges, flicking her eyes over this newcomer. That invisibility couldn't be technological in nature... magic, then. Real magic. She isn't sure whether to be impressed or terrified. "Is he alright?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1222

"Rainy Day in the Red Zone

"They're fighting. Looks like the guy with the machete is winning." Ashley keeps invisible as she glances at the scene. "What are you running from? I can help you."

23. - Top - End - #1223

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "Rainy Day in the Red Zone

"They're fighting. Looks like the guy with the machete is winning." Ashley keeps invisible as she glances at the scene. "What are you running from? I can help you."
    "Elexxion. The company. Haven't you seen the holo screens?" Kailee says, still suspicious of this mage from nowhere. Being magical didn't mean she was out've Elexxion's reach. "How can you help me?"

Hospital

Adir and Sakura likely show up here, hopping out've the stag's truck and heading inside to ask about their usual maternity doctor. Adir's player has unfortunately forgotten his name.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-12-02 at 11:31 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1224

Rainy Day in the Red Zone

"No, I don't pay much attention to technology things around here." Ashley's always trusted her magic more than much else. She thinks about how best to help Kailee. "I've got a place, it's not far. You could hide out there while we figure out how to get Elexxion off your back."

25. - Top - End - #1225

Horrible Day in the Red Zone

Wrath is shoved away, grunting as he twists the injured foot. A little of his vision has begun to swim back into focus now, the blurry shapes beginning to resolve themselves into legible silhouettes. As the bounty-hunter tries to rise Wrath summons what strength he can and kicks out with his good leg, trying to trip him or knock him back down or at the very least add one more injury out of sheer spite.

And whether it's the kick or the previous battering he gave him, it seems the bounty-hunter does indeed fall. Rolling onto his hands Wrath hurls himself forwards clumsily, trying to tackle the man again and this time get an arm around his neck from behind. If that succeeds then the machete's blade should shortly end up pressed against the bounty-hunter's throat, the threat clearly apparent despite Wrath's inability to form proper words at the moment.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-12-03 at 12:28 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Why, it's Dr Darkspear of course. It's a toll up of Adir has a better memory than his player. The doctor is memorable, though.

The receptionist greets them with a smile and sends them on their way after only a brief wait. They sure know how to make things move fast around here.

"Hello again. I hope everything's going well." The troll greets them as they arrive.

Sakura smiles broadly. "Yep, no problems at all."

"That's good to hear, Mrs Frescot. Sit down and get comfortable. We'll be ready in a minute." Sakura does just that and Dr Darkspear sets about preparing. "And how is the father doing?" He turns his attention to Adir for a moment.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-12-03 at 09:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Painful Day in the Red Zone

The bounty hunter is kicked, and he stumbles before falling. Despite the head injury, he's rapidly regaining his reflexes, and turns the fall around. He lands on his butt instead, and readies his sword before Wrath can make his tackle.

"Stop! Stop. Hold, fool," the hunter demands.

Meanwhile...

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," Kailee says. While it might be commonplace in the Nexus, Kailee's not used to random acts of charity. Especially one that's so sudden. Ashley doesn't even know her - she could be evil, for all Kailee knows.

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

I'm positive that Adir remembers. The stag's happy to get such swift service, and greets the tusked troll with a characteristic grin. He stands by, with his hands stuffed in his pockets, until Darkspear poses a question. "I'm excellent, doc. Couldn't be happier."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #1228

Terrible Day in the Red Zone

"Can't say I blame you. But how well do you know this city? It's not just Elexxion and random hunters you have to watch out for." Ashley isn't about to force Kailee to come with her, but she certainly doesn't want to just leave her out here alone.

29. - Top - End - #1229

[Institute of Humanist Studies]

Shortly before the time of equipment installation...

"I have to request that you all please leave while the installation is going on. It will get done much faster if there's less people around to get in the way."

Sounds like a reasonable request that Roberts is making. Right?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Warwick Works

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur smiles back at Willow, and waves a little nervously. He was happy to see his return was welcome, since he was expecting a worse reaction when he walked in the door. "Hey, Willow. How have things been since I left? World still turning, weekly apocalyptic events? Your dad still balding?" The last part may be an actual question, or it may be a joke at Warwick's expense, but either way it's not meant for his ears.

"Is my dad really what you want to talk about, Arthur?"
    Willow says, turning to face him with a saucy smile. Though she's not wearing one of the tank tops or short shorts she favours in the summertime, the cashmere sweater that she has on manages to hug all her curves. She doesn't have magical sex appeal to back her up, but she has all the natural skills needed to make boys her age go dizzy with desire.

Institute of Humanist Studies

Professor Bauer turns to the other employees. "Go on then. You get the rest of the day off, paid leave. Enjoy yourself." The other employees pack up and shuffle out, clearly cheerful. Even racist scum like to get a day off.

Bauer doesn't seem to consider the order as applying to her, as soon enough, she's the only one left.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs