New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Good good. And little Laela is doing well too I see." He gives the baby a smile. She just looks back at him with her thumb firmly planted in her mouth.

Soon enough Sakura is lying in the bed with her stomach uncovered. While the doctor is going about the final prep, Sakura says. "So what're you thinking, boy or girl?" Sakura asks Adir. As she does so, Dr Darkspear turns on the display and starts looking for a good view of the baby.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I dunno. I wouldn't mind a collection of little dryads," the stag says, even with all his jokes about being outnumbered. He tries to place his hand in Sakura's, where it belongs. "How about you?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura smiles up at him. She turns her hand over to entwine her fingers in his. "Having a boy would be interesting I think, but I definitely wouldn't mind another little girl." She says.

"Here we are." Dr Darkspear says. "Looks like you're having a bo-" He cuts off and adjust the angle, shifting a little bit. "Pardon me. Boys. Congratulations, you're having twins."

Sakura's eyes go wide and her head whips over to look at the display. "Twins?" That definitely caught her off guard.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Bugbear in the Playground

A Generally Awful, Horrible, No-Good Day in the Red Zone

Damn. Wrath halts, the blade barely an inch from running his shoulder through. Grabbing hold of the shipping pallets he was formerly seated on he manages to lever him up, glaring at the crook. Wh- why should I? He manages to mutter, words heavily slurred.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-12-03 at 12:58 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #1235

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Adir glances up, and his eyebrows threaten to shoot off the top of his head. "Oh." He grins, nice and wide, purely happy rather than amused. "Oh, honey, I think we'd better come up with another boy's name." The stag gives her hand a squeeze.

Not the Worst Day in the Red Zone, Probably

"What is wrong with you?" the hunter asks, touching a couple fingers to his forehead. He draws them back and wipes the blood off on the asphalt. "Do you even know what that thing is?"

----

Meanwhile, Kailee glances elsewhere, trying not to meet Ashley's gaze. "I'm not from around here. I don't know too much." She shakes her head. "But I don't know you, either."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-12-03 at 01:03 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1236

Not Even Close to the Worst Day in the Red Zone

I... I think I do.. But he's not so sure... It's beginning to occur to Wrath that he never thought to ask why Kailee was running, or from who, or why- He rushed ahead to quick to check if he was fighting for the right side. Go on.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Barbarian in the Playground

Relatively Alright Day in the Red Zone

"No, you don't. But I doubt you know the guy who said he would help, either," Ashley says. "I'm not saying you have to come with me, but you could probably use someone who knows the city and can get you supplies."

8. - Top - End - #1238

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Warwick Works

"Is my dad really what you want to talk about, Arthur?"
    Willow says, turning to face him with a saucy smile. Though she's not wearing one of the tank tops or short shorts she favours in the summertime, the cashmere sweater that she has on manages to hug all her curves. She doesn't have magical sex appeal to back her up, but she has all the natural skills needed to make boys her age go dizzy with desire.
    Arthur just raises an eyebrow and smirks a little. He's used to this kind of thing, if only on a genetic level. Having succubi ancestry tended to make it easy for one to maintain their composure in the face of a woman dressed to draw attention like that. His nerves forgotten immediately, he approaches her slowly, reaching out to Willow with one hand. "So, right to business?" Arthur tries to take his girlfriend by the hand and pull her a little closer. In his eyes, Willow can clearly see her intended goals have been accomplished. He's not quite dizzy, but she has his attention, to say the least. "It's good to see you again."
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura turns back to Adir, looking like she hasn't quite processed this yet. "Yeah." She returns his smile. "We'll need to double the baby shopping too. Wow, twins. That's a lot of babies." It's kind of daunting.

10. - Top - End - #1240

[Institute of Humanist Studies]

"You are aware that your presence is not required either, right?" Roberts asks, leaning on his cane.

"I'm going to have to explain how it all works to everyone once it's all installed anyway. If you're here now, I'm just going to have to explain it twice."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Warwick Works

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur just raises an eyebrow and smirks a little. He's used to this kind of thing, if only on a genetic level. Having succubi ancestry tended to make it easy for one to maintain their composure in the face of a woman dressed to draw attention like that. His nerves forgotten immediately, he approaches her slowly, reaching out to Willow with one hand. "So, right to business?" Arthur tries to take his girlfriend by the hand and pull her a little closer. In his eyes, Willow can clearly see her intended goals have been accomplished. He's not quite dizzy, but she has his attention, to say the least. "It's good to see you again."
    "You too," Willow says. Though it had been handy having him away while she did some work on her secret project. She didn't intend to tell Arthur about her plan to eliminate magic from the Nexus until it was complete. She holds his gaze, and gets a little dizzy herself. Damn his fiendish heritage - she'd forgotten just how easy it was to get lost in his eyes.

Institute of Humanist Studies

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

"You are aware that your presence is not required either, right?" Roberts asks, leaning on his cane.

"I'm going to have to explain how it all works to everyone once it's all installed anyway. If you're here now, I'm just going to have to explain it twice."

"You do not need to explain it to me as you install it. But I am responsible for this facility. I should be here."
    Professor Bauer says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1242

[Warwick Works]

Arthur just grins as he breaks away slowly, looking over Willow's shoulder. Sometimes teasing her like this was fun, and other times he did it out of habit, or even by mistake. He'd always chalked it up to just being in the genes. Sometimes his mom got like that with his father, or so he'd heard.

At any rate, he's genuinely interested in Willow's project...and if he suspected what she's been up to, he'd definitely show interest in her secret one. "So, whatcha working on, here?"

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

Warwick Works

Willow's 'mad scientist' face comes on, and she turns to her workbench. "Oooh, this? This is a perception filter, but so far, it only works sporadically. It's having trouble coping with so many different type of brain types in the city."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1244

[Warwick Works]

Arthur nods a little and circles around Willow to get a closer look at the machine, his own 'mad scientist' expression taking over his facial features.

"Perception filter? Interesting. Well, gotta answer a few questions before proceeding too far with any one project. What's it do? Why would people want this? I want you to sell me on the concept."

Arthur's always been a bit of a salesman. Exceptional charisma and time as a black market weapons dealer tends to do that. Selling the need for the device is just as important as selling the machine itself. Willow's probably seen him like this before, and he's usually at his best as an inventor when he's in this mindset.
    Last edited by blackouttwo; 2012-12-03 at 03:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

Warwick Works

Willow immediately follows his lead. "The perception filter is like creating an illusion, but instead of interacting with light and vision, it interacts with brain waves to make the object perceive something different than is actually there. The advantage of this sort of illusion is that the brain will fill in something that the object expects to be there, whether it's a coworker, a tree, an anonymous passer by, or so on. It's goal is not to make the user invisible, but to make her unnoticeable."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1246

[Warwick Works]

Arthur raises an eyebrow at that. "Her? You have a buyer in mind already?" In Arthur's opinion, the best way to find buyers was to put the device 'out in the open' (relatively speaking, since Arthur hadn't ever put up his illegal weapons on an auction block open to the general public) and then get people to bid on it. The 'I want it' mentality of most people would take over and net a higher price for any given machine than would normally be feasible. If Willow had found a buyer already, then in his mind, it's possible she's not getting what the device would be worth to some. "How much you getting for this? Or is this a special commission job?"

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

Warwick Works

"No, I wouldn't try to sell it until I have a working prototype. I got the idea from my neurobiology class at Omniharvard."
    Willow says. She started at Omniharvard after Magtok's Boot Camp suffered thread death.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Scavenger Hunt]

Mimi has to press the button a few times while she's thinking. Riddles are hard! So... some kind of building she's guessing? Glass covered fires are lights maybe? Sand mixed to stone, a mesa.

Riddles are hard.

She flies along, trying to think it through for a while. She flies long enough that she can see Inside. Hm, maybe it's there? That's where buildings are, right? The pixie flies over the city walls. It'd be worth a shot at least.
    [Above Inside]

Mimi flies over the lower buildings in her search. Why do all these places have to be so tall? how is she supposed to find anything? The pixie flies around for a bit, starting to feel like this is a hopeless venture.

That is until she hears a ringing... Singing mesa was what the riddle said, right? It was worth a shot to check out the source of the sound.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

Saul will hand the robot a few books. They're not quite as big as the one as his side, but they're complete works nonetheless.

"Is there anything else you wished from me?" Saul asks.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"No, sir. That's enougth."

The robot will head inside carry the books to one of the side buildings.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Have a pleasant day."
    Saul says, turning to go back to whence he came.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1251

"If you are going to insist on being here, then I am going to have to insist you wait outside the lab itself. In case you've forgotten, I said I could get this done in an hour. My workers are very fast, assuming there is nothing in the way. I am going to be waiting outside as well, I doubt it would be particularly safe for me to be down here."

Not even bothering to wait for an answer, Roberts heads out, positioning himself so he's well clear of the entrance to the lab.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Yeeeeeah, Bauer doesn't trust this one bit. He could be planning to install cameras or bombs or god knows what. "I'm sure they can take an hour and a half instead, and work around me," Professor Bauer says. She stays put.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1253

"They are quite literally incapable of working inefficiently. They will not work around you, they will work through you. You are quite welcome to inspect everything and have me take bits apart and put them back together afterwards if you honestly suspect me, but I can't make them work around you. So for goodness sake get up here."

Roberts is probably shouting this down at her, because he's not budging from his new position either.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

"That's ENOUGH! Doctor Roberts, call off your workers NOW!"
    Dr Bauer demands. She pulls a shotgun out from under a lab bench, and pushes a button that seals the door.

If he has anything else to say, he'll have to phone the lab, because she won't hear him if he just shouts.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1255

Roberts sighs and shakes his head. So unstable! He'd figured it'd only be a matter of time before she snapped.

And all he's trying to do is get things done quickly!

So...he phones the lab. Whether or not she answers or just leaves it and he has to leave a message, he says the same thing; "Doctor Bauer, be reasonable. Open up the lab and let me get on with my work or I'll be forced to escalate this. I have no desire to be arguing with you about this in the presence of our superiors, but I will if I have to."

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

Most people don't react calmly when told they're about to be killed.

"You just threatened my life, and have given me absolutely no explanation of what your workers are. If they have the ability to install delicate equipment without destroying the walls, doors, corpse freezers, and so on, then they can certainly manage to work around a single human. Which means that you simply don't want me to see them for some reason. Escalate if you must, but I assure you, Brian will insist on receiving full information." Bauer says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1257

"I did not threaten your life. I said you'd get in the way, and they wouldn't work around you. Odds are you'd get bumped about a few times before giving up and coming up here. Worst case scenario, you'd take a knock to the head, fall unconscious, and be left in a corner until they finished, at which point they'd go to the next highest priority task, which would be making sure your injuries are dealt with. I am not heartless. I'm simply trying to save a lot of time."

See? So unstable!

Admittedly, it's understandable how someone might misinterpret the phrase "work through you" as something more dangerous...

"As for why I've kept quiet about my workers, well, come out here and have a look. There's one standing just beside me. When you see what they are, I think you'll understand why I've kept quiet. You might trust your staff, but I have not known them for long enough to be sure about them, or even you, to be honest. My workers are valuable, who knows when an enterprising young scientist might start getting ideas?"

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

Bauer hangs up the phone. A few minutes later, the door opens and she steps outside. "Okay. Let's see, Roberts."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1259

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Warwick Works

"No, I wouldn't try to sell it until I have a working prototype. I got the idea from my neurobiology class at Omniharvard."
    Willow says. She started at Omniharvard after Magtok's Boot Camp suffered thread death.
    "But this is definitely something that most people would find shady. Might be laws against it." Arthur reaches out to inspect the device a bit more closely, trying to take it in his hands and bring it a little closer. "Reminds me of when I turned to weapons design. You got a talent, and there's not a lot of legitimate ways to use it." He sounds...'Disappointed, but understanding' is a good word for it. It'd take a careful observer to note that he's not just talking about Willow.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Red Zone - Sewers]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Red Zone- I tawt I taw a demon!]

Yuki sighs. "Sorry, I really should have seen that. Now-"

He stops as his companion is no longer there, having jumped down the hole. With another sigh and a slight laugh, he drops down the hole behind her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Demon Huntin' - What's up, Demon?
    Kirlia blinks.
    "Er, yes. I do have training in close combat." she said, her silver knuckles quite shiny on her hand.
    She bends over and lifts up the manhole easily before leaping down into the dark hole!

They drop into a dark hole.
    Which sounds like an absolutely terrible idea.

Who jumps into random holes, when they expect demons to be in them?
    Jeez, at least toss down a torch first.

Assuming they find some manner of not being completely blind in the dark sewers...they will note that everything is still black.
    The walls, the floor, the ceiling.

A black substance sits over whatever architecture used to make up this place, composed of many curving and jagged pieces interlocked into each other. It gives the appearance of being organic, yet seems almost mechanically immaculate in its form.

Very clearly designed and purposely constructed, despite appearing alive.

[Darklight Street]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Darklight Street]

Remember that weird shadowy street populated by weird shadowy things?

Well!

It looks like one of Magtok's telewarp portals just opened up here and a bunch of garishly colored tiny talking horses piled out! This is hardly unusual for the Nexus, mind. Magical ponies are FAR from the weirdest thing to lurk around its essentially endless nooks and crannies.

One of those equines is, of course, Sigil Stripe.

And as soon as he comes tumbling out he's searching the surroundings for any signs of that nasty Star's work.

And then there were more ponies Inside.

Assuming Sigil looks precisely for the last known position of the Star's taint, the array sealing in the slight hole in reality...
    Well, it will be very simple to tell that it's already been rewritten. Quite some time ago, as well.

Someone else (should be very clear who), has taken to modifying the sealing array, to allow passage through the micro-rift.

The others takes to peering around somewhat warily, after they sort themselves out.
    "Well, the sky doesn't seem to be breaking anymore. That's cool."
    "Certainly not the most...aesthetically pleasing of places, is this?"
    "...oh my goodness. That, that cat..."
    "Uh, that shadow is missin' a body."
    "Oooh, I think it wants to be our friend! It's coming right over!"

Indeed, the shadow of a large house cat does seem to be approaching the group.

Luna just frowns at it and glances off towards Sigil.
    "The sense of expectation is gone from this place. What was going to happen, happened."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit