New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Insane Challenge Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Food is for being eaten in time of need, not for being wasted in quasi-sports. It's really no point of pride.
    Exactly. This is why I'm currently eating a large pizza, because I really needed it. And frankly, the chef who made it should feel ashamed.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

The listing says Morph Bark was the last to post here but I can't see what he said. What did you say Morph?

EDIT: Oh well of course NOW I can see it.
    Last edited by Riverdance; 2012-10-10 at 10:15 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdance View Post
    The listing says Morph Bark was the last to post here but I can't see what he said. What did you say Morph?

EDIT: Oh well of course NOW I can see it.
    Sometimes the new page doesn't show up for a little bit, or until the second post.

May I inquire as to the purpose of Kaworu's post? Seems like it was just meant to be condescending and rude; the validity of the message was lost in the tone.
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, you always can. In short, it was meant to be true.

FACTS:
    - there are a lot of starving people. Not „only” in Africa or Latin America, but also nearby, in USA. Big amount of families have food only thanks to NGO and „food coupons”.
    - there is a guy who wants eat 2 kg tacco. Not because he is really hungry and eager to, but because it's kind of „sport” and there is a „price” in form of the hall of the „fame”.
    - therefore, it is a lacking of respect for starving ones and making „fun”, just wasting food (on the purpose!).
    - people around are endorsing the guy.
    - IF the guy would eat whole tacco, we can assume that the tacco would be immediatelly vomited.
    - IF the guy would die by eating the tacco, moral responsibility would be partially by the side of endorsing ones.
    - the guy didn't eat whole tacco, but half of it, so it's still „good”, „funny” and we should shout „attaboy!” according to your logical-axiology system.

I know that my last post and this post can be read as „condescending”, but I'm only telling the truth. Please, take a closer look at my first post. I wasn't nice and encouraging, but I wasn't rude and abusive too. I just expressed my point of view – and by the point, the situation is at least ridiculous.

IF I was meant to be rude, I would use vulgar language and, for example, call Silverraptor „stupid” (amongs others insults). Did I?

Ok, what I should say in your personal opinion? „Oh, so nice, I am really really really proud, but pleeeeeeeease, don't waste food next time, hm? Really, really, really nice please...”. Should I didn't tell about tastelessness of the contest and the topic, because of... emotions of Silverraptor? First, I wasn't offensive to his emotions, second, where in the logic is place for respect for poor ones?

Sorry, I am not proud, so I did not wrote that. I didn't wanted to be party pooper and stole the fun of the contest. I just said the truth. Also, I have found your reactions very inappropriate. I'm not the one who was meant to be rude, but I am afraid I am the only one who is keeping his autonomy of thoughts and do not participate in group, reflectionless joy.

And please Morph Bark, don't have fun cause I wrote „food ain't toy”, because food in fact ain't toy. It's also simply truth.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

I have finally acquired the picture of the Burrito before the challenge begun. Now imagine eating half of it in 15 minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    And please Morph Bark, don't have fun
    But that's rule number one of life!

Actually a sub-rule of number one, but still, it's all part of the purpose of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I have finally acquired the picture of the Burrito before the challenge begun. Now imagine eating half of it in 15 minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    O.O

Oh my...

Yeah, I think if I'd consume copious amounts of food I'd either stick to lasagna or take my time. Or both.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-10-11 at 07:31 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #67

Spoiler
    Show
    Man, I wish I were still young enough to eat like that. In my old age (eighteen) I have to watch what I eat a bit more and I have less appetite.
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Man, I wish I were still young enough to eat like that. In my old age (eighteen) I have to watch what I eat a bit more and I have less appetite.
    A cursory glance shows that you are in fact younger than the person who attempted the challenge.

Looks like a freaking great burrito though.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That burrito is glorious. I'm proud of you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    This is also the one I've always heard, and it's mainly to do with the fact that the stomach doesn't have a one gallon capacity; you can't really do it with other liquids either. There's nothing particularly special about the milk other than it being grosser when it inevitably comes back up.
    Other liquids can pass out of the stomach (caffeinated liquids go faster because caffeine is a diuretic, and some isotonic liquids will run straight through you). Milk, on the other hand, will curdle and solidify when it hits the stomach acid. You think you're just drinking a liquid but you're actually filling your stomach with a big block of cheese that isn't going to move out very quickly.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    A cursory glance shows that you are in fact younger than the person who attempted the challenge.

Looks like a freaking great burrito though.
    Yeah, I figured. I just feel "old" because I can't eat like I did a few years ago.
    Jude P.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Now I want to try it... Where do I get that huge a burrito again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

13. - Top - End - #73

Spoiler
    Show
    That looks like a quality burrito. I wish there was a :smallimpressed: smilie. It would be raising one (or maybe both) of its eyebrows and nodding with a grin.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground

I would have broke out the fork and knife and gone to TOWN on that bad boy! Not eating half in 15 minutes, (maybe, not sure how fast I eat) but scarfing it down bit by bit at a fairly rapid pace. Maybe just chop the whole thing up and ask for a serving spoon instead.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    Now I want to try it... Where do I get that huge a burrito again?
    It is a family owned restraunt in the San Diego area by the name of Carmens.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #76

Today I accidentally ate two or three pounds of fruit in an hour and gave myself a stomachache.
    Jude P.

17. - Top - End - #77

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Which is why people don't drink it in its pure form.
    Really, that's mostly because it's impossible to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Really, that's mostly because it's impossible to do so.
    Not so, they sell it. (Well, as close as it possible. You can't get ethanol purer than about 96%.) Unless by impossible you mean because of the flavour. Yick.
    Jude P.

19. - Top - End - #79

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Not so, they sell it. (Well, as close as it possible. You can't get ethanol purer than about 96%.) Unless by impossible you mean because of the flavour. Yick.
    I think you've just confirmed my statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I think you've just confirmed my statement.
    Clarified it, rather. But yes.
    Jude P.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

4 lbs. That isn't too bad. I ate a 40 oz steak in Wisconsin once, with ease. Though it helped that you get to cook it yourself. I think I could handle this thing. Got fam in SD, may have to give it a try.

Gallon of milk in an hour isn't bad either. Hell, I take two quarts of milk to work to have as a snack. Takes about 3 minutes to casually drink a whole quart (actually a little more, as I get about 3 1/2 thermos-fulls from a gallon). I think I could handle an hour.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Having seen this uber-burrito now, I think I could do that on a good night. Not just any day of the week, mind, but on a day where I didn't eat much the day before and had my hunger sit down on me a little harder than normal, like it sometimes does anyway. Half an hour would be cutting it kinda tight though.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Kudos to you, mate. I was really hyped the whole time I was reading this thread, and then I got to the picture of the burrito and I was simultaneously in love and almost ready to hurl at the thought of trying to put all of that in my body. -buhh- If I ever get back out to California though...
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I was thinking 4lbs of burrito was too much. Then I saw the picture. Now I'm just hungry.

My personal best is a half gallon of iced coffee in one sitting. That's without ice btw. I can't be more specific about the timing, because, well, I needed a half gallon of iced coffee at the time. I wasn't too concerned about timing it for future bragging rights.

I came pretty close to convincing one of my friends to do something similar. I told him about a thing we used to do in high school called "doing the dozen." You had to eat a dozen donuts in a limited time. Milk would have made it too easy, so you also had to wash them down with a 2 liter of Mountain Dew. Couldn't keep a straight face though, so he called my bluff.
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

25. - Top - End - #85

Only big eat contest I ever really did was "who can eat 50 wendys nuggets fastest?" The prize was a free meal, as the loser had to pay. The first person to eat all 50 won, the loser paid. If neither finished then you split the cost between you but the guy who ate the most won.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Only big eat contest I ever really did was "who can eat 50 wendys nuggets fastest?" The prize was a free meal, as the loser had to pay. The first person to eat all 50 won, the loser paid. If neither finished then you split the cost between you but the guy who ate the most won.
    That sounds less like a contest and more like a typical Friday night for the first year or so after you and your friends start getting jobs and can afford to do things like that but before you can start going to bars.

Speaking of, one time me and a few friends got hungry and couldn't decide what to grab for food. Our solution in the end? We went around to every fast food restraunt in town, buying one item off the menu each at each area. Not a competition, but definitely the sort of overindulging that warrants mentioning here.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

27. - Top - End - #87

PirateCaptain

If you have to explain the real intent of your words after you say them. One has to question the intent of the explanation as well.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

I once in my youth had 36 halves (that's what they were served in) of grilled cheese at a camp I was at. It wasn't competetive, I was just hungry. And it helped that they were tasty. Tomato soup was also involved.

I can't eat like I used to sadly. But I'm still obnoxiously slim.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I once in my youth had 36 halves (that's what they were served in) of grilled cheese at a camp I was at. It wasn't competetive, I was just hungry. And it helped that they were tasty. Tomato soup was also involved.

I can't eat like I used to sadly. But I'm still obnoxiously slim.
    I remember the competition between the guys at camp. Taco night was a big one. I remember eating a pound and a half of taco meat, and whatever went with that.
    Jude P.