Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 110
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Rand takes his time moving through the forest, trusting that someone with better vision will warn him if he's about to bump into anything deadly and wincing sympathetically at the sound of Nexus falling over...whatever it was. As the group gets close enough to the tower that being able to see enemies and move quickly might soon be important, Rand pauses for a moment and closes his eyes.

    He concentrates and presses his senses outwards until he can feel the trees surrounding him and sense his compatriots around and above him, a technique he developed after many years of working with soldiers possessing better-than-human vision and being annoyed at his inability to see everything they saw. Much better, he thinks to himself (not sending it through the link) as he starts moving again, his movements much more confident now that he can "see" where he's going.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rand spends 11 PP to manifest touchsight with a 90-foot radius. It will last for an hour and 50 minutes.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KingOfLaughter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Due to Reyas inability to carry Ziggs 'orange' Derek offers to take it for her, being able to carry his gear despite his appearance.

    During his flight he watches for anything deadly on the ground, and any suspicious movement at the tower.

    He dives close to the ground every now and then, listening to, and watching the sides and rear of the squad to see if anyone might be trying to creep up on them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot from the air.
    (1d20+21)[30]
    Spot for rear/flank
    (1d20+21)[40]
    Listen to rear/flank
    (1d20+21)[27]
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    You all manage to group up with little ease after the drop, forming up seamlessly and move out through the cover of the morning twilight, all warriors knew, twilight was the optimum hour to strike, as guards were the sleepiest and the sun is blinding to those facing the dawn.

    Suddenly, out of the morning mist a Soul splitting howl erupts from the canopy before you, it sounds like an immense wolf, but strangely enough is not followed up by any others. You know wolves hunt in packs, but lone wolves were not unknown off.

    ****

    Reya soars out towards the sky, and you quickly notice something strange, it catches your eyes and you can't put your thumb as to why:

    A black bird is soaring the skies, wheeling large lazy circles around the tower, whether or not it is staying around it on purpose or it has hit a nice thermal, you can't tell. One things for certain, it is not normal.

    ****

    Derek you fly as the wind, barely discernible to the clouds in the sky. Your sharp senses easily pick out several creatures. You see a large dominating figure leaning on a gigantic sword, the figure seems to be a gestalt human Tiger hybrid, wearing armor its black and white fur ripples in the wind and you can easily see how immense he is as he stands, and dwarfs, the main entrance to the tower.

    Knowledge Nature
    Spoiler
    Show

    DC 22
    The Man is a Weretiger in Hybrid form

    DC 27
    They are resistant to most damage but silver manages to hurt them normally.

    DC 32
    Their natural attacks can infect you with lycanthropy.


    ****

    Nexus, you easily move the forested area with ease, although your noise discipline leaves something to be desired.

    A shewolf suddenly appears from nowhere 40 or so feet from Nexus, sniffs at him, trying to find your sent, it is obvious she cannot see you, but is able to easily hear and smell you. Apparently content on that she bounds off, towards the tower.



    ****

    Ziggs, your movement through the shadows, is something akin to a ethereal Keen butter knife through hot butter, you seem to blend and blur with the moving shadows of the forest and then appear some where else. Your attention is not on the shewolf, but something flying around the tower, it seems a humanoid, is flying lazily around the base of the tower, seemingly watching for something. Intuitively, you realize the being is on post, searching for intruders to the newly acquired tower.

    Knowledge Arcana
    Spoiler
    Show

    DC 22
    The humanoid is flying faster than the affects of a fly spell

    DC 27
    Much faster

    DC 32
    You have heard of such an item that allows you to fly as fast as an angel


    ****

    Amelia and Rand, you both manage to move along quietly enough, but fail to see anything of importance, except the looming tower above you as you close in. You are about 500 ft from the tower. All lights from the tower are out, you don't see any form of light.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Lostbutseeking I didn't get a whole lot from you other than being on your phantom steed and seeing invisibility, so you stayed with Rand in the rear.
    If my inbox is full, send me an email.

    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Sir Cowabunga of Clubs and Servant to the Radical Throne

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KingOfLaughter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Upon seeing the Man-Tiger Derek stops moving.
    <<Everyone halt.>>

    He studies it for a second then focuses on it's gear.

    <<I've got a weird looking tiger man thing up hear guarding the door. Recommend you guys head back a bit, report in to the Marshall that we have unknown members at the tower, and I'll scout ahead.>>
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Ziggs, your movement through the shadows, is something akin to a ethereal Keen butter knife through hot butter, you seem to blend and blur with the moving shadows of the forest and then appear some where else. Your attention is not on the shewolf, but something flying around the tower, it seems a humanoid, is flying lazily around the base of the tower, seemingly watching for something. Intuitively, you realize the being is on post, searching for intruders to the newly acquired tower.

    Knowledge Arcana
    Spoiler
    Show

    DC 22
    The humanoid is flying faster than the affects of a fly spell

    DC 27
    Much faster

    DC 32
    You have heard of such an item that allows you to fly as fast as an angel


    Unlike Nexus, Ziggs was much more comfortable moving silently. But that wasn't the point. While Nexus seemed to attract some attention from a certain furry femme fatale, Ziggs decided to aim his prospects much higher. Higher than the trees or the tower, looking straight towards the heavens.

    Or at least close enough to it.

    Squinting his eyes, Ziggs focused on the aerial figure above. It seemed vaguely humanoid...but it was flying way too fast. Ziggs' eyes widened when he realized that it was flying much, much faster - it was like a angel from heaven, circling over the fort. The light came from behind him, only making it look more heavenly.

    <<Guys,>> he thought as he tried to move closer to get a better view. <<Is....is that an angel? I think there's an angel around the fort! Maybe it's here to collect the souls of the guards! They must have died. Ahh how beautiful it must be, to see an angel circling over the fort. He's watching guard so diligently, making sure no one can approach it without being seen by him.>>

    Ziggs sighed, admiring the beautiful view in the silver twilight. He only regretted that the "angel" was much too high up for his bombs. It was such a sad, sad opportunity.

    <<It's sad I can't even touch the angel from here. Not even if I threw one of my bombs as haaaard as I could! It must really want to make sure to see everything from that high up point. Doesn't look like it saw us yet.>>

    <<Although,>> he thought as he suddenly turned around. <<It's probably just some hostile running around with a magical item that emulates an angel's flight. Much faster and more maneuverable than the normal fly spell, and definitely indicative of strength too.>>


    <<But I like my angel idea better!>>

    Hearing about the were-tiger, Ziggs suddenly couldn't resist. <<Ooooh a tiger? I really wanna go check it out. Besides if I stay far away enough, they can't smell me anyway right?>>
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-10-16 at 11:04 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Rand suddenly regrets adding the insane pyromaniac to the telepathic link; not only was he talking to himself, Rand could swear that some of the voices were different. Oy. This is shaping up to be a long mission.

    The tone of Rand's mental voice shifts from "pre-mission briefing and pep talk" to "serious combat coordinator" and he starts sending rapid-fire messages. <Ziggs, cut the chatter, looks like we've hit a combat situation. Derek, good work, check it out and let me know what's what. Nexus, Reya, let me know if you run into anything or if you think you might have been spotted. If anyone can get anything on whatever sent up that howl a minute ago, do that--I'm guessing it's either a scout or the heavy artillery, and either way we need to know what it is.>

    Fleetingly, Rand wishes he could have included the Marshal in the mindlink to keep him up to date, but the trip here was too long for the mindlike to have lasted the whole time, and he wouldn't want the Marshal subjected to Ziggs's mental voice in any case. <Actually, Derek, negative on the report back to the Marshal right now, contacting him would take ten minutes and we might not have that kind of time. A flyer and a tiger-thing probably means they've got several scouts with good senses. You and Ziggs should wait to move in until we hear from Nexus and Reya; if they haven't been spotted we can take time to update the Marshal and get some battle enchantments, otherwise we'll need to move quickly and take out whatever discovered them.>
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KingOfLaughter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    On approval Derek shoots skyward, clearing the tree line and eyes the skies around the tower, picking out the airborne enemies. After spotting them he fires himself above the trees searching the ground and skies for any other hostiles.

    Spot
    (1d20+21)[22]

    During his flight he purposely keeps himself a safe distance from the other flyers. After nearing the tower, he fires himself up well above the others and observes the tower and it's area.

    <<If I can find a way in unnoticed, want me to take it?>>
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2012-10-17 at 02:33 AM.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    bindin garoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Nexus wasn't nearly as silent as he should of been. First, he stepped on a twig, which made a loud snap as he stepped down onto it. And then he managed to keep on stepping on piles of leaves. He cursed himself mentally for the actions. 'Perhaps I should of stayed back........' He thinks to himself.

    But he stops cold in his tracks when he runs into the she-wolf. They can't afford to be found out already. They weren't even to the castle yet! Quickly gathering his wits, he yells, if yelling was somehow possible with their connection, <<WE'VE BEEN FOUND OUT! A SHE-WOLF HAS SNIFFED ME OUT!>> He announces to the group. <<Permission to engage before she regroups with the rest? We have our orders, but they'll be on high alert if we don't take her out now!>> His fingers twitch while he peruses the wolf. He hated to have wait for a response, but there were a team after all. Well that, and he actually liked his team mates so far, which was more than he could say for anyone else he had worked with. Otherwise, he would of just gone ahead and attacked!
    homebrew

    Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum



    Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Rand pinches the bridge of his nose in irritation. Less than an hour in and this mission is possibly FUBARed already. I think that's a new personal best. He considers the options rapidly and decides that a quick, quiet takedown is their best option for survival and success with the mission. <Not your fault, Nexus. Permission to engage granted. Keep it as stealthy as possible. Ziggs, if you can see whatever that thing is, go help him; if you have anything that's not loud or flashy but very lethal, now's the time to use it. Derek, permission to infiltrate the tower granted, but make sure you stay out of sight of the flyers.> Well, the kalashtar muses, at least Nexus' discovery might serve as a distraction to get some of us into the tower.

    <Amelia, we might be needed there. I can't ride your mount, so I'll transport us.> Rand furrows his brow as he gives the order, and as soon as he's close enough to Amelia he grabs her hand and they both seem to twist inside-out and disappear, reappearing the same way much closer to their colleagues. He takes a few moments to look around and assess the situation, hoping to see Nexus nearby.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rand manifests psionic dimension door, going for a 400 foot straight-line shot aiming as close to Nexus' last known position as he can manage.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Reya

    << There's a bird in flight high above the tower. Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but with a man-tiger and wolf-woman about I think it might be another shapeshifter. I'll fly down to help Nexus deal with the wolf. I'm afraid I'm not very subtle though. >> With a quiet squawk Reya turns in the air and down towards Nexus, casting a ward over herself on the way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Spell Resistance and moving 60ft towards Nexus and the wolf, staying in the tree tops.


    Hawk Stats: AC 34, Fort +13, Reflex +14, Will +15.
    Spot +17, Darkvision 60ft
    Speed: 60ft (good)

    Current Effects: Wild Shape, Mass Conviction (X/110 minutes), Bless (X/11 minutes), Spell Resistance 23 (0/11 minutes)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-10-17 at 02:13 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Shaking her head side to side to attempt to clear the brief bout of dizziness Colonel Rand's dimension door induced while trying to understand Zigg's voices Amelia finally replies <<I can probably outfly that 'angel' of Ziggs, colonel if we need to. This one is first though!>>

    Her steed is already cantering towards Nexus and the retreating wolf by the time she is done with the second thought. One hand reaching for the sword hilt as the other frames a a sigil that glows before being vanishing. A moment more and the wolf is briefly outlined by a weak grey light.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mount moves up towards Nexus' target (240' base speed), Casting slow (DC 20) on the shewolf and drawing my sword.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    bindin garoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Nexus lets go a sigh of relief as permission is granted! Their first battle! Well, of course it was important too, but he can help but feel a rush in anticipation of the battle. But first, he has to stop that creature!

    Nexus seemingly punches through the material plan, into another dimension, and gives a great yank! Whatever the item was, however, clearly did not want to be pulled out, and it takes another yank from Nexus to free the item. What he pulls out isÖÖ.. Nothing! Or so it seems. A closer look at his shadow reveals as humongous sword of sorts. Shadows start to gather around him, swirling around where the blade should be.

    "Heed my call, Myth of the Shadow King." Nexus whispers, as he draws suddenly surges forward towards the she-wolf. After getting closer, he seemingly swings at thin air, but those close can hear the sound of something flying through the sir, straight at the she-wolf.

    Afterwards, the shadows seem to collapse upon themselves disappearing. But in their place remains a a heavy metallic shield, made up of black steel, and bearing a single spike in itís center. Nexus whispers yet again "Mother-Protector"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Drawing my greatsword with the Burst, Invisible, and Shockwave.
    Activating my Boots of Speed.


    Move 60ft closer to the she-wolf (I know you said she was within 40ft, but then she ran off, so I donít know how far away she is. I have a 20ft range with my melee weapon, if this isnít enough let me know and Iíll change my actions to using a longbow).

    Attack 1:(1d20+20)[31] Opponent is Flat-Footed versus this attack.
    Damage1:(2d6+9)[20] + (2d6+12)[22]SA damage + (4d6)[14] Burst damage = 56

    The she-wolf must make a Fort save (DC = damage dealt = 56) or be staggered for a round.

    Afterwards, the weapon disappears (due to the burst ability, can no longer use my greatsword in this encounter). I draw out my shield with the: Friendly shield, Forceful Blows, Spell-Bound Weapon.
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-10-19 at 10:28 AM.
    homebrew

    Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum



    Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    As you all move with military precision, Nexus sees the wolf take off, and seemingly with more speed than that of a normal wolf.

    Suddenly, Rand and Amelia appear somewhere behind Nexus, under the canopy of a tree, startling the birds who were still lounging among it's limbs.

    It's not hard for most of you to see the wolf now, and she seems to blur with motion, something is not right about the creature.

    Derek and Reya see something odd, the Man-Tiger seemed to stir into motion, lifting his head up as if listening to something, and so to did the flying man, there eyes start scanning the tree lines.

    Spoiler
    Show

    L = Wolf
    T = Tiger-Man
    W = Flying Angel


    You may take a standard action and then roll initiative with the groups highest bonus.

    If you had an action that was not taken into consideration, it's cause you didn't have enough time to do so.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-10-22 at 10:49 AM.
    If my inbox is full, send me an email.

    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Sir Cowabunga of Clubs and Servant to the Radical Throne

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Reya

    << I will delay the weretiger. Deal with the wolf quickly. >> Reya flaps her wings slowly to hover in place and squawks once. Sheets of lightning erupt over the weretiger, falling down like rain all around him and engulfing the area in a blinding display of electricity.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Flame Strike, subbing Electricity for Fire damage.

    Damage (14d6)[57] electricity damage, 5 Sonic damage (via Stormcaster Thunderbolt ability)
    Reflex save for half damage DC 21
    If it takes damage it must make a DC 21 Fortitude save or be Stunned for 1 round (Stormcaster Thunderbolt)
    Spell Resistance (if applicable) (1d20+14)[15]

    Hawk Stats: HP 128/128, AC 34, Fort +13, Reflex +14, Will +15
    Spot +17, Darkvision 60ft
    Speed: 60ft (good)

    Current Effects: Wild Shape, Mass Conviction (X/110 minutes), Bless (X/11 minutes), Spell Resistance 23 (0/11 minutes)

    Initiative (1d20)[17]

    Not sure what you mean by groups highest bonus. Amelia has a +16; are we each using her modifier or will there simply be one roll with that modifier?
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-10-22 at 09:26 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Ziggs smiled with glee as he cracked his knuckles. Looking around, he swiftly took out an small spherical object and starting inscribing runes onto it. His small, deft hands quickly turned the ball over and over in his hands. Each revolution increased the complexity of the rune, tightening the arcane bonds and strengthening its power. Near the end he added some special edits, to make sure any collateral damage was minimized.

    Throwing his new toy up in the air, he caught it and rolled it across his shoulder. <<I'm ready,>> he thought with a smile.

    Spoiler
    Show
    With my standard action, I make a Special Rune Of Confusion with an exception to everyone in the group. It has a martial trigger.

    Initiative
    (d20+16)[25]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    bindin garoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    <<I'll take out her ligaments. Shouldn't be able to get far without those, huh?>> Nexus says with a grin. Sure, the she-wolf was running fast. But she couldn't outrun an arrow could she?

    Nexus punches through the dimensions, reaching into his own little storage of weapons. With a great yank he tries to pull something out, but it's as if it doesn't want to come out. Finally, with a second yank, he pulls out.......... Seemingly nothing, almost stumbling in the process. But looking at his shadow, you can tell he is holding a bow of sorts, although it appears to be warped to a degree.


    Still, he draws back an invisible arrow, and with but a second's pause he lets the arrow launch, aiming for the she-wolf's leg.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free action: Draw my longbow with the Invisible, Mystic Ammo, Entangling Shot

    Attack: (1d20+17)[28] The she-wolf is flat-footed vs this attack
    Damage:(1d8)[4] + (2d6+12)[14] = 18

    She must make a reflex save vs DC 20 or become entangled for (1d4)[4] rounds
    She must make a Fortitude DC = Damage Dealt (18) or be Staggered for 1 round.

    Edit:Well......... Was hoping for a better damage roll....
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-10-23 at 06:09 AM.
    homebrew

    Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum



    Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KingOfLaughter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Dereks listens to the others, <<Guess I'll take the angel>> with that he flies closer to the angel, always remaining in his hidden state. When he get's close enough he tries to draw the air from it's lungs, choking it to death.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Suffocate if I can get close enough to do so in one round.
    The fort save is 21 DC=10 +1/2 HD +My Con Mod

    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Rand sees that Reya and Derek have the angel well in hand, and besides he doesn't have anything that could take out a flying creature with any subtlety. He focuses his attention on the she-wolf and concentrates, breaching the barriers between the Material and the Astral. Silvery sheets of ectoplasm spill out from a point above the she-wolf's head and race to the ground, forming a slightly-shimmering opaque dome around her. <The wolf is contained, though I don't know how long that will hold it,> Rand sends. <Focus on the others for now. Derek and Reya, stay on the flyer. Ziggs and Amelia, you have the tiger. Nexus, good shot on the wolf; move up and help out the others, but stay near the dome and be ready to attack if it escapes. Remember, our first priority is making sure they can't communicate and that no one notices us. Reya's thunderstorm might have attracted attention, so keep an eye out for any new threats and keep us updated.>

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rand manifests wall of ectoplasm in dome form around the she-wolf, no save allowed. He automatically succeeds on the Concentration check to suppress the display.

    Assuming we're each making an individual initiative roll: (1d20)[15] plus the relevant modifier.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2012-10-23 at 01:25 PM.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Holding up the unhinged engineer's 'orange' Amelia mutters "Ziggs!" to it. The 'orange' pulses for a moment before disintegrating into a cloud which reforms into seven copies of her, all of the images drawing their swords in perfect unison with her as she gazes at the large tiger like creature. <<I see him colonel, we'll be there in a flash>>

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ziggs toy creates (d4+4)[7] images.
    Drawing my sword is a free action thanks to eager.
    My twitchy initiative mod and roll is (d20+16)[35]

    Looks like I really am twitcy.
    Last edited by Lostbutseeking; 2012-10-23 at 05:46 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

    L = Wolf
    T = Tiger-Man
    W = Flying Angel


    Reya -
    You summon the divine lighting upon the tiger with the ease of a simple gesture, a shaft of divine wroth and electricity entangles the being, arcing and spitting bolts all over him and sending waves of energy crawling up the tower and his armor.
    The Were-Tiger leaps into the air and tucks into a somersault with ease, managing to avoid the worst of the damage, he lands with a solid thump against the dirt with his large Bastard sword out and ready, he seems to scanning the sky for something, he is obviously looking in your direction, as if he knows of your location but cannot see you.

    Ziggs -
    You manage to write your arcane writings upon your sphere enacting the power arcane within.

    Nexus -
    Your shot is true and you manage to hit your target, although she neither shouts out or is entangled by the shot. You cannot tell if she is dazed as a wall of ectoplasmic goo surrounds her turning solid as it does.

    Derek -
    You fly 60ft towards the flying being.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Explanation of Suffocation please, I cannot find it.


    Rand -
    After you issue your mental commands your summon forth the ectoplasm from the Aether and shape it to your will, something that no longer taxes you after years of practice. It shapes and molds as you desire and within seconds the she wolf is surrounded in a thick solid wall.

    Amelia -
    The orange Ziggs gives falls to dust and 7 duplicate images spring forth from nothing, each an exact copy of yourself. All 8 of you draw your sword and speak unanimously.

    Initiative
    {table=head]Team|Order
    You guys|1
    Bad guys|2[/table]

    Full round action from you guys.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-10-26 at 12:07 PM.
    If my inbox is full, send me an email.

    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Sir Cowabunga of Clubs and Servant to the Radical Throne

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KingOfLaughter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Creeping ever closer, Derek does his best to remain hidden, wishing to silence the flying target as fast as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Suffocate (Su): At 9th Level, the elemental can draw the very air from the a creatures lungs. As a full-round action the elemental can attempt to suffocate an adjacent creature. The creature must succeed on a fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 Air elementals HD + the Elementals constitution modifier) or have the oxygen pulled from its body, immediately dropping to 0 hp. On the following round, the elemental can spend another full-round action to continue this treatment. If it does do, the target drops to -1 hp and is dying. On the third round, if the elemental spends another full-round action to continue suffocating the target, the creature gets one final fortitude save. If the creature fails, it suffocates and dies. Using this ability does not wake a sleeping target and can be an effective means of assassination, especially to make it appear as if the target had died of natural causes.

    It's 4th from the bottom of my class skills.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=952
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    bindin garoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Nexus decides it's time to get serious. Concentrating on his home plane for but a moment, he brings forth a portion of it to this world, ensuring none close to him could see. The darkness completely encircles him, but of course doesn't affect his vision. He is native to the place after all, why would it hamper his vision.

    <<Moving in. It'll take me a little bit to catch up to the Tiger-thing.>> Nexus reports in.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Swift action activate Boots of Speed.

    Move action move 60ft to the east.

    Standard action activate Tenebrous's Deeper Darkness supernatural ability.
    homebrew

    Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum



    Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Reya

    "By the thousand eyes..." Reya thinks to herself, forgetting the mindlink. "Damned tigers." Folding her wings beneath her she dived down beneath the canopy and flew closer to the tower. Flying under branches and around limbs she opened her beak and squawked a bolt of lightning that hummed in three different pitches as it flew unerringly towards the tiger. "Dodge this..." She thought as the vibrant bolt struck the weretiger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Flyby Attack - Move 10ft Southeast, Cast Sound Lance, Move 50ft Northeast, staying in the large green circle.

    Sound Lance with Energy Substitution: Electricity (+Stormcaster Thunderbolt)
    (10d8)[37] Electricity damage and 4 Sonic damage, Fortitude save DC 20 for half damage.

    If it takes damage it must make a DC 20 Fortitude save or be Stunned for 1 round.


    Hawk Stats: HP 128/128, AC 34, Fort +13, Reflex +14, Will +15
    Spot +17, Darkvision 60ft
    Speed: 60ft (good)

    Current Effects: Wild Shape, Mass Conviction (X.2/110 minutes), Bless (X.2/11 minutes), Spell Resistance 23 (0.2/11 minutes)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-10-26 at 06:44 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Ziggs realized how far away he was from the action and started running towards the others. Hearing that the wolf had been contained already only made Ziggs run even faster. He was eager to get in on the action and he didn't want to get there right when everything was done and over.

    As he ran, he started to giggle a little. Soon the giggle erupted into laughter as Ziggs ran harder and harder. The maniacal sound echoed outward, although it probably wasn't loud enough to reach the others just yet. It might just give away his own position, but Ziggs didn't care. After all they obviously knew that they were here. There wasn't any real reason to be discrete anyway!

    <<Here I come!>>

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    So Ziggs moves for a Full Round Action to move as close as possible to the Big Bad Wolf. While laughing.

    Cause why not?
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-10-27 at 12:09 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Sword aloft, ponytail flying, Amelia leads her images on a fully fledged cavarly charge against the tiger beast. Her phantom steed tramples the grass as she storms past the dome of ectoplasm the colonel had bound the wolf in and onto the towering tiger as she strikes down with her sword.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+17)[30]
    Damage: (d10+9)[13]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    <Acknowledged, Nexus,> Rand sends to him, <I'll help Derek out with the flyer, then.> The kalashtar jogs forward, concentrating as he goes. Normally it takes him more concentration to create ectoplasmic beings, but he's created this particular one so often he can manifest it with merely a thought. When he gets close to the dome of ectoplasm, a small sphere of silvery material materializes in the air and quickly expands to form humanoid figure, a hulking creature with four arms and bulging muscles.

    Muscles, you stand guard over that dome, he sends to it, giving it a mental impression of the she-wolf. "Muscles" sends back a mental acknowledgment and drops into a ready stance facing the dome. Rand turns his attention to the flying creature and focuses his attention on it. More silvery ectoplasm appears, this time in strands that encircle the creature in the hopes of immobilizing it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    As a swift action (thanks to his Personal Construct feature), Rand expends his psionic focus and spends 7 PP to manifest a 4th-level astral construct with the Improved Grab, Extra Attack, and Pounce menu abilities in the square directly north of the dome. It readies an action to five foot step (if necessary) and attack the she-wolf if she breaks through the dome on her turn.

    Rand moves 30 feet directly east, then spends 7 more PP to manifest ectoplasmic cocoon on the flyer. It needs to make a DC 23 Reflex save or be rendered helpless. Again, I'm assuming it's Medium from the map; if it's actually Large, he'll spend 9 PP instead to be able to affect a Large creature.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Rand summons his Construct swiftly ordering it to guard over the grey dome covering the she wolf, you all move on and watch as the Tiger-man is smashed to the ground with a lance of pure sound, almost knocking him from his stance.

    The winged angel-man suddenly grasps his throat, seemingly suffocating, and then suddenly falls limp, falling to the ground like a comet through the sky. Moments before he hits the ground his body flashes in a bright light, stealing your triumph over the kill.

    So to does the Tiger-man, who was recovering from his attack, his form turning pure purple and then white, and then flickering in between as he fades out from reality.

    All of a sudden the area is deathly quiet.

    The Tower looms over you, awaiting you to enter.
    If my inbox is full, send me an email.

    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Sir Cowabunga of Clubs and Servant to the Radical Throne

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Ziggs was laughing as he ran towards the fight. In each hand was a small silver orb and he was juggling them as he moved. His eyes were wide as ran through the thick forest. Even though he was making too much noise, he didn't care.

    But even from a distance he could tell something was wrong. The closer he got, the slower he ran until he was simply walking. Ziggs was no longer laughing, completely quiet for once. As all of the enemies evaporated into light, his lower lip trembled. His arms fell by his side and his head slumped low. As he dragged his feet across the ground, he even almost let one of his bombs slip from his fingers.

    Walking up to Rand, Ziggs poked him in the elbow. "Where....where did they go?" he said dejectedly, like a child who lost his Christmas presents. Looking at the tower, he only sighed. "Now I can't sneak up on whoever's inside!"

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Well that's not a good sign, Rand sighs to himself. To his teammates, he sends <All right, team, look sharp. Those disappearances could mean bodies teleporting back to their masters, contingent spells destroying evidence, or a bunch of other things...most of them bad for us. Even if no one noticed the attack before, we should expect that the tower invaders now know about us and act accordingly.>

    Rand turns to consider Muscles and orders the construct not to use lethal force with its attacks, then continues, <I'm assuming for now that even if that flash was teleportation these creatures can't just do that whenever they want. If that's the case, we might be able to catch the wolf and interrogate it. Amelia, Reya, you're the spellcasters, why don't you start scanning around to see if you can figure out what just happened and if there are any other strange things around here. Derek, Nexus, Ziggs, I'd like at least one of you to join me over here to try to take out the wolf. When you're ready I'll remove the dome and we'll target the wolf--and strike to disable only, we don't want it to disappear like the others.> A pause as the shaper regards the tower. <The two of you can either help with that or prepare to enter the tower. Don't worry, Ziggs, sneaking isn't off the table--we should assume they know about us, but that doesn't mean they do, so stealth is still the plan.>
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Red Tide [IC]

    Reya


    << Huh. Not really what I expected. >> Reya thinks and flys back to join the others, perched in a tree above the silver dome. << I'm sure that the weretiger wasn't killed by that spell. It had to be some contingency that took them away. Which means they're somewhere else and know we're here. >>

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to identify the spell effect. (1d20+20)[22]

    Hawk Stats:
    HP 128/128
    AC 34, Fort +13, Reflex +14, Will +15
    Spot +17, Darkvision 60ft
    Speed: 60ft (good)

    Current Effects: Wild Shape, Mass Conviction (X.3/110 minutes), Bless (X.3/11 minutes), Spell Resistance 23 (0.3/11 minutes)
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •