Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [OoC] The Unexpecteds

I wanna create a mind link with the Diplomancer and read the minds of the guy we're diplomancy'ing... but I'm not sure if it would be considered "wasteful" of me to spend 4 more PP before we've even left the camp

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't know if we'll gain that much by it, and if the mind link offends someone the way it did with the captain, it might put a damper on negotiations.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

@Newcomer: The minimum price on magic items also effects potions. Namely potions dealing with water and death spells, which would otherwise become free due to their abundance.

@Scrambled Brains: There currently aren't any wands of magic missile available in town at the moment. And yes metamagiced wands would cost more than normal, as metamagic increases the spell level of the spell. (Completed magic items are rarely traded between cities. Instead the components needed to make them are traded.)
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, considering you have 53 left, I think 4 more might not be too extreme. We need someone who can find data for us, and a Psion would undoubtably be great at that.

However...Newcomer makes a good point, and we really can't afford to lose our welcome to the town.

@Egneil: The magic missle was just a hypothetical, I just was trying to figure out prices, is all. So, Newcomer had it right?
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-18 at 10:21 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

5. - Top - End - #125

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Issath turns around, stares at Naveris and whips out a sign that says "No girls allowed".
    Really? Really?
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    Really? Really?
    Yes, apparently.

Also, as the group diplomancer...we were kinda hoping you'd haggle for our higher wages. I said as much IC in my last post there.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? Really?
    I HAVE DONE STRANGER THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF COMEDY!

For all intensive purposes you can completely ignore anything Issath does for the sheer sake of Comedy

8. - Top - End - #128

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Also, as the group diplomancer...we were kinda hoping you'd haggle for our higher wages. I said as much IC in my last post there.
    I apologize. I either misread your post, or maybe I caught it right before an early edit. I could've sworn you'd said you were going to do the asking.

How's a Diplomacy 26?

9. - Top - End - #129

I apologize. I either misread your post, or maybe I caught it right before an early edit. I could've sworn you'd said you were going to do the asking.

How's a Diplomacy 26?
    Early edit, and no big, I've done the same thing before.

I hope it works.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

How's a Diplomacy 26?
    Unless the DM is using a Diplomacy fix (hasn't stated that, but eh) and assuming she isn't Hostile (HA~ I would totally put money on that) she would be totally Friendly

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Unless Elestil is going to push for more gold, then this is where you either go shopping, visit the guardhouse, or leave on your adventure. You can do all three if you wish but that's up to you. Also if you want to roleplay the shopping for a bit, I can craft some opportunities for you to do.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #132

BlackDragon

Well, friends, are you dying to be off and get this party started, or do a few more social scenes fit in the agenda? I just want to role-play something, but I don't much care whether it's shopping or setting off. I would like to at least stop at the guardhouse before we leave, though, even if it's a one-post DM narration. I don't want to give up free information from the scouts.

Also, I accepted the offer before I saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Egneil
    Unless Elestil is going to push for more gold,
    But she accepted our offer, it would be kind of pushing it to say, "in that case, how about even more?" I think. Elestil thinks so, too. He enjoys gold, but he's more civil than greedy.

13. - Top - End - #133

Newcomer, you are awesome! Way to haggle, seriously.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

BlackDragon

Newcomer, you are awesome! Way to haggle, seriously.
    You know what I find hilarious? The other character I'm playing on the forums right now is an INT 6 ranger. He speaks in sentence fragments, and his most frequent utterance is "...uh..." Basically I have to make my characters sound like the absolute opposite of the other, and it leaves me terribly amused every single time.

15. - Top - End - #135

You know what I find hilarious? The other character I'm playing on the forums right now is an INT 6 ranger. He speaks in sentence fragments, and his most frequent utterance is "...uh..." Basically I have to make my characters sound like the absolute opposite of the other, and it leaves me terribly amused every single time.
    Noted.

Also, I'm up for the RPing of the shopping trip.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-21 at 09:57 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

In case anyone is curious, those boxes are tainted with a poison that hurt Psionic creatures by dealing 1 ability damage to their manifesting score

17. - Top - End - #137

BlackDragon

Ouch!

Elestil is a little suspicious about Issath, but not suspicious of betrayal. He's just trying to figure out if there's more to him than meets the eye. He's a bit of a puzzle, and Elestil wants to avoid pressing the wrong buttons by finding them first.

18. - Top - End - #138

In case anyone is curious, those boxes are tainted with a poison that hurt Psionic creatures by dealing 1 ability damage to their manifesting score
    Crap...that sucks dude. How long does it last?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch!

Elestil is a little suspicious about Issath, but not suspicious of betrayal. He's just trying to figure out if there's more to him than meets the eye. He's a bit of a puzzle, and Elestil wants to avoid pressing the wrong buttons by finding them first.
    Meh, we take what the deck gives us, besides I couldn't have known that... and I encourage all of you to be suspicious of Issath, that's how I want you guys to feel about him... He's a member of a secret society dedicated to... Well that is a personal secret that I'll reveal when the game calls for it... I'll explain it if we ever get captured by Mindbenders

Crap...that sucks dude. How long does it last?
    Permanent unfortunately... Regardless, I'll endure through the hardship. Besides, it's my fault for relying on those gloves to magically solve all of my problems in solving the mysteries of this game

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Permanent unfortunately... Regardless, I'll endure through the hardship. Besides, it's my fault for relying on those gloves to magically solve all of my problems in solving the mysteries of this game
    Actually, it's only normal ability damage, so it should clear up after a day. I'm mostly curious about why you thought it was permanent.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Egneil View Post
    Actually, it's only normal ability damage, so it should clear up after a day. I'm mostly curious about why you thought it was permanent.
    Good, point. For a moment, I thought you said permanent in that message, but you didn't. Fault on my part

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Zahn, Issath is a tea-toddler. He'd get drunk if you gave him apple juice and told him it was wine

On that note: I'm not a drinker in real life so yeah

23. - Top - End - #143

Zahn, Issath is a tea-toddler. He'd get drunk if you gave him apple juice and told him it was wine

On that note: I'm not a drinker in real life so yeah
    my experiences with dwarves signal me this: all I learnt from your sentence is that ye need ta get more alcohol in ya, lad! An' keep those Fort'tude saves and constitushun checks a'rollin'!

Frandol didn't smell anything, by the way, today he only has about 15~20% of his sense of smell one. he that much one cold mountain evening, after a hard day at work on his canvas, he decided to relax, his finished work was a few feet away from the fire when the colors upon it faded and the canvas spontaneously exploded into fumes, next this Frandol knew he was surrounded by a chilling haze of poorly mixed alchemical paint fumes that inflamed his nostrils.
    A holy Knight of the Yellow Rose Emblem heard the explosion and rushed to his aid, using his magnificent lay on hands to keep him alive before he could rush him to safety.

Long story short Frandol survived, and is fine now, but some things cannot be mended without the higher restorative magics, and he has come to terms with living with no smell or taste, but after a few years his smelling became "highly vague, but slightly existent." And finding out that it somehow healing was amazing news to him.

Smelling is vague, he can't smell somethig if it's not a powerful aroma or stench, as for taste, he can tell between different sensations(sweet,bitter, salty,sour, spicy or the like), but not much more than that if nothing is dominant.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-23 at 03:20 PM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)

I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Here's a small knowledge check about how the streets are laid out. The reason I'm posting it here is because your character would have made the check when he first looked a map of the streets.

Knowledge (Arcana:Illusion) DC: 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    The streets are laid out in an arcane pattern highly linked to illusion magic. The symbol resembles a giant spoked wheel, with the points where the outer and inner circles connect to be exactly eighty-eight degrees apart. There are only four 'spokes' within the symbol, each one bent clockwise near the outer edge. At about half way to the center, the lines bend counter-clockwise instead. The symbol is used to represent the falsehood of the mind, and to confuse those who have dangerous ambitions.

EDIT: Linen rope costs 7GP, and weighs 7lbs per 50 foot length. It also provides a +1 circumstance bonus to the use rope skill. (This bonus doesn't stack with the bonus of silk rope. You only get to use one rope or the other, not both.) And anything made of silk costs three times its base price.
    Last edited by Egneil; 2012-10-23 at 03:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

@Egneil: Does that mean we shouldn't roll the check now? Or can we still?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

@Egneil: Does that mean we shouldn't roll the check now? Or can we still?
    You still can, it's more of a retroactive check.

27. - Top - End - #147

BlackDragon

Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+7)[22] Any bonus for Spell Focus (Illusion)?

Never mind!
    Last edited by Newcomer; 2012-10-23 at 04:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Knowledge(arcana): (1d20+6)[17]

Son of a...
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-23 at 04:54 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Knowledge(arcana:Illusion)? That's a new one to me, but Sure, whatever works...
    Although given Frandol's expertise in the field of illusions, I think a spellcraft check is more fitting, would you mind if I rolled that too?
    If you do mind it doesn't have to count, but I'll leave it here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(Arcana):(1d20+11)[18]
    Spellcraft:(1d20+16)[36]

EDIT: looks like knowledge AND spellcraft are right on the money, given the convenience, would I yield any additional information via the spellcraft check? If so, is it PM worthy?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-23 at 05:17 PM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)

I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Knowledge(arcana:Illusion)? That's a new one to me, but Sure, whatever works...
    Although given Frandol's expertise in the field of illusions, I think a spellcraft check is more fitting, would you mind if I rolled that too?
    If you do mind it doesn't have to count, but I'll leave it here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(Arcana):[roll0]
    Spellcraft:[roll1]

EDIT: looks like knowledge AND spellcraft are right on the money, given the convenience, would I yield any additional information via the spellcraft check? If so, is it PM worthy?
    Whenever I but anything behind a colon in a check, that means it has more specialized knowledge. Any specialization about that subject will grant a bonus to the check. Spell focus grants a +1 bonus to the knowledge check, with specialization in that field(Illusionist for example) grants a +3 bonus. These bonuses also apply for the psionic variants.(Psionic Endowment, and Discipline.)