Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [OoC] The Unexpecteds

Sorry to leave everyone clueless, I've been swamped with work these last few days, but tomorrow I should find time to post again and catch up!
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

"I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

I'm currently wondering what everyone thinks about the campaign so far. Is it going too fast? Or too slow? Would you like me to post more often?

Mostly I'm just curious about what you think of my DM'ing.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Post rate semms to be fine, I'm just happy to be in a campaign that doesn't get 2 pages of posts and then die. Or have a DM that insisted on horses in dark sun.
    Edit- screw you autocorrect. Posts to ice? Really?
    Last edited by Dr.Robotnik; 2012-11-02 at 05:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Egneil View Post
    I'm currently wondering what everyone thinks about the campaign so far. Is it going too fast? Or too slow? Would you like me to post more often?

Dude, it's perfect the post rate is just awesome (atleast once a day) and this is in all honesty the best pBp I've ever experienced...

5. - Top - End - #185

BlackDragon

I'm very happy with the game! You're doing great!

I expect we're almost ready to set out on the road, but I've enjoyed exploring the town quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

6. - Top - End - #186

You're concerns are in the right place, Egneil, but the are unnecessary .
    The post rate is well(now if only I kept up to it) I expected us to leave towards adventure sooner but things are happening regardless so that's no trouble

I like your descriptions and attention directing, Everything is clear atm and the scene shiftings simple and efficient in a way that one could not simply do at a gaming table. no really, I've tried splitting the attention among many IRL, it's a nightmare...

I think what I like best about this adventure is the vibes in it, I mean, in my IRL group my friends play whatever the heck they feel like, make themselves personalities that don't go well together, and then change characters after one arc at 50% party per arc.
    Yet when I'm playing this I feel we're playing it RIGHT, because despite having part of our party just meet each other, there's no barbarians punching innocent clerics in the gullet, pacifist sorcerers walking away from the group or tribal warriors eating decapitated Orc heads in front of an undertaker...
    Know what I mean, fellas?

"I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Egneil, as someone who's been in only one other campaign, with a good friend as DM, this may not mean much...

But I wouldn't change a thing. I'm quite happy with pretty much everything here.

P.S. I know I haven't posted IC in a while. College is kicking my rear.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

8. - Top - End - #188

BlackDragon

I'm still fairly new to D&D. That said...

I like your approach and your flexibility. You respond to our (shopping, at the moment) requests not with an automatic yes or no, but with a realistic set of alternatives based on the setting. And each interaction with a random NPC seems real, and offers the possibility of something more. I like the depth and detail you're working into the setting whenever we interact with it.

I think what I like best about this adventure is the vibes in it, I mean, in my IRL group my friends play whatever the heck they feel like, make themselves personalities that don't go well together, and then change characters after one arc at 50% party per arc.
    Yet when I'm playing this I feel we're playing it RIGHT, because despite having part of our party just meet each other, there's no barbarians punching innocent clerics in the gullet, pacifist sorcerers walking away from the group or tribal warriors eating decapitated Orc heads in front of an undertaker...
    Know what I mean, fellas?
    I have to agree. I like how each of our characters is unique, and we're playing them uniquely, but they're fitting into a whole in a believable way. And we're having fun with it.. both playing a game and telling a story.
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Hehe, thanks guys. I've tried to do a few games here and they've always fell flat. I think that it's because I let the OoC thread grow to silent, or I waited too long between posts in the IC thread. Speaking of which I should probably post there now.

Yeah though, I really like the world building/fluff creation of a campaign. Having realistic people and consequences are a part of that.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #190

Apropos of opinions: Am I sticking too much unimportant details into my posts?
    I'm pretty sure this never happened to me before this adventure, but Originally I intended Frandol to be a smart and cultured(if not quirky) person, while trying subconsciously to back it up with facts and references I made up on the fly (as if any of it really served a purpose (like the Derlaynna mead when I originally intended to joke: "try an easy drink - like Whisky", when a pal pointed out I was an era or two early for it. At hindsight saying "brandy" could've saved me the effort), anyway, now that I'm conscious of it I want to know if it burdens ye reading or in any way off-putting?
    I can try to keep the lore-spouting more scarce I just want to know what you guys think of it before I actually do so. [/selfanalyze]

I want to be a better player, I need to constantly review efforts...

11. - Top - End - #191

BlackDragon

As a fellow player, it doesn't bother me at all. I intend to make up legends and stories for Elestil to spout off when we're adventuring. But really I guess it's up to whether it's fine by Egneil, because he's the one integrating all of our contributions into a working world. My working assumption is it's cool, but the DM has the right to "correct" any of our asserted character knowledge if it contradicts what he has in mind. If it's obscure enough, though, I can't imagine it causing too much trouble.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Firstly I'd like to apologize about the lateness of my post. It's just I use an old computer and when it froze it ate my first attempt before I could finish it, sorry about the wait.

Also I don't mind anyone adding unnecessary fluff to their posts, so long as they don't contradict anything. If things end up contradicting anyway I find that it can be easily explained away unproven/incorrect theories. (Alternatively it could also be a case magic/psionics did it if it's something bigger.) I try to leave a good amount of vagueness in this world so it's easier to combine things.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

My detect hostile intent is still up incase anyone is curious so if Gravious decides to try and coup me I automatically wake up and proceed to go nuclear on him.

14. - Top - End - #194

My detect hostile intent is still up incase anyone is curious so if Gravious decides to try and coup me I automatically wake up and proceed to go nuclear on him.
    Well that's neat, Still doesn't stop Frandol from worrying, he probably learned something today, he'd still find it hard to believe that anyone could get a buzz from what may as well be fruit punch,
    If the dwarf -HAD- suggested Whisky Frandol might've killed the man.

Anyway, so I take it Elestil took sight of things, I sense an "explain yourself" in the near future, if not from the goblin then from someone else...

15. - Top - End - #195

So, correct me here if I'm wrong Egneil, but I can only use the Knowstone once, right? Or does it recharge?

Edit: Also, love that Issath got drunk off basically nothing.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-11-05 at 03:01 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    So, correct me here if I'm wrong Egneil, but I can only use the Knowstone once, right? Or does it recharge?
    It's meant to be a sorcerers Pearl of Power, so you can only use it once per day. It recharges each time you regain your spell slots. Also you can have the stone re-imprinted with a different power by a different sorcerer for spell level x 10 GP.

17. - Top - End - #197

It's meant to be a sorcerers Pearl of Power, so you can only use it once per day. It recharges each time you regain your spell slots. Also you can have the stone re-imprinted with a different power by a different sorcerer for spell level x 10 GP.
    Once per day? Hot damn, sweet!
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Were we ever told the captain of the guards name?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

No, I didn't tell you the captains name.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I didn't tell you the captains name.
    Ah, I knew we forgot something

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

@Newcomer: Yes I meant for everyone currently collected to hear the conversation. Sorry if that was unclear.

22. - Top - End - #202

BlackDragon

@Newcomer: Yes I meant for everyone currently collected to hear the conversation. Sorry if that was unclear.
    Thanks. I edited my IC post. And since I can't roll in an edit, I'll roll here.

Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[18] -- only to make a good/not suspicious impression, if you think a roll is even necessary. Elestil wants the others in the tent to see him as someone whose presence in the tent/discussion they won't object to.

23. - Top - End - #203

Gotta be honest, I'm starting to feel Thurod is the straight man of the group.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Exclamation Re: [OoC] The Unexpecteds

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Gotta be honest, I'm starting to feel Thurod is the straight man of the group.
    Well, we all have our quirks, Frandol and his (mostly genuine) dwarven culture, Issath and his almost literal rebirth, Elestil being a rare voice and outcast among his own kind.
    (Sorry Robotnik I hope to see your character's unexpected quirks later on.)
    Anyhow, and why shouldn't you? You owe it to him to shine as the leader of the party, even if that occasionally means making up some pointlessly odd quirk, thing, habit or prefference to complete the gaps in our ragtag caravan of misfits.

So live up to your name my friend, and scramble us some brains, ah? I like mine sunny-side-sideways.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Issath and his almost literal rebirth
    To be more specific Issath is effectively an example of what Human life was like in the "beginning" if you will, from the point of view from the New Age religion. Very naive and effectively innocent, but very sensitive to the Macroworld and the Microworld around him. He also possess a little bit of... Hidden wit to it all...

I'd ask if he could go into the Mindbender prestige class (dip) and take Mindsight and RP him getting his eyes gauged out allowing him complete unimpeded access to the Mind, Body, Spirit and 4th World... But that is of course only if the DM is allowing that to fly

You should seriously ask Issath on his spiritual views (he wouldn't call them "Spiritual" though). Would completely explain why he is the way he is

Hell if our campaign ever gets out of the camp and moves into Epic (I doubt it will, but just in case) I'll ask if I can use this template to retire Issath and play as something else

26. - Top - End - #206

Specifics.
    oh, specifics!
    To the sophisticated eye, One an assume I was close enough....

Well, shoot! Now I wanna know what you would say haha!
    Shall we continue, Egneil?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

oh, specifics!
    To the sophisticated eye, One an assume I was close enough....

Well, shoot! Now I wanna know what you would say haha!
    Shall we continue, Egneil?
    Lol take a full round action to wake me up... He's not that drunk to actually be unconscious... He's just sleeping from sudden exposure to a 3rd world tainted substance (Alcohol, Drugs, etc.) Although it isn't against his "Spiritual" vows (which he didn't take... I'll ask for BoED for access to the vow of Abstinence and Poverty to symbolize him experiencing spiritual advancement and taking the Saint Template after sacrificing his eyes for whatever... Most likely to help you guys... probably) so eventually Issath will become a Monk dedicated to the cosmic consciousness where as it will be a blasphemy to tempt him with drink

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I intend to play Issath as if he were an Exalted character...

Idk... I want to finally play a character that lets me experience Lawful Good through circumstance and not just through me writing on my character sheet. When I write an alignment on my character sheet I usually mean it.

No, I do not intend to be the party Nazi... Issath's teachings are in essence "Do as thoust will" meaning that he is under no reason criticize any of you for your actions, however he will always resort to diplomacy if possible which is why I want to set up "Detect Hostile Intent" up 24/7 to cut out the middle man if at all possible

EDIT: I'd like to make note that I've planned him out all the way to 21st level so thanks Mr. DM for finally granting Issath life and a world to live in
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-11-09 at 01:16 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry about the posting rate, I've been preparing for collage so I've only been able to get online during the night. Don't worry though, I'll finish this campaign irregardless. To that effect I've been working out more details about encounters. (Instead of relying on my lackluster improvisational abilities) However expect posting to fluctuate until I've been excepted somewhere.

It's time for bed for me so I'll answer questions later. Sorry about the mess.

29. - Top - End - #209

BlackDragon

As long as the posting rate is fast enough that the group doesn't dissolve, I have no objections. And everyone seems to be staying committed so far. (Thank you, everyone!)

I need to think a bit before deciding how Elestil reacts to that phraseology. This will help:

Bardic Knowledge on Shiria: (1d20+13)[14]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

@Newcomer: Shiria is meant to be the name of Elestil's wife, from the legend. As for other legends about her specifically, I can't think of any right now.

@Arcanist: I like to run my characters under their alignments as well, so you're welcome about Issath's life.

As for the Prc and template, I won't be allowing them. There's already a Prc based around the template that's more balanced. And I've already used the Psionic Uncarnate class for the Ascended Masters anyway. Anything closer to pure energy requires epic level and will draw the attention of the Gods. (As the next level after becoming such a being is Divine Rank 0) And I don't mind granting monster abilities to players, so there's no need to allow the Prc.