New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default [DFRPG] What Lurks Underneath The Smoke (IC)

London, also known as the Smoke, is a city of greatness. One can see great achievements as well as great horrors within the Smoke. It rarely snows heavily in London due to its location and the fact that it’s a compact city; however, the Smoke has been savaged by numerous blizzards for the past few weeks which has granted the city an entire layer of snow for the unruly to hide under. Additionally the city is discouraged, the IRA have been bombing several key areas throughout the city as well as assassinating numerous political officials. The Red Court Vampires have found a way into the city and Warden Dunbar is too busy with the Red Court to protect the innocent from anything else. Luxauris and Baroness Fairamay keep playing cat and mouse but nobody can decipher who is the cat and who is the mouse, regardless everyone can see the bodies wash up on the Thames. It is midnight on a cold Friday night and a few days shy of New Year’s Eve.

Hank & Skaarin:
    The two of you find yourselves in Soho specifically the Soho Lounge. Long established as an entertainment district, for much of the 20th century Soho had a reputation for sex shops, night life, and the film industry. However, in the recent years Soho has been trying to undergo a great transformation into a predominantly fashionable district of upmarket restaurants/media offices. But with great change you also get great opposition to change. Hence Soho is now also filled with crime, corruption, and nightclubs. Anywhere you turn you can find a nightclub or just about anything you need to have a good time. Taxis patrol the streets of Soho because nobody in their right mind walks around Soho alone.

The Soho Lounge is the largest premier nightclub and the owner of the nightclub Marco has asked you to work a job for him. A new drug, called Cherry Kiss, has hit the streets of London and rapidly made its way into the Soho nightlife. Marco’s only daughter the love of his live died of an overdose of Cherry Kiss a month back while she was partying at the Soho Lounge. Marco has made it his mission to clear all traces of Cherry Kiss from his club and put a complete stop to the dealers.

Marco hired Hank and Skaarin, who for some reason or other have made a small reputation as part-time bouncers, to find who is selling Cherry Kiss and threatened them to never attempt it again. You find yourself inside Soho Lounge a large but compact three story nightclub. The first floor houses the dance floor, bar and some seating area. The second floor is comprised of various seating arrangements, tables, a small bar, and billiard tables. The third floor is made up of the manager’s office and a couple of VIP areas. The Soho Lounge manager, Rico, dislikes your presence at the club and has made it very clear to the other bouncers that you are in no way to be disturbed in your mission but by no means feel welcomed.

Scene Aspects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Loud Music, Dark Corners, and Intoxication is just a Drink Away

Soho
    Spoiler
    Show

Natalia & Cara:
    Canary Wharf is East London’s financial center, a hub for business visitors near London City Airport. Canary Wharf is the European headquarters of numerous major banks, professional services firms and media organizations, and has recently been established as Giovanni Mocenigo’s playground. Canary Wharf is surrounded on three sides by the River Thames essentially making it a small peninsula. Due to this most magic users have had a hard time targeting or concentrating their magic while/on Canary Wharf. House Mocenigo has increasingly grown in influence and prestige despite the fact that they are new to London. Most of their success has to be attributed to Giovanni Mocenigo who quickly took control of Canary Wharf and is in the process of expanding into the rest of London’s financial sector.

Cara and Natalia are in front of the Pan Peninsula building. The Pan Peninsula is an exclusive luxury residential building and is one of several new high-rise residential developments that have sprung up due to increased demand for higher living standards in and around Canary Wharf. Cara you find yourself in front of the Pan Peninsula building because your lord has ordered you to steal an Item of Power that Giovanni Mocenigo has recently acquired. Natalia you find yourself aiding Cara because the Erlking has offered you the reward of safe and unhindered passage through his realm for the rest of your life if you acquire the Item of Power before the night is up. The only information that you have on the item that you are seeking to steal is that it will be moved to a secure location tomorrow morning and it is inside a bright blue briefcase.

The Erlking approached both of you, thorough a proxy, late last night with this mission. To you Cara the mission seems very sudden and odd, you know that your liege is not pleased with Giovanni Mocenigo’s rise to power but it seems something specifically has spurred the Erlking to act. Natalia what throws you off the most is that the Erlking has asked that once you have retrieved the item he wishes you to open the briefcase grab the Item of Power and hurl it into the River Thames.

Scene Aspects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Water all Around, High Class Society, Layer of Snow

Canary Wharf
    Spoiler
    Show

Pan Peninsula
    Spoiler
    Show

Jason:
    You are at Malcolm Dunbar’s apartment (flat) which is two blocks away from the University of London. He lives on the second floor and his apartment building is usually very quiet and today it is almost ghostly silent. You find yourself at his apartment very frequently lately because you worry about your friend now that he has officially joined the Wardens. His apartment is small only containing one bed room, living room/kitchen, and a bathroom. Malcolm Dunbar’s only family is his great grandfather Simon Dunbar who you rarely see lately and when you do he is usually sporting a new bruise or cut. Malcolm is not great at Evocation in fact you have never seen anybody who struggles as much as he does when it comes to simple Evocations. However, what he lacks in Evocation he makes up for more than enough in potion brewing and enchanted item crafting. The kid truly has a skill when it comes to potions and enchanted items which is why he is so popular in the supernatural London community.

“Well its official I’m a Warden, here take a look.” states Malcolm as he puts on a grey cloak. “And for my first mission I’m being sent to Athens. Hysterical isn’t it, maybe I can see some of your family while I’m there if I get any time off that is.” Malcolm finishes his sentence and looks gloomy at the ground standing by the door that leads to his bedroom. You know he didn't want to be a Warden he wanted to study anthropology which is why he lives so close and is attending the University of London but Malcolm does not want to disappoint his only family, his great grandfather. Malcolm worries about Simon and hoped that once he had become a Warden he could aid his grandfather here in London but with the ongoing war all new Wardens are sent to where they are most needed. "It's really hot in here isn't it. Well what did you want to talk about and please don't tell me its about that Rhonda girl again. She's one of your students for Gods sake"

Scene Aspects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cluttered, Messy, and Cold

Apartment Building
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-15 at 05:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [DFRPG] What Lurks Underneath The Smoke (IC)

Cara peered up at the tall glass edifice sceptically, the words If your prey goes to ground, leave no ground to go to kept scrolling through her head. But trying to find and crack the building's foundations would cause too much collateral, it was... messy. She didnt like messy. Pulling the firealarm could net a similar result though, yank a lever, make a rapid exit, wait till everyone filed out, and stab anyone with a bright blue briefcase, then sort the cases out later. Or if it didnt turn up, she would have free range to ransack the building as needed until the case turned up. That would leave too many witnesses though, and while she was not exactly in any real danger from mortal authorities, she was fond of her home, and would hate to have to leave it. There was also the chance that they could get away through alternative means.

Cara tapped the butt of her spear on the ground in thought; a potent weapon of power its self, with a petrified wood shaft and a large, flint head, both now fused into a single piece of stone by the passing of ages. However, it was a very focused tool, a weapon, and of no particular use unless she had something to stab, or perhaps, some magic to do. So the question remained; how to get in, eve armed as she was? Her gaze slid over to her companion, with whome she had worked before, and her presence made sense... get a thief to steal a thing, obvious. "How about... we walk up to the guard, tell him we want a very pointy word with his boss, and hope hes sympathetic?"

Fate: 2(?)
    Last edited by ChaoticSky; 2013-02-16 at 02:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Natalia studies the building the way a mechanic might study a malfunctioning engine - a problem to be solved. She had spent the day casing the building and trying to discover where in the building Mocenigo might have the briefcase.

"Walking up to the guard might be a bit... direct. Although we will, if it comes to that. Ideally we will leave as little evidence as possible that we were here. I don't particularly want Mocenigo for an enemy. In fact, I'd rather stay off his radar entirely.

"Hopefully we will talk to noone, and be seen by noone."
    Natalia allows herself a small smile, "Though that hope may be a thin one, in this case."

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so, this is where my newness to this shows itself. I'm guessing she would have, for example, gotten into property and corporate records to try and track down people or entities linked to Mocenigo in the building. Maybe also getting in touch with contacts to find things out. So. Would it be a straight up contacts roll (perhaps she has people she knows int eh records office too) - or two rolls, one for the research part (Scholarship?) and one for the Contacts part?

Obviously, casing the building itself is sort of self-explanatory, but what sort of minor things could she declare? 'Sloppy network security' or 'Guard likes his drinks' or 'unlocked roof door' - something like that?

Fate: 1

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at Malcolm like he was some sort of alien creature from beyond the Outer Gates Jason mumbled "Bloody Brits, they're all insane" and focused his will into a minor spell to heat the room in the area immediately around himself. Ah, much better.

Looking around the flat Jason can't help but smile at the various potions ingredients arcane tomes littered about the place, intermingling with tea bags and textbooks. It was just so very Malcolm. The fact that this tiny apartment didn't have room for a proper laboratory probably didn't help things either.

Jason would miss his friend. He was the only remaining tie Jason had to his old life, and the best friend a guy could hope for. Jason had recently considered once more trying to make amends with Jessica, but memories of his last disastrous attempt dissuaded him. But there was no use in worrying about any of that that. He would just have to enjoy Malcolm's company for as long as he could.

"Okay, yes she's my student. But I'm fairly certain she'll be dropping my class next term. Rhonda's a brilliantly clever girl, but she has no passion for history. Besides, it wouldn't be the stupidest thing I've ever done. Remember that time I was involved with a Vampire and one of the Sidhe, at the same time. That was much stupider."

Fate: 1
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2013-02-16 at 04:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jason:

Your minor spell to heat the room suddenly dissipates and a chilling cold over takes you. Your breath starts becoming visible due to the severe cold. "I don't know if I envious or just grossed out, I think I'm leaning toward envious." Malcolm walks towards his kitchen with intent but suddenly wobbles and leans on his kitchen counter. "Its really hot in here isn't it what is the thermostat at." Something is wrong you can feel it like ants crawling on your skin and suddenly the lights flicker on and off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Give me a Lore roll or anything you think might work in this scenario. Such as opening your Sight. (GM crosses fingers)
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-16 at 10:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Soho. There really wasn't any other place like it. Skaarin was one of those people who did walk around it by himself... a tall, dreadlocked, trench-wearing man who appeared made for trouble. If someone didn't know him, or the code he lived by, they generally assumed the worst and gave him a wide berth. And when they didn't...? Well, he could give them a reason to. Thus it was that the berserker's boots walked up through the snow filled London streets to the first night of his work at The Soho Lounge.

The fellow bouncer at the door wasn't particularly friendly, but Skaarin was allowed in eventually after a stern warning not to cause any trouble to the business. Already his suspicions were on the rise. The club's manager, Rico, apparently didn't approve of Marco's heavy handed approach to discerning the fate of his daughter, assuming that Hank (his partner, who he had yet to meet) and himself would disrupt the club's business. To Rico's credit, most of what Skaarin did involved some form of violence, so he couldn't really take the cold shoulder too personally... but it still worried him. The manager could easily have a hand in Cherry Kiss' infiltration of the club. The result was a slight, unsettling smile to the door's bouncer that read many things... from mild dominance of working for his boss' boss, a deadly serious sense of purpose, but mostly an unspoken try to stop me. And considering the man had specific orders not to disrupt his mission, he didn't.

Between pulsing music, and an overwhelming aroma of so many different people and things, Skaarin had to take a minute to adjust to the environment, so he went over some more of the facts in his head. As always, he'd done his homework before he'd set out on the job, having done some research on both Marco the owner and Rico the manager, as well as on Marco's daughter and the circumstances of her apparent overdose. He wasn't a computer ace or had many contacts within the city's limits, so the only information he had access to were what was publicly available in libraries, newspapers, and the net. Taking it one step further, he'd browsed the Paranet, to see if there were any outstanding references to either Marco or Rico, Cherry Kiss, or The Soho Lounge in general.

Spoiler
    Show
    Investigation roll, Mediocre (+0) skill

(Something tells me this is gonna hurt xD)

(4d3-8)[0]

Armed with the little knowledge given to him with his preparation, Skaarin made his way around the club as any other bouncer would. This, of course, left him largely unarmed, save for his fists... which was a bit out of his usual hardware-bearing-element. In the club scene, his looks actually helped him fit in a bit more than he would outside, and he used it. The tall man wandered the club's three levels, stopping at the bar to chat with people now and then as he attended to his duties as a bouncer, keeping things very subtle. Via casual flirting with a few different females in the bar area, he attempted to find anyone who knew anything about Marco's daughter, or the drug called Cherry Kiss. For everywhere else in the upper levels of the club, and on the dance floor, he would have to rely on his passive Awareness augmented by his enhanced senses of hearing (to pick up any related conversations) or sense of smell (to pick up any sense of wrongness in the smell of people afflicted by drugs, pheromones, ect.)

Lastly, he kept an eye out for this Hank figure, his partner in this matter. He'd heard from Marco that he was a problem solver in the city, but knew little else about him. Besides, Skaarin preferred to judge a man (or supernatural creature for that matter!) face to face.

7. - Top - End - #7

OrcBarbarianGuy

((Whoops! Forgot.))

Fate: 2

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

After a few more moments of studying the building, Natalia glances at Cara, "I may have a plan. If it agrees with you."

Spoiler
    Show

Contacts: Used a contact in the city property records department to find the most likely place for the case to be hidden. Contacts: [roll]4d3-8+3[/roll]

Scholarship: Set up a loop to replace the live camera feed. Scolarship: [roll]4d3-8+3[/roll]

Burglary (Casing) declare aspect Unguarded Delivery Entrance Burglary (Casing) [roll]4d3-8+4[/roll]

Last edited by Silver Night; 2013-02-16 at 09:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try those rolls again:

(4d3-5)[5]
    (4d3-5)[2]
    (4d3-4)[5]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Jason was set on edge as his spell dissolved. That shouldn't have happened. It was an evocation so simple even Malcolm shouldn't have had a problem with it. But he didn't act on his distress. There could be any number of explanations for why his spell had failed, and they weren't all malevolent. Or so Jason told himself.

Then Jason stumbled and the lights flickered. There was hostile magic at work, Jason was sure of it. He could feel it flowing through the room and it set his hair on end. But if he was going to do anything about it Jason would need to know exactly what he was dealing with. So he opened his Third Eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna open my Sight and take in the whole room. Here's the Assessment Roll.

Superb Lore:(4d3-3)[6]

11. - Top - End - #11

Kobold

I liked Marco well enough and while I didn't really get the whole father-daughter relationship (apparently nothing like mother-son ones). I still didn't like to see the guy hurting so i helped him out.

I start by doing some research on Cherry Kiss to try to find out what it looks like (pills, powder, injection, etc.) and what the affects are.

Spoiler
    Show
    Investigation +1
    (4d3-7)[2]

I get to the club dressed in fairly regulation bouncing attire (black dress shirt and black pants). I get there early and wait around for my partner. I had seen Skarrin before from that job a while back with the vampires at the museaum. He seemed a little busy at the time so I didn't get to introduce myself properly but he's pretty recognizable.

Once I see Skarrin pass security I stick to the darkness and shadow him whithout introducing myself and look for anything he might miss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth +4
    (4d3-4)[5]

12. - Top - End - #12

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jason:

Your Sight opens up the world beyond what mere mortals should perceive and offers you visions and understandings that you could never forget even if you wanted to. As you open your Third Eye a spasm runs down your spine and various pieces of light blind your vision momentarily. As you look around the room you notice that the lights come from various trinkets and items that Malcolm had crafted for various uses. You turn to Malcolm and that is when you get a clear view of the remainder of the room. Malcolm's walls are completely covered in sigils of protection to keep unwanted influences out and you are currently standing on a circle of power drawn out of invisible ink. When you notice the sigils you realize that instead of a steady and calm hum of peace the sigils are rapidly blinking in and out of existence. Your sight fixes on Malcolm and you momentarily see his normal appearance but behind those features you see a wide eye young man cloth in a White pristine robe with no traces of sludge or dirt in sight but then you notice the black tendrils. Heinous, foul and hideous things that have managed to wrap around Malcolm’s arms, legs, and midsection. The tendrils come from various directions up from the floor and through the walls of Malcolm’s flat. Malcolm suddenly tenses and screams a sharp and horrible sound and a stain appears on what use to be his pristine robes. A red stain makes its way spreading outwards from where Malcolm’s heart would be located. This red stain changes Malcolm’s robes from a pristine white to a much darker hue.

Spoiler
    Show
    You rolled really well and can decipher that Malcolm is being cursed. You know it’s no mental attack someone is specifically trying to attack his heart and if it keeps up it will kill him. Additionally, for some reason Malcolm is immobile. The sigils represent Malcolm’s threshold and you have seen that it is at least a Superb (+5) threshold and thanks to your roll you have one free tag of Malcolm’s Threshold aspect as well as a Circle of Power aspect.

Here is the intensity of what you perceived and what you have to defend against.

(4d3-2)[9]

13. - Top - End - #13

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Natalia:

Your contact at the city property records department informed you that Mocenigo owns various whole floors in the Pan Peninsula West Tower, the tallest of the two. However, most are currently rented to various individuals and only a select few remain vacant at all times. Those are the Penthouse, where Mocenigo stays whenever he visits, and a series of studio apartments located on the 47th Floor right underneath the exclusive cocktail bar, which is located on the 48th Floor. Your contact has also informed you that the studio apartments have undergone various renovations which include the installation of some high class security measures. In addition your contact has informed you that Mocenigo provides security for the entire Pan Peninsula building as an added appreciation to the Pan Peninsula staff.

Spoiler
    Show
    You do have an Unguarded Delivery Entrance aspect in place which you can get a free tag off of.
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-18 at 09:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Skaarin:

As you make your way through the club's various levels nothing odd stands out to you. Your sense of smell is completely hindered by smoke from various legal and illegal substances being inhaled and exhaled by the club patrons. Your sight is handicapped due to the very little lighting aside from various strobe lights in various colors. You look around for Hank but it seems he is nowhere to be found. You stop at the small bar located on the second floor sitting down on one of the bar stools and look down upon the dance floor.

"Are you a cop?" it takes you awhile to register that someone is talking to you but you turn around and come to face one of the bartenders. "I'm asking because Rico told me two guys where going to show up and if they wanted anything, its on the house. You're pretty muscular, huh, I see a lot of guys come in here who work out but you look like you were naturally born this way" You look at the bartender tending the bar only an arms length away. The bartender seems like a woman in her twenties very pretty but definitively not beautiful. Her hair is bleach white except for the ends which were dyed blood red. You can tell she's wearing contact lenses because her pupils are white but a hint of hazel can be detected underneath the lenses. She looked like a woman who just recently decided what she wanted to do with her life and was still trying to settle on her decision. She's wearing what can only be described as a Gothic bodice with various straps and zippers for decoration. In addition she also has fishnet arm sleeves on and various piercings on her ears.
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-18 at 10:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"The case is probably on one of the upper floors. Hopefully one of the studio apartments on the 47th floor. There's a delivery entrance around the side, it doesn't seem to have any regular guard on it. We will have to be careful of the cameras, though. That's probably our best way in." Natalia rubs her hands together, "At least even if it goes bad, we will be out of the cold. It is supposed to be warmer down here in the south."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Jason stared at his best friend lying there in excruciating agony. The sight forever burned into his mind. This is my fault, I should have seen this coming. I am always one step ahead, aren't I? So how could I not have seen this coming. I knew something was wrong, but I did nothing, because I didn't want to believe anything was wrong. I'm so sorry Malcolm.

Overcome with guilt and shame at his inability to protect his friend Jason summoned up every last scrap of power he could safely control, and then another big serving of power on top of that; focusing it all within the magic circle, forging his will into a knife sharper than any ever forged. With his will prepared he struck out against the tendrils, attacking their weakest point. The point where the Threshold was fighting vainly but valiantly to stop them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm taking the moderate social consequence Wracked With Guilt to negate the four points of Mental Stress from the sight. I am then summoning up seven shifts of power for a Spirit Counterspell, taking 3 points of Mental Stress to do so, and tagging both Aspects. Also I'm now focusing exclusively on the spell with regards to my Sight.

Control Roll: (4d3+1)[8]

Also can the fact that I didn't make an assessment of the spells strength and just went gonzo on it count as a Compel against my Consequence?

Stress
    Physical: [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Mental: [ ][ ][X][ ] (-4 Wracked With Guilt)
    Social: [ ][ ][ ]

Fate: 2
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2013-02-19 at 02:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hank:

The shadows of the club embrace you as you enter their domain and become completely invisible to the club inhabitants. Your previous research did not yield much results but you did learn that Cherry Kiss is a liquid substance usually dyed red and not cheap by any amount. As you stalk Skaarin throughout the club you notice something peculiar on the second floor. A dark haired and olive skin man seating on a dark corner of the club wearing a black vest, red dress shirt and black dress pants has been numerously approached by different club patrons. Additionally, every person that has approached the olive skin man has immediately headed towards the bathroom where a second man dressed in a similar fashion except for a black dress shirt, a red vest and a shaved head has immediately followed them. A few minutes later both individuals would exit at different intervals. This exchange has occurred about five times since you realized something has been going on. As your gaze falls on the olive skin man once again sitting by himself on the corner booth you notice that he has been starring your way and suddenly he winks at you.

18. - Top - End - #18

OrcBarbarianGuy

Skaarin had just pulled back his dreadlocks into a thick ponytail to get down to business when he heard someone speaking to him. Turning, he regarded the bartender, blinking in surprise at her opener. He blinked again, surprised that she could have been right there and he hadn't noticed it. The lights and the overwhelming smells must be throwing him off more than usual tonight. He gave her a quick once over, and mentally sighed. His type, too. He would have to work to keep on task, and figure out what was going on here.

"Lots of incentive to say yes, then... but no, not a cop."
    He began, giving a warm smile back to the girl. He didn't intend on throwing her off balance right off the bat, but she'd slipped up in giving a stranger a pathway straight to free booze without checking up first. "I am one of the two guys, though." He said, working to put her back on her feet again, and extended a hand towards her. "Skaarin. Pleased to meet you. Marco's got me looking into some things around here."

Careful, he told himself, cute goth girls can tend to have non-plastic fangs if you let your guard down around them on occasion. -Especially- when they're complimenting you. Still, she worked here and from the look of her, she seemed new enough to notice anything out of the ordinary. It was part of his job, after all. Worst case scenario, she wound up trying to make a move on him, and he'd deal with her. Best case scenario... focus... well, he'd wind up with another contact that he could keep tabs with, and have another set of eyes in Soho. That was always a plus.

Thus, the berserker took a second to turn around on the bar and face her directly, still holding his warm smile, "What's your name?" he asked. When she gave it, he used it in turn "I don't need a drink, but if you're offering, what I could use is information, if you have any." He waited for an affirmation, then continued, beginning his line of questioning, "How much do you know about what happened with the owner's daughter? Have you seen anything particularly weird going on around the club? I know there's a lot of people doing stuff all over the place... but have you ever heard of Cherry Kiss?"

He waited after each question, allowing her time to answer before continuing anew. He asked her for a scrap of paper and wrote down his cell number as well, and slid it across the bar to her, "In case you hear or see something, or need a hand." he said with a smile, and turned a bit in his seat, looking around the bar for the big man named Hank. He had to be around here somewhere...

19. - Top - End - #19

Kobold

I wink back and move so that there's a pillar or somthing between me and the olive skinned man. I send Skarrin a text message on my mobile.

**Hank here been shadowing u al nite. 2nd floor dk hair rd shirt blk vest ppl go2 him, go2 wc w/ baldy blkshirt rdvest, exit l8er. he saw me, mor ur spd neways**

I go back to skulking around trying to keep an eye Skarrin, Baldy, and Mr. Olive.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've been told that WC is british slang for the toilet. I have 4 characters left if that wasn't clear any way.

2 fate, no stress, no consequences

20. - Top - End - #20

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jason:

As your will manifests and strengthens Malcolm's threshold the sigils surrounding the apartment glow supernaturally bright. They suddenly stop blinking and instead hum with peaceful settlement. The black tendrils are cut cleanly off severing them from their source and dissipating what pieces were left in the apartment. With your Sight still open you notice ghostly visions of where the tendrils invaded the apartment and you know that this place will be tainted for years to come. You notice Malcolm laying on the kitchen floor ghostly pale and inhumanly still. The red stain larger than ever before.

Suddenly, the door burst inwards and off its hinges. Two white skinned men dressed in red tracksuits sporting shaved heads stand by the door. Your Sight falls upon them and you see their true features. Their eyes are dark and sunken, and their faces look haunted. You can clearly see the veins on their faces which seem to be pumping a black and red substance throughout their bodies.

One of them, the one that has entered the room since the other one is still in the hallway, notices you and that is when you realize that they are both armed with Uzi sub machine guns. He raises his firearm and prepares to fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of things you can take make an Assessment on what you just perceived with your Sight but either way you have to do a mental defense. Also, roll Alertness for combat initiative. I think it would be easier to do both rolls in the OoC thread. That way I can just edit in your assessment in this post.

Mental Attack
    (4d3-5)[3]

InitiativeAlertness
    (4d3-7)[1]

Great Assessment roll here is what you know is going on. These two track suit wearing gentlemen are under the Red Court influence. You have seen this enough during the Vampire War to recognize somebody that is enthralled to a Red Court Vamp. From the looks of their souls/minds/whatever, due to your Sight, you can perceive that they have been Red Court supporters for a long time now.

You won the Mental Defense so you can close your Sight. Please write it into your post.

And you get to move first Sir.
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-21 at 10:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Skaarin:

Quote Originally Posted by Raetog View Post
    "I am one of the two guys, though." He said, working to put her back on her feet again, and extended a hand towards her. "Skaarin. Pleased to meet you. Marco's got me looking into some things around here."
    "Well I figured you're one the two guys, you can call it an educated guess. I hope you don't take this as an insult but you weren't really trying to blend in. You weren't dancing, drinking, or hitting on anybody." As you extend your arm towards her she makes no motion to shake yours. "You'll excuse me if I come off rude but I've worked here for at least a year now and I've learned to keep to myself." she says as her hands work behind the bar and out of your sight.

"What's your name?" he asked. When she gave it, he used it in turn "I don't need a drink, but if you're offering, what I could use is information, if you have any." He waited for an affirmation, then continued, beginning his line of questioning, "How much do you know about what happened with the owner's daughter? Have you seen anything particularly weird going on around the club? I know there's a lot of people doing stuff all over the place... but have you ever heard of Cherry Kiss?"
    "I'm Claire and I guess I can help you but I really don't know what I could tell you. I've heard of Cherry Kiss, disgustingly enough I've lost the little ignorance I had since I started working here. This place can sometimes bring in the worst people imaginable." she says as she looks around worriedly. "As far as Amy's death you might be better off talking to Rico or Patrick they're the ones who found the body. My god that is just depressing to say I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it." she shudders as she finishes the sentence and then pours a drink for a patron sitting three chairs to your right.

He asked her for a scrap of paper and wrote down his cell number as well, and slid it across the bar to her, "In case you hear or see something, or need a hand." he said with a smile, and turned a bit in his seat
    She hands you a dirty napkin and accepts when you're done writing your number down. "If you want some advice talk to Rico during the morning. He's much more calm once the club is empty and I know he comes off as an *******, and sometimes he is, but believe it or not he's a sweet guy. And was really fond of Amy. Some people just grief in different ways." As Claire finishes she leaves the bar and starts cleaning up different tables, and picking up empty bottles, within close proximity. You notice she's wearing a low black skirt and can spy a tattoo that runs up her back. Then your phone rings with a message.
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-21 at 12:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Natalia starts around the building toward the side entrance, doing her best not to be seen by the guards or exterior cameras.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (4d3-5)[0]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Fighting against the onslaught of sensory input Jason managed to close his Sight. He would have sighed in relief, but the guys with guns put a severe damper on his mood. They were humans, if Red Court pawns, so he would have to knock them unconscious rather than kill them. Of course such a line of thought was a bit premature. Jason's first priority was of course to stay alive, so gathering his will together Jason muttered "Invictus" and turned on his Spider Sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting a Rote Spell, specifically Spider Sense.

Stress
    Mental: [X][ ][X][ ] (-4 Wracked With Guilt)

Fate:

24. - Top - End - #24

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Natalia & Cara:

The Pan Peninsula West Tower has a circular driveway entrance that leads into the lobby where one can find various shops, a restaurant/bar, and a private cinema. You notice as you approach the West Tower that the ground floor of the building is occupied with various residents that seem to be enjoying the many luxuries provided by the Pan Peninsula staff. You hear the train as it whirls by on its regular schedule and smell the river and its many aromas. You also see the various cameras and Canary Wharf Security Guards patrolling the area around the building. While the Pan Peninsula building has its own security team the outside of the building is protected by Canary Wharf.

As both of you approach the side of the Pan Peninsula West Tower you lose your balance and fall face forward. You hear footsteps headed your way and a gentleman helps you to your feet. He is of African descent black skinned, short cropped black hair and wearing black pants which is part of a Canary Wharf Security uniform. "Do you ladies need some help?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is a Google Maps link. It seems the building at the time is still under construction but it should give you a visual aid. Remember we can still change things around it is our version of London.

http://goo.gl/maps/G46LG

Spoiler
    Show

This can provide you an idea of what the buildings layouts are like but this is not necessarily blueprints for the building you are casing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-23 at 08:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Cara grinned, "Sneaking 'eh? You lead, I'll follow.." she answered, and reflected with the benefit of hind sight, it might have been good to check the place out first. Or 'case the joint' in modern parlance.

She creeped along behind Nat as they snuck up to the building, so intent on following her exactly that she almost followed her right to the ground!

Spoiler
    Show

messed it up >_<
    Last edited by ChaoticSky; 2013-02-21 at 11:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(4d3-7)[-1]

Infact, she probably did...
    Last edited by ChaoticSky; 2013-02-21 at 11:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

OrcBarbarianGuy

The berserker frowned slightly when Claire seemed fearful of some of the club's patrons, and turned, glancing around as if to make assessments of the rabble, even amongst the chaos. He nodded at her suggestion to talk with Rico in the morning. It was a fair lead, and as she moved away to go about her duties he gave a quick, "Thanks for the help. Stay safe around here, eh? And call if you need anything."

Right about then, his phone vibrated, and he eyed down at it on the barstool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Swindle89 View Post

**Hank here been shadowing u al nite. 2nd floor dk hair rd shirt blk vest ppl go2 him, go2 wc w/ baldy blkshirt rdvest, exit l8er. he saw me, mor ur spd neways**
    After a few seconds to decipher the coding, the dreadlocked man tucked his phone away and headed to the locale that Hank had outlined. He was playing it stealthily it seemed.. and from Claire's quick realization of who he was, it seemed that Skaarin had best do some as well. On his way towards Black Vest, he stopped several times to watch the dance floor, and even paused to flirt with a pair of women, simply to make himself less of a sore thumb sticking out. He felt a little bad doing it, but his eyes were always kept on Hank's mark.

After he'd gotten a better feeling about the man, he moved to approach. The straight-line approach hadn't steered him wrong before, and he didn't consider a fight to be a wrong approach. There was little else he could do, by his thoughts, than go up to the man and see what happened.

Destiny would take it from there.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Natalia stands with a bit of a wobble, "Oh, it is all this snow! I was thinking I leave all this behind, yes?"

Her accent, Cara may notice, seems to have become noticeably thicker, "We were looking for the door, but I seem to be all turned topsy turvy!"

Spoiler
    Show

(4d3-5)[3] for deceit, as needed.

29. - Top - End - #29

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jason:

The tracksuit wearing thug that is inside of the apartment fires his Uzi in your direction but instead of trying to harm you he is instead attempting to keep you away from them.

The second tracksuit wearing thug enters the apartment walks over to Malcolm, pulls him up from the floor and throws Malcolm over his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zones:
    Zone 1 = Jason. Living room/bedroom entrance.
    Zone 2 = Thug 1, 2 & Malcolm. Kitchen/apartment entrance.
    Zone 3 = Apartment hallway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thug 1 is creating a block against you. It's a movement block so if you want to move forward you have to surpass it.

Block (Guns) - (4d3-6)[4]

Thug 2 is trying to carry Malcolm.

Might (If he beats a 2 he successfully got a hold of Malcolm and can move next turn) (he also takes a -1 for moving 1 zone) - (4d3-7)[-2]

Okay well that was crap. I'm spending a FP to give myself a re-roll. Which was a 0 I'll take it anyways but it's still crap.

You're next Sanguine.

GM FP for scene: 21
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-02-23 at 09:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Jason couldn't help but smile at the sheer incompetence of these goons. The second thug just could not get a good hold of Malcolm no matter what he did. And the first was laying down suppressive fire, suppressive fire for crying out loud; Jason was a frickin' Wizard. He could use his shield to just walk through the bulletfire, or he could hex the Uzi, or most importantly, as this was actually what he was going to do, he could just take them out without moving an inch closer to them. The Reds really need to get themselves some better help. I mean this is just sad.

Seeing that the thug had tired himself out trying to move Malcolm Jason decided to go for him first. Muttering something in Turkish Jason reached out a curled hand and pulled all of the air away from the thug's head. This would be a delicate spell, holding it for a just a few second too long could kill the target rather than knock him unconscious. But Jason was confident he could do it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay first off is an Alertness Declaration to put the Aspect "Out of Breath" on Thug 2. Then I follow that up with a Weapon:5 Air Attack against Thug 2 tagging that Aspect if I successfully created it. Since it's 5 shifts of Power from an Air Evocation I'll take 1 point of Mental stress.

Edit: Invoking two Aspects, see OOC.

Alertness:(4d3-7)[2]

Discipline:(4d3-3)[3]-1+4=6

Stress
    Mental: [X][X][X][ ] (-4 Wracked With Guilt)

Fate: 0
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2013-02-23 at 06:34 PM.