New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

"My friend, I will take all three of those off your hands. Totaled, that would be... 106 gold, correct?" Thurod asks, as he reaches for his gold pouch.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC)Planning to give him 110 gold instead, to be nice. (/OOC)
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Umm, yes sir. One hundred and six gold for all of them," He said with a nod. Looking a bit concerned he piles up the scrolls for you and asks, "Would you like me to bind them for you sir?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

3. - Top - End - #93

"Yes, please do." Thurod replied, as he counted out the 110 pieces he was leaving the man.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Grad walks up to the temple of Wee Jas, looking at the many different colors of potions on display.
    "Wot potions do you have for sale? Anything particularly interesting?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Issath walks up to the counter at the bar and asks for the drink that Frandol had recommended to him. He sips it a little at a time and after 3 sips slowly starts feeling weird... "Whoa... what is in this drink? It taste good... but makes me feel weird... like... whoa..." mumbles Issath with his face still in the cup.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

6. - Top - End - #96

---The Bar---
    Tugging on Issath the Gnome makes sure that he sits down in a corner seat, "Just some Derlaynna Mead for the two of us. Don't worry about him. I'll pay for both of us," Gravious said to the barkeeper when he came by. Turning to Issath he says, "So you're curious about Naveris huh. Well as I said she's very serious about when something comes to her job. There's a story behind it. But the short of it is that she's trying to find a new profitable trade route. Personally though I think she just loves to explore."

"Here you go, that'll be two silver," said the barkeep as he puts down the mugs. After Issath starts drinking he laughs and says, "Funny. Say, if he can down three of them without passing out it'll be half-off."

---Wee Jas Temple---
    The temple seems more modest than the other ones you've come across. Still towering over you at around thirty-six feet high, it isn't as tall as the walls surrounding the city. It's walls are slabs of a speckled granite and stylized to look like rough-hewn stone. Large open windows dominate much of it's outer surface. At the top of the bell tower is the holy symbol of Wee Jas, and right below it is a plague with a common prayer inscribed in a rough, yet flowery language. Below it are the temple doors, having been opened for the sale they're currently having.

The dwarven priest you addressed gives you a polite smile, "Hello there. Feel free to browse through our stock at your leisure. You may buy each potion individually, but we will provide discounts to you if you wish to buy in bulk," He says calmly after you finish. Closing the distance he continues, "Most of our stock are healing potions of various strengths. However we do carry a few specialty potions that may be of interest to you," Bringing you to a rack closer to the door he says, "These flasks were made by a traveling alchemist who wished to repay us for providing him shelter. With the help of our priests he was able to bind water creation magics into the fluids within. Breaking it open inside a barrel, or other container, will cause it to create several gallons of fresh drinkable water. Each one costs ninety gold, but if you wish to buy the entire case of four it'll only be two hundred an twenty-five."

Sylvan, Knowledge (Religion:Wee Jas) DC:10
    Spoiler
    Show
    The prayer below the holy symbol is "At birth, Promise. In life, Service. To death, Continuity"

---Wizard in the Streets---
    Rolling up the two cantrip scrolls he pulls out a small piece of twine. After wrapping them up with the other scroll, he takes the gold you provide and slides the scrolls up to you.

"Um, sir. This is more than we agreed on, I can't accept this!" He exclaimed, holding out four of the gold pieces, each one nestled between his fingers.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

As Frandol began walking with the two he recalls the map layout, and it's surprising similarity to an illusion symbol he has learned of, he can't help but wonder what is Greytower's connection to the Styom's wheel sign, to be sure, he looks down at the ground, squints and concentrates on feeling that "Ninth Sense" he was taught and refined by his mentor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ninth Sense:perceiving the presence of magic, in this context Frandol turns on his magic sensitivity, and tries to sense any magic in the ground, as well as his surroundings and the sky.

Frandol entered with Issath and Gravious, he took out and split a chunk of bread from his pack, then seat next to the gnome and added:
    "-And a pint of wine and some bread for me, my good man!"Looking at Frandol he takes a succession of quick, large bites from his own bread before the owner returned with his wine and food.
    "It'sh, errh, Dwarphen Courtishee thu eatsh shomfink bephor tshrinkink."
    Spoiler
    Show
    his mouth is full, but he's kind of saying "It's, err, dwarven courtesy to eat something before drinking."
    I haven't decided if it's a lie, a real custom or a custom Frandol is exploiting to pig out guilt free, but you believe what you want. If it is a real custom, imagine how smart they were then by not drinking themselves silly on an empty stomach...

Frandol strongly swallows the food in his mouth, and stretched his hand towards the gnome:
    Where're me manners? Call me Frandol, I don't think we have properly met.
    -----------
    "Wow, look at the lad's nose! What was in that mead?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-25 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #98

BlackDragon

Elestil accompanies Grad to the temple of Wee Jas. He browses through the potions, considering whether to make a purchase.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the temple, he keeps an eye out for the following: a general store/market for blankets/clothing, a bookshop, and an Elven specialty shop. No idea if the latter two will exist, but his eyes are open.

9. - Top - End - #99

----Elestil----
    Looking over the potions on display, you find that all of the weaker potions are priced in increments of thirty gold. Each rack contains anywhere from four to eight potions, with many of them already marked and paid for. Of the magical potions, very few remain available for purchase.

Moving along after making your choices you find it easy enough to find a general market of sorts. A merchants caravan has set up shop near the town square, selling a variety of exotic items for this region, including silk. A clothier is down on the next street over, across from a more generic fabrics store. You don't happen to find any book or specialty stores, but you do notice that there are many houses and stores designed for the smaller humanoids. This is normal enough considering that the land was originally settled by Halflings and Gnomes.

---The Bar---
    When the bartender comes by with your order he smiles when you mumble from a full mouth, "There's no need to hide your food. We don't mind you brings some in, it makes it easier to prove ours is better!" He says laughing a bit as he walks away.

"I've seen you with the others. That's all the introduction I need. Name's Gravious by the way," The Gnome said shaking your hand, "I'll be one of your drivers for the trip. So don't worry about us slowing you down. The wagons and horses were picked out for their speed and endurance."

10. - Top - End - #100

BlackDragon

---Wee Jas Temple---
    Elestil asks the dwarven priest if there are any potions that provide warmth in snowy weather. He purchases some if any are to be found, and either way he moves on to the market.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there any potions of Endure Elements, Elestil will take up to a half-dozen or so. They would be 30gp each, correct?

---Market---
    Elestil heads first for the clothier, addressing the shopkeeper.

"Greetings! What have you in the way of cold weather apparel, for a fellow of my stature? I'm afraid business will soon be taking me outside the shelter of Trenchfork, and I do believe a warmer coat and cloak, a hat, a scarf, and some nice, warm gloves would do me quite well. Oh!, and do you have any heavy winter blankets?" He smiles expectantly.

11. - Top - End - #101

Thurod smiled warmly at the man, "Yes you can. Think of it as a bonus. I have no need for the coins, as of this moment anyway, so keep them, please."
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Issath puts the drink down with barely even a sip of it missing and looks at Gravious and mumbles "I hihgly regt do this..." slurring his speak slowly looking over at Frandol and placing his hand on his chest and tugging on his beard "WHY DO DWARVES HAVE SUCH HAIRY FACES! I WANT A HAIR FACE, A FACE OF HAIRY FACENESS!" he shouts before falling down into his seat grabbing his drink and "whispering" "I never wanted to go on an adventure... I wanted to just stay at the monastery and meditate all day... maybe meet a girl and potentially enjoy a long eternity of 'Heart dancing' for the rest of forever... but no... I decided to be stupid and now I'm stuck here working with a bunch of people I barely know... My butt hurts..." and Issath immediately returns to his drink mumbling into each drink "I just want to become a 'true' master..."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I LOVE playing drunk Anyway~ Issath is currently drunk enough to not tell half-truths so asking questions is all good

13. - Top - End - #103

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Grad asks the dwarf "hold on there, how many gallons is 'several gallons of drinkable water'? If I'm going to pay 90 gold for one, I would like to know."
    Overhearing Elestil ask about potions that can protect from the cold, he interjects "Oh, and I would like some of those too."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Frandol is surprised, a Derlaynna mead should not get you drunk after 3 pints, much less one, he steals a sip from Issath's drink to see what the fuss is about.
    "Pardon me, boy, but a 'true' master of what?
    He thinks for a moment. monastery... Great Forefather's ghost - Are you a monk!?
    Frandol's face paled in concern, back in his homeland, tempting one to violate one's abstinence is considered a sin punishable by great misfortune upon him, his children, and their children. more if said person dedicated his life to such discipline(like a monk). and Frandol does NOT need that burden on top of his already difficult life.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-26 at 06:27 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #105

Looking surprised, he slowly retracts the gold making sure that you could still take them if you change your mind. Smiling he says, "Oh, thank you sir, I won't forget this."

Holding the gold, he stays quiet for a while before setting them back down. Leaving them within your reach he says meekly, "Um... Actually sir, if I may be so bold. I was wondering if you could spare ten more gold. I'm getting a bit weak from all of the scrolls I've been making... and I'm very close to what I've been saving up to," Looking at you he seems to be pleading, "I'll pay you back as soon as I can, multiple times over. So could you please spare an extra ten gold?"

---Wee Jas Temple---
    "I see, very well then. Each one should produce up to six gallons of water, for a total of twenty-four gallons with all four. Which would be enough for at least three months of travel," The priest replied to your question, "I will add however, that you should be careful when using them. As the magics will only fill a container up to what it can hold, no more than that. The price was set in respect for the laws of this land, and is the minimum allowable for magic of this strength."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elestil was able to find seven potions of Endure Elements. Only the first five were at thirty gold, the other two were priced at ninety and one hundred-twenty gold respectively.(Caster levels 3 and 5)

----Elestil----
    The Halfling clothier is startled when she sees you, barely holding back a shriek when you smiled. When she notices that you don't seem hostile, she says, "Oh, ummm... Hello there. Looking for some warmer clothes then. Yes, yes that's what you asked for, hehe."

---The Bar---
    Gravious bends down and helps Issath back to his seat. Snapping his fingers before Issath, the Gnome comments, "No one should be able to get drunk this fast. Not even someone who's never even smelled alcohol before," Looking Issath in the eye's he asks, "By Garl. When was the last time you've eaten lad?"
    Last edited by Egneil; 2012-10-26 at 01:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"And what would happen if I broke one by mistake? Or what if I threw one at something? I might be interested in buying all 4, as well as some endure elements, and maybe a couple to cure injuries."
    Grad says, as he starts counting out platinum coins.

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

---Wee Jas Temple---
    Elestil takes 3 of the cheaper potions, leaving the other 2 for Grad. He then asks the cleric, "What benefits do these higher-priced potions offer?" No matter the response, he remains unconvinced and hands over 90 gold pieces for the potions.

---Clothier---
    "Ah, do not be alarmed. Not all goblins are violent murderers, just as not all halflings are violent murderers! I will admit, however, that the percentages are not exactly in my favor. Yet here I am, a civilized and paying customer." Elestil produces a handful of silver and absently begins counting the coins. "So, what have you?"

18. - Top - End - #108

Thurod looked thoughtful, stroking his chin, "Ten more gold, you say?" He mused, looking intently at the young Wizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Check:(1d20+4)[10]
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-26 at 05:41 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

"Yes sir, I'm trying to save up to help prepare me- myself for graduation," He said, still fidgeting with his fingers, "Once I'm done with school, I'll be able to leave the school grounds with my spellbook. So I'll be able to pay you back afterwords."

Thurod
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't think that he's trying to lie to you or hide anything. Instead it feels like the subject he's dancing around is more sensitive or embarrassing.

---Wee Jass Temple---
    The priest smiles when you finish and replies, "The flasks contain effects that are nearly identical to the spell it was based on. As such it will attempt to fill any container no matter how large. If broken in the air, it should create it's full volume taking up as little space as possible." Point to a table farther away from the temple he says, "I believe that we still have some healing potions available, you'll be able to find them on that table."
    Spoiler
    Show
    NOTE: The healing potions still available include the potions from from the OoC shopping list.

Looking through the table you find a full rack (8 potions) of cure moderate wounds, and a rack (6 potions) of cure light wounds. The first one costs two hundred-twenty gold each, while buying the entire rack costing only one hundred platinum. The other set of potions cost one hundred gold each, with the entire rack costing only four hundred-fifty gold. Amongst the other racks is a set of three potions of cure minor wounds, costing forty gold. Three potions of cure light wounds, two of which cost ninety gold while the other one costs one hundred-fifty gold. And one potion of cure serious wounds, costing forty platinum.

---The Clothier---
    "Hehehe, yes. You seem civil enough I suppose," The Halfling said, still overcoming her shock, "I suppose I should do the same. It's only the polite thing to do," Taking note of the coins you're holding she tries her best to calm her nerves. Pointing out the manikins next to the counter, she says, "We have a few styles that you can choose from. Look then over and let me know which one you'd like."
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's no mechanical benefit for the different styles, it's nothing but fluff.
    Last edited by Egneil; 2012-10-27 at 12:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Issath looks over at Frandol and mumbles "An Ascended Master! Duh! They only have the coolest jobs ever... They just sit around all day, meditating and trying to figure out the flaws in the universe... It's the coolest job ever... Don't even need a body to do it... Just float around in the 5th dimension all day not having to deal with jack and diddly... I just wanted to do nothing all day... I got this awesome body, but nobody likes me... Nobody thinks I'm attractive or anything... I always wanted to be a clown! but now I'm a Monk... I hate being a Monk, but it ain't no sin to drink... Hell, they encourage us to do whatever makes us happy... Just gotta follow the rules of the world and the universe and all the things... I hate those rules... Mumbles Issath as he knocks Gravious off his drink and fully consumes the entire cup in one go and falls back into his chair half asleep and turning at Frandol "Do I look pretty? he says as he starts sobbing...

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I told you Issath was a tea-toddler... I just decided to add in Depressed Drunk as well

...So I guess you're all reaching consensus that I'm not allowed to drink as Issath ever again?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

O'course you do, Issath,Frandol reassured him, having been drinking with a multitude of people and races taught him a little something about handling people who can't handle a drink. He picks Issath from shoulder, and gestures Gravious to grab the other."Except it's called 'handsome' when applied to men...try to get up, boy, I think the watering hole is not for you"
    Frandol pockets what is left of the bread, pays the tavern keeper what he owes him and leaves half his drink behind. Constantly thanking Moradin in his mind that Issath was, as far as he can tell, not that kind of monk...
    After a bit, Frandol asks Gravious:
    I understand you talked to him earlier,too, I met the lad before, and back then he couldn't tell left from right, do you have a clue what in the blazes he was talking about?

Spoiler
    Show
    Frandol isn't aware of this mind bending business, but it sure will be fun to try to find out.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if we collected the initial payment, but if/when we have, Frandol will search with his share for the following once this thing with the bar is over:
    • parchment and other scrollcrafting supplies as he deemed necessary. Equivalent up to 600 gold as valued in the player's handbook, equivalent for you're appraisal, Egneil.
    • A heavy blanket and warm winter's clothes.
    • A cheap bottle of wine(if not at the market, he will try back at the shimmering dragon), and small bottle of dwarven Brängk(a whiskey-like concoction patented by dwarves)
    • If he spots one, a small bauble, toy, or other such Northriver-empiriana that reminds him of home.

I'd appreciate knowing exactly what I've found and how much I spent to correctly add to inventory, Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-27 at 06:02 AM.

My Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #112

BlackDragon

Elestil looks over the selections with a discerning eye, taking in the thickness, patterns, colors, and other differences between the clothes. At long last, he chooses a colorful assortment of articles that do not match. Bringing them to the counter, he addresses the halfling woman, "These look to do the trick. How much will they cost me?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll take a Cold Weather Outfit (8 gp by SRD prices) and a Winter Blanket (5 sp).

23. - Top - End - #113

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Grad walks around the temple, picking up potions, before depositing them in front of the dwarven cleric.
    "I'll take all these. That should be... 50 platinum, 5 gold, right?" He says, as he places the coins on the counter.
    Ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    one cure moderate, 2 endure elements, and the set of 4 create water potions

24. - Top - End - #114

---Wee Jas Temple---
    "Yes that is the correct amount," The priest says accepting the coins, "Thank you for your patronage. The church of Wee Jas thanks you."

---The Clothier---
    Still unsettled by your presence the halfling takes a moment to reply, "That'll, that will be only eight gold sir. Just take the blanket for free."

---The Bar---
    Grvious grabs the other shoulder and helps you carry him. Turning to Frandol he asks, "So where do we plan on taking him? Should we head back to the caravan?" Patting Issath on the shoulder he re-balances himself, as he does so he says, "And yeah I talked with him earlier. Seemed a bit scatter brained and naive. But he has a good enough soul," Taking a breath he continues in his normal quick speech, "He wanted to take a look at the lead boxes. Used those special gloves there to do it. Turns out that he's a mindbender and can just look at where the box's have been. You know about mindbenders right?"

Keeping an eye on the market streets you try to take note of where various shops are. You don't think that your route will take you close to the town square, but you do notice a small Mage's guildhall near the bar. So you can expect to find a good amount magic item supplies.

Looking up at the sky you notice that a little over an hour has passed. You figure that the advance scout should be reporting in within a few minutes.

25. - Top - End - #115

"In that case, my young friend, take the additional ten gold, with my blessing. And as for paying me back, do not worry yourself. I will be out of this town for quite a while, after all." Thurod murmured warmly as he handed over the extra money, picked up the scrolls and placed them into his Bag of Holding.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

DwarfBarbarianGuy

after depositing all of the potions in his bag, Grad hurries off to the clothing store to find a warm coat.
    after walking in and looking around the shop, to the halfling running the shop "I'm looking for a winter coat. Do you have anything in my size?"

27. - Top - End - #117

Taking the gold he smiles at you and says, "Thank you sir, this means a lot to me. I won't worry about paying you back, but I never leave myself in debt."

Having put the gold up his left sleeve he heads off waving goodbye to you.

28. - Top - End - #118

BlackDragon

Elestil understands the halfling's unease. It's all too common a reaction to the goblin, and it's why he sometimes masquerades as a halfling when he does his shopping in strange towns. But everyone around here seems to be taking him at face value, and even the halfling is being civil enough.. if terrified. He wishes he could do something more to make his good intentions clear. But really he wished his fellow goblins would stand up and act with kindness. Most goblins remained ruthless and selfish and aggressive, but then again, that's all they've ever seen. Elestil idly wonders if halflings and elves would do any better, if they were born into the place of the goblins.

He hands 10 gold pieces to the halfling shopkeeper, replying, "You've been most kind, gentle lady. May your business thrive and bring you much fortune."

With that, Elestil turns quickly and leaves the shop. He starts back through the general market, looking to see if anyone is vending hot food.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

After they leave The Shimmering Dragon Tavern, Frandol peeks at the sky, it couldn't have been too long since they have previously walked this path."I think it would be best to leave him somewhere he could be watched over, Moradin knows a drunken man best not sleep alone." Frandol repositions his grip on Issath with a gentle grunt."merciful ghosts, the lad ain't faking..."
    "well, if you planned on returning to your post after this" Frandol resumed, "would it impose you if we lay him in the wagon as you keep an eye open on the boy? Just until I come back from me errands, I shan't reckon it long."
    Letting Gravious talk he asks:
    "Mindbenders? No I have not, are they some magic cult? If so he should know better than stare through lead, anyone who knows anything on magic could tell ye that."

As they walk through the streets he remembers the maps, particularly the Map showing Kerjat and Greytower, and now he remembers where he has seen such a pattern before, He subtly tries to feel the magic around him, and sense if any such presence exists around here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Sensitive - ON.
    Spellcraft(if needed)(1d20+16)[28]
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-29 at 01:38 PM.

My Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #120

---The Clothier---
    Taking the coins she says as you're leaving, "Thank you for shopping, and may your path bring you fortune."

Outside, Elestil walks around the various merchants that are selling food that's exotic for the region. Among them are some that you recognize from Riverkeep, small bean wraps, skewered meat cooked in a special glaze, and various assorted pastries. Along the square are a few restaurants and taverns offering a variety of stuffed meats and roasted seeds.

Grad finds the clothier easy enough after finding the town square. Inside the Halfling looks at you for a moment seemingly not hearing your question. Snapping out of it she speaks in a rather flat voice, "Oh yes. You're looking for warm clothes as well," She points out a set of manikins as she continues, still overcoming her shock, "You'll find a variety of sizes and styles as well as a few winter blankets. If you need anything other than that feel free to ask me."

---Frandol, Issath---
    "Magic?" Gravious replied with a quizzical look before shaking his head, "No. From what I understand about his powers he doesn't use magic. I'm not exactly sure maybe Naveris would know more. Also I don't think that he was trying to look through the boxes. It seemed more like he was trying to look into their past. At least that's what it seemed like when I talked with him," With a shrug he continues to help you carry him, "I don't think that a wagon would be the best place for him. There's another tent on the far side of the stables that we used to rest while we waited for you guys to arrive."

Frandol
    Spoiler
    Show
    Focusing on your surroundings through your sense of magic you don't find much more than you did before. You find the presence of magic in the items you expected it to be in. But beyond it you can sense none in the streets or air around you. Remembering that Gravious said Issath used his gloves to investigate the boxes, you turn your attention to them. Looking at them you find no magic there. No matter how long you look you don't find even a speck. In fact, nothing on Issath has any magic in it at all, safe for his pack.

----Thurod----
    As the young wizard heads off you decide to look at other magic items. You know that the local Mage's hall will buy almost any magic item, either as a base for other enchantments, or to auction off for some extra gold. However, you may be able to buy these items from merchants before they're marked up by the guild. No one with unused magic items would flaunt them in town where they can be stolen from the local thieves. Instead you use your knowledge of enchantment to find potential items, and then speak with the merchants to see if they're willing to sell.
    Last edited by Egneil; 2012-10-31 at 09:33 PM.