New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

Thurod smiled toothily at the man, his smaller than average fangs showing, "Thank you for your re-assurances, my compatriot. So, remind me, what are you working on now that you have just saved? Last I saw you, you were just finishing your last masterpiece, so I am curious as to this one."

Spoiler
    Show
    Figured we could fill the gap of Newcomer with some roleplaying of our characters, PZ.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, Thurod, My previous work always took it's inspiration from New-Elvish Growthism, which, as I've told ye many times, is art that "evolves" before one's eyes with further examination."
    The round Artist bends down on his knees, frisking the grass for his brush.
    "However," his arms begin to move more violently. "What is...Special, about this piece is... That it also needs to –yes! Thank the pantheon!"
    Quickly Frandol draws his paintbrush from the grass, swipes some dirt off it, and rises to his feet while grasping it tightly.
    He turns to his tall, fanged friend with a smile on his face.
    "Right then...what was I on about?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2013-04-03 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #303

With a chuckle, Thurod gestures toward the man, "Your current piece of work and what is special about it? And the inspiration for it?" He reminds Frandol, thoroughly enjoying his friend's energy for his passion.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, I do believe I was." Frandol looks about him, taking a deep, energetic sigh of reflection, he begins once more to work on the piece.
    "this masterpiece takes on Growthistic art to new heights, for you see, this is a piece made on request by great and powerful warlock who isolates himself in a tall tower way to the Far West, he sought for a frame he may use to 'view the world for it's beauty' with his red, elven eyes, and is willing to pay handsomely for it.
    "I am, unfortunately, not the only one he had turned to take on this immensely baffling task, which makes finishing this work first all the more important, he holds much influence on his region, and I would be proud for my work to stand in his treasury."

Stroking with delicate accuracy and speed he withdraws his hand quickly to cough.
    "I can tell you more if you are interested, but thou my not retell an utterance."
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2013-04-04 at 08:32 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #305

"You know that I will always keep your secrets, as I trust you to always keep mine. Please, do tell me more." The Half-Orc murmurs, leaning forward from his seat, intent on listening to Frandol's every word.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2013-04-04 at 10:01 AM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

And thus I know, but... The stocky person fiddles with his brush as the paint-soaked bristles breaks through a link of his facial hair, specifically the ones radiating an Orchid pink glimmer.
    "Alright, I suppose I could tell you. Frandol lays his brush on a platform crafted on the easel, the brush now clean of any stain and soil. and As approaches tiny pink droplets quickly protrude from the streak and begin dripping down down from the tips of the orchid lock. you may have seen this habit before, but it always has an eerie feel as the streak remains so perfect, almost "rejecting" all forms of tarnishing.

As Frandol extends his hand and lip towards your ear, he whispers with an almost insufferable hoarse pitch, accompanied by a piercing whistle escaping as he utters certain sounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I believe the secret to fulfilling the sorcerer's wishes lies in illusions and Divinations, as I paint this canvas layer on layer and by layer, All it would take then to perfect it is a spell, I know it exists but I know not to cast it, and it will unveil in finest detail every image, nay, every stroke laid upon it!
    But here is the triumph - I am researching another spell, in the far horizon of my prowess, but how that will work is a true magician's wonder."

With a pat on Thurod's back, Frandol returns to his work.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SOOO sorry I couldn't post when I said I would, I've been trying to post this numerous times, but I got distracted for long periods of time and the page refreshed.
    You may continue

My Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #307

"That does indeed seem to be an interesting spell to search for, my friend. And I would love to see the end result on your painting masterpiece. A sigh left Thurod's throat as he finished, "In a way, I wish I had so light-hearted a reason to travel. It would ease my mind, to know I could relax so.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking back at the Orc Elestil replies, "I'm not sure, I wasn't able to get a sense of their emotions. And I didn't see much, just that the one with glowing eyes is under a potions effect.

After another minute's travel you reach the edge of the caravan and see Thurod and Frandol off to your left a bit. Upon seeing you arrive Naveris hops off of her cart and walks over to you, "Well, what did you find out there?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Frandol quickly shifted his gaze back at his larger companion - who had both lithe and feral qualities compared to him - It oft contrasts with his nature. Frandol, despite subscribing to various stigmas, knows he could have never read Thurod from merely first glance.

Though sometimes he wonders if that innate orcan wild side will ever rise from within him; do the savage strains of fur on his back ever stand erect as he dreams of pounding drums by a bonfire sacrificing of a fair human maiden? does he ever wonder what it would be like to strike the hearts of those who withhold freedom from his vigorous inner strength? And would such an instinct overpower him if he ever used his hands to kill? Regardless of the answers are to those questions, it is a side of Thurod of which Frandol hopes to never bear witness to.

"Relaxing? I believe you are mistaken, Thurod!" he lays his tools and approaches him, gesturing with his hand as he speaks.
    What you are passionate about is not what should relax ye, in fact it should excite you O so greatly. a relaxed state is a boring one, my fellow journeyman- what you are looking for is to be...impassioned! Yes, you seek to be impassioned to fend off thine troubles; that is it, no?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2013-05-08 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Omitting the spoiler, now open to public eyes

My Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #310
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"We found some armed gnomes, and they threatened to kill us and refused to answer questions. According to elestil, one of them had glowing eyes due to a potion, so whatever group funds them isn't poor."
    Grad then motions to the sword at his side nonchalantly.
    "It took a small speech and Stabby here to talk them off though. Any of you hear anything about any gnomes in this area?"
    Last edited by Dr.Robotnik; 2013-05-05 at 09:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311

"Hmmm," Naveris looks down as though she was deep in thought. Looking back to Grad she comments, "The report didn't say anything about Gnomes, but they didn't come this far north. Did they say anything about where they came from? What they were guarding?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #312

[OOC: For PZ's eyes only.]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I haven't yet determined how Thurod will react under enough pressure or primal stress...partly, I wanna keep him calm, since to do otherwise would be playing my Half-Orc status too much like an unnecessary trope. On the other hand, not doing so might also seem like a trope. However, at this point, I can only think of one thing that would actually piss off Thurod enough to make him consider going primal.

-Before Grad Returned-

"Yes...I suppose that is what I meant, my Dwarven friend." Thurod replied before barking a laugh, "You are quite good at raising one's spirits. Part of being an artist?" He questioned playfully, before hearing the others coming back

-After Grad Returned(AKA Present Time)-

"Perhaps we should move on, lest they return with a larger group and attempt to threaten us again?" Thurod suggested, a cautious tone in his voice.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

Looking at Thurod she nods and replies, "Yes, speed would be of the essence," After thinking for a moment, she continues, "I feel it would be better if you walked with the caravan. If their friends are close enough we might get ambushed along the way."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

With a quizzical shrug, Frandol follows Thurod as they hear the reconnaissance report. Hearing as they consult the clever pygmy conferred:
    "And thus, Naveris, you mean to put away my easel for a gnome with light leaking out of his Irises? Ha! I ask for I too can perform such prestidigitations, but not a soul would see it in a threatening manner..." gesturing his aggressive and mildly mocking attitude, he resumes.
    "If they ambush us, we will have stood with our toes on the ground and make sure such foolishness will be regretted - such is the Dwarven mantra."
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2013-05-13 at 02:48 PM.

My Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #315

"Frandol is right. We should continue on, and if the Gnomes appear to cause trouble, we shall deal with them at that point. In that vein, we should start up our convoy again as soon as possible." Thurod opines, as he gestures to their cart.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2013-05-15 at 05:52 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316

"Very well, but I want you all to be on guard," Naveris says before turning to the caravan, "Okay everyone, pack up! We're heading out now so put down what you have and eat on the road! We won't be resting again until nightfall!"

Walking back to her cart the caravan is quickly packed up and starts off again. Leaves crunch under your feet and the wagon's wheels as you continue down the path. Minutes turn into hours as you turn down the second fork in your path. It widens as you continue and light fruit-laden bushes lie between the trees. Many leaves have been blown onto the path piling up in lumps of various depths. The trees closest to the clearing still have some of their lower-lying as you move through.

----
    Spot Check. DC: 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Success means you notice that one of the piles about 25 feet from the caravan looks worked over. Specks of dirt litter the leaves and it's a bit flatter than some of the other wind-blown leaves nearby.
    Last edited by Egneil; 2013-05-16 at 10:25 PM.