Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 316
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "I don't want to be responsible for this caravan being blocked by whatever stopped those scrying attempts.
    I change my vote to hills."

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    ----Issath----
    The stable are only a short walk away from the tent, across from the wagons by the outer gate. As you approach you notice that it's full of horses, twelve in total, with a gnome brushing them as he balances on the wooden gate. Turning to you as you approach he smiles politely and a strange look that you've seen many times before. Receiving your hand he replies with a deep and quick accent, "Hello there. You must be with Naveris. Name's Gravious pleased to meet you. I'll be one of your drivers. What can I do for you?" As he speaks you can't tell when he simply pauses or when he ends a sentence.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil looks at Naveris after her last remarks.

    "Who can know how any one of us thinks? People look upon me and see a savage monster, yet I think like a civilized elf. Issath has expressed that his feelings may venture towards paranoia, but he guards himself through his suspicions. Who knows what betrayal he may have endured?"

    There's a stern note to his voice during these words, but then it softens to a more conciliatory tone.

    "Regardless, he comes recommended just as all of us do. If he is as vigilant on the road as he is here, I think we'll all be grateful."

    With that, the goblin turns to address the rest of the group.

    "As for which road that will be, it sounds like we are leaning toward that beneath the hills, but we should wait to hear what the captain of the guard has to say."
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Lovely day to meet you kind sir. I'm looking for the boxes that we will be transporting. I just need to examine the containers, don't worry. I won't look inside the boxes and I already have permission from Naveris. Says Issath as he continues to maintain his grip on the lovely little Gnomes hand Also, do you believe that the carriages wheels can endure hill like terrain? I'm just asking because it seems like we might elect to travel through the hills, or as I like to call it "the scenic route". He says as he maintains his large smile

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Naveris looked at Elestil and replied, "Oh... I'm sorry I meant nothing by it. It's just he kept talking about a dwarf when he talked about the maps. I wasn't sure if he was talking about the minister or not. And I couldn't see a way to bring it up.

    ----Issath----
    Gravious laughed when you brought up the wagon's wheels, "You don't need to worry about that. There gnomish craft. They're meant for a bumpy ride. We've also got a bunch metal casters under the base. Should any wheel or axle brake they'll keep the wagon off the ground so it won't drag," Pulling his hand free he hops off the railing and continues with the same quick speech as before, "You want a look at the boxes you say? Follow me I'll show you where they are. At least I assume you're talking about the lead ones with the baron's seal. Right?" Walking briskly past as he talks, he heads over to the first wagon.

    As you follow you notice a heavy set fellow belt out a line at the guards blocking an entrance. Both of whom hurriedly opened the path and saluted him. Returning the salute he starts heading to the tent.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Ha, Yes... I'd certainly like to see more of these Gnomish crafts... Never met a Gnome until today. Now if you'll excuse me I have to finish examining these boxes... Say... Gravious... Would you mind being my first Gnome friend? I mean... I know Frandol is my adventurering buddy, but I'm not sure he'd consider me a friend... I've never really had any friends... So could you maybe be my first? Said Issath as he slides his hands over the boxes spending 5 minutes on each box to get a good feel for them...

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will you be Issath's Friend?

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "oh Krid'nn," Frandol frowned, "you all are not as keen as the forest as I am? Clearly something is wrong in that decision...but I lost the vote..."

    Frandol looked around in his pack, drew out the parchment containing the job information, and wrote on it's back, then raised his head towards Naveris:Other than the goods and their delivering, are there any other details you think we should know of - a list of passengers or requested detours, perhaps? It's just a few formalities of course we need to have written down so we could assess expenses and other fares..."
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Clapping his hands together, Thurod grinned, "Good, we have a route chosen. Though, I must agree with Frandol. We do need some additional data before setting out."
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Looking towards Frandol the elf addresses him, "The commission didn't have many specific requirements," Moving towards the smaller table she lists some of them, "We're to get the supplies to the fort before the passes open. That includes anything that gets stolen on the way, I'll have to pay for anything we're missing when we get there. And the boxes are to remain unopened when we arrive. That's it. But I'd like it if you could keep the damage to the wagons minimal. I also want everyone alive at the end of this. I promised my crew safety and I won't break that."

    Sorting through the papers on the desk, she lifts out a letter bound by string and stamped with the Baron's seal, "This is a letter of passage signed by the Baron. If we come across any blockades or patrols, this will allow us through unsearched," She says as a cold breeze drifts through the tent.

    Looking at the entrance you see a man of 6'10". The breastplate he wears is emblazoned with the symbol of Greytower. His heavy frame fills the entrance, but his voice isn't as deep as it would suggest, "I would suggest not flaunting that around, considering it's value to one such as yourself."

    With a sigh Naveris replies, "Hello captain. It's good of you to come on such short notice."

    ----Issath----
    Smiling at you Gravious laughs slightly as he refashions the rope on the wagon, "Well I suppose that I could do worse for company. When this is over how about a drink. I know a good bar in town," He said hopping down. Heading down to the next wagon he begins loosening the straps, "Come over here. Not all of the boxes are in the same wagon. The guards only put one in there. The next two are in here while the last three are in the next one. Not sure why they did that but Naveris balanced the wagons nice. So try not to move them around much will ya."

    Throwing the burlap open he pulls out the next box. Like the last one it has the seal of the barony on it's top. As you grab the box you hear the clank of iron striking iron, which occurs when you read metal objects. Seeing the translucent slime evaporate as it drips down, Gravious tries wiping some off only to it disappear when he succeeds. Looking back at you he says, "Your one of those mind-benders. Looking into the past of these objects. Aren't you?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Haha, yeah... That would be lovely It will be my first time drinking and it would be much better with a friend." as Issath investigates he twitches his hands and is suddenly shocked when Gravious mentions him as a Mindbender before relaxing and smiling a little bit "Yeah, i'm a mind bender... How did you figure that out?" Said Issath with a small giggle as he turns his head over to stare at Gravious with his now standard smile

    [OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show
    When can I know the FEELS of the item... I'm thinking that knowledge might come in handy right now...
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-10 at 06:41 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    ----Issath----
    With a shrug the Gnome replied, "Just a guess really. I've been with Naveris for a while. She's been over most of the places west of here. At the last city we were at. There were some rumors about mind-bender attacks. They said that mind-benders would always use this translucent slime. Others say that they just scream in your mind until your ears bleed," As he speaks he mimes out some of the rumors. With a sigh he comments, "I've seen a lot of things in this business. So they can't be as bad as those rumors. Maybe in that area I suppose. But I figure that in other places they heal the sick or topple tyrants."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Where I'm from, the "mindbenders" usually just stay home and meditate... Ugh... these boxes were quite painful to read... Ah well..." He says as he rubs his head a little bit... Heh... Don't worry... I won't "fry your brain" adds Issath as he finishes rubbing his head and continues smiling. I gotta return to the tent to finish planning with the guys... We still on for that drink after this is all finished up?

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    The goblin turns toward the captain of the guard. "Greetings, captain. Elestil, of the convoy guard." He gives a small bow as he introduces himself, with a small gesture to his companions as he mentions their role. "We were discussing the details of our mission. What can you tell us of the roads ahead?"
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    He looks at the goblin with a raised eyebrow, but answers him civilly, "I'm not sure what I could add without knowing what Naveris told you. I suppose that she already told you about the pass being blocked, and the two detours," Moving over to the table he looks over the maps, "If you're still looking at possible routes, I could probably think of one or two."

    "We're wondering if you had any reports about the forests," Naveris said as Issath returns.

    Turning, the captain nods and says, "I see, unfortunately I have yet to receive a report from the advanced scouts. But they weren't scheduled to report in for another two hours. Also they have emergency supplies in case they get in trouble."

    ----Issath----
    Gravious waits a moment before replacing the burlap and tying it down. While he hops down he says, "You okay? I didn't know that those boxes could hurt you," Moving to your side his tone turns more lighthearted, "And yeah. We're still on. Just tell me when I can drink you under the table."

    When you reach the tent he bids you goodbye and returns to the stables. You enter the tent as Naveris finishes speaking.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Drink me under the table? Heh... Sounds like a plan! Issath steps into the tent and creates a mindlink with Thurod.


    Thurod-Mindlink
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...You seem like our leader... Hi... Nice to meet you... Alright, so we have a problem here... The boxes are hiding something that I just can't see into... I might need your help to actually... get them open...make an excuse that would require you to search the box... Anything... I'm sure you and me are in the same boat on this one, but I don't wanna get stuck in a trap...

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod had looked up just as Issath walked in, and felt the mind-link form. Listening to his telepathic communication, he replied in kind.

    Issath-Mindlink
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will try, but they seem most intent on keeping us in the dark. Are you reasonably certain we will, or may be stepping into a trap?"
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod-Mindlink
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Boxes are covered in a material that prevents me from looking inside them. I'd also gamble that they have some lead covering it so that we can't detect the natures of the item inside... I'm sure that what they're transporting has something else to prevent us from opening them. Would you be willing to read the auras of the items inside regardless? I'm 100% sure that they're hiding something really important from us and I'm going to find it out even if I have to read the minds of everyone at this camp...


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    AUGH! I should have used Detect Thoughts on the camp... Would have calmed my suspicious nature down... Hmm...
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-12 at 06:30 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Issath-Mindlink
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If you are that certain, then I trust you. I will do my best to find a way to open the containers. For now, do not blow their belief we are unalert."
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-12 at 08:27 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod-Mindlink
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Got it. Maintain mental silence for now."


    Upon returning to the tent, Issath stares and walks over to Frandol and asks "Are we friends? ... What exactly is a 'friend'? ... and what does 'drink under the table' mean?" all with a confused look on his face as if he had never heard these terms before.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Issath is naive as all hell (seriously, check his sense motive score).

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Frandol Pauses his Writing as he is Flabbergasted that Issath would ask such mind-numbingly basic question, more so asking such in the presence of our serious employers, he rolls up the notice in his hands, appearing to have rolled it up wrong. "Hrihrm*, well,Issath, it really isn't much to think about, it's actually...let me think a sec..."
    While concealing his lips with a gesture that appears he is thinking, and stroking his beard with his fingertips, he tries to mumble the arcane words as closely and as incoherently as he knows would work,finally, a voice speaking like a savage Orc sounds from outside:
    "IIIIIIIISSHAAAAATTTHHH! YOU HERE NOW - YOU /BLOODY/ NON-/BELIEVER/!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frandol casts Ventriloquism, DC 18 will disbelief to all whom it may concern. For all intents and purposes, I'll be using blue for any sounds Frandol evokes through his illusions

    My,my, Issath, I think an orc of some kind is looking for you, why don't we see who it is and maybe try and settle things, do excuse us two, gentlemen! Frandol says as he rushes to get Issath out the tent with him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    those who travelled before with the dwarf might recognize this evasive maneuver, an know he'd prefer you to play along.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-13 at 03:55 AM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    totally, willing to burn a PP just so I can spoil your fun


    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[16]

    Really? I roll a 3? Screw you universe!

    Today is my anniversary with my girlfriend so I'll make this short.


    "I DID NOTHING, I TOOK NOTHING, I LOOKED AT EVERYTHING AND YET SOMEHOW I STILL DID SOMETHING WRONG! WHO ARE YOU MR. ANGRY PANTS!? AND DOES THOU EVEN LIFT!?" Shouts Issath as he is being pushed out of the tent by Frandol.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, this was the best course of actions I could think of... He could have just mind blasted whatever he thought was out there... spooky...
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-13 at 11:34 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Spoiler
    Show
    wow, tough luck, mate, probably better the more it is convincing anyway. Have fun tonight! ^_^
    Frandol closed the opening behind him as he stepped outside to make sure the others don't hear, then calmly spoke to Issath:
    Relax, "friend", no orcs are seeking thee... These employers are almost about to hire us, so until we close a deal we should avoid —hold on a moment, Hirhrm..."
    He clears his throat, as he moves his hand to his mouth to sound out farther, as he speaks, his voice,as well as the orc's, rather appears to conjure from the other side of the tent:
    "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THIS FELLOW DID TO YE SAVAGES, IF IT HAPPENED YEARS AGO I WOULD KINDLY ASK OF THOU TO PEACEFULLY RETURN TO THEE HOME TRIBE!"
    "YOU STAY OUT OF THIS, ROTTEN DWARF! YOU SHORTY! YOU SO umm... /STICKY/!"

    he coughs a bit after the last word, and continues:
    "Yes, where was I? Oh, yes, let's avoid silly questions until they think we all know what we're doing, alright?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-13 at 12:17 PM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    As Issath brings forth his power, you all begin to hear yet also feel a small hum within your mind. It grows in intensity, becoming louder and more prevalent. Yet it never takes any of your attention away, for the moment you think about it it vanishes entirely from your mind.

    "What in the world was that," You hear the captain mutter before he turns to your group and says, "That strange thought just now came from one of you, correct?"

    "And don't worry about that orc outside. My guards will handle him." He adds when Frandol's spell goes off.

    Thurod, Issath
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the hum in your minds grow, you notice a similar presence near the front of your mind. It's rough and numb, resonating with the growing hum. As it stays outside your thoughts, the resonance makes it seem less irritating yet also familiar. When the hum disappears, Thurod can feel Issath's voice around the presence. And Issath can feel Thurod's.

    ---OoC
    Just felt I should describe how a mindlink would feel.


    ---OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    For those curious about timeframes. A mindlink works at the speed of thought. As it translates thoughts of suspicion and cation into words, then it transmits them to everyone else. If you want to focus your thoughts to select individuals in the same mindlink, or omit certain thoughts, then it'll take longer. (But it'll still be faster than speaking.)
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save for Frandol's Spell:(1d20+6)[16]


    Thurod turns to the captain, "What strange thought? I didn't sense anything apart from an angry orc outside."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff Check:(1d20+4)[13]
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "I--" Elestil starts to speak, but then with a confused look and a shrug, he simply says "I don't know."

    He then continues the discussion, as if the small matters of the psychic humming and the shouting orc were as commonplace as birdsong. "It would seem to us at the moment that it would be a wiser course to avoid the forests, but perhaps we will hear from the scouts before we depart."
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Looking at Thurod the captain raises an eyebrow and says, "Really? So you didn't sense anything? No humming in your mind? Nothing like that at all?"

    Thurod
    Spoiler
    Show
    As he speaks you feel smaller and weaker. His words seem to suggest a danger, as though he could arrest you here and now.

    Failed Intimidate check. (He was attempting to prevent you from Bluffing again, but he rolled a 4. Making the DC 7, you had a +8 to your check.)

    However when he spoke you could see a few tells that undermined his threat. You figure that even if he could arrest you, he wouldn't be able to hold you. He was probably just trying to keep you too off balance to lie again.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    As Issath approaches the tents exit he hears how the guards will handle this and he returns back and stands next to Thurod mumbling to himself "I've never even met a single Orc before... Would have been wonderful to meet him..."

    "Anyway, We should probably be moving soon, before Nightfall... Transporting anything during raiding hours just feels like a bad idea in the making...

    Thurod-Mind Link
    Spoiler
    Show
    If we keep asking to many questions they might turn on us during unfavorable conditions and force us to make a dash away from here... I'd rather, if we're getting a back stabbing we have the option of making an escape..."

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Frandol followed shortly behind Issath, his balding head was slightly disheveled from deliberately rattling it violently outside, he was lightly panting:

    Do pardon me for that... the orc...Well, then. Where were we? Yes... You said you were the captain of this mission, yes? 'Tis a pleasure, allow me to ask, are you or your men accompanying the journey to the fortress in the north?
    He draws the parchment from earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    is our pay mentioned in the job description in Frandol's hand?
    If not, Frandol would say:
    also, I would hate to disrupt your conversation, but inevitably we must discuss the details of invoicing for our journey. after all, come the night we do still need our own provisions..."
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC)What follows this spoiler is from before Issath and Frandol entered:(/OOC)


    "No, I sensed nothing of the sort." Thurod replied smoothly to the Guard Captain.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff Check: (1d20+4)[12]


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC)And this is after they entered.(/OOC)


    Issath-Mindlink
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Noted. I'll try to shift the conversation back to the details we actually need to know, such as payment. Maintain mental silence for now."


    "Yes, our dwarfen compatriot raises a good point. What are we getting paid for this work, and will we have a token guard of your own troops?"
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    The captain glares suspiciously at Thurod before addressing Frandol, "I'm afraid that I have no troops to spare. If the advanced scouts find trouble in the woods, then we'll need the entire garrison for defense. And any guards outside the garrison have already been given orders," With a final glance at Thurod he says, "My time here has came to an end. There's still around six hours of daylight left. So if you want to stop by the guardhouse, I'll have a scribe copy the report from the advance scout," Turning towards the entrance, he left without pausing for your response.

    After a moment Naveris cleared her throat and said, "That seems to everything at the moment. You currently know as much as I do, so the only thing left to do is agree on your payment," Looking down she starts tapping her foot, "You'll be escorting a caravan through unknown terrain, but you'll also have the aid of maps. The cargo is standard for resupplying a fortress, but some of it's unknown. There's a good chance of danger, and I'd prefer to move quickly..." She continues to list off a few more items, becoming quieter as she goes. After a bit she looks back at the group and continues, "I'll give 4,000 gold now to split amongst yourselves, with twice that when the job is complete."
    -------
    Appraise Check (for services) DC: 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    If successful, you know that her asking price is reasonable for a job commissioned by the local government. Even if it's a bit on the low side from someone who volunteered for it.
    Last edited by Egneil; 2012-10-15 at 11:34 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •