Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 316
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Well, friends, it would seem our plans are falling into place. Adventure awaits! However, I, for one, do have some materials I wish to purchase before we depart. If anyone would like to join me, I will be visiting a few of the shops in town."

    In this way, the polite goblin Elestil announces his intention to leave, but he remains with the group until the aforementioned gold has been apportioned. With the business part settled, he once again looks at the elf Naveris with an expression of wonder, much like a child watching his favorite magic trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Spoiler
    Show
    Appraise: (1d20+4)[23]


    "I'll join you on that expedition... I'm quite eager to finally get this show on the road." said Issath to the little man as He walked out of the tent while picking up his gold. He whispers to the small man "Excuse me... But what are we going to be purchasing?"

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Well, we definitely are going to need trail rations, winter clothes, firewood, candy, spare wheels, candy, extra axles,tinder, maybe torches, candy, waterskins and ammunition. And some candy would be nice. 4000 gold should be enough to buy anything. Do we need to buy anything as a group? Should we split the gold up?"

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Naveris smiles as Grad lists off items, "Well yes, I suppose those things are a needed. I've already stocked some food, water, firewood, and a few replacement wheels and axles. I'm storing it all in my personal cart, so anyone can use what's there. I only two weeks worth though, so if you think we need more my cart can still carry a few more days worth."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    After a little pacing Frandol asks the captain and elf to excuse them for a moment, he gestures his hand toward Thurod and the others, suggesting a group consultation of some sort, slowly and with clear pronunciation he whispers once they group together:
    "gentlemen, though this offer of four-thousand gold may suit us, any product of leisure requires a good profit, and I think we could reasonably ask for at least hundred more coins for each of us five, or at lowest three-hundred and seventy-five gold coins to split among us, shall we try?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the case the group agrees to haggle for a higher wage, I will just drop an aid another check for diplomacy,or whatever check is appropriate:
    Aid another[haggle]: (1d20)[17]

    If any or all of the group disagrees, Frandol will frown and sternly whisper the following argument:
    "How could you not try to take the higher end? We know nothing of the dangers, hazards and risks involving our welfare nor that of our supplies, it is only reasonable to ask for more. A safety measure is what this is..."
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Group Huddle
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm impartial towards asking for more money. I learned years ago that we don't necessarily need food... We can always live off the spiritual energies of the universe... It's called Prana" whispered Issath. "Whatever makes you guys happy is alright with me" smiled Issath as he broke the huddle and agreed in Frandols plan


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good job, you got a guy that could read you minds to agree with your plan

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Group Huddle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elestil acquiesces to Frandol's judgment, though he would also be satisfied with the 4,000 gold. "I have no objection to asking for greater compensation. There's no reason to take a job if you don't feel the pay is sufficient to justify the request. Yet if they refuse to adjust their offer, I remain inclined to accept the payment and proceed."
    Last edited by Newcomer; 2012-10-18 at 09:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Group Huddle
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's not like there are swarms of groups willing to do this kind of job. We could probably ask for a couple hundred more safely."
    Last edited by Dr.Robotnik; 2012-10-18 at 05:33 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Group Huddle
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thurod? Do you concur with the rest of us?"
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Group Huddle
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I feel you are correct, friends. We could haggle for more. Elestil, would you talk for us?"
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-18 at 07:11 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Finished Breeding Projects: Dratini, Squirtle, Ferroseeds, Gastly, Fennekin
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Eh, hem. Is there anything I can do to help with this tactics meeting? Or is this a discussion of a more private nature?" Naveris said after clearing her throat.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Issath turns around, stares at Naveris and whips out a sign that says "No girls allowed".

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil looks, startled, at Issath for just a moment before recovering his senses. He turns to Naveris and smiles warmly, with a twinkle in his eye.

    "Forgive the delay, my esteemed Naveris. We were discussing the risks inherent in this mission. You see, we are, on the whole, quite pleased to assist you, and I assure you that we are every bit as capable and experienced as you have been led to believe. But it is only fitting that our compensation should be commensurate to the risks we must undertake. The way ahead is largely unexplored and shrouded in mystery. Our best way forward appears to be a network of subterranean caverns of unknown stability and unknown inhabitants. Unknown forces strong enough to block your divination magics appear to be set up in the nearby forests, and we're entering a fortress which may be attacked by frost worms. Quite a daring adventure, and it sounds like something right out of the old tales! To be frank, we think we deserve a little more gold for undertaking such an endeavor. We ask 4,500 gold now, then twice that at the mission's conclusion. You will find our services well worth the expense."

    As he describes the danger of the road ahead, he adds a slight dramatic flair to his speech, trusting his experience to keep him from going too far. He then snaps out of it for a very genuine finish, hoping to impress upon the elf that they are, after all, seeking only their fair share, nothing more. Whether or not that's what he believes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[26]
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Rolling her eyes at Issath the elf looks at Elestil, "Haggling huh," Naveris said to him tapping her foot, "I suppose that's standard enough for people of your occupation. It's not like I can't get that kind of money, but still, thirteen-five gold..." She murmured looking down before turning again to the goblin, "From what I've heard, the frost worms aren't going to be attacking the fort when we get there. However, I suppose if they were simply routed, then they might be. Very well, you have yourself a deal." She finished, holding out a hand to seal the deal.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    The goblin extends his hand to that of the elf, completing the deal. "Thank you, we appreciate your good faith."

    I do sound like something out of the old tales. The goblin, whom elves take at his word, as an honest businessman and a hero. Haggling with elves is certainly a new experience, but the money comes from Kerjat. Besides, I'm accepted like an elf now, and elves may haggle among themselves.

    Elestil's trained features retain his goblinoid version of a warm smile while his thoughts are flittering to other topics, until after another moment, he continues to speak. "With that business settled, we really ought to see to our preparations, that we may be ready for a timely departure. I look forward to that moment when next we gather."

    His smile lingers for a few moments longer, and then the courteous goblin turns back toward his companions. His smile grows slightly, showing sharp fangs in his mouth and a faint hint of victory in his eyes. To Issath, he quietly murmurs, "I, for one, intend to purchase some warmer coats and heavy blankets, for it looks to be a cold journey. Perhaps some of the shops will vend other wares which draw my eyes and my new wealth, but that remains to be seen."
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod nodded, a grin visible on his face at the skilled haggling of his friend, "I too wish to visit the local purveyors of goods, particularly they of the magical sort, though I will also visit the local mundane goods dealer as well. Shall we set out now, my companions?"
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Finished Breeding Projects: Dratini, Squirtle, Ferroseeds, Gastly, Fennekin
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "While we're out shopping, I'd like to try this "drinking" thing and hopefully, I can make more friends before the day is over!" shouted Issath in excitement at his first shopping trip as he throws away his sign.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    As you leave the tent you notice the sun approaching the horizon. It's probably been no more than twelve minutes since the captain left, so the advance scouts won't be sending in their report for close to two hours.

    After a moment you see one of the gnomish drivers approach you. Issath identifies him as Gravious before he's addressed, "Hey Issath. Did you recover from those boxes yet?" Gravious says in a deep voice, his words coming out in rapid succession, "They seemed to do a number on you. You still up for that drink?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Ah, Gravious, Sadly I have not recovered from those boxes, but I'd still be willing to take you on for that drink" Said Issath, holding his side while fanning injury "Do you mind telling me more about those boxes? I mean the Elf lady seems to be very... stern about them, I understand that they're her responsibility, but she's acting like they're more important than her own life..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd also like to make note that I'm manifesting Detect hostile intent and using a notable system to account for how many PP I have in total and have also accounted for the decrease in my Int modifier. (-3).

    PP remaining: 46.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-22 at 06:15 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "What happened with the boxes?" Elestil knew Issath had gone to examine the boxes, but he was unaware that anything more suspicious had occured. He eyes Issath carefully, trying to judge to decide what motivates his curious companion.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Gravious simply shrugs at Issath's question saying, "I don't know much more than you. As for why she's so serious. Why don't we," He stopped suddenly as a subtle odor reaches your noses. The smell is different for each of you. It makes you recall a memory from long ago, a memory from your childhood. The gnome smells his surroundings, using his keen senses to pinpoint the source. Looking at Issath he says in his usual way, "When was the last time you took a bath man! You smell like me old aunties hovel," Waving his hand in front of his face he continues, "Anyway as I was saying. She's very serious when it comes to her business. Why don't we go and get a few drinks though? I'd like to get my mind off of this smell," He waves at you to follow as he heads towards an exit, "Come on. I've found a place with some great mead."

    Issath
    Spoiler
    Show
    You detect no one within your power to be hostile towards you. As Gravious speaks you don't think that he's lying to you.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Huh...I could have sworn I just smelled the wild grasses from around Loftdale...haven't smelled those in a while." Thurod mused wistfully, before shaking his head to clear it. He turned to Elestil, "Shall we find the gear shops now?" He asked with a grin.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Finished Breeding Projects: Dratini, Squirtle, Ferroseeds, Gastly, Fennekin
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Issath gets slowly dragged off by Gravious to the bar to have his first drink while trying to answer Elestil's question, but constantly gets interrupted by his tugging

    Thurod-Minklink
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Those boxes are coated with something that prevents me from looking into them and i'm currently trying to detect for anyone's hostile aura. Nobody is broadcasting anything suspicious, however I am still paranoid. While you're in the shop tell everyone the details I've learned so far the elf is suspicious... I might have to read her mind or at least her hostile aura..."


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOL I like how you describe the manifestations of my powers

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Well done, Elestil, this extra gold in my share shall be well spent, let us go and split the initial fee before we spend." Frandol smiles with fulfillment, thinking what to spend his share on, Art? He still has 3 artwork's worth of paint, and 2's worth of cloth, he somehow doubts he could find adequate paint in a town of this color scheme, anyway.
    Maybe he'll spend precautionary supplies, Maybe a trinket of some sort.

    When Issath mentions getting a drink, he interrupts[COLOR="Navy"]"Drinking is a fine idea, I'd love to come with you, but I have an errand to fulfill first, perhaps I join you two soon after, if you don't mind...er, Where would I find ye two?"

    Once he gets an answer Frandol shifts his attention to Thurod.
    "What say you, Thurod, we return by this tent in a hour-and-half, then?
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil suddenly perceives the fragrance of rosebushes, reminding him of some of the rare beautiful moments in his childhood. He remembers sneaking away from the other goblins as they prepared to set off to raid a village. He remembers hiding in the bushes under open windows--of a tavern, of a home, wherever music could be heard--briefly escaping his bestial life while listening to songs of merriment and cheerful laughter.

    With a start, he realizes that Thurod, Gravious, and himself have each experienced distinctly different olfactory sensations. Suspicious, he glances around with an eye towards anyone hiding in the shadows. Not noticing anything out of place, he appears to nonchalantly rest his hands in his pockets. Within his pocket, he firmly grasps the hilt of his dagger.

    "Yes... Yes, let us to the merchants. There are several items I wish to procure. Say, do any of you know something of the western archipelago? I am reminded of its existence, but 'tis a place about which I have been unable to track down much information."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most likely none of you have. Elestil has researched the topic with limited success. Egneil should be able to tell any of you if you'd have any knowledge through your background.

    Elestil sets off towards a group of shops he noticed when he first arrived in town, keeping a hand on his dagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Arcanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Warlock's Crypt, Orbedal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    As he gets tugged Issath, shouts at Frandol to hurry up and follow them to the bar for the pre-trip drink. He also notices everyone sniffing around in the air and then he takes a big whiff himself not smelling anything in particular. Issath, while getting tugged and slowly moving out of distance yells at the Small human "Elestil! Make sure you remind Thurod to pick up plenty of healing sticks in case any of us get injured... Oh and make sure he picks up some candy for me. Oh! and make sure he picks up some..." which gets interrupted as he slowly moves out of distance into the Tavern which is currently being smashed with beautiful music and lively happy participants...

    "Frandol, Gravious, what do you recommend for me to try first?" he says with a happy and eager smile.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Well, Boy... It all really depends how red you'd like your pale cheeks to be when your done!
    Frandol laughed jokingly, but quickly ceases as he's unsure if Issath really understood what he meant.
    Ergghrm- I guess you never drank before if you don't know what your getting, Why don't you try something mild, like "Derlaynna mead" or or something.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Derlaynna mead", and "Arvondale mead" are a type of spirits designed for the light-drinking halfling traveller and refugee, not actually mead, they consist of fermented berries mixed with a professional secret ingredient, the making processes of these liquors are remarkably similar, and is commonly imported to many places, the major difference is that one is Winterfruit based, and the other has a raspberry-moonfruit base, both spirits are served seasonally(Winter-Derlaynna;Summer-Arvondale)
    it is known for having mild and refreshing taste, yet being a pretty weak in strength, it can stay fresh for approximately 6 years under proper sealing, though it is common and tasty,The price of a pint of these liquors is worth about 2.5 pints of beer, but it not a drink for if you wish to get drunk quickly.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Gravious stops a moment and tells Frandol, "The tavern is called The Shimmering Drake. I'm not that good with directions and the place is rather out of the way. Why don't you come with us to see the way?"

    The gnome starts heading through the streets, stopping occasionally to look at the skyline. You can tell that you're heading in a southeasterly direction, but he took enough turns that you're sure you've doubled back on yourselves at least twice.

    The tavern is squeezed between it's neighbors, barely having twenty-three feet on it's entrance. The sign creaks in the wind it's image having been cut and vandalized. Despite it's meager appearance you can tell that it's not some slum for the seedier types. The street outside is about as clean as you can make one, having probably been whitewashed regularly for many years. And from the intricate details on the front you suspect that the sign will be oiled long before your done. The interior has the same type of feel as well. At first glance it looks like the place where shadowy business gets done, but none of the details support it. About as small as you expected, it consists of the bar itself and a long table butted up against the wall.

    ----Shopping(And those who wish to partake in it)----
    Wandering around town you find it's streets to have a particular layout. It's not impossible to navigate, in fact it's not even hard. There are just more dead-ends then you where expecting. Feeling like you can navigate the streets you begin looking through the markets in the city. You find all of the basics you could come across in any other city, with the normal substitutions for being this far north. Linen ropes and threads, which aren't as supple or as light, replace silks which cannot be sold without a permit. Wool felt replaces cotton or hempen fabrics and canvases. And brass is harder to come by than iron.

    Mostly though you keep an eye out for more magical items, or better deals. Of the deals you come across a few stand out more than the others. A desperate looking merchant selling two sets of beautiful armor for almost criminal amounts. A young wizard-in-training trying to sell a few scrolls he recently finished. And the local temple of Wee Jas seems to be taking advantage of the kingdom's magical supplies to create a good surplus of potions.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod had followed Elestil as he'd wandered to the shopping district, and had stopped before the young wizard-in-training, peering at his collection of fresh scrolls, "Hmm...what scrolls do you offer, my friend?" He asked pleasantly.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-23 at 05:03 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Finished Breeding Projects: Dratini, Squirtle, Ferroseeds, Gastly, Fennekin
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    The young wizard looks up at you startled for a moment before giving a quick smile, "Oh, hello there. Looking for a scroll?" He said, stumbling slightly over his words as he pointed to his stock, "Sorry but I only have the three left as you can see. 'Dis one 'ere..." He blushed as some street accent crept into his speech. Recovering as best he could he picked up the scroll in the middle which is bound by a green string, Err, this one here empowers your legs, to help you make bigger jumps. It'll be forty-six gold. While this one can repair some small holes in a variety of items, which will be thirty gold," Putting down the first scroll, he shows you the other two, neither of which are bound. Glancing over them as he talks you notice a variety of inconsistent lines in the symbols. They won't undermine the integrity of the spell, at least not to someone who already knows the spells. As he continues, more of his street accent enters his speech, "Da odder... The, other, one here calls forth some negative energy to wear you out. Useful if you need something tired, only another thirty gold for it."

    As he speaks, you notice that he never lets his sleeves go up his arms very far. The way he tugs at them suggests that it's more of a habit then anything else.

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The scrolls he's offering are:
    Scroll of Jump, Mending, and Touch of Fatigue-- Caster Level 1

    Also 0-level spells have uses outside of combat, so they can generally be sold in every city. Touch of Fatigue for instance is considered a cure for insomnia. With acid splash and ray of frost being used in waste disposal, and extinguishing fires respectively.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •