Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 316
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Grad walks over to the winter clothes, and searches for a nice, if somewhat plain one in his size. Seeing the halfling shopkeeper still in shock from having a goblin and an orchestra enter one after the other, he flips a platinum coin to her and leaves.
    After leaving the shop, he heads to where the scouts should be back to.
    Spoiler
    Show
    this is assuming 2 hours have passed, or else I would buy some dried meat and the like on the way there.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil purchases some skewered meat and a pastry, enjoying the flavors of civilized cooking while he can. He catches word of the roasted seeds and decides they would make a delicious alternative while traveling. He pops into the tavern and buys a large sack full of seeds, enough to share with the group over the first few days of the journey.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will 15 gp cover that? I'm willing to pay more if that seems low. I'm assuming the seeds will work as rations, say 20 of them? I'd also like to add a few sacks, as I thought I already had them, but my character sheet says I never got them (4 sacks, for 4 sp unless you have a different price).
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    doesn't use— that can't be right? Qreh's fourth law says: "without magic, any thing will always be that thing", if he has no magic, that means if he tries to look at the box, would he not see a box? Of course he would, it's a box."Frandol drags a resting Issath as he talks, his grip slips, however, when he almost trips on elevated ground. stern is he in his belief that only magic can truly shape the world.
    "What's important is that the lad is not left on his own,We could ask Grad, or Thurod, they look like tough fellows?
    Spoiler
    Show
    mild racism, I know, orcs look tough, that's a pretty hard thing to change regardless of actual strength and toughness.

    Qreh=human researcher and one of the originators of magical research(back when raw magic was practiced, before the development of efficient conversion techniques used to harness magic for various purposes) his laws are common knowledge, the law in question has been disproven, but is still said to mean "things don't just happen" in an intelligent fashion.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC)I'll just have Thurod purchase the Knowstone out of the goods Egneil was so kind to give me the choice between, after some RP, of course. (/OOC)


    Thurod, content with the scrolls acquired, browsed the wares he found at the mage's guild, and his eyes found a small stone, which drew his attention. He turned to one of the purveyors, "What is that small stone, my good man?"
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    ----Grad----
    Looking up at the sky you find it to still be ten to twenty minutes until the scouts report in. Considering travel time and the speed of scribes, you go and find a merchant who was selling a variety of jerky. Buying a few, you head off to the Guardhouse.

    Arriving at the main entrances to the offices, you see the old, large tower. A monolith from which the city takes it's name, it's grey walls stretch at least a hundred feet into the air. It's walls take on a slight spiral as four smaller rooms shoot off of the sides, connected by bridges and suspended from below by strong stone arcs. Surrounding it's base is the main compound, two buildings of wooden timbers and stone bricks set before the training field.

    Heading inside a Human clerk looks up from his work and says, "Hello there, I'm Ellis Lawbright. Are you here to sign up for the guard? Or are you here for another reason?"

    ----Elestil----
    Entering the nearest tavern advertising seeds, you ask the patron for a few bags. Bringing them out he smiles and asks, "So are you planning on hosting a party or something?" A quick look into the bags shows the golden seeds to have been well roasted lightly seasoned, "Anyway, your total comes to nine gold."

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be treating these as common meals with a price of 43 copper. (8.6 GP for 20 meals, plus the sacks) As cooked meals they'll spoil after a few days. You can still continue to eat them, but you'll have to make a Fortitude save at a -1 penalty for each day after they've gone bad. (With an additional -1 penalty for each consecutive day you continue to eat them.)

    ----Frandol----
    "Well I suppose they'd be the most competent, but I'm not entirely defenseless," Gravious said as you approach the caravan. Noticing a few crates lying on the ground by the wagons, you see the other workers standing around seemingly unsure about what to do. From here you're not sure what the commotion is about, but you feel Gravious take some of Issath's weight off of you. Getting your attention he says "Go on ahead to Naveris, I'll take Issath to the tent. Don't worry, I can get him in quietly. It would be best to not have the guards question your competence right now."

    ----Thurod----
    The dwarf looks up at you and says, "That there's called a Knowstone. Basically a spell storing geode, but they can't contain any mana. They easily take in the form of any spell, provided it's of a high enough grade," Picking up the stone he focuses for a moment and turns back to you, "Ah. It's only the first grade, but it has a spell in it, Shield from what I can tell. If you want it it'll be one hundred platinum" He said putting it down by you.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "I'm not here to join the guard, I'm just waiting for some scouts to come back with a report. They should be here by now, I think"
    Grad says as he idly chews on some jerky.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Hmmm, you don't look like a part of the guard. May I ask how you're related to the guard, or on who's authority allows you to view this report?" Ellis says rubbing a small stone on the desk, which glows a deep orange with streaks of blue.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil replies to the patron with a broad grin. "No, I unfortunately won't be hosting any festivities! But I'll be traveling with a group, and I think we'd all appreciate a flavorful snack that should keep for a couple days."

    He flips a platinum piece to the patron with a nod of thanks. Elestil ties the sacks closed and slips them into his haversack before continuing back in the direction of the tents. He's eager to hear if the scouts will report any news that impacts their plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Pocketing the coin he says as you leave, "Thank you for shopping, and may your path bring you fortune."

    Walking back to the caravan you see Frandol in the distance carrying Issath with Gravious. As you approach you notice that they've stopped outside, and that the caravan workers are standing around a few new crates outside the wagons. Reaching Frandol you spot a few extra guardsmen tending their horses near the stables, slightly obscured by the fence and nearby buildings.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "Well, Alright, but give me your word to keep him safe, a man like that should not be left alone, without the slightest ..."
    The dwarf pauses as they get close, and waits for Gravious' reply.

    After Getting an answer, Frandol has no choice but to leave, and hope Moradin will keep a dwarf's friend away from trouble. He is lightly startled to find Elestil beside him.
    "Oh! I did not see you there, Fancy meeting you here, Elestil, we just found out Issath can't stomach a drink, not a single Derlaynna Mead! Frandol laughs lightly at the idea that -anyone- can lose consciousness to a "baby-drink", how is the provisioning coming along?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-11-05 at 09:10 AM.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "1000 gold, huh?" Thurod replies, thinking about making the purchase only briefly before reaching for his pouch. He pulls out the required platinum pieces and drops them down, taking the stone with his other hand. "May the money serve you well, as I hope this stone will me." He murmurs kindly to the Dwarf, before making his way back to the group's pre-established meeting spot.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    ---The Caravan---
    Gravious looks at Frandol saying, "Don't worry about your friend. I'll make sure to keep him out of trouble. I'll never betray a friend," With that he turns and heads down another path towards the caravan.

    ----Thurod----
    The dwarf takes the coins and says, "Very well, to use the crystal all you need to do is meditate with it within your Mural. Just like any other part of your Mural, the link will shatter after casting. Thank you for shopping, and may your path bring you fortune."
    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Mural is a term used to describe the process and end result of a sorcerer preparing his magic. Each part of it represents a different spell and each time power is used it dissolves. When every spell is used the Mural becomes nothing more than simple arcane energy. The more intricate and clear the Mural is, the higher level of spell that the sorcerer can cast. Very few sorcerers ever draw their full Mural, as doing so tells others what their powers are. Although it's said that the full painting is incredibly beautiful.


    Heading back to the caravan Thurod sees Gravious taking Issath into past the guards from a different path. Meeting up with the others you can hear someone yelling from inside the larger tent. Listening more intently you identify the voice to belong to Naveris, but you're unable to make out more than a few words. When you reach the perimeter her tirade becomes quieter but no less vehement.

    The guards let you pass as you hear Naveris saying, "-a mule ate the papers, we were already set to head out within the hour. We could be underway the moment my guards came back from their preparations. And yet here you are with three new crates and the papers stating that they need to be in my caravan... The manifests don't have anything about this, I've it checked enough... Again I don't have a problem with the contracts. My problem is that you've come mere moments before our departure... That's your bureaucracy to fix, not mine to deal with!" Listening you hear another persons voice, but you're too far away to make out what he's saying.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "You don't mean to say that he's been knocked out by only one drink?!!" Elestil's tone is more incredulous than reprimanding, yet he's clearly concerned. "He does know that we are to leave in short order? Unfortunately, I am not practiced in any spells which would ameliorate his condition."

    The goblin casts his eyes at the additional crates and guardsmen, then continues speaking to the dwarf. "I found most of the provisions I sought. Has there been any news from the scouts? Or any change of plans?" His gaze lingers meaningfully on the extra crates.

    -----

    As Thurod rejoins the group, the yelling from the tent can be heard. Elestil quickly moves in to hear better what is going on. While he doesn't catch every word, he does understand enough to piece together the situation.

    He announces his arrival by half-shouting into the tent, "My dear Naveris, is something amiss?" Only then does the polite goblin tentatively step into the tent, an innocent expression of worry and concern upon his face.

    "It is only that I heard raised voices." Elestil's tone is subdued and matter-of-fact.
    Last edited by Newcomer; 2012-11-05 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    In response to the clerk, Grad irately replies "I was told by the captain of the guard that advance scouts should be back by now from an area that I have to help escort a caravan through. The caravan is being run by some elf named 'Naveris' if you need to know which report"

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "I know what you're thinking, friend, the saddest thing is the drink wasn't even tainted or drugged, and still a few sips took him out."remembering his path here he also remembers he had not provisioned anything within the last while.
    Wait, Elestil! before you go, tell them I'll be delayed, try to stall if they intend to leave, I'll try to figure something with Issath...
    Frandol hustles towards the path he came through, until he spots the mage's guildhall, he huffs violently, tucks the beard into his clothes, and and taps his traveller's hat with his fingers and says "Kormidar! as he changes appearance to that of a 5 foot tall, robed human, with a smooth head of brown hair and blue eyes, the beard and mustache on his face has vanished, leaving but a glowing elaborate mark where his beard's magic lock used to be. He knocks on the building door and enters, looking for a place to purchase magic supplies, and perhaps something to help get Issath up, and tries to hide his dwarven accent though voice alone:
    "Hello? I syek to purchase crafting supplies, might someone aid mye with that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing that this accent will sound closer to a Russian-style(?), but only mildly.
    Disguise: (1d20+13)[25]
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod looked around the room, an eyebrow quirked in confusion, "So...did I miss something? Because things seem rather odd around here." He half-joked.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    ----Grad----
    As you speak the clerk views the shifting patterns on the stone, changing it with a hand-wave every so often. When you finish Ellis looks back to you and says, "I see, very well then I'll see if the report is ready for you. I apologize if the process was irritating, but early reports such as this are generally processed before they're copied," Tapping the stone, it glows white for a moment before clearing. Standing up the clerk motions to a chair by the wall, "If you'll take a seat, I'll inquire about the report."

    ----Frandol----
    Entering the guildhall you notice a Dwarf give you a look when you announce your intentions before turning away, "What can I get for you friend?" says a Halfing from behind the counter, "We have many basic supplies and a few advanced ones."

    ---The Caravan---
    Entering the tent you see Naveris standing by the table while the man she was yelling at was sitting down by the desk. At around 5'10" he looks at you with a quizzical expression. But before he could speak Naveris give a relieved sigh and says, "Welcome back. I take it you have the supplies you need then? Anyway a little before you arrived the Quartermaster here came by with some extra crates to load-"

    "Yes Miss Valfor," The man interjects, cutting Naveris off, "and I'd very much appreciate it if you would deal with them instead of talking with anyone who enters-"

    "These are my guards that I hired to protect your cargo," She continued, turning back to the man with a bitter glare, "and before you ask, they've come recomended by Grathsi Thrumrock. So I would prefer to have them understand the situation so they can plan-"

    "I don't care who they are. They could be Shiria and Elestil themselves, and you'd still have to load those crates-" The quartermaster said cutting Naveris off again.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Mhmm, Err... Dah, Frandol's tongue naturally rolls when he stutters at that those "R"s, a sound known to mainly be used by dwarves of the north, and some types of halflings and elves in the east, it only lasted for a moment, however. "Iym looking for Oil-fermyentid wool, a vial og Ent hahnyi(ant honey)Syix rolls of parchment, Err—some yink, Oh, do you hev a transmyootion potion thet kyoors a drahnkyin fool?(cure, drunken)

    After getting an answer he continues: "Dah. Do You hev some edvyenced mateeryols for... he gets closer to the halfling to whisperIlyusions or criyeshons?(creations, as the spell term)
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    The Halfling looks at you for a moment, struggling a bit with your accent before nodding in reply, "Oh, yes. We have some wool and honey left. The parchment and ink we have plenty of, so how much do you need?" Pulling out the ream he barely sees you pull in closer. Looking utterly confused at what you said he responds, Um, sir. Materials for Illusion and Creation magics aren't restricted or rare. There's no need to whisper."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "SSSSHHHHUSH! Votch your verds, lyittle fello," Frandol silences him, he has played this persona before to know not many people have clever answers to paranoia, he continues. "They'll lisyen from anyverre, yeven herre yis Farr es Keryat." he whispers, rasping a bit in parts of emphasis."-Err please bring mye my modyest magyic supplies kind syer, I vill fyetch you good pay for yit." He turns his head and speaks to the air, in an almost creepy fashion, then turns to the counter again to whisper: "please hahrye sviftlye, lyittle friend!"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-11-10 at 02:21 AM.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil stifles a quick chuckle at the man's words, before replying to each of them in turn. He starts by quickly addressing Naveris's question.

    "I have indeed procured what provisions I lacked, Naveris, but our party is not fully re-assembled quite yet."

    With that, he turns his attention to the man seated at the desk. "Good sir, we may be eager to set off, but we have no intention of riding away while our cargo remains behind. You need not fret, for the crates will be loaded. However, that doesn't answer the question of why we were not informed of these crates until the last minute. If we were not awaiting a scouting report, we may have departed without ever being informed that there was more cargo. That was a near miss. And as for what the legendary Elestil would have to say,"

    Elven
    Spoiler
    Show
    "'Learn from your errors and almost-misses, for they are wiser teachers than your successes.'"
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    An Elven proverb attributed to Elestil



    Elestil watches the man closely to see whether he understands the Elven. Not all men speak so freely of Elven legends, and the goblin is curious whether this man is well-versed in Elven.. or if he simply knows the famous names.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod walked up behind Elestil, intent on supporting his friend's inquiries, "Yes, why are these crates late for departure? It strikes me as odd that they would be tacked on at the last moment like this.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC)Not sure if I should roll a Sense Motive or not. If so, I'll do it in the OOC thread.(/OOC)
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    ---The Caravan---
    "Hurmph, I'm sure that the elf would say that," The man says with a dismissive glare, "And as I told your employer, the paperwork for the crates was lost before it could be approved. It was only finished recently, and I was ordered to make sure that it was loaded," Turning to Naveris he says with a pointed finger, "I would also be finished by now if you didn't order your men to take-"

    "You and I both now what an unbalanced caravan would do to our speed," Naveris replied back quickly.

    Elestil:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not sure if he understood your Elven, but regardless of that, it would seem that he has a low opinion of Elestil.


    ----Frandol----
    The Halfling looks at you with a confused look takes a moment before he replies, "Um, sir. We have a variety of defensive spells placed around the building. If you were being scryed upon we would know about it and have removed the spell," He shook his head when he realized that he was whispering, "We take the security of our customers seriously."

    From behind you, you hear the voice of the dwarf speak up, "Lad, you should know by now that our wards aren't powerful enough to keep out the best mage's. Why don't you start up the anti-magic field, that should prevent anyone from scrying our guest," You can tell that he's smiling, or at least smirking, as he finishes his thought. Looking at the dwarf, the clerk nods at him and reaches for a small stone on the counter.

    Initiative Roll DC:12
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is to stop the clerk from activating the anti-magic field which would suppress all active magic.


    ----Grad----
    Sitting down Ellis turns and heads through a door behind the counter. Looking around you don't find anything interesting and simply wait for the clerk to come back. After a few moments you see Ellis return carrying a stack of papers, "Here you go, Naveris and her caravan have access to this information. A note was also made by the guard captain to have the documents copied in full, so I'm sorry if you had to wait long."

    The report is twelve pages long and bound with a simple wax seal. When you read it you find that the scouts didn't find any activity in the woods. Instead they found areas of unseasonal warmth and foreign plants. Entering further they came across tracks created from intense heat, and no visible footprints. Further investigation revealed an area where no snow or ice could be found.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town


  24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    DON'T! YOU MUST NYOT!Frandol panics a bit, he's hate to lose a charade, he has probably already lost it already, given the dwarf testing him he's probably aware, though revealing himself at this stage would already be a bit awkward...
    Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1d20+3

    Frandol tries to stop the halfling.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frandol failed the initiative, so the following check is generally moot, however if there is time he will say he has magic implants.

    such a thing exists, where some people undergo surgery to enchant their organs to either augment them with magic, keep it alive, or keep it functioning body-independently, or have it heal itself. Originally a taboo(legend by request), it is now partially more accepted for it's potential to save lives.
    Regardless of the organ's purpose, anti-magic in most all forms causes the organ in question to fail, and such a person could risk a swift and excrutiating death if the anti-magic is left unsuppressed.

    If there's time: Bluff check(having magic implants):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-11-12 at 10:09 AM.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    "I could embrace you forever, I Fight for you with blazing passion and a knife I stole from you —I dare not ask what you plot with it.
    Follow me, and I will protect you, we can laugh together and the pain will over soon.
    Just trust me, one of us has to!"
    —Vamber, The daring Martyr.

    Ceika made my Vamber avatar - Thanks!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    After inspecting the report fully, Grad takes it, buys some candy from the first salesman he sees, and heads back to where the caravan should be waiting. Upon arrival, seeing the discussion going on, he asks "I got the report, what's going on here?

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Thurod looked over at Grad, "Elestil and I are questioning the decision for these last few crates to be added at the last minute. It strikes both of us as...questionable. But, in the meantime, what does the report say?"
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil watches the man to see if he reacts now that Thurod has said "Elestil." The goblin is also curious what Naveris had ordered, but that was not his greatest concern.

    He speaks to the man and to Naveris, "It would seem that there were simply a series of unfortunate obstacles and misunderstandings in our path. However, it looks to me like the problems are fully solved, and everything will be properly loaded.. to everyone's satisfaction, I am sure.. before we set off with due haste to make this important delivery."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[21]
    To calm everyone's tempers and conclude the dispute


    He smiles sincerely at both of them, bowing his head slightly to excuse his attention, and turns to face his comrades.

    "Yes, Grad, did the scouts uncover anything of significance?"
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "The scouts said they found melted snow,unnaturally warm areas, and strange footprints burned into the ground"Grad says, as he hands over the report.
    "This entire scenario just seems fishy to me. I mean, what with the buisness with the scrying and all.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If the "signs of a remorhaz" we found in our last mission resemble or contrast with the report, I comment on the possibility or impossibility of meeting a remorhaz. I'll edit the post to show whichever of the above options being true

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    Elestil takes the scouts; report from Grad and starts skimming through it. "Most interesting..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Do any of these knowledges apply to discern possible causes for what the scouts have found?
    Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+7)[17]
    Knowledge (local): (1d20+7)[14]
    Knowledge (religion): (1d20+5)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    But the one thing he hated more than speaking up in a group? Being killed by giants on the high seas.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ScrambledBrains's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In your psyche.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Unexpecteds

    "What's interesting, Elestil?" Thurod asked as he peered over his friend's shoulder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another(Knowledge:Arcana)(1d20+6)[16]
    Aid Another(Knowledge:Local)(1d20)[12]

    Not gonna attempt the Knowledge:Religion, since Thurod's not educated in a religious sense apart from Halfling stuff, and even then he doesn't remember much of it.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice." Quoted from Dragon Age: Origins
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf
    Pokémon Data:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Version: Y
    Friend Code: 5300-8703-5984
    Awesome Avatar by the equally awesome Kymme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •