New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default VtM: bloodlines tabletop?

is there a book detailing the characters from Bloodlines for VtM tabletop use? I know it's based loosely on LA by night, but is there something a little more tailor made?

GraveGobbler Avatar still made by Ceika!

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.
    My Latest post? My favorite source of plot hooks for D&D
    http://goblinonthegrid.wordpress.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VtM: bloodlines tabletop?

I'm pretty sure Smiling Jack is statted out somewhere, but I don't know about the other characters.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Like i said, LA by night. Jack is in that, but i didnt see a mention of tourette voerman, nines rodriguez, or sebastian lacroix,

GraveGobbler Avatar still made by Ceika!

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.
    My Latest post? My favorite source of plot hooks for D&D
    http://goblinonthegrid.wordpress.com/

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I could be wrong, but I really doubt that any of the Bloodlines characters have tabletop stats (not official ones from White Wolf, at least). Bloodlines was released very close to the end of the oWoD line - I think it was a few years before the New World of Darkness came out - and the only two canon characters in the game were Jack and Beckett. Pretty sure everyone else was made wholesale by Troika's writers and that close to ending the line, I doubt WW would have spent the money on a tie-in sourcebook related to the video game's plot and characters.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I really doubt that any of the Bloodlines characters have tabletop stats (not official ones from White Wolf, at least). Bloodlines was released very close to the end of the oWoD line - I think it was a few years before the New World of Darkness came out - and the only two canon characters in the game were Jack and Beckett. Pretty sure everyone else was made wholesale by Troika's writers and that close to ending the line, I doubt WW would have spent the money on a tie-in sourcebook related to the video game's plot and characters.
    Pretty sad. Some of these characters were really interesting. I liked the Tremere Primogen, Hollywood's Baron and the Voerman Sisters. All interesting characters in their own rights.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Stats for the cab driver would be easy to write.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Stats for the cab driver would be easy to write.
    Rules to fight the Cab Driver:

You lose

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

So the general consensus is that it's Caine driving you around? Well that was my thought too. Was he in the coffin then? Or ...!?

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    So the general consensus is that it's Caine driving you around? Well that was my thought too. Was he in the coffin then? Or ...!?
    There IS a feeling of dread that filled Los Angeles relatively as the same time as the Sarcophagus was about to arrive. Many people linked these two events by thinking it was an Antideluvian in said sarcophagus.

However, the commonly accepted theory now is that it's Cain who arrived in town and provoked that sentiment. Also supporting this theory is... well, if you play as a Malkavian. You get to understand everything more when you play as a Malkavian.

It's frightening and maddening. The developers really outdid themselves there.

10. - Top - End - #10

Half general consensus, half collective in-joke, half Mumble of God...reportedly, if you open up the game's files, the cab driver's dialogue is stored in a folder marked 'Caine' (or they might be cainespeech1.wav, etc., can't remember).

The last half is if you play a Malkavian.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Half general consensus, half collective in-joke, half Mumble of God...reportedly, if you open up the game's files, the cab driver's dialogue is stored in a folder marked 'Caine' (or they might be cainespeech1.wav, etc., can't remember).

The last half is if you play a Malkavian.
    You still need to account for that feeling of Dread all Vampires seems to be panicking about. They make it a point to mention the Vampire community is really nervous about this whole affair, therefore there IS something supernatural in LA.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, in the Anarch ending you can see it was just a mummy. A mummy who has become Jack's drinking buddy.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-10-07 at 12:08 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

13. - Top - End - #13

And note that whether or not the cabbie is Caine, or just an elder Malkavian whose delusion is that he's Caine, is still one of the most hotly debated and incendiary topics among fans of Bloodlines to this day, regarded about as well as Alignment/Morally Justified threads are here.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

The cabbie is either Cain or convincingly enough like Cain to make the Malkavian PC utterly flip out during the endgame conversation.

The guy in the coffin was just a regular mummified corpse, though. It's almost certainly the cabbie who was twigging out everyone's Spider-Sense, regardless of whether he was Cain or just a super-powered Malkavian.

Or everyone is just on edge and paranoid because they're vampires.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-10-07 at 02:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

The corpse in the Sarcophagus was a vampire, though. Jack is seen sitting with him and watching LaCroix's tower explode in some of the endings. And even though he doesn't say anything, it's implied he spoke to Jack before.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The corpse in the Sarcophagus was a vampire, though. Jack is seen sitting with him and watching LaCroix's tower explode in some of the endings. And even though he doesn't say anything, it's implied he spoke to Jack before.
    The way he's just lying around, I don't think the corpse is animate.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

That's possible. It's been a while since I played Bloodlines, and when I did I sided with Strauss, so the Sarcophagus wasn't opened.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, the coffin just held a dead Mesopotamian king - Jack did talk to the corpse in that last scene, but it was more in the comedic sense; He of the Hobo-Beard wasn't expecting a response. Only other person that talked in that scene was the Cabbie who was standing behind Jack.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn