Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Something Wicked this way Comes...

What kinda damage did Sid take ?, just to keep tract.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, knew I forgot something.

Sid takes damage:(1d6+6)[8]

3. - Top - End - #63

Zombie

Looks like ya missed the Eagle's resolution last round, might've been intentional with how ya wrote the fluff...but he definitely didn't bite the dust from only 10 damage.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh, you're right on both counts.

I was just thinking I'd missed it as I re-read your post.

The Eagle has 26hp total, so the hit was significant, but not fatal. (Though getting struck by lighting is a shocking event no matter how much actual damage it does, thus the plummeting.). You were absolutely correct to have him circle back around once he regained his senses.

I'll take care of both his actions in the next round, since he's less involved in the focal acrivity for now.

5. - Top - End - #65

Zombie

Excellent :D

Although I'm slightly disappointed I never got to do what I really summoned him for...Picking up Taalkar and dropping him on that druid :D

Someday I'm gonna get the chance to airdrop him like that !

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Regarding the Eagle... Yes and no.

In this case, the vines were grown from a handful of seeds (Plant Growth), and then animated via Entangle. There aren't properly enough to bring the eagle down, but they do prevent it from dropping the Druid...

... Unfortunately for him, however, while Druids have an obscene number of tricks, Featherfall isn't one of them. :-P

On a side note, a very happy Thanksgiving to the both of you, may good food and merriment abound!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am assuming that the troll is safely out of combat (for now or permanently is no difference at the moment)

Any chance we can see the map.

Hmmm, was thinking of exercising a little dwarven prudence to fall back but forgot my flaw will make that almost impossible.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes

Taalkar Strongstone Sheet Notes

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you could think of it less like 'Falling Back', and more like 'Charging the Other way'.

Here's the current Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, I just posted the next event. Sorry for the delay, I was thinking of giving you guys another round before moving into it, but then I realized there wasn't really anything for you to do... So there it is.

Enjoy.

Edit/: Ack, Taalkar, I ninja'd you. If you'd like, you may alter your post, or else feel free to smash a few skulls before Karazi calls you around. :-P
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-25 at 02:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

I posted at about the same moment you put up the next bit. How do you want to handle it? I can see that the posted can be deleted with Taalkar basically unconscious for one round. That works for me.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry about it. You rolled we'll enough to put down a couple more barbs before you need to move.

12. - Top - End - #72

Zombie

Sorry bout the delay of game a bit, we spent yesterday just trying to figure out a game plan :/

Basically we're wondering how feasible it would be to rig the tunnel to collapse, now neither of us has knowledge architectural, but maybe some of those dwarves we brought with -shrug-.

I've got a stone shape still, capable of moving 15 cubic feet of stone around...which isn't much but might be enough to make it unstable and ready to fall.

One other question is how many rounds passed, just so we can keep tract of Taalkar's lesser vigor. It kinda sounds like we'll be waiting here for a few minutes at least.

13. - Top - End - #73

RedWizardGuy

I actually took a point in Craft(StoneCraft) that has to count for something.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, clever.

It could be possible, and 'shape stone' is the right spell for the job.

The only trouble you might get into is in compromising the strength of the wall overall, in the event of a cave in.

Describe what you do, and I'll let it it stand. When it comes time to push the button and cause the cave-in, then give me a roll (of the most applicable skill you've got), and We'll see how it turns out.

It's been about three minutes since you left the top of the wall. You've got about three rounds before the ram makes it's first hit.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-29 at 03:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Zombie

Barthac's got the detailed plan, so I'll let him type that up. since it's been 3 mins, you mind if I burn some charges on my vigor wand and get him and Sid topped off on health ? some 30 odd turns ought to be plenty

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that's fine. Just keep track of how many you've got.

17. - Top - End - #77

Zombie

Cool, 2 more charges burned and Taalkar'll be at 43/45 hp and Sid'll be topped off. (I noticed you had put a 15 round vigor, but the wand would only be 10+1, I never cast the one I had actually memorized)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good.

If you need me to clarify anything else, feel free to ask.

19. - Top - End - #79

RedWizardGuy

My understanding is the we and the other dwarfs are standing in the tunnel which is created by the outer curtain wall. The giants are beating down the gate from the north.

We want to rig at least part of the wall to fall on the invaders as the come through the gate. We will set up the troops (Hammar company and anyone else in the courtyard) in the courtyard in a defensive position. When the collapse happens we want the men to advance and hold a line just at the edge of the collapse.

The initial collapse should cause some damage to the first ones through (hopefully the giants). The next waves through will have to cross the rubble while being peppered with arrows and spells only to meet a line of angry dwarf. This should slow their advance somewhat. This should give the defenders an added advantage of being on flat ground while the invaders will have some difficulty with their footing on the rubble. Taalkar will be leading the defenders from the front line while Karazi leads the ranged units and support troops (casters) from behind.

Here goes a flat D20 roll for rigging the collapse. I will let you add modifiers as you see fit.

Some modifiers to consider: Taalkar - Profession(Stonecrafter)+1, Dwarven +2 to Craft checks involving stone, Aid another (We have a whole company of dwarves), Sid is an earth elemental (that has to count for something )

(1d20)[3]

20. - Top - End - #80

Zombie

Thought I'd chuck in my own Craft-Stoneworking roll although I imagine that more as a making items of stone kind of skill. (1d20+3)[21]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, you two are polar opposites, aren't you. :-P

And Karazi, as Prince of the Falgan Clan, Stone Shaper, Forger and Keeper of the tunnels that bring wealth and prosperity to the Clan and Mythril Keep overall, whom they taught not just to carve the tunnels, but to make them works of art, I'm a bit shocked you never found a cause to put any points into Knowledge(Architecture and Engineering)...

... Perhaps it was lucky your clan was slaughtered when they were... Perhaps when the tunnels collapsed upon your departure, it was not due to any prophetic rhetoric, so much that they'd been ready to go any day, and only by dumb luck was it that everyone happened to already be dead when they got buried by a hundred thousand tons of stone...

Not to give you too much **** for it, but you have to admit, there's a certain poetry to it.

That all being said, you did get a particularly badass roll, so that's gotta count for something. ;-)

On topic, I'm stewing for a moment... I should have a real post up for you tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-12-01 at 03:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Zombie

I actually did have max points in Stoneworking before I found that prestige class >_< sadly even I fall to the urge to maximize a bit and Craft Stoneworking had to go.

Honestly didn't even think of Architectural though...just kinda slipped my mind, considering the backstory that's pretty laughable.

So yeah...someone else made em strong. Karazi made them artwork :D

Also I was going for a somewhat mystical reasoning on the tunnels collapsing when they left, like the stone itself couldn't maintain without the clan living there.

Still gonna be laughing at a dwarf of tunnel making descent that can't build anything :o

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, no worries. More than once I've built characters who's concept was founded upon a skill that I ultimately forgot to put points in, so really I can't throw any stones.

It's always funny when it happens though.

Besides, you did put 2 points into Stone working, which, even if its only for item crafting, must hold some knowledge of how to carve the block to be shaped from the living earth without bringing it all down on top of you, so I'll let it fly.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-12-01 at 01:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, the sky sort of fell on me at work over the last few days, and so I haven't gotten much done.

I have, however, figured out how the next scene is going to work, and so should have a real post up for you tomorrow.

Cheers,

X

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally, I've got the IC post up.

Enjoy.

26. - Top - End - #86

Zombie

Discussing options here, regarding the wizards/sorc. What spells are they loaded with. and are they actually using still spell ? that would mean basically 1 lvl 1 spell each, maybe 2 depending on their bonus spell.

Or did you want for us to pick some spells for them ? cause I've got nooooo problem with that, considering the heh, Giant problem in front of us.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

You can choose their spells if you like.

Two of them have wands with 20 charges of the following spells of your choice: Magic Missile, Acid Arrow, Ray of Enfeeblement, or Flaming Hands.

(That means the two characters each have one wand with one of the above spells.)

The third had a wand of Mage Armor, which has been expended buffing up the front line troops.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgot to mention, they each have sufficient Intelligance/Charisma to grant them 1 bonus lv1 spell.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, (I'm sure you guys are already keeping this in mind, but I'll say it anyway.)

When you got up this morning, you were expecting to be doing grunt police work, rather than fighting a battle... The spells your wizards prepared this morning should be chosen with that in mind.

The scorcerer can do whatever he wants.

30. - Top - End - #90

Zombie

Did we miss any info ya needed ?