New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Crafters ITP: I

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Crafters ITP: I

I had a thread in this area before the big change but now I can't find it, maybe it's been archived.

I am big on making things for D&D out of what I can find laying around, or painting the minis, and so on. So here is a big list of pictures of things I've made for my games. It ranges from miniatures, spell effects, initiative trackers, hell even my table is home made :D. I bought the wrath of ashardalon game and painted those as well.

This is my crafty side, I hope I can pull out the other craft like minded ones in the play ground and maybe get some more ideas .
    Spoiler
    Show

This is my D&D table (it is 8x8 and folds down and can be put away in that cubby off to the right of the table.

I took a few of my old Magic the gathering card that happen to be quite crappy in game, but feature art work that works really nice for d&d. I cut them out and hot glued them to pennies and spray painted the backs of them. Here they are :)

ou'll see a wolf, tiger/leopard, our elven hound (gold monopoly dog), riding dog (silver one), unused dinosaur, swindle spitter (green spitter looking thing), a boar, then you start seeing swords that are used for things like animate weapon ,spectral weapon , spectral hand #1 (used from the hand of a predator figure), persistence blades, then on to the fleshraker, bear cub, Bigsby's crushing/tripping/pounding whatever fist lol, then 2nd spectral hand (used from an old LSU Shaq Figure).

Back row, is my future minature for Kyuss for age of worms and the alien figure is for any random large/huge outsiders I might need to use.

Now this is my zombie mob. I made it from taking a pringles lid, and a sour cream lid, with a bunch of these zombies:

I hotglued it all together, and took the remainder of the extra glue stick I had in the gun and strung it in strands and blobs all around the sombies and then very lightly took some red, black, green, white, gold, and a double light shot of brown spray paint over them so it looks like they are covered in sludge/mud/slime whatever the imagination thinks.

The base is just about half a cm larger than the 4x4 square a gargantuan figure takes up but its pretty good for what it is. I dunno when I will spring it on my group yet :).

We got a new player, and she wanted to be a wizard so I had to get some area effects out ;)

From Three Faces of Evil, age of worms module :)

Grimlock Caves

Battle of Hextorites

Thank Moradin for hot glue guns and cardboard.

We got my son the Wrath of Ashardalon board game and those minis are just awful. So I painted some.

So I've started my alteration of a Stone Giant into a Goliath for an upcoming session with a new DM. I am going to be a Cleric/Church Inquisitor/Radiant Servant of Taiia (we adapted Taiia instead of Pelor).

Basically I wasn't happy with just having a goliath with a greatsword on the field, when I cast Divine Power and Righteous Might, you bet your ass, everyone at the table will know that meaning of these spells :).

I removed the club and replaced it with a sword from what I think was an old Thundercat Action figure.

Anyway here it is, I still need to paint though.

In another session my buddy will be running, I helped a player new to the 3.5 system (last time he played was 1st edition), and he wanted to be a ghost elf wizard so I painted one of the figures from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game. :)

Sadly I don't think I waited long enough for the paint to completely dry because you can see where the spray glaze/sealer caused some of the pain to to run. He is pleased with it, that's all that matters.

EDIT: Got a bear done.

Ok 10 miniatures from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game down, 30 to go!

Rage Drake, Otyugh, 3x Legion Devils, a Dragonborn Wizard (son painted most of that one), the Ghost Elf (really a human cultists) but wtf he's blue! hes a ghost elf!, three bears, black, polar, and brown.

Also, anyone remember those pizza disk that came with the TMNT shooter thing? They make great large size bases. My son's barbarian will now be able to represent himself properly in terms of area of effect when he becomes enlarged.

The reverse side is painted black.

Grells are finished!

Orc archers are finished! So is the Gauth (I don't think I got a finished photo of it up yet), I turned the other two cave bears into a black bear and a polar bear.

Also, just so you get what I'm saying, this is what they all look like normally.

I also cannibalized some halloween things from my sons school goodies.

I am still going to paint the spider, but what ever spider you want it to be, it is a Gargantuan one.

Halloween toy + coaster swag from work. Paint it black, cut about an inch and half of a #2 pencil for it to stand on, and there ya go.

Three Faces of Evil Module is almost done, I just need to paint a few things. Here is my prep. (You'll see my table made in it)

These are my initiative trackers.

Got a female dwarf fighter done, a human cleric, and orc of some type and my two other human cultists.

Last edited by killem2; 2012-11-15 at 03:09 PM.
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crafters ITP: I

Perhaps spoilers would be a good idea?

On topic...i've made some things in my spare time, here's a example.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about that!

Of course my works firewall blocks your pictures :(.

I'll respond more when I get home.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

I make and sell jewellery and dabble in a bit of art. *points at sig banner*I really, really want to make stuff out of Australian feral fox skins, but my cousin who hunts them ended up having more trouble getting some tanned than expected. Which sucks, cuz that collar will look amazing...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I've done some woodwork, including a construction I call the Pentabox (a five sided box sitting on my table which I'm currently too lazy to go take a picture of), various cutting boards, a chess set. I also dabbled a bit in Dorodango a couple year back something I mean to follow up on and add to. Here's one of my early works.

Spoiler
    Show

That is a more or less perfect sphere with a matte black finish, crafted entirely by hours of rolling, compression, and delicate polishing with hands, a plastic bag, and soil and sand. It's surprisingly fun, and incredibly hard to get started.

Oh, and I also cook, if that counts.

Serps... I may order some of your jewelry for my girlfriend for christmas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6

Now's a good time to order from me if you want it!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

golentan, inspired by the mythbusters?

I dabble in many things. Ive done some carpentry, whittling, iron working, though I want to learn to weld, and lots of chemistry for fun, especially recreating things the way they were in older times, alchemy on up through medieval chemistry, rocketry and explosives as well (small stuff). Right now Im experimenting with firecrackers made out of rocket candy.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

8. - Top - End - #8

I really liked woodworking in high school. I'd like to do it some more, but it seems so equipment-intensive...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by leakingpen View Post
    golentan, inspired by the mythbusters?

I dabble in many things. Ive done some carpentry, whittling, iron working, though I want to learn to weld, and lots of chemistry for fun, especially recreating things the way they were in older times, alchemy on up through medieval chemistry, rocketry and explosives as well (small stuff). Right now Im experimenting with firecrackers made out of rocket candy.
    Mythbusters? What'd they do this time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

oh, uh, duradango. they used it a few years ago to test "polishing a turd" and made duradango out of feces.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Perhaps spoilers would be a good idea?

On topic...i've made some things in my spare time, here's a example.
    Spoiler
    Show

haha, that is pretty damn clever actually.