New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

"All right. No issues with me casting them now, so here they are. We should get moving however."

Tarith casts fly on Dantie and Xander
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming nobody took the boat, everyone's flying.
    You all fly above the lake, 60 ft. above it's surface to get a good scouting view of Anzaril. The lake is vast. Patches of land are spread around the lake. Not too large, enough for two or three grown men. These islands don't look very solid, though, as if mud and plant life assembled there. Lily pads fills most of the lake's initial area, with a dark green. As you move even more above the lake, visibility below begins to falter. Fog begins to form around the lake. Off in the distance, about 200 fee away on the lake, someone seems to have lit a few fires. Hard to tell due to visibility, though. But they do give off light.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bishop orders Jesus to approach the area with the fires. But to stay at least 60 ft. above them. Bishop tries to observe the area around the fires.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot
    (1d20+4)[11]

Listen
    (1d20+4)[23]

Intelligent doors FTW

4. - Top - End - #724

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith follows Bishop, trying to identify the source of the light as he goes

Spoiler
    Show

arcane sight, spot(1d20+16)[36]
    listen(1d20+16)[25]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith &Bishop: You maintain the same altitude as earlier. The area is foggy, little visibility, but you do see a small, makeshift islet made of reeds and mud. Three fires have been placed on spears. The islet is 15 feet wide, uneven in formation, but overall round. It does support three spears on it without them falling, so it should be sturdy.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I will need everyone's exact location to each other at this point. I know nobody is using the boat, and everyone's flying, but where is everyone distance wise from each other would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-25 at 01:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #726

Bishop pours some ale on one of the fires, extinguishing it.

Spoiler
    Show

A 60 ft pour of ale.
    Intelligent doors FTW

7. - Top - End - #727

GreenSorcererElf

(So, since they are gone, we might as well move around a bit)
    Dantie and Xander, flying near each other, also come along, and observe the island(behind Tarith)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: You pour the ale on the fire directly above, to make a perfect drop.

The fire does not extinguish.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-25 at 01:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Are the fires magical?(Arcane sight has a range of 120 feet)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #730

Jesus descends to 30 ft above the islet, then Bishop jumps off her and slowly falls to the ground. Jesus hovers and maintains her position 30 ft above Bishop. Then Bishop drinks from his decanter.
    Intelligent doors FTW

11. - Top - End - #731

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith and the others observe what happens to Bishop
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: You land on the islet. The place is damp, as would be expected. Your feet sink a few inches in from the fall, pouring water into the place, but not threatening to sink the islet. Then you look at the three fires.

They looked like fires from above, however, they are actually spheres, floating eerily above the broken spears stuck to the islet. The spheres silently move around you, never getting quite close. Then, you feel it, deep in your mind, something is being written.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save DC 28, do not factor in Protection from Evil bonuses

13. - Top - End - #733

GreenSorcererElf

Watching as the lights move around, Tarith yells down to Bishop
    "Anything interesting happening down there? The lights are moving, in case you did not notice"

He also loads his crossbow, and activates his ring, because paranoia is good for the soul.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #734

Spoiler
    Show

This day had to come sometime, the dreaded will save

(1d20+2)[18]

"I feel something in my head" Bishop says to Tarith.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-25 at 02:25 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: Your muscles stiffen. You are unable to even speak, much less communicate telepathically. You do hear a female's voice in your mind.

Until his return

@The Party: Bishop is just standing there, as the three fires circle him, but nothing else.

16. - Top - End - #736

GreenSorcererElf

Dantie: "Bishop, you all right?"

Several seconds pass

"Bishop?"

Dantie descends to investigate what happened to Bishop, Tarith, sighing, follows, and Xander, feeling nervous all alone in the sky, also follows
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You descend towards Bishops location. Immediately,upon getting close to your friend, something grips your mind as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarith & Xander, make a Will save DC 28, do not apply Protection from Evil bonuses

18. - Top - End - #738

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

No save for Dantie?

Tarith:(1d20+12)[19]... and Will is a spellthief's high save...
    Xander:(1d20+16)[18]
    Dice don't like me anymore...
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-25 at 02:41 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander & Tarith: As you approach Bishop, you feel your muscles stiffen and your lips shut tight, Your mind feels like it's being etched with a stencil.

Until his return

@Dantie: You watch your comrades frozen in place on the islet, not responding. Then the three glowing spheres disappear from everyone's view but your own and a gentle wind blows through the lake. a decent distance away, you see the outline of a female amidst the fog. Difficult to make it's appearance, but it looks slender. The winds carry her voice through the air.

Impressive..you must be Dantie
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-25 at 05:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You attempt to reason what is it that has gripped you in place. Surely an effect that has permeated before your landing, affecting Bishop. sadly, you are unable to ascertain what it is. Dantie, however, seems unaffected as he faces the mist beyond the islet.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie lands and sees all his friends get effected by some effect he looks into the mist and sees a figure coming towards them all. Quickly he tries to decern what has happened to his friends before looking at the creature moving towards him and says And who are you? Are you the exiled fey that drained that deer dry? Dantie asks pulling out his holy symbol.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[27] spellcraft check, Danite is not using diplomacy because he does not know if what he is talking to is the living or the dead, and so is more on the defensive. Trying to see if he can free his friends and not much else.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You look at your friends, standing in place, their eyes darting around, yet unable to move completely. You try and figure out what the spell used was. It's an enchantment, yes, but what? A more powerful version of the infamous Hold Person? No, no. This is bigger, nastier, more profound and cryptic to resolve, even. A curse within a curse, so to speak.

This is a Transfix spell.

The mists roll around the islet as the silhouette within stands still.

You amuse me, Dantie. Raising your symbol to ward you against the vile spirits of the dead. Go on then, mortal. Bring the light of your god upon my frail body....

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie takes starts chanting a spell and sprinkling dust around the inlet him and his friends are on until there is a circle 20ft around, then he goes to stand in the center and says to the creature talking. It is not only the light of Pelor that is with me now foul demon. Danite says looking at the creature that is still hiding in the mist, She is with me now as well, The one Balion choose over your friend. It is he himself who sent us here, and it is thus with his blessing as well that you face. Do not try to think you are greater then all of their might combined foolish creature. Dantie says making sure that the spell he has cast is in effect. Dantie then calls up to jesus to start moving everyone to the edge of the spell he has cast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Danite has casted Consecrate. It grants him a +3 bonus on turning checks, and all undead in the area (20ft) take a -1 penalty to attack rolls damage rolls and saves. Knowledge check (1d20+15)[23] religion to find out my bonus on damage against her. So +2 to attack rolls against her.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-25 at 11:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Bishops creature come and grab him he almost breaths a sigh of relief. Its a spell that will help us bishop, but it only works if you are near me. It makes you stronger. Dantie says hoping Bishop gets back within the area so he can move the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie is not lieing yet again, it does make Bishop harder to hit and all that so, not a lie.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You chant and sprinkle the ground around you and your friends as you intone Pelor's teachings. You also focus on the creature in the mists. Her abilities her attitude. Her motives. And, most importantly, her feeding method earlier by the lake shore.

Sadly, this is no undead. Although the teachings would indicate as much.

You come to my lake and throw feeble threats? Very well, priest. I was planning on being gentle, but you just doomed yourself and your friends.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+9)[14]

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Only a creature of evil or an unholy abomination would consider what I have done a threat so far. I have blessed this ground, and gave you a reply. Add in the fey we travel with has called you a vampire, it seems that something is amiss. And for being gentle, when my friends landed you or something with you made it so they can not move. Gentle indeed? Did you plan on killing us all quickly. You have been the only one making threats so far, and I have only made sure me and my friends are safe. If you do not want to fight then why go through all you have done? Dantie says looking at the creature still that is out of his full sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pierce illusions is 60ft. Detect evil is 60ft. (1d20+21)[32] diplomacy dantie has yet again not made a single threat only pointed out what she has done and how he has reacted. (1d20+6)[11] initiative and dantie is taking total defense boosting his ac up by 4.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: The figure moves to the right, getting closer towards the islet.

He called me a vampire? Gigglemug was never a bright one. My feeding habits may differ from my sisters, but such is the way of my kind. I have watched over this lake for many moons. You have interrupted its calm. However, I am not unreasonable. Maybe we can both get something out of your intrusion. Be advised, Dantie, I have the upper hand, so no tricks.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

I have not played a trick yet, though my friends are still paying for yours, if you would not mind letting them go. Do not know how long Bishops mount will go before attacking without another command. Dantie says to her hoping she will free his friends.

(1d20+21)[26] diplomacy roll for above

So why is it you seem like one of the undead, I have heard of both courts before, but never knew either to feed like this. Dantie said now interested knowing that the creature before him is not one of the undead.

29. - Top - End - #749

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith, upon realizing the trap ahead, landed just outside it's bounds, trying to make it look like he was affected by the spell
    bluff(1d20+21)[38] or perform(something)(1d20+3)[15]
    He chooses to wait, and observe, planning on suprising any attacker with his capability to take action. While he is waiting, he focuses on the strange being, studying her with his arcane sight.

Spoiler
    Show

doing this
    If you concentrate on a specific creature within 120 feet of you as a standard action, you can determine whether it has any spellcasting or spell-like abilities, whether these are arcane or divine (spell-like abilities register as arcane), and the strength of the most powerful spell or spell-like ability the creature currently has available for use.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: The silhouette in the mists disappears with a splash in the water. A few seconds later, you hear a figure coming from behind the islet, next to Bishop. Now you get a good look at the being referred to as Anzaril.

The creature looks human, but with very delicate features, a long blue gown flows around her, carrying lily pads stuck to its fabric. Her hair is as silver as a full moon. Her lips have a pink glean to them and her bewitching eyes are dark blue. Her skin is fair. She places her hand on Bishop´s shoulder.

"Do I look like a demon, Dantie? Or perhaps a vampire?"