New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

Bishop runs and attacks the Sheperd, then moves back 30 ft. away from it.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1:
    (1d20+18)[23]

Damage 1:
    (2d6+16)[28]
    +
    (1d8)[7]

Attack 2:
    (1d20+18)[29]

Damage 2:
    (2d6+16)[23]
    +
    (1d8)[8]

Intelligent doors FTW

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Tree, this game is all you have left. Perhaps you should not have BeTREEd your allies? You will pay for his death in kind."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: You rush The Gnarled Shepherd and strike him with two well placed fists. The strong bark and stony skin avoid the attacks entirely.

"That could not possibly be an attack, little one. That is more like this."

The Gnarled Shepered charges towards you and smacks you with his fist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack + Charge: (1d20+16)[20] if it hits, damage (2d8+29)[36]

4. - Top - End - #334

RedWizardGuy

Let me see the scroll, I may be able to interpret it for you.

Xander takes the scroll and casts Read Magic on himself to quickly decipher the writing.

Tarith if you come to me, I can channel my Hand of Glory to give a item you carry the ability to emit light as if it comes from the sun it should help you up there.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

5. - Top - End - #335

Bishop dodges the Sheperds attack, then attacks the Sheperd again, after attacking him Bishop then runs 60 ft. towards the exit of the dome.

Spoiler
    Show

I believe that you said that opened up or something. Bishop will take an AoO for running away.

Attack 1:
    (1d20+18)[35]

Damage 1:
    (2d6+16)[26]
    +
    (1d8)[4]

Attack 2:
    (1d20+18)[21]

Damage 2:
    (2d6+16)[25]
    +
    (1d8)[1]

Intelligent doors FTW

6. - Top - End - #336

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith comes up with an amazing plan, but is stopped in his tracks by Gigglemugs appearence
    Spoiler
    Show

Tarith drops the dryad, and flies towards the nearest remaining cocoon, sheathing his dagger and sword, and drawing his wand of benign transposition, as well as a fluffball from his bag of tricks.

I think I have another idea, but it may or may not work. Trying it now.

Tarith drops the fluffball, and it turns into an animal. At the same instant, he uses the wand to swap the animal and the Dryad.

Spoiler
    Show

Alan: Tarith does not need line of sight to use a wand of benign transposition, so, will go for it.
    Drawing/sheathing items is part of a move action, but if you won't allow this, can choose not to move, and should still be in range for the wand(110 feet)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-17 at 09:09 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: You manage to punch the Gnarled Shepherd. He feels it. As you turn around to flee. The Shepherd takes his chance.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: Slam: (1d20+27)[38] damage (2d8+14)[22]

@Xander: "Who's there? Xander? This scroll was given to me by Azakiel. She told me to carry one in case of an emergency. I think this qualifies."

You read the scroll and understand immediately what it is...

Revivify.

@Tarith: You look up at the tangled roots and moss hiding the cocoons which are connected to the Gnarled Shepherd. The trick could work, but you sense a foul protection around the cocoon, a pulsating essence which resonates in your mind.

The noble tree is now a behemoth of destruction and decay. The dryads are nothing but mere shadows. And your friends now walk with me, Spellbane.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: "Try and figure this out, Xander. You think Tarith might be able to know what to do?"

Gigglemug disappears in a flash.

@Tarith: You're examining a way to get into the cocoons, when Gigglemug appears by your side.

"Dantie's dead and we need you, hold my hand now"

9. - Top - End - #339

GreenSorcererElf

"All Right."

Tarith replaces the fuzzball back into his bag before grabbing Gigglemug's hand
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #340

RedWizardGuy

Xander quickly reads over the scroll, realizing how imperative the spell is cast before it is to late, Xander casts a spell pulling time from the future to him, allowing him a moment to attempt to enable the scroll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Celerity(lvl 4 wizard) (1d20+10)[26] vs DC 25. (cast read magic this round, and read the scroll only way to try.)

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You manage to manipulate time itself to grant you insight into the scroll, avoiding the after effects of casting such a spell. At that moment, Tarith shows up with Gigglemug.

@Tarith: "Can you read scrolls like these?"

Not too far, The Gnarled Shepherd roars as he takes somewhat of a charge stance, placing his arms on the ground, like a wild animal.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-17 at 09:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

GreenSorcererElf

"Certainly, assuming you can tell me what the scroll is. Without that, I can attempt to activate it, but it would be unlikely to work."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #343

RedWizardGuy

The scroll is a cleric spell called Revivify, I can assist in any way possible.

Allow me to try something.

Xander telepathically projects the information he read off the scroll to Tarith's mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another UMD for Tarith.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-17 at 09:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344

GreenSorcererElf

With Xanders' Assistance, Tarith attempts to read the scroll to raise Dantie.

"By the power of the Earth, I command this one to rise once more in her defense!"

Spoiler
    Show

Going with a druidy chant for the scroll. Sadly, it will probably take another turn before Tarith can do much.
    UMD: need a 29, +2 from Xander currently(I think there is an aid another where you can actually give +2 for every 10 you make, so if he hits 20, would get a +4, and so fourth.
    here it goes: UMD(1d20+23)[29]

Will need another standard action to heal Dantie. Next round, I suppose.

Seeing Dantie open his eyes, and start to weakly move, Tarith pulls out his wand of CLW, intending on using it on Dantie to wake him up.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-17 at 09:31 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: After being hit by the Gnarled Shepherd's devastating attacks, you found yourself barefoot at the shores of a great sea. An island off in the distance beckons you to take the nearby boat stuck in the sand and paddle forth. Just then, you see her. A woman bathed in light, as if the sun itself followed her. It's hard to make her face, due to the tremendous amount of sunlight issuing from her, but she smells of roses and an absolute calm fills you.

They need you

You manage to open your eyes and see Gigglemug, Xander and Tarith looking at yo. You can hear the Gnarled Shpeherd roaring not too far away, as well as Bishop grunting as he exchanges blows with the monster.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    On the contray now that I am alive once more spell goes back into effect. O yea its clobbering time. Ok the fast healing brings me to 2. Using cure critical wounds (4d8+11)[27] ok so I am at 29 health I will fix post if you want seems like we posted same time though.

As Dantie opens his eyes he is no longer in her presence looking down at his friends, but now on the battlefield. You didn't really think you got rid of me that easy now did you? Dantie coughs out before holding his holy symbol to himself and letting the divine energy of Pelor fill him with life once more. Once he feels Pelors light fill him Dantie looks to the tree with a burning passion and says in common. This is where you die.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[27] Turning check (2d6+19)[25] turning damage ( using elemental again so I have no used 2/16 and yay me, HD =15 meaning if this dont work nothing will. Die die die. I should have used a greater he would have went boom instead of taking damage.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-17 at 09:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: The Gnarled Shepherd is now more beast than tree. He raises his eyebrows from his charged position and looks at you. A look of surprise then turns to anger as the monster roars, making the entire dome shake. Just then, you direct your symbol at his face and intone the ancient words.

NOOOOOOOO... Aughhhhhh!

The Gnarled Shepherd writhes around in pain and you see the three cocoons distended from their protective nests.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rounds before they reseal: (1d4)[3]

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: The Gnarled Shepherd launches both of his fists at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack1: (1d20+14)[19] damage (2d8+29)[42]

Power Attack2: (1d20+14)[19] damage (2d8+29)[41]

19. - Top - End - #349

GreenSorcererElf

I hope Bishop can keep that thing distracted. I will see if I can free the other Dryads. With that barrier out of the way, I should be able to teleport them out.

Tarith flies up 30 feet, as he does so, he sheaths his wand of healing, and draws a fuzzball from the bag of tricks. He then drops the fuzzball, allowing it to activate, and switches the resulting creature with the dryad.

Spoiler
    Show

I am glad that there are no squirrels for the bag of tricks.(MTG joke)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You activate your wand and hear a snap inside the cocoon. In your arms appears another dryad. Her skin, like her sister before is grey and covered in a black fluid. She barely manages to open her eyes and look at you.

"Please...my sisters... save them."

She looks up into the dome and her eyes close for the last time.

The Cocoon senses a different creature inside than what it was designed for,. It cracks and spills its black ichor on the ground, rejecting the animal.

The Gnarled Shepherd roars in pain and anger as he looks above.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie feels the divine energy flow through him and into his holy symbol he is once again haunted by those eyes, it was indeed something odd he had seen in the after life, as if it was this woman called the goddess who was there. But could she really have been there? While this was going on Bishop had been charged by the shepherded. Remembering where they were and what they were doing again Dantie Laughs at the Shepherd and says You may have been touched by death. but I have been given life. She is no longer with you, Dantie says taking a confident step forward. She has revealed her self to me, and with her and Pelor their is nothing you can muster that will defeat us. and with that Dantie focus on his inner strength trying to make it take on a form.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d8+12)[32] cure critical wounds add 5 to whatever the roll is. (1d20+13)[31] Spellcraft check, Using the spellcraft check to try and have the divine energy form into the shape of the goddess body and having her place her hand on me as if she is healing me. Don't know if you can do it but it sounds cool and everything. have 37 health
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-17 at 10:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352

GreenSorcererElf

"The lich led you to your death, Shepherd. Why not tell us what we want to know, in order to make your sacrifice worth something, and to screw him over"

Spoiler
    Show

bluff(1d20+21)[41]
    wish glibness was still active...
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You manage, if only for a few seconds, to manifest the desired image as she heals you. The Shepherd looks up at the sight with wide opened eyes and pieces of him fall off his face.

"A...A...Arralle...?"

@Tarith: The Gnarled Shepherd listens to your taunt.

"My mind is at a crossroads, little one. The lich Kazym has turned me into that which I stood against. I feel...my mind... fading now... We are destined to end this either with your death, or mine, such is the power this monster has over me. Before my mind fades completely, know that he will not be able to see her, because she is....AGHHHHH"

Any semblance of sentience is gone from the Gnarled Shepherd.

24. - Top - End - #354

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know the iniative order, sorry if this is out of order but I'm heading to bed, so figured i would post something.

After seeing the Shepherd lose control, and knowing the creature needs to be stopped before it can cause more damage, Xander Curses the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Curse of Impending Blades (-2 ac)

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355

Bishop easily dodges the Sheperd's attacks, he then attacks the Sheperd and runs away, through the exit of the dome, hoping the Sheperd will follow him.

Spoiler
    Show

Hit and Run

Attack 1:
    (1d20+18)[21]

Damage 1:
    (2d6+16)[21]
    +
    (1d8)[6]

Attack 2:
    (1d20+18)[28]

Damage 2:
    (2d6+16)[27]
    +
    (1d8)[3]

Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-18 at 07:57 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

That is right Shepherded. Whether she spared my life to become another of her guardians, or just to stop this madness, but she is indeed here, and watching. Dantie says looking at the treant who she supposedly first crashed into. Remember what you see, for it is the only friend that you will see before passing into the next life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alan would remove curse work once all the dryads are out? To A. Bring the dryads back to life, or B. Return him to who he once was.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: As you watch the once noble treant devolve into madness and his form twist and crack resembling his internal change, your resolve to put down Kazym is ever stronger. You can only figure out that a power as big as that of the Radiant One could undo this foul curse.

@Bishop: You strike the Gnarled Shepherd, but sadly, the attacks don't quite hit. As you move away, the monster takes a chance to strike you.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: (1d20+27)[45] damage (2d8+14)[27]

@Xander: You cast your spell and watch the Gnarled Shepherd's bark crack some more under the weight of your spell. Hopefully, this will help take the creature down faster. The Gnarled Shepherd´s appearance is less tree-like and more like that resembling an enormous skeleton made of rotten wood and stone as he sees you appear from your invisibility, he roars and charges at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge: (1d20+29)[44] damage (2d8+14)[24]

28. - Top - End - #358

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith looks down, and sees that the tree is ignoring him, before he looks towards the next cocoon, intending on teleporting the Dryad out again.

Glad the tree is ignoring me now, seeing as I am actually destroying it's power source...

Tarith reaches into his pouch to pull out another fuzzball, which he drops, turning it into an animal, before he switches it with another dryad from the cocoon nearest to him, using his wand.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok was going to do remove curse but with a DC of like 18 he will pass it without even needing to roll so changed my mind on that at last minute this sucks.

As Dantie sees the creature charge at Xander, and hit he in a final hope to free the once proud defender from its curse calls upon all of the plane of postive energy where Pelor resides for his spell to work. And with his mind set he points his mace at the fiend and calls down Pelors wrath on the beast to set it free. Aiming it at the beasts face away from Tarith so that it distracts it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[8] ranged touch attack for my flamestrike spell, don't know if I need it but... (11d8)[58] damage ref save for half damage DC20 for half damage. I do not see why I would need to role a ranged attack because it does not say to but I believe we came into this problem before.

Once done Dantie moves to the far end of the room near the throne looking to see if he can spot anything of use.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+4[/roll] spot check
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-18 at 01:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13] Spot check, and saying Xander was on the opposite side of the trhone near the entrance this means that me and him are probably flanking, as is bishop if he moves.