New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

"Petunia, Gigglemug is correct. If you stay out here, you will die, or get others killed as well. You would be better off at the Western Grove."

Spoiler
    Show

bluff(1d20+21)[32]
    If they are still alive, then they probably won't die.
    Also, Tarith may be thinking that the grove is the only real target left in the forest for the lich...
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-19 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: "Gigglemug. I leave them to your care." Petunia flies off into the canopy with her fellow Petals.

"Oh, Petunia. You're lovely, but so naive.", Gigglemug looks up as the tiny feys disappear from view.

He looks at all of you.

"Well. I will be above you in the trees, resting. I believe you can take care of things here in the camp?"

Gigglemug flies upward and vanishes in midair.

3. - Top - End - #483

GreenSorcererElf

"Well, If we are going to rest, do you mind if I borrow your power to create some traps? Ideally, I would like the power of 10 third level spells, which would allow me to create quite a few traps, which might come in handy some day. More would allow me to set some traps in the surrounding area, which might alert us to incoming enemies. However, If we do that, don't read the writing, any of you, as the results would be rather... painful."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Just hold on one minute Tarith. Dantie says before casting a few spells around the area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Consecrate 50ft. Out 2nd level spell and magic circle against evil 3rd level spell 10ft. Around me

Once finished Dantie walks over to Tarith and says You can have the rest Tarith. and with that transfers all his spells left to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    All except domain that is so 6-0 level, 4-1st, 2nd , 3rd, and 4th level, and 1 5th level. Hope that helps.

5. - Top - End - #485

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

so, assuming intelligent use, 6 0 level-> 3 esl+4=7+8=15+12=27+16=33+5=38 so 12 castings.
    9 on his papers(with a bit of luck, can use them for 54d6 damage :)
    3 on trees facing outwards from the camp, so that any approaching would need to see them. Along with warnings in sylvan above them so Fey don't trigger them on accident.

"Thanks, Dantie, these will come in handy."
    Tarith pulls out 9 sheets of paper, and runes them, before casting it 3 times on trees near the camp, as well as carving a warning not to read the words in sylvan above them
    After he has finished, he returns to the camp, and addresses the others
    "Don't read the words. they will explode."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-19 at 07:13 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

So It is like my glyphs of warding. Dantie says and goes to explain what his does.

7. - Top - End - #487

GreenSorcererElf

"Yep, only not quite as powerful, but more effective against resistant enemies. Also only needs an opponent to read them to set them off, so an illiterate fellow would be immune. As far as watches go, you and Xander need to rest the whole night, but Bishop and I don't. We will split the watches between us. I will take first watch."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie looks at Tarith and says Are you sure, I can try out that new bedroll tonight and should not have to sleep that long. After all if a trap is set and you are to tired to find it we just may die. Dantie says looking at Tarith and Bishop to see if they are sure.

9. - Top - End - #489

GreenSorcererElf

"No worries. My ring allows me to be fine with 2 hours of sleep."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You lay down to sleep and well into the first hour, shufflings amongst the trees can be heard, in different directions.

11. - Top - End - #491

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith moves near the party, and casts silent image over them, so it appears that they are not there.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie nods his head and falls asleep knowing arguing with Tarith is pointless.

Spoiler
    Show
    When asleep everyone gets a -4 to listen checks so (1d20)[4] listen

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You hear the shufflings coming closer. Some try to be as quiet as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[25]

2. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[24]

3. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[23]

4. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[21]

5. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[18]

6. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[15]

7. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[13]

8. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[16]

9. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[15]

10. Move Silently: (1d20+7)[27]

14. - Top - End - #494
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't think you are, just warning you that Xander probably wont end up concealing the things you disapprove of as well as Tarith, so we will probably have a good number of times our characters have long conversations about our beliefs, more of witch will probably end with Dantie being angry at Xander, more often than Xander is angry at Dantie.

I will not ask you to speak to the creature, however if I feel it will speed our ability to defeat this monster and prevent further destruction at his hand, then I feel it is my responsibility to learn all I can, through witch ever course available.

If this lich is a senschel of a distant country , then it is safe to assume other undead could presumably me the same or greater positions in other countries. In witch case the High City declaring a holy war on all undead would inevitably lead to a massive war involving multiple countries and leading to the unnecessary loss of many lives, would it not?

I agree the knowledge should be kept from those that would use them for ill, but the destruction of and knowledge whether good or evil should be condoned. Even if eventually it all was destroyed and all who sought to use it where slain, eventually someone else would decide to do the proper research, or pray to a darker deity for the proper thing, and the cycle will begin again, peoples attempts to to eradicate specific things from history only to have it arise anew again.

His face? That is impressive, what level spell was required for that? He may not have Varien, but he seems to have his own assortment of pets at the moment, but hopefully which ever pet he has will be weaker than Varien was.

Tarith, I have plenty of spells left as well you are welcome to, but it appears Dantie was able to provide you what you need.

Spoiler
    Show
    listen [roll1d20-4[/roll] Alan, I have a ring of sustenance as well, I know I need 8 hours of rest to regain spells, after 2 hours of sleep, can I just lay in my bedroll and read some books, and the like, and rest for 6 more hours. But still be awake?
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-19 at 08:33 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

15. - Top - End - #495

GreenSorcererElf

Pity. Looks like they can still find us.

Tarith wakes up Bishop quietly, before heading out to get a better look at these creatures

@Whispered Bishop: "10 unknowns closing, I am going to investigate. Stay quiet. If attacked, wake them up, otherwise, let them rest to recover spells."

Tarith will sneakily move around, trying to figure out what is heading for the group.

Spoiler
    Show

hide(1d20+27)[44]
    move silently(1d20+27)[32]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: The prowlers haven't seen anyone, but they decide to be sneaky, nonetheless, according to their master's brief instructions.

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Hide (1d20+7)[12]

2. Hide (1d20+7)[17]

3. Hide (1d20+7)[18]

4. Hide (1d20+7)[15]

5. Hide (1d20+7)[23]

6. Hide (1d20+7)[13]

7. Hide (1d20+7)[26]

8. Hide (1d20+7)[25]

9. Hide (1d20+7)[14]

10. Hide (1d20+7)[22]

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: And then you see them, as you hide within the trees. They are spread out, coming in from different sides of the camp. Each about 40ft. away from the other. Hunched and feral. The moonlight coming through the canopy lights the side of one of the prowler's faces.

Kazym's salt mummies.

18. - Top - End - #498

GreenSorcererElf

To bluff, hide, or fight. To choose, I need more information

Tarith will try to see if any of the mummies are Basil or Cecile

hide(1d20+27)[29]
    move silently(1d20+27)[44]
    Note: the mummies do not get new rolls, unless they try to search again. This is for any new enemies
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You assess the situation. The pack looks more organized this time, but, as far as sneakiness goes, not as bright when it comes to detecting you. Sadly, Basil and Cecile are not amongst the group.

20. - Top - End - #500

GreenSorcererElf

Well, here goes nothing.

Tarith casts Glibness, followed by disguise self, using the last charge on his armor to fuel Glibness(2 levels left), and the last spell taken from Dantie to fuel Disguise Self. He disguises himself as Kazym.

After preparing himself, he walks out, emulating what he has seen of Kazym's gait, and faces the nearest salt mummy.

"Abandon this search. Go to the church of Pelor in the city, kill all within."

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+16)[34] Disguise
    (1d20+51)[62] bluff
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You assume Kazym's guise and utter the orders. The mummies stop in their tracks and look at you. Surprised indeed to see their master so far away from their designated area. The monsters growl in approval and begin heading towards the northern part of the forest, From where you came, hopeful in destroying the church.

In your mind...

Nice trick, Spellbane. You have merely buzzed against a lion's ear in terms of annoyance. I have a trick prepared too. Hopefully, you'll be alive to see it.

22. - Top - End - #502

GreenSorcererElf

@The Lich
    A creature so pathetic that you could not stay alive? Somehow, I am not worried. Besides, I can trump your trick. Balion has already agreed to it. Have fun. After all, you only have 6 of them.

Tarith waits until the mummies are out of sight before dropping his guise, and resuming his watch. Once he does, he informs Bishop the threat is gone, and that he can go to sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

bluff(1d20+51)[62]
    Implying that Balion has agreed to destroy a phylactery
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You sleep well through the night. Tarith, you can only hope the Western Grove deals with the undead you sent to Justcrown. The sounds of birds above signal the coming day.

Elsewhere, in the woods..

"Damn. I must've been bit by a bug last night." Balion wakes up scratching his left ear.

Kazym smiles inward as he watches the Guardian scratch his ear.

"Well, what did you expect? This forest crawls with vermin. And you have slept without a tent or a similar precaution. Walk it off, Guardian. You should not be bothered by such nuisance. We are so, so close to reuniting you with your goddess."

As Old Balion rides Aluserk, he prods his ear once more. Kazym watches as he rides ahead of him and grins, causing muscles unused in years to crack.

Now to test my new weapon....

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

As the new day starts Dantie wakes up at his normal time, just before dawn and begins to pray, not worried about the others in the least. It seemed that Tarith and Bishop had taken care of everything last night, so he should be fine for 1 hour in prayer. And so it went for an hour of Dantie reciting the word of Pelor to all that would listen, this day though he made sure to make a point to uses Pelors holy texts very words on the undead and what should become of them.

When the hour was finally finished Dantie looked at everyone and with a smile said to Tarith and Bishop Anything interesting happen last night? It just seems odd that with all that is going on, and all the missing pilgrims that we have only run into three of them so far. Dantie says a little confused. As he waits for a reply he casts a simple spell to make enough food for them to last the day and once done says Eat what you want now, when we are finished we can pack the rest up later. and with that Dantie begins to eat. All the while wondering how Balion is doing on his end of the woods with the vile lich.

25. - Top - End - #505

GreenSorcererElf

"Nothing worth mentioning happened while I was on watch. I heard some shuffling, but I was able to conceal the camp from them, so no worries."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #506

Bishop asks Gigglemug, "Do you have any modes of transportation for sale? Such as a horse?"

Then concerned about the scare in the middle of the night begins the day with a lot of alcohol, consuming over a dozen tankards worth of ale in under a minute. Then says to the group, "Let's get going, I'm feeling pretty good right now."

Spoiler
    Show

An Int score of 3 provides human-like intelligence, so he is not out of his mind stupid while drinking.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-20 at 11:00 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

27. - Top - End - #507

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith looks on in amazement as Bishop drinks enough ale to drown a small army, and then is still standing, and even talking.

"Adventure awaits. Let's not keep it waiting"

Tarith goes around camp, gathering up his explosive runes, and cutting the ones he scribed on the bark out, and placing them all in his pack.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: Gigglemug descends from the tree and watches you imbibe gargantuan amounts of ale.

"Uhhh... no horses here, I'm afraid. They say that every once in a new age the Courts descend with their stallions and gallop through the fey woods, but I have never seen such wonders myself."

@The Party: Gigglemug guides you through more root-laden paths. The sun here barely slips through the canopy and the scent of decay is ever stronger. The area is devoid of life here as most of the foliage on the ground has been either burnt or salted. You see, covered in dried moss a large statue of a bearded man wearing hunter's attire and a holding a bow aimed towards the south, the way you are headed. The statue, like the one before, bears claw marks in various parts of its body. An inscription lies below.

Jacob, The Valiant
    Who forever stands by her Side
    Blessed be Him

29. - Top - End - #509

Bishop looks at the statue, and thinks to himself, "I want a statue with my name on it." He then looks at a nearby tree, "Hmmmm...maybe later." and continues walking south.
    Intelligent doors FTW

30. - Top - End - #510

GreenSorcererElf

"And here we have the third statue. Somewhat battered, but it looks like a bear has been at it. Perhaps the jealous druid again? Looks like there has been a lot more undead activity here. Gigglemug, is the bow aiming at anything in particular?"

As he is talking, Tarith searches the immediate are, looking for signs of what has been here, as well as any dropped items.

search(1d20+20)[33]
    survival(1d20-1)[13]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss