Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith stays in the rather smelly pod, and hopes the blind clears up soon
    (5 rounds left, probably now.)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander & Tarith: You hear the roar coming from beyond the wall and see part of it begin to part as the mushrooms shriek at an irritating din. You hold Tarith and run towards a pod and dive in. The insides are wet and slimy. The scent inside is far worse than the outside. Attempting to get out now, or perform actions such as somatic spells would be most difficult, especially since you share a space with Tarith, but as long as you're inside, you ought to be safe, or at least you hope.

    @Dantie & Bishop: You turn around the corner where Xander and Tarith went and hear heavy steps in that direction. You turn around the corner, and there it is.

    The creature is not as tall as the Shepherd, but it would be where it standing upright. This beast walks on all fours. Its general appearance, shape, and stance is that of a lion, but thatīs where the similarities end. This creature is definitely a plant, made entirely out of thorns and briars. The beast looks as if it was bred for war. Heavily muscled and knotted. It looks at you through yellow eyes while it drips sap out of its mouth. A collar has been placed around it, made of metal. Hanging from the collar is an amber casing. Inside the amber casing, you see a black rose.

    The monster roars at both of you as the entire area shakes and shrieks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20-2)[13]

  3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Well, that sounds mean. Wish I could see.

    Tarith waits for his eyes to start working again.
    (4 rounds left now, I believe...)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alan I made a map of where everyone was, you said the area opened up in the center where T was, Me and Bishop are still in the first little area before the turn just before the ruins.


    As Dantie sees the beast he does not wait a single second, Quickly he casts his spell which sends three rays of fire at the beast and then falls back to behind the ruins he had placed. Bishop follow me, we want to trap this. Dantie says as he falls back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[29] against touch attack for the next two as well, though not sure if I need all the rolls, just in case though. (1d20+11)[13] (1d20+11)[25] Now for damage rolls. (5d8+1)[31] fire damage (5d8+1)[26] fire damage (5d8+1)[22] fire damage. Because it is a plant it should do extra damage, but that is up to you Alan, if it does let me know so I can know for future refrence on attacks. The spell I used was triade spell to cast Searing light 3 times in a row. The plus 1 comes from knowledge devotion. Looks like 53 damage to me with no extra damage from it being fire based, Sounds like it got hit and hit hard. Not sure if 2nd attack hit. Probably not though.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-22 at 10:32 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #575
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    It does indeed, Bishop, Dantie Is there any way you can try projecting a image of what the creature looks like?...It smells terrible in here, It have better be worth it, this scent will take weeks to get out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    initiative (1d20+6)[18]
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  6. - Top - End - #576
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Hope this works Dantie thinks as he sends a mental image over the link, not sure if it will work or not though.

  7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You stretch your hand towards the Rose Bearer and blast it thrice with blasts of fire. Oddly enough, the creature seems to absorb or shrug off the attack. It doesn't seem fazed at all.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'll wait to see if Tarith decides to delay since he's hidden. If he acts now, I'll go aftrewards, followed by Bishop.

  8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Either way, Tarith is useless while blinded, so will wait. Did the prestidigitation use take any more time off of the blind?
    4 rounds remaining now.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie & Xander: Dantie sends a mental image to you of what he is looking at. This is what you learn from its appearance and from tales you may have heard.

    This creature is a Battlebriar. Called Nature's Engines of Destruction. They were bred many centuries ago by ancient druid sects who learned the secret from elder treants. Their creation is a closely guarded mystery. And the appearance of one alone spells certain doom for a small army. Much care should be taken when facing a creature such as this.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Will wait on Xander to act, then I go, followed by Bishop.

  10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    So, after looking at Xander's sheet, he no longer has anything to get the collar off of it, but he does have web and grease to slow it down. So, going with grease.


    After Xander hears the creature pass, he steps out of the pod, hoping to get a good look at it, such a strange and unique creature. However, after he takes a good look at it, he realizes that studying it while it is alive would be... rather stupid. Seeing that he needs to slow it down, he greases the ground under the creature

    (reflex dc 17 or fall, unable to move until gets up)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander: You squeeze a bit of greased pork rind between your fingers and utter the incantation. The area under the Rose Bearer becomes glistening with oil, much like that used for smearing pans at a kitchen. The Rose Bearer struggles to maintain its balance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (1d20+6)[16]


    The beast makes struggles rather clumsily to keep its footing. And then you watch it fall flat on the ground.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-22 at 11:26 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #582
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop, unarmed, moves towards the giant plant thing and attempts to grab and take the things collar, as the amber things seemed important when fighting the Sheperd, and he notices that it is shiny and interesting.

    After attempting to grab the amber casing, Bishop moves back out of reach of the creature. (Spring attack)

    Spoiler
    Show



    Disarm attempt - to get the amber casing into Bishop's hands, since he is unarmed

    Improved Disarm - no AoO provoked by Bishop

    (1d20+31)[49]


    Battlebriar makes opposed attack roll, takes penalties for being prone, it gets +4 per size category it is larger than Bishop, and -4 since Bishop isn't targeting a weapon but rather the amber casing

    If Bishop wins, it is now in Bishop's hand.

    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-22 at 11:37 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Bishop: The Rose Bearer looks at you as you move in to take his precious pendant. Old Balion instructed him to keep that thing close to him, and he shall obey blindly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Battlebriar's opposed check (Assuming Bishop is medium sized): (1d20+30)[31]


    You manage to take break the pendant around his neck with oe deft move and run away with amber in hand!

    The Rose Bearer roars in anger as it tries to stand up.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-22 at 11:57 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party: Gigglemug peeks from the entrance to the hedge and sees what's going on.

    "You got it? You got it! What are you waiting for? Get out of there!!!"

  15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith, having no idea what is going on, continues to wait. Xander will try to move past the creature, staying well away from it

    (if he can't, dimension door to escape)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You hear all the commotion and Gigglemug's assertion that indeed something has been retrieved. You, however, are still blind and smelling quite foul inside the bulb, which shudders and belches forth, invading your nostrils with that sweet, rancid aroma.

    @Xander: You are facing the beast, a few feet away. Attempting to walk by it would probably be painful, as the massive Battlebriar could reach you and only Delleb knows what it would do if it managed to get ahold of you. You close your eyes and envision the entrance of the hedge maze. When you open your eyes, you see Gigglemug a few feet in front of you, peeking around the corner to the entrance of the maze.

    You have evaded a most painful encounter. You can only hope Tarith and the rest fare just as well.

  17. - Top - End - #587
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    As Dantie sees that the mission is a success he quickly throws up a wall of good to stop all evil creatures from passing infront of the line of ruins, picks the ruins up and runs for the entrance. Good job Bishop. Tarith when you can see again we got the rose, so head to the exit. It is immune to my spells, or so it seems at least. Dantie says through the mental link as he runs. Then calls out to Bishop, Bishop I need a boost of speed. Mind picking me up? Dantie says to him watching the battlebriar close in on him.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-22 at 12:48 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You raise your holy symbol and a golden wall materializes in front of you, as if Pelor himself had placed his hand in front of your enemies. Hopefully, this will deter the monster from following you out.

    The Rose Bearer attempts to stand up and not fall back down again.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-22 at 12:53 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #589
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop picks up Dantie, then makes his way back out of the maze of roses.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  20. - Top - End - #590
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alan he is still down. -2 remember, so he rolled a 16. needs 17 to stand.

  21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Forgot again about the -2 penalty. It did not pass anyway, but let's see what he would've gotten.


    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[9]

  22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Well, while I am waiting, I might as well look around

    Tarith will cast Detect magic, and look around at his surroundings.

    (Note: Tarith will continue on concentrating on the spell in later rounds, unless otherwise stated)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party: The Battlebriar attempts to rise yet again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[6]


    And down it goes again.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-22 at 01:19 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    3 rounds before Tarith can see again...


    Tarith continues to focus on his spell, and waits for the blind to wear off.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  25. - Top - End - #595
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop, unable to patiently wait, heads back into the maze. Upon seeing the battle briar still on the ground he runs over to it, attacks it with his scythe and then backs away from it after attacking


    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack:
    (1d20+34)[39]

    Damage:
    (2d8+37)[47]

    I'm about 90% sure that those are the correct pluses, as myth-weavers is down and I can't check to confirm.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You poke your head out of the bulb and, although blinded still, cast the spell. The divination does not allow you to see your way through the hedge maze, but it does allow you to point out auras somewhere beyond your position.

    Indeed, you do sense a faint transmutation coming deeper into the maze, but who knows exactly where.

    At that moment, the bulb begins to make gagging sounds and bursts, releasing your from your hiding spot.

  27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Uhoh. Time to run

    Tarith still has blink going, so he will start moving towards the aura.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action, so 30 feet in the direction. He can walk through walls.
    (1d100)[49]
    (1d100)[13]
    (1d100)[46]
    and the force is not with me, so no walking through the walls this round...
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-22 at 01:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey
    Aerin, Shards

  28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Bishop: You hit the Rose Bearer and this one attempts to hit in return, but you prove much too fast for him.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-22 at 01:35 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: The Battle briar looks at you from its prone position and roars as it tries to stand up yet again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13]


    To no success.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Bishop, please confirm if the attack hit.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-22 at 01:33 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #600
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Seeing the creature unable to stand up, Bishop moves in, attacks the prone creature again, then moves back 30 ft. away.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack:
    (1d20+33)[43]

    Damage:
    (2d8+36)[48]

    Intelligent doors FTW

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •