Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith sleeps through it...
    (If only it was a spell effect...)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  2. - Top - End - #662
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so Tarith had two rounds, the first moving, the second falling asleep so...


    Dantie starts getting impaticent as time starts going by, at first he only prays for protection, but as another few moments go by Danite is now Desperate I'm going in, get glittermug out of here and go to the the the wall where the pieces need to be placed. I will meet you there. If I am not their by tomorrow go to the coven and tell them of what happened.. And with that Dantie goes into the maze. His body covered in fire.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so on the first round casted protection from evil, though I am immune to mind effecting abilities, the sleep, the armor does help. The 2nd turn I casted fire shield.Time to go badass on this maze. Dantie will be activating his armor once he gets into the maze to fly at a speed of 60ft. He will not stop to take turns he is burning right through the maze until he comes to Tarith. These are damage rolls for whatever gets in his way and thus touches him, all of which is fire damage.
    (1d6+11)[16]
    (1d6+11)[16]
    (1d6+11)[14]
    (1d6+11)[13]
    (1d6+11)[17]
    (1d6+11)[17]
    (1d6+11)[17]
    (1d6+11)[17]
    (1d6+11)[15]
    (1d6+11)[14]
    Them are rolls for 10 rounds of damage from fire shield.


    Once Dantie enters the maze he calls upon Pelors flame to light his weapon and with that he takes flight looking for Tarith.

    Spoiler
    Show
    My mace now deals 1d6 normal damage+1d6 fire damage+str+3. and I move at 60ft. A turn. Hope this speeds things up for you alan.

  3. - Top - End - #663
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    After Xander watches as Dantie charges into the garden, blindly looking for Tarith. He looks to Gigglemug.
    I may have lost my connection to Tarith, but be and Dantie are still connected mentally, none of use know what the two of them are going to encounter inside there. You said Tarith would probably be assimilated, I assume the garden would have to do this at a specific location? If Dantie is going to have any hope in finding Tarith, he will need some sort of directing, can you aid me in directing Dantie's course in order to ensure a safe and speedy return?

    Spoiler
    Show
    internet came back on, I'm hoping Gigglemug can give some type of directions, or maybe communicate with the plants to learn approximately where Dantie needs to look, with out that, even burning though walls Dantie still has no clue where he is looking. Seeing as Tarith traveled through walls as well, and is lost, and sleeping some place in the maze.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-23 at 02:41 PM.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You spread your wings and fly as fast as you can in a straight direction, engulfed in flames and crying out Tarith's name. You can hear the mushrooms and roses shriek in pain. You finally see Tarith- or what can be decsribed as Tarith. He is wrapped in roots, barely viisble and being pulled below ground.

    @Xander: As you and the rest of the group watch Dantie burn a hole through the walls as he flies in, Gigglemug looks up at you.

    "The rose garden will attempt to assimilate the one who dealt the last blow to the Rose Bearer. If that person were to escape, it will find another source within the garden. Something or someone who does not belong."

  5. - Top - End - #665
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop says, after sobering up, "That is interesting. Xander take this and cut away any vines that I can't break free from." Bishop then hands Xander his scythe to cut the vines, and Bishop takes out 2 of his katana, one in each hand.

    Then Bishop puts 1 foot into the maze, to attract the vines to himself and away from Tarith and Dantie. But attempts to cut any vines that come towards him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bishop was the person who killed the Rose Bearer. Trying to cut away the vines as they approach his foot. Since it is only his foot he should have the chance to cut the vines before they cover his entire body.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  6. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Xander takes the scythe from Bishop.
    I will do my best, but I must warn you, I have never attempted to use a weapon as unwieldy as this, I do not suppose you have any simpler weapons on your person?
    Xander attempts to cut any vines nearing Bishop.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not proficient with martial weapons, and only a 7 attack bonus, after the -4 for lack of proficiency. Xander is swinging at vines with a 3 attack bonus.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Bishop: Indeed, the moment you place your foot inside the maze, amongst the chaos going on with Dantie burning up the walls and the mushrooms shrieking to a deafening din, roots attempt to entangle you yet again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 23 Reflex


    @Dantie: You watch Tarith being pulled below the earth by the roots. The bulb is about 20 ft. away from you. You do notice an angry swarm of swirling flowers around it.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-23 at 09:17 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #668
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    As Dantie finally finds what he assumes to be Tarith after much searching he sees that Tarith is in need of being sabved like he assumed, and not to soon either he thinks as he grabs onto his mace and slams it into the vines around Tarith, all the while his firey aura burning away all vines that come near him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alan how many rounds has it been? When last I left Tarith had 7 more rounds until he was awake. And saying I just flew X amount of feet I need to know how many turns of flying that was. Ok now for attacks.
    (1d20+12)[26] attack roll against vines if hits (1d8+4)[7] normal damage + (1d6)[1] fire damage + (2d6)[9] if evil (1d6+11)[15] against any vine his body touches or that touches him.
    (1d20+7)[11] attack 2 (1d8+4)[10] normal damage+ (1d6)[4] fire damage + (2d6)[7] if evil. Hope that sets him free.

  9. - Top - End - #669
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop slips the vines as they try to entangle him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex:
    (1d20+11)[24]

    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-23 at 09:32 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: Amid the fiery chaos you have created around your body, you bash the roots with your fiery mace, hoping to release Tarith, who is now a just shy of his shoulders into the ground. The roots recoil as they release his grip. It will take your whole strength to get him out of that hole. Then the roses around you emit more of that red pollen, filling the entire maze.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude DC 28 or fall asleep for 1 minute


    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: 2 rounds to get to Tarith.

  11. - Top - End - #671
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alan needing a 18 or higher for a save to pass? I have a +10 and could not pass that normally, luckily I am immune to all spells and effects of enchantment.


    As the roots pull back away from Danties attack he sees a red mist come from all around him. So this is what must have gotten Tarith. Dantie thinks before sending to Xander, make sure whatever you do do not breath the red mist. It puts you to sleep I think because Tarith is out cold. As he is doing this he replaces his morning star and with both hands trys to pull Tarith out of the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so Tarith is out for 4 more rounds then now, and time for my strength check to pull him out. (1d20+1)[11] lets hope this works.

  12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Through all of this chaos, Tarith continues to sleep peacefully.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You grit your teeth and hold on to Tarith as you pull him out of the ground. The roots attempt to wrap around you, but you are surrounded by fire, something these plants are not too fond of. The bulb a few feet away from you sinks into the ground and the entire place begins to rumble. You can hear Gigglemug shouting from the opening you created.

    "Bring him back now! The garden is about to change again!"

    @Bishop: You manage to pull a root from the hedge with a loud snap. The root coils around your arm and then turns brown and slips into the ground.

  14. - Top - End - #674
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    As Dantie sees everything about to change, and hears glimermugs scream he holds onto Tarith and begins flying out of the maze, his friend in hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok tarith is asleep for 3 more rounds. it took me two rounds to get to him so that is 120ft, do not know if I move slower because I have tarith. But here is fire damage from aura (1d6+11)[12] (1d6+11)[17] thats both rounds, and now I will be gone for the day, good luck everyone.

  15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You manage to put Tarith on your back. He is still our. You spread your wings and try to jet out of there in a straight line, just as you did in. However, as you are halfway through the maze, getting out, Tarith begins to lay heavy on you. The roots around the entire area have begun to snake out of the ground and the mushrooms shriek at a shrill that could burst your era drums. The entire shape of the garden is changing as the walls begin closing in, in a mass of thorns flowers, mushrooms and roots.

    @Bishop: Gigglemug looks at you.

    "I don´t think they´ll make it on time!"

  16. - Top - End - #676
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop runs in, looking for Dantie and Tarith, and when he sees them he grabs them and runs back out of the maze.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dantie should still be on fire, and warding off the roots and Bishop will use him as a shield to clear the path on the way out.

    Intelligent doors FTW

  17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Sleeping merrily away, Tarith is currently in a much happier place. Dreaming of his amazing wealth, and all of his successful adventures to get them, he is about as happy as he has ever been. The only thing nagging at him is the feeling that it is all too easy.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Bishop: You take a charging stance and run into the opening left by Dantie. Crossing at an impressive speed, you screech to a halt where Dantie is kneeling with Tarith's weight on his back. The scorched roots left around him attempt to move wrap themselves around you, as the roses expel their red aroma.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex DC 13 for heavily burned roots or be entangled, Fortitude DC 28 or fall asleep


    The walls in the maze have begun to close in and converge as they create a spiraling motion.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-24 at 04:54 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #679
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop manages to keep himself out of the entangling roots, only to fall asleep.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bishop has the bag of holding....
    Intelligent doors FTW

  20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander: You watch from the opening left by Dantie that Bishop managed to reach them, but the pollen got the best out of him, dropping him next to Dantie and Tarith.

    Gigglemug watches as the entire garden is starting to close in, surely trapping them. He turns to you.

    "I think I can get one out, but I will need protection from the pollen. Do you have any?"

    @Dantie: As Tarith weighs in on you, your feet begin to sink into the soil as Bishop begins to be covered in small roots and vines.

    You need to leave

    A female voice speaks into your mind as the garden slows its crushing assault. The pollen seems to be going away, but not completely.

  21. - Top - End - #681
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Xander looks at Gigglemug.
    I do not, but I have a idea, Dantie is awake, if i can remove the weight of the other two from the equation, then he can simply pull there floating forms out behind him.

    Xander casts Chain Levitate, on Tarith and Bishop, afterward he raises them off the ground so Dantie can pull them out.

    Dantie, I will levitate them so you can get them out with out you having to struggle with there weight.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander: You close your eyes and raise your hand while intoning the old teachings. When you open your eyes, Dantie, Tarith, and bishop are floating in mid air as the maze begins closing on them.

    @Bishop & Tarith: Dantie's scorching armor against your skin gives you a rude awakening. The area has changed dramatically as the garden is in a frenzy and about to close in on you. You also find yourself floating in midair. At the edge of the maze, you see Xander focusing on keeping the spell active as he raises his hand and Gigglemug jumping frantically up and down as he yells at you.

    "What are you waiting for! Get out of there!"
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-24 at 06:27 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Dreaming of all of his amazingly successful adventures, and the wealth gained thereby, Tarith wakes up, his castle on fire, all of his wealth and mementos going up in flames. He tries to flee, but is caught, and consumed. He awakes screaming from the nightmare, and swiftly realizes that he was in a dream. Looking around at the rapidly collapsing maze, Tarith realizes that he has failed.
    I was so close... just a second more, and it would have been mine. Now, I will never know. On the other hand, death is overrated, so I think it is time to go.

    Tarith will use his stored magical energy to cast fly, and pull Dantie and Bishop out of the maze.(5 remain)

    After they land, he looks mournfully at the maze, regretting his loss.

    "So, what happened? I was a second from getting the item, and then there was this pollen..."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You grab a hold of Dantie, who holds Bishop, and make a flying dash out of the maze as you near the exit the roots spring forth from the ground as spikes, attempting to impale you, but you manage to deftly evade them as the scorched circle created by Dantie is engulfed by vegetation.

    @The Party: You look from the safety outside the maze as the roots, roses, mushrooms and the Rose Bearer itself become entangled and spiral upward, breaking the roof and forming a giant green spike, studded in thorns. The entire place sheds the light from the sun, unimpeded by the root screen before.

    "You do know we only needed the Rose from the guardian, right?", Gigglemug looks at you.

    "We still have one more trial, I'm afraid. Anzaril's Fang. We must make haste!"

  25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Impressive. Wish there was not that sleep effect...

    "Gigglemug, one of the creeds I try to live by is to never leave behind loot. There was more items in that maze, but I was unable to reach them in time. I will admit, I was not expecting the sleep effect though. Perhaps we will be able to get the remaining item from this maze at a later date. Still, which way to Anzaril?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: "Remember those two paths fro the Thorn Gate? Anzaril's Font is to the right. She won't be easy to spot and is a nasty fey, who uses the lake itself as her lair. She exiled herself there when the Western Coven found her to be too dangerous. Would explain why she attempted to rapport with Old Balion. I'll show you the way."

  27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "How will we get under the lake? I am assuming that is where she is, or will we need to draw her out, somehow. Still, we might as well get walking"

    Tarith starts walking in the direction Gigglemug indicates.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party: You walk away from he now destroyed Rose Garden and pass the winding path and stop at the Thorn Gate. Tarith, the Shepherd's acorn begins to glow. Bishop, you feel a crack in the amber casing where the rose is kept.

    Way beyond, past the Thorn Gate, a very distant clanking sound can be heard.

  29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Looking around at the others as they stop.

    "Why are we stopping? If you are after a multi part key, you don't use any component of the key until you ave them all."

    Tarith continues walking to Anzaril's lair.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Aerin, Shards
    Viviana, Myrym

  30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party: You walk a few hours towards Anzaril's lair. The air begins around you is getting moist, as dew forms on your gear. You reach an entrance flanked by two enormous weeping willows. A statue of an elf maiden, simlar to the one at the rose garden has been placed at the entrance, to the side. This one is standing tall and proud and holds a decanter on her left hand, which spews water into a bowl at her feet. As before, an inscription reads at the base of the statue, covered by the running water from the decanter.

    And here She bathed
    Radiant and Beautiful
    That the Waters became Unspoiled
    And the land was Born Anew

    The statue looks down on you with a gentle silent smile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •