Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 720 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    I wonder...

    Tarith will cast detect magic, and search the area. He will specifically look at the statue as well.

    search: 30
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You cloe your eyes for a brief second and utter the incantation, when you open them, you focus you gaze on the statue. The water glows with conjuration magic, powerful one too.

  3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Well now, it IS a decanter of endless water. After all these years of seeing Bishop's decanter in action, I can recognize it when I see it

    Tarith will attempt to remove the source of the water by using blink, and bringing it with him when he goes incorporeal

    Spoiler
    Show

    Assuming years of seeing Bishop use his decanter would let Tarith identify it
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You notice that the decanter is part of the statue, what radiates magic is the water. To attempt to remove the decanter would imply breaking the statue.

  5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Hang on... If it were the decanter, the statue would be magical, not the water.

    Tarith pulls out his monocle, and tries to identify the water, trying to make it look like he is searching the water in the statue for random loot.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You put on the monocle and study the statue, top to bottom, including the water. This is what you gather:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The statue has a blessing of sorts. The source is not identifiable by the monocle. The water that flows from the decanter is indeed endless and it has several properties to it. Mostly the ability to heal bodily harm and restore effects caused by necromancy, as well as healing poisons of all kinds. The basin where the water lies looks untouched. Its properties are finite, losing its miraculous powers after three full draughts have been emptied from the basin.

  7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Well, this is useful. This water will heal you, restore effects caused by necromancy, and cure poisons. Might be useful"

    Tarith rinses out 3 of the flasks his oil was stored in with the water from his waterskin, before filling them up with the water from the basin.

    "Shall we get moving? I didn't find anything else of use here."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party: You walk through the entrance flanked by the willows. This area is, like the two before an enclosed grove, but much, much larger, extending itself at least a mile, most of it being a lake. More willows rest their leaves on the shores of the lake and you see a stone pier with a small boat, enough for two people to fit in. several hundred feet to the left, an animal lies dead at the shore.

  9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Nice place. Pity about the inhabitants, though."

    Tarith activates his arcane sight, before waiting for the others to respond.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @You activate your sight and scour the area, as far as you can. If there was magic here, it is now gone. None that can be sensed.

    Gigglemug stays by the statue. "I'll just wait here. You go on. She's probably deeper into the lake. And I'd rather not have to deal with her."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-24 at 08:10 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #701
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Xander studies the lake.
    I wonder what killed the creature, and where I wonder are we supposed to go with the boat?

    Spoiler
    Show
    nature (1d20+15)[20] spot (1d20+2)[8]
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "I figured the creature was poisoned, and the boat will probably take us to the lair, or to our deaths. Or both. Either way, it seems to be the only way to proceed."

    Tarith heads up to the boat, and studies it

    spot(1d20+16)[22] arcane sight lasts 2 hours, so no worries.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming you walk towards the animal on the shore
    The creature is a deer, or what remains of it. It looks as if it has been dead for some time. It has shriveled and maggots eat at its belly. You do notice something peculiar on the animal.

    Two circular indentations on its neck.

    @Tarith: The boat looks old, but sturdy as soon as you place your foot in it. There are two oars to navigate the boat. There are traces of magic here, faint, very faint. As if someone was here a long time ago.

    Transmutation magic.

  14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Looks like someone else has been here, and used the boat. Still, it is our only option, so we may as well go for it.

    Standing at the edge of the pier, Tarith looks around, seeking something unusual in the lake, but after a few seconds he turns back to the group, disappointed.

    "Looks like this boat is the way forwards, but where to point the boat? To the middle of the lake? Gigglemug, do you have any idea?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  15. - Top - End - #705
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith you may be right, the deer has some small indentations on it, bite marks perhaps. Or could it be caused by the lich somehow.

    Xander examines the wound, trying to think of creatures that could leave such a mark, or any rituals that would involve slaying the deer in this way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    nature [roll]1d20+15[roll] religion (1d10+12)[21] arcane (1d20+21)[36]
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  16. - Top - End - #706
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok back everyone for the night at least. 9 hour work day tomorrow so I will be on early morning then late at night, though not this late. Again feel free to play Dantie while I am gone, though all RP purposes when it comes to diplomacy I would like to wait for me. I do enjoy my talks with people. Thank you everyone, this should be the last time this week hopefully.


    As Dantie with the help of Xander gets out of the maze he deactivates his armor, to save the rest for a latter time. Once done he looks at Xander and says Good quick thinking. Then to glimermug he adds, Next time a warning would be nice of what we may face, and what our best course of action would be. Unlike you, we are guest of these woods and do not know their dangers like you do. Dantie says hoping the small fey understands.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so I am assuming he is at the very least neutral so need a 20 to make him friendly, or 30 something to make him helpful (1d20+21)[41] diplomacy roll. Come on over a 9.


    As they get to the lake Dantie looks around and once seeing the statue tries to remember if it is the same woman from his passage into the underworld. But is distracted when Xander says something about what may be bite marks on the deer and he quickly goes over to him looking down at the animal. As he studies the wounds he calls back to glimermug, Anything you would like to tell us my friend before we go any further? Then to Tarith he asks how the boat looks.



    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[20] Arcane (1d20+5)[15] history (1d20+15)[22] Religion (1d20+9)[10] the planes (1d20+6)[23] survival (1d20+6)[25] spot (1d20+6)[18] listen (1d20+1)[19] search

  17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Dantie, I am hardly an expert on boats, but it is floating, so it should do. However, it is a bit on the small side. I don't think we can all fit in it. I can fly, but can someone else do the same?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander: You examine the deer. The way it has been placed on the shore. It doesn't look like it was dragged. The earth around it doesn't look stirred. This creature must've purposefully walked towards the shore of the lake and attacked. You race through your mind trying to find out what could've done this in a place like this. The fey are not carnivores- not for the most part. There is, however, a very rare forest denizen that feeds this way. If only you could recall the name...

    @Tarith: Gigglemug responds from the safety of the entrance, by the statue. "Well, I know Old Balion used to come here. It was said he'd row the boat towards the misty areas of the lake. Wherever the mists would form, Anzaril would await for him."

    @Dantie: You walk over to where Xander is, and take a look at the deer. The creature was sucked dry. There is no blood left on it. You do know of one creature that does that.

    Vampires.

    Gigglemug is weary to approach the shore, staying at the entrance to the lake grove.

    "That would be Anzaril's latest meal, Dantie." Gigglemug cries out from a distance. "She is... different from the other fey. Always was. reason why the Coven banished her."

    The wind around the lake picks up and the weeping willows stir the water for a few seconds. A voice carries through the air. A woman's voice. Vivacious and sensual.

    Dantieeee

    Dantieeee....

    Tee Heheheee
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-25 at 01:54 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #709
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Dantie looks at Tarith and says, Sadly I used my only way of flight to save you. Then to everyone he says Be weary everyone, this fey is also a demon from the deepest abyss. Though it is the lowest demon in known existence it is still no less frightening. This woman is a vampire. Dantie says staring at the lake. That is when he hears it, a voice calling to him from deep within. She devil your magic shall not work on us. Dantie screams across the lake before casting a spell, making sure not to face anyone as he does so that way she does not know what he is doing. Once done he speaks once more to the vampire of the lake. Have you made your peace creature, because after today you shall be no more. And with that Dantie pulls out his holy symbol getting ready to attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie has cast protection from evil on Bishop. Him failing that save will be bad. The others can be dealt with. Sorry Tarith but in the end your sneak attack can be stopped his damage can not be. I suggest you cast it though on yourself on this round though.

  20. - Top - End - #710
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith, you may be the only one able to fly at the moment, but there is always the same levitation trick we used in order to escape the maze earlier.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  21. - Top - End - #711
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop notes, "That boat is quite small." He then takes a figurine out of his pocket, tosses it into the air and yells, "Shazam!" Jesus appears in all her glory. "Does anyone need a ride?"

    Bishop then jumps onto Jesus' back and will follow the boat, flying 60 ft. above it. And will drink heavily while following the boat.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bishop will drink 2 tankards worth of ale per round while on Jesus.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-25 at 08:38 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith will cast pro evil and fly on himself, while the others get on the boat, and get moving.

    "Vampires. Why does it always need to be undead or trees in this place. A nice, simple, angry mob would be much simpler to deal with."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "This world is so violent. It is also something sinister that manages to seek us out, just once why can't it be something nice like a bunch of peaceful cute girls who don't want to kill us, but rather rewards us for our heroics." Bishop then begins daydreaming about it as he continues drinking.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  24. - Top - End - #714
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop, I will take you up on that offer, a birds eye view of the lake should help when the creature makes itself know, also I still have a connection to Dantie, so if he is in the boat, I can instantly warn him if there is signs of danger, I have a trick planned that may aid in weakening the creature, and may give us the upper hand.

    After seeing Tarith cast his spells.
    Tarith, might i be able to get protection for evil from you as well, if you can spare it, the less of us able to be effected by the creature the better.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Because, Bishop, if those girls want anything to do with you here, then they are probably vampires or something. Also, isn't this where someone would point out that heroics are their own reward? Load of BS, as even if you are world famous for destroying the vicious teen girl assault, without money, you will starve, and no one will help you."

    @Xander "All right. I will use up the last o the borrowed energies to cast a mind shielding spell on you."

    Tarith casts pro evil on Xander

    "Now, I think it is time to get going. You two have fun rowing. We will follow you in the air."

    Dantie climbs in the boat, and prepares to row the boat along, Tarith and Bishop are flying nearby.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-25 at 09:35 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  26. - Top - End - #716
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Xander, would it be possible to get that defensive spell from you again?"

    "Tarith, that is what I have this for." Bishop then points to the ring on his right hand.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bishop is talking about Mage Armor, as it was dispelled.

    Ring of Sustenance
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-25 at 09:34 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "I have heard that pickpockets are rather... vicious to heroes. If you weren't able to arrange payment beforehand, then you are almost certainly an easy mark, with lots of valuables."

    Spoiler
    Show

    In case anyone missed it, I modified my last post somewhat
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  28. - Top - End - #718
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop, I can use my pearl to recall one spell of that level at the moment, and seeing as there is plenty of water, and vampires are known to be able to fly, grease seems less important than mage armor. Tarith, how much energy would you need in order to allow Dantie and myself to fly, and did the boat emanate any magical energy when you looked at it?

    Xander pulls out a pearl from his pack, and after focusing on it a moment, casts Mage Armor on Bishop.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "I would need a decent amount, probably about the equivilant of your most powerful spell."

    (6 levels)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Elariel, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  30. - Top - End - #720
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith, you may steal the energy you need, Dantie should remain in the boat as bait however, and use the fly to escape a potential water based trap, in case the boat is compromised in some way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tarith 2 3rd lvl sorcerer spells, shutting down computer, later all.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •