New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

@Dantie: Silas receives the pouch from you.

"Of course, Dantie! Tarith will see this delivered should he stop by. Xander, the students already know who you are, my friend. I'm sure they'll be anxious for your return and to begin the new lessons."

@Tarith: Clementine, a local seamstress is almost in tears as she hears your tale.

"I wanted a wedding in the woods!And the bastard ran away!!! I know what it means to be hurt, sir!"

Clementine looks at the silk dresses and studies them with care.

"These are very fine garments! It almost looks like Miranda's stuff. Oh my, well... uhmm. I can give you 300 pieces of gold for the set?"

@Bishop: You land with a loud crack on the splintered debris left around the tree. Then head towards the general direction of the flash. As you approach the burnt camp, you notice that some of the structures still stand, albeit burnt. An oddity, however...

Kalyn's body is gone.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"My dear Clementine, please, give me the chance to make my friends dream come true. Can you spare 400 for the set? They are very fine, and some of them are indeed Miranda's work..."

Spoiler
    Show

bluff(1d20+20)[27]
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Clementine looks at the clothes. Then ponders on your request.

"Very well, sir! Here's an extra one hundred. I'll make sure these dresses make your lovely Cecile proud!"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander takes five vials and puts them in his sack.
    Thank you, I should be able to take a variety of samples while I am there. I will inform Tarith of our intentions when I next see him.

After Silas made his announcement to the classroom.
    As Silas says, admittance into the mentioned courses will be strongly influenced by your scores. Only those truly dedicated are capable of combing the two, however if you are unable to excel in your studies then a deeper understanding of the arts will be outside your grasp.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

5. - Top - End - #65

GreenSorcererElf

"Thank you for your kindness. It will not be forgotten."

Tarith takes the money, and leaves, heading for the fence.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Galenos, the local fence greets you in his shop as two of his men stand by the door to his shop in Mudstall Alley. Galenos smiles crookedly as he sees you walk in.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't Tarith the Raven. You have something for me?"

7. - Top - End - #67

GreenSorcererElf

"I do indeed. 5 items, each worthy of note. First, a bust of Pottsdorff, stolen from under his nose, should interest a collector for around 400. Second, a rather fine mirror stolen from the same location. No identifying marks, so it should sell for around 1200. Third, the armor and weapon of the highest ranking Hextorite in the city. Should be worth something to someone, even if it is just as weapon and armor. 2200 for the set. Finally, and most specially, an item straight out of legends, its legend only added to by its disappearance from the dukes' palazio the night it was due to be displayed, its mystery only surpassed by its value, an item straight out of legend, and the prize of any collection, the Mask of Wes Ja. A genuine relic of a goddess, who knows what magical powers it might reveal in the right hands. Easily worth fifteen thousand gold. Now, I know you are thinking that price is high, but consider this: You would be selling a unique relic to a collector far from here, a collector willing to pay a rather large fortune for the item in question. If you can find the right buyer, I can easily see this going for one hundred thousand gold. Sadly, I don't have the time to devote to such a search."

As Tarith mentions each object, he places each on the table in front of the fence. However, the mask, he produces with a flourish, letting it glitter in the sunlight, trying to give the illusion that the rubies are glittering with their own inner light.

Spoiler
    Show

So, going for an insanely high price on the mask, but I figure it is possible for a unique relic(even though it is a fake, if a random fence has that many ranks in knowledge religion...
    Also, a lot of bluff checks, so I will list them here, and associate each one with a specific lie in editing.
    bluff(1d20+20)[24](price of the bust)
    bluff(1d20+20)[31](price of the mirror)
    bluff(1d20+20)[34](price of the weapons and armor)
    bluff(1d20+20)[38](Straight out of legends...)
    bluff(1d20+20)[31](disappearance from the palazio the night...)(not really a lie)
    bluff(1d20+20)[29](prize of any collection)
    bluff(1d20+20)[38](The mask is what it is)
    bluff(1d20+20)[35](relic of the goddess)
    bluff(1d20+20)[31](mysterious powers, hard to activate)

Sleight of hand(1d20+13)[27](making the eyes glitter in the sunlight
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-09 at 09:59 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

As they all head towards the main gate Dantie looks around to see if he sees Tarith or Bishop on his travels, but in truth he is paying more attention to Xander and Sir Lucian then to anything else. So Xander if you do not mind me asking what is it that got you into the arts. You seem like the type that would make a fine scholar for sure, but it is always good to hear the story of what made a person who they are today, do you not agree? Perhaps once you are done, on our travels I could tell you my own story. Then looking at Lucian Dantie adds, And what was life like for you and your brother before, unforeseen circumstances happened. You seem to have been very close. Dantie says trying to get to know the two man in his traveling group that he knows the least about. After all he had traveled with Tarith and Bishop for many years and could trust either one at his back. But these two were still wild cards, and could turn on him at any moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[11] spot (1d20+4)[8] listen

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Galenos laughs out loud as he sees the items placed on display in front of him.

"You greedy bastard, Tarith! I can still see the blood on the armor set from the poor sucker you pried it from. The mirror is indeed quite nice, and bonus for getting it from the duke's home. The bust would get me hanged if I were to have it here, but It can always be ground up and used for something... you never know with spell casters..."

He looks at the mask of Wee Jas with some interest.

"Hmmm... a relic, you say? This could fetch me some coin, but I would first have to assess that would you claim is true, Tarith. Give me a day and I can have this properly researched, so to speak. I will pay for the other items, of course. If you leave me the mask, it will be in good hands, naturally...mine."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Lucian walks along with you and Xander as he looks at the city.

"My family is originally from Geoff. We always lead a martial lifestyle, in accordance to Hextor's teachings. My brother, Kalyn, was the oldest, and the most pious. He trained very hard every day, both as a warrior and a s priest. Quickly rising through the ranks within the order, until he was ordained a Champion of the Faith. I am devoted as well to my god's teachings, although I take a slightly different view than my brother did. I am, of course, aspiring to take his place one day as Champion, but it will be through hard training and dedication to the faith of the Scourge of Hell."

11. - Top - End - #71

GreenSorcererElf

"I don't have time to stay in the city for a day, and I think it will be unlikely that you will be able to find much on it, as it is a rather obscure piece of history, somehow managing to thread its way through history almost nu-noticed, leaving only an annotation here, a passing remark there. I can give you a couple of hours, but no more. I have rather pressing business elsewhere. However, assuming that you agree that the pricing on the other items is fair, we might as well exchange goods."

Spoiler
    Show

bluff(1d20+20)[21](unlikely to find anything because it manages to avoid history)
    and... the epic fail bluff...
    Well, guess no 15 k gold for Tarith... Silly complex skill checks...
    Guess i will need to go with plan b after this... persuading him that it is the story behind the item that matters to collectors, not the reality of the item.
    Or I can hope for an epic fail sense motive check...
    (pricing: 1600 for Tarith alone, 2200 split between Tarith and bishop)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-09 at 10:53 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "Damn you, Spellbane. You should've called yourself The Snake, rather than The Raven. Where is your crew, by the way? Haven't seen them in a few days. Very well. I'm not coughing up that amount of money because it's not within my purse at the moment. I can give you 10 thousand for it, no more. And... any jobs I wish done by you in the future, be ready to fly for free, raven. Now, I believe our business is concluded."

13. - Top - End - #73

GreenSorcererElf

"Acceptable, depending on the difficulty of the mission. I am hardly going to accept a suicide mission. You know full well that you can sell that mask for a fortune to the right buyer."

Tarith leaves the items, and takes the gold, and leaves, heading for Silas's school, intending to sell the remaining gems there.

Spoiler
    Show

Intending on selling the 3 remaining rubies, and the 2 necklaces to Silas. The 5k in gems, is that to be treated as gold, or as more items to be sold?
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: That is gold now, just the items you have left in your bag.

You leave Mudstall Alley and head for Silas', confident you can wrap up the remaining businesses in town before your departure. As you walk into the school. Silas greets you with dagger in hand.

"This is for you. The wand is already inserted, see? Just activate the wand within the dagger normally, with but a thought, and you should get the desired effect. Be mindful of how many charges left."

Silas then looks under his desk and produces a pouch with your name on it.

"Dantie says this is for you, from the duke. You certainly earned it. Right now, if I'm not mistaken, Dantie, Xander, and Lucian have gone off to see some matter regarding Lucian's brother, I believe."

15. - Top - End - #75

GreenSorcererElf

"Thank you. I suspect that they intend on raising Lucien's brother. Somehow, I believe that it will not be as simple as they would like. Still, there is nothing that I can do about it for now. How much do you want for the modifications to the dagger? And would you be interested in buying some rubies and a couple of necklaces? Or in selling a Ring of Blinking?"

Tarith places the pouch in his bag, intending on looking at it later. He also removes, and re-inserts the wand from the dagger, ensuring he is able to do so quickly, if needed.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-09 at 11:17 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "Modifying the wand into the danger was a bit tricky, but it is done. I believe the price goes for 150 pieces of gold."

Silas looks at your wares.

"I can always use the pearls for divination purposes. The ruby I can't find any use off the top of my head right now, but I can buy them off from you. You never know when they might come in handy. You're in luck. I do have a ring of such nature."

17. - Top - End - #77

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith hands over 150 gold.

"Would you say 600 for each of the rubies is fair? You should be able to sell them to a jeweler for more. I was able to sell 2 similar rubies to a jeweler for 750 each, so they will sell for such a price. The handy dandy pearl necklaces, I would sell for 200 each. How much do you want for the ring? It is a rather expensive item, but there aren't that many who would buy such an item."

Spoiler
    Show

bluff(1d20+20)[33](ruby)
    bluff(1d20+20)[26](the price of the ring)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "This is the most expensive item in my shop, Spellbane. It took me a fair amount of time to forge it. The ring would go as high as twenty seven thousand. I have yet to find anyone willing to pay that price, so I can part with it for twenty five. A fair deal, if I ever heard one. Plus I get the necklace and one ruby?"

19. - Top - End - #79

GreenSorcererElf

"Fair enough. Do you wish to purchase the other rubies, or the other necklace?"

Tarith digs through his pack, and starts pulling out gold coins, creating a fair sized mound on Sila's desk. Next, He places one ruby and one necklace on the table. Finally, he steps back, and looks at the pile sadly.

"It almost seems a shame to let it go, still, it will be worth it."

Tarith takes of the ring on his right hand, and replaces it with the ring of blinking, and activates it, just to see if it works. He pockets his ring of protection for later use.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: I'll take the necklace and one of your rubies." Silas places his arm around the pile of gold and brings it towards him.

"Out one bag and into another."

Silas lets the gold fall off the edge of the table into a conveniently placed bag at the edge. You watch as the shining suns disappear into the greedy bag. Silas watches the last coin go in and takes the bag in his hand.

"I guess it's full. I do hope your travels turn out good, Spellbane. I have a feeling it won't be an easy journey."

21. - Top - End - #81

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith deactivates the ring, before talking to Silas again.

"Fair enough, here is the second necklace and one of the remaining rubies. Thanks for the ring. It may well be a lifesaver."

After trading the necklace and the ruby for 800 gold, Tarith heads to the gate, intending on waiting for the others. Along the way, Tarith looks in the pouch provided by the duke.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You open the pouch and see it sparkles with more gold. Not as much as the one you produced at Silas', but two thousand pieces of gold for your efforts the night prior. As you walk towards the main gate, you notice Dantie, Xander, and Lucian are already there.

23. - Top - End - #83

Not much I can really do here, I'm not one for magic.

Bishop then heads back to his tree house, where he said that he would meet Tarith later.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-10 at 07:34 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

24. - Top - End - #84

RedWizardGuy

Xander looks up from the scroll he is studying while he walks with Dantie and Lucien.
    I was born to the east of here, in the country of Kingdom of Nyrond. A minor noble, at a young age my father passed, and i was adopted by my personal tutor, who took me to live at The University Temple in Rel Mord with him, That is where i grew up and first met Silas. I spent much of my younger years in the confines of the school, and still attempt to spend more time there then away, preferring to call the school my home, I already miss the solace its halls provide. But as the Headmaster had told me years ago, keeping myself locked away in the libraries is a much a crime as locking a tome of great lore away in some vault, never to be seen. So I travel when not working on a project, following the tenets set forth by Delleb himself, to acquire as much knowledge as i am able, and share that knowledge with the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    So I'm having a few problems with my home computer, witch is causing me to be unable to use the internet reliably, until I figure out whats wrong and fix it I will be able to do few posts outside of work

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

GreenSorcererElf

"Hello again. I have managed to make deals I intended to make, and am ready to go. Where is Bishop?"

Tarith follows them, confident that none of his lies are going to come home to roost for now.

Spoiler
    Show

So, the amazing time warping Tarith
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-10 at 08:47 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #86

Bishop, sitting on the side of the roof of the tree house, overlooking the city spots Tarith and Dantie, and some people near them. He then yells at them, "TARITH, DANTIE, UP HERE!" as he screams at the two he almost falls off the roof, but manages to catch himself before he does. He then takes another drink from his decanter.
    Intelligent doors FTW

27. - Top - End - #87

GreenSorcererElf

"Hey, Bishop. Where did you get the Tree House? Are you ready to go? We are heading around past the Champion's fortress, and from there, to the Fey Woods."

Tarith shakes his head in general amazement at Bishop's antics.

Gone for a few hours, and Bishop gets drunk, and somehow managed to build a tree house... He always manages to surprise me...
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #88

"I built the tree house, waiting for you guys. I went to the Champion's fortress a little while ago after seeing a flash of light come from it, but we can go back and check it out again."

Bishop then jumps down from the roof of his tree house, the tree behind him shakes a little from the force of Bishop landing on the ground. He then walks over to Tarith, "Manage to sell the rest of our stuff?"
    Intelligent doors FTW

29. - Top - End - #89

RedWizardGuy

Xander continues sitting and working on copying his scroll, only glancing up briefly to acknowledge Tarith when he arrives. He mostly ignores Tariths conversation with the drunk in the tree and continues working.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie listens to both of their stories he takes into account what they were raised from. Lucians past was not that different then his own, being raised basically by the church, it could explain why he worshiped Hextor and not his brother, old family traditions do die hard after all. But Xander he was much more puzzling, from what it seemed like he was born to be a leader, yet instead he choose the path of a scholar. And to a God Dantie could not quite remember hearing about no less. And the fact that he had said he was a seeker of knowledge that could provide problems later on. After all some knowledge was hidden away for a reason, and while Dantie would want to keep it that way, Xander would want to expose it to the world and write down about it. Both very dangerous if the information would fall into the wrong hands.

As Dantie poundered this he came, with his two companions to the main gate. Once their he looked around to see if Bishop or Tarith were their. Not seeing either he looked to Sir Lucian and said I do not see the other two, but this should be a simple retrieval. If you want we can go on our own. Just then Dantie heard Tariths voice come out of no where. I have no idea where Bishop is, last I saw him he was talking to you Tarith. You to have been talking quite a bit actually, are you up to something Tarith? And what do you mean you have made some deals? Dantie says looking at Tarith questionably. Just as he is about to purse the matter more he hears Bishop screaming and turns to look. What he sees is quite astonishing saying they had only left him for only 4 hours by himself. How in Pelors name did you manage to do all that in 4 hours Bishop. It would have taken a team of men at least twice that amount of time. Why don't you come here, never know how sturdy a building is after all. Definalty one built so quickly. Dantie then holds out Bishops bag of gold and says I have money for you, from the duke.

As Bishop mentions a flash of light at the champions fortress, and how there was nothing their Dantie gets worried. Bishop could you please explain everything that happened. This is important.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-10 at 09:15 AM.