New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

Xander looks up from his work. A puzzled look on his face.
    Did anyone else notice a light?
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: Gigglemug takes a few steps from the camp and looks into the distance.

"Indeed! It was a sudden flash, golden in color. Wonder what that was."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Tarith is going to walk, and avoid any water based dangers, as well as keeping out of the domain of Anzuril. Also, you can walk faster than you can move a row boat, unless you are very good at rowing.(Plus Tarith can run and hide if needed on land, but can't on water.

Also, Tarith just more or less got killed in the water twice, so he would probably be against entering it alone again.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: A few hours go by and you see someone coming from around the lake. At first, you can't tell who it is, but then, as the light of the camp sheds light on him, you see Tarith, covered in mud, drenched and with vicious bites on his body.

5. - Top - End - #875

GreenSorcererElf

As Tarith walked around the lake, he thought about what happened, and how to avoid it in the future. Eventually, he spotted the rest of the party, and wandered over to their position.

"Well, that did not go according to plan. Ran into some rather nasty snakes, and did not find my weapons. Managed to escape, with the help of someone else, although, I am not sure who. Still, not a good trip. I was almost killed, attacked by leeches, and teleported. I still feel more tired than I should. I am going to wash this mud off, and get some sleep. Hopefully, I will be better in the morning."

Tarith heads over to the edge of the lake, and starts using the water to wash the mud from his equipment and himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Hinting that he has con damage, and hopefully Xander will realize that he may have gotten a disease from the leeches.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #876

GreenSorcererElf

Upon seeing Tarith in such a sorry state, Dantie investigates the wounds, seeing what he could do about them

(1d20+11)[14] Dantie heal check
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You examine the wounds Tarith has suffered, but alas, cannot determine, at this time, what disease it may be, or what to do about them. Leeches, most probably, since Tarith, mentioned them, but what disease, and how to do about it, is beyond your skill at this point.

8. - Top - End - #878

RedWizardGuy

In response to Gigglemug
    I am not sure, This forest seems to have much going on I do not fully comprehend.

Once Tarith returns.
    Tarith, I am thankful for your return, did you really expect it to be as simple as just jumping in and your weapons would be waiting for you? Still, we should get your wounds treated and make sure your misadventure does not effect you permanently, as these leeches worry me, as they are notorious for transmitting various diseases. Did you get a good look at them by any chance, or bring one back for study? That we may attempt to determine the species, so we know the best way to treat you?

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge nature (1d20+15)[31] (trying to learn anything about the leeches, based on Tarith's description since Xander doesn't know what they look like.)

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879

GreenSorcererElf

"I managed to teleport them off of me, but they were small, but there were a lot of them. They were also drinking my blood, but there was no pain."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander. You manage to see one drop from Tarith's cape. Small enough to be unseen, harmless enough to cause no damage. The lake worm wriggles on the ground by the campfire and tries to squirm itself back into the water. You, pick it up between your thumb and index, keeping its sucker away from you and bring it closer to you for inspection.

A regular leech. Commonly found in lakes and swamps. Alone, the invertebrate usually feeds on animals as large as frogs. Attaching themselves to the creature and sucking blood out. Their trick is the powerful coagulant they secrete from a bite, rendering each bite unnoticeable. As a swarm, underwater, however, hundreds of these creatures coalesce as a hive mind of sorts and can quickly devour a man sized target. Worse still, the creatures can pass on a disease known as the Red Ache, which incubates in less than a week and causes severe fever and loss of health and strength.

11. - Top - End - #881

RedWizardGuy

Xander relays what he knows to the group.

It is fortunate you got away from the majority of them, if they stayed attached much longer, you would have been a goner for sure.
    Dantie, we may know the creature is a carrier of the Red Ache, unfortunately that is as far as my knowledge goes, as I have no way of determining if he has indeed concocted the Disease, or a route of treatment if he has, Do you have any suggestions?

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882

GreenSorcererElf

"Well, escaping them seemed like an idea. Then I ran into a pair of rather large underwater snakes. As well as some nodules that exploded, and covered the area in glitter. I am already feeling weaker than normal, so it seems quite likely that I got the disease. Hopefully, Dantie will ready a spell to cure it, and restore my health. Either way, it is time for me to rest."

Having finished washing his gear, Tarith carefully searches through it, looking for any remaining insects, or other nasty surprises. He will then go to sleep for the night.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #883

RedWizardGuy

Xander lays down for the night.
    Tarith had last nights watch, and clearly cannot take it again, I would suggest Dantie taking the first 2 hours, while bishop and I sleep, afterward the two of us will be awake, and Bishop will be able to investigate any suspicion activity throughout the night.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok a lot to reply to. First up before Tariths return

As a strong light begins to shine in the distance Dantie watches and tries to feel the energy with his mind. As he is doing this he hears Xander ask if anyone else was seeing what he was. It seems that Arrallae has something planned for all of us here. I suspect that she has just saved Tarith as she did for me when the shepherd sent me to the other world. Dantie said looking of into the distance, knowing that soon enough Tarith would be to them, his magic healing his wounds as he walked here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Keep in mind Tarith still has fast healing 3 until the next morning.

To glimermug Dantie replies What do you mean if she was out of
    Swans rest this would not be an issue Glimmermug? Are you saying that she has the powers to destroy undead? If so and as we have seen her power can save people and bring some even back to life, how is it she can not destroy the undead from inside her safe haven as well?

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check with Glimmermug (1d20+21)[28] though I do not know what it will do now saying the rules for it have changed. Ok this is now after Tarith has returned and after the part T. Played for me.

As Xander tells Dantie what may be wrong with Tarith Dantie looks at Tarith one more time, Yes ok. I have a spell that could cure this disease but it will have to wait until the morning because I do not have it prepared for the day. Then Dantie looks back to Xander and says As for watch I think I may have a solution to our problem. While I am on watch I can summon one of pelors servants to help us if we need him. Dantie says as he gets ready for the first watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so time for rolls. Saying Xander told Dantie what the diease is I think he gets a new heal check to see if he knows how to cure it. (1d20+11)[13] and these are the rolls for the first and 2nd hour of his watch.
    (1d20+6)[26] spot (1d20+6)[7] listen 1st hour
    (1d20+6)[18] spot (1d20+6)[13] listen 2nd hour

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: "It is said Arrallae has tremendous power, dan tie. I haven't seen her myself, but it was told that she had the power to bring back those slain to life- and not like the creatures in the forest right now. I'm talking breathing life into people, but at a massive scale. She is known as The Morning star by some of us here, because of how bright she shines."

When you ask him about the Seal in swan's Rest, Gigglemug goes pensive.

"I really do not know, Dantie. Why was she locked up? That is anybody's guess."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-28 at 11:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie hears the title some of those that live in the fey woods call her he is struck with an odd sense that he has known something all along and yet it eludes him, a old story or something. Perhaps it was a childs tale. But the name morning star sounds very familiar to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie is of corse thinking that she was perhaps a follower of Pelor or sent by pelor. Should be funny to rp definitely if it is not true. with the fact he can not remind her of her past. (1d20+5)[23] history (1d20+15)[18] religion to see if pelor once had a champion that gained that title or went by that name. Long shot but just may work.

It seems odd that one would lock away something that is so good, yet when me and a coleg of mine tried to gain some insight on her with magically scrying she almost killed us. This is very odd. Dantie says to the fey as the others are resting peacefully.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You try and recall anyone with that title in your church. Surely the title itself would indicate someone who serves the Light, Pelor in this case. There was a champion, many, many years ago. It was during the so called Age of Myth. It was said that a champion of the Shining One walked the lands, here and beyond the mortal plane. Who was this warrior, nobody knew for certain, but his or her exploits were legendary.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Elsewhere, in The Ward....

Kalyn Ironhelm opens his eyes and adjusts his vision. The blurry room begins to take form. He's looking at a mirror and is wearing nothing but a white tunic with no sleeves. As Kalyn attempts to get up, he realizes he is manacled to the table. An elf dressed in black noble attire and long gray hair walks into the room. A short, misshapen man, made apparently of different parts stitched together limps behind him.

"Welcome back, Kalyn." The elf smiles at him as the creature next to him draws out a quill, dips it in ink and begins marking the Champion's body.

"Where am I? Who are you? Release me at once, or I'll..."

"You will what, Kalyn? You were contacted by one of ours, offered an excellent allegiance, yet you failed to fulfill your part of the bargain. So, We have found a new use for you. Rejoice, Ironhelm! You will soon be able to actually help our cause. Bring him in, please."

Squeaky wheels are heard from the room adjacent and a door opens. A cloaked figure wheels in an impossibly old man, wrinkled beyond belief. He has tubes attached to his arms, nose and neck. The tubes are connected to small glass orbs affixed to his table.

"You may have failed to acquire what we sought, but you will succeed in making our cause stronger, You ought to be proud. Subjects such as yourself are so hard to come by."

The cloaked figure wheels the elderly man next to Kalyn's table.

"You're insane! Look, I have power, connections, money! I can give you all that! I..."

"You have a very healthy body, Kalyn. That will suffice. Doctor? You may proceed."

The elderly man coughs and the elf hurries to his side, leaning his ear against his mouth.

"As you say, Master Kalinas. So long, Kalyn Ironhelm."

The elf leaves the room as Kalyn's screams of agony flood the darkened corridor. He takes a few steps and pauses, looking at the shadows.

"The Seal is about to be broken. Gather the forces I prepared and take someone with you. Do not fail me this time."

Nerine steps out of the shadows and smiles wickedly.

"She's as good as dead."

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie remembers stories from the are of myth he realizes at one time one such person did hold the title of morning star. The all the knowledge has been lost on what gender or race the person was to help dantie determine if she is the same person as the one who once held the title. But if she was how was it she had survived so long? As he ponders this he looks to the sky to determine the time. Looks like its time to wake them up. But before he does he summons a hound achorn and asks it to come back with some wood that is already dead so that they can keep the fire going through the night for warmth.

As he watches the celestial being disappear he remembers what he needs to bring Angelis back and waits a little bit longer to wake the others. When it returns Dantie looks to it and says I have only one more task for you (Fill the hound achorns name in here) Please go to Angelis's home world and bring me back some dirt from their so that I may bring him back to life when I return to the city. Once again the creature teleports away and with it he goes and wakes up Xander and Bishop. When the two are awake he tells them the story he has remembered about the morning star and then explains that some of the fey here call Arrallae by the title. I think they may be one in the same. Though how she fell and lost her memory, or for that matter is still alive after all this time eludes me. Xander when next we get to a city I must ask you for your help in finding this book in the churches grand library. The fey here have asked me to not let her remember her past, and from what that journal said, I believe it would be wise to listen to their warning. But I would still like to know if she is the same one. Dantie says to him as he throws a few more logs on the fire to keep it going. Just then the creature teleports back and in his hand is a pouch of dirt. Thank you for all of your help, you are realeased from my summons. Dantie said as he places his hand on the creatures shoulder, the other holding the bag. And with that the hound achorn teleports away for the last time. Well goodnight everyone. Oh and Xander, if we could make a detour tomorrow morning just after sunrise I would really appericate it. I need a way to the city, and saying I have seen your magic I was wondering if you had enough power to bring us all the way their and back. I need to keep a promise to an old friend. You may even enjoy meeting him. Dantie says speaking about Angelis.

20. - Top - End - #890

RedWizardGuy

Dantie, I would be glad to assist in any way possible once we return to town, especially if a library is involved, I wonder what type of literature Pelor's libraries will hold. However transporting us two town and back again would require a great deal of energy, and the spell power would be better directed at putting a end to the lich and his plans for the woods, as we have already tarried long enough here, and further delays could leave our quest in peril. I trust your errand can wait a day, or two at the most in order for us to complete our business here? The moment we are finished in the woods, I assure you I will be returning us to civilization as soon as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie counts on his fingers how many days it has been since Angelis Died, ( I believe it has been 5 now so 6 more days left) As long as it is before 6 more days. If not I can not bring back one of the holy ones greatest defenders back from the dead. Dantie says to Xander. Then looks to his bed and says And I believe this is where I turn in. It has been quite so far. Hope it is the same for you. and with that Dantie goes to sleep.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: The sun's rays hit your face from the canopy above. The early mists of the lake move around slowly but eerily, beckoning you to take a morning swim. Gigglemug yawns loudly and cleans the fireplace, making sure no embers have been left lit.

"I will wait here, unless you have no more business left and we may continue to the Thorn Gate."

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

As always Dantie wakes up just before the sun rises but this time he goes over to Tarith and awakens him. I suggest you pray this morning Tarith, it was no luck or chance that saved you. and with that Dantie goes to the edge of the shore line and begins praying out loud to pelor to watch over them today and to help them get to the morning star on this day so that they may continue doing his work. Once done dantie begins chanting up a storm until his muscles are almost as large as Bishops when he drinks. Danties hue has taken on a metallic like color and he has grown a pair of wings. Once finished he looks to the group and says As long as you stay 10ft. near me you will have pelors protection. Dantie says to the group.

24. - Top - End - #894

GreenSorcererElf

"Dantie, if it was a god that saved me, why pray? Presumably, it had a reason to do so, and may do so again. If something you have no control over saves you, I would call it luck. I am feeling a bit weak still. Do you have anything to fix that?"

As Tarith is talking, he is walking around, and stretching. He also drew his sword, and took a few practice swings with it, although it seems that his skills do no extend to swords.

I have got to get a better weapon than this. Powerful, yes, but not useful against the dead.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

To thank them for doing so for one Tarith. To anger the gods and not give them thanks and praise when it is right can invoke their wrath. And yes I made sure I had what was needed. Dantie said as he cast two spells one after the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie casts remove diease first then lesser restoration to cure (1d4)[3] of the damage

Then as Dantie sees tarith swinging the sword they had gotten he hands tarith his mornigstar, Care to try using this instead?

26. - Top - End - #896

GreenSorcererElf

"It is a better weapon for me, but using both would be a better plan, as I would have a better chance of hitting something if I am swinging at it with two weapons. But what weapon would you use? I miss my daggers, and without the wand chamber, and the wand that was in it, I will not be of use against the lich. Thank you for the restoration, as I am feeling better now."

Tarith takes the morningstar, and adds it to his routine, clearly more skilled with the morningstar than he was with the sword.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: A gentle breeze blows through the trees, coming forth from the lake. You hear her voice.

I hope you have rested well in the shores of my lake. I am awaiting Xander Corillian.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

I was hoping to get the sword. Dantie said looking to Tarith, Saying it seemed like you were having a hard time with it. But if you wish to use your sword I will need my weapon back. It is from the church and very special to me. It was forged by one of the highest of the order, and said to be bathed in holy water for a year before being given to me. Holding out his hand for either weapon to be handed to him, he does not matter which, as long as Tarith is willing to give him his morningstar back later. Unlike Bishop I am not skilled with hand to hand combat, though I am trained with more weapons then you. Dantie says waiting for one of the weapons to be handed back.

29. - Top - End - #899

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith hands back the morningstar
    "The sword is much more enchanted, I suppose I just miss my daggers, as they were quite useful, getting me out of quite a lot of trouble."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: As soon as the Anzaril speaks, Gigglemug makes a hasty retreat for the grove's entrance.

"I hope you don't mind while I wait over here? I trust you will be able to retireve the fang without any problems now."