New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

Dantie puts his hand on Tariths shoulder and says Do not worry we will get them back. Xander said something when you jumped in the water about her giving them back to you. All you needed to do was... Dantie thinks trying to remember what Xander had said. As he is thinking he takes back his weapon. I understand though, I would not be comfortable without my morningstar as well. Dantie says looking to Xander, Wounder why he is so silent. That is when he hears her speaking. It was very pleasant thank you for your hospitality. Dantie says looking into the mist with his eyes that can see through spells. Could you perhaps give my friend back his weapons and ring? It is needed to defeat the lich and without them I fear you shall be the next one to fall to the lich. Dantie says to her. How long after he kills the guardian and the morning star before you think he tries to destroy the rest of the forest? Including you. He has already taken out one coven and the other is on its last leg, if not for the guardian that they have their protecting them they would already have fallen. Dantie says hoping to reason with her.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-29 at 02:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Diplomacy check for above
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+21)[31] hope this works. Again do not understand the new system but saying it is the truth, it is helping her, and it is believable it should all be bonuses.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You called me a... what was it? A she devil, an abomination from the abyss... a vampire! I ask you this, Dantie of Pelor. If someone were to attack you in a manner not unlike that of a wild beast- viciously and bloodthirsty and you managed to get the upper hand... what would you do?"

4. - Top - End - #904
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

As he hears her voice, Tarith sighs, and puts his sword away.

Not again. Last time, she tried to take over my mind, and then tried to dispel my defenses, and eventually did manage to take my mind. I don't see this ending well.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

I will answer your question in a second, but if we fail who is it that will save you? You think he will keep Balion alive once the gate is open? He will turn everything into the land he is so found of until the dead are the only things left. Do you think you can fend off an undead army as well a mage who has been around for unknown amounts of time? Dantie says before answering her question. It all depends. If the person was a mortal and it did not have to come to death then I would make them unconscious and bring them to trial. But any undead or demon hat I were to face it would be death. Dantie says not understanding what it is she is asking.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+21)[26] diplomacy for the first half

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: The true monsters here are you and that dervish who dared cut me in the depths of my lake. Mortals, you wander into the unknown, looking to plunder and loot. Yet for all your skills, you lack true vision. Speaking of him. He managed to get away. Luck of the draw, I would say.

The lake stirs quietly as Anzaril ponders on your response.

It is true. Balion travels with a creature that is anathema to these lands. I wish he were able to see another way, but his isolation in the woods away from her have drove him to this radical decision. You have the freedom to travel wherever your feet may take you, Dantie. That is a luxury my kind cannot afford. And regarding the dervish, he stands next to you. The one called Tarith, who foolishly followed me to the depths and plunged his cruel daggers upon my flesh. Who delighted upon every stroke and taunted at my pain. I ask again, pelorite...who is the monster here?
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-29 at 03:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Plunder and loot we came here under what we were told to do by Balion to get your fang and then the other objects. Have we gone and tried stealing any of your things? No we have not, we have only protected ourselves. And as for my friend attacking you you ran away from us because things did not go the way you wanted. How is it our fault that you choose to run. And as for him getting away, it was no luck and you know that better then anyone. You know her magic, and just as I felt it save him so did you I am sure. Dantie said calmly.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: So you felt it as well? Her power lingers in the form of a memory. Where she landed. Wherever she walked and blessed the land. Even here, in the Font of Life, where once bathed. Your scoundrel friend was fortunate enough to attract such energy, nothing more.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

We both know that is a lie. I have felt her all the way in a port city where she has never set foot. Do not try to make it seem like she has nothing to do with what is happening to us. Dantie says calmly. I have also seen her in the other world from which she sent me back. do not lie to us. Dantie says slightly annoyed that she would lie. I tried being nice and only asking for my friends things back but you have only been volatile since. Do not blame others for your shortcomings because I am sure if he had wanted you dead you would have been. We are trying to talk to you peacefully and not go back into a fight like yesterday yet all you seem to want to do is fight. Why is that?

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: I am NOT volatile! I will speak with the one called Xander, until then, this conversation is over.

The wind ceases to blow and the lake regains its calm.

11. - Top - End - #911

GreenSorcererElf

"Dantie, who were you talking to? It sounds like that crazy fey, but I am really hoping the answer is not her..."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #912
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander stands up, and walks over the the shore.
    Anzaril, I am here and willing to speak if you are still willing, I must apologize for my delay, as I was lost in thought, much has happened these last few days, and I required some time to organize my thoughts.

Xander then looks to the rest of the party.
    Please, allow me to speak with her, the three of you are clearly at odds with each other, I will do my best to secure both the fang and Tarith's missing items. Almost as a afterthought. Oh and Tarith, yesterday she spoke of requiring a apology, in order to retrieve your items. If she still requires it, I trust you will be able to contain your anger long enough in order to reacquire your items?
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-29 at 04:57 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

13. - Top - End - #913

GreenSorcererElf

"Perhaps. Might need an apology from her for triggering the whole thing in the first place, though."

Tarith drains a charge from his armor, and uses it to cast Glibness, while his back is turned to the lake.

Spoiler
    Show

conceal spellcasting(1d20+11)[16]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: The wind blows again and a voice can be heard.

Xander Corillian...come to the islet as we discussed earlier. I shall meet you there. And there, we shall exchange.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

I was indeed talking to her, but it seems that she sees herself above all others. Shall we go back to bishop, at least he is good company. Dantie says as he begins walking that way, at all times keeping Tarith in his auras.

16. - Top - End - #916

RedWizardGuy

Tarith, can you use some of my energy to make me fly? I would rather not have to row the boat to the islet I must speak with her on. You may see her as being the one requiring the apology, but in this instance, she has the upper hand with having in her possession both the fang, and your items, having them delivered to us is preferred over scouring the lake in hopes we can locate them, especially given your recent attempt.

Xander holds out a hand, allowing Tarith to grab it and steal some of his power. Afterward Xander flies to the islet.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-29 at 05:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith uses Xander's energies to cast fly on Xander, as requested.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You feel your feet go light and take off the ground, flying above the lake and leaving your comrades behind on the shore. After awhile of flying, you notice the three glowing orbs- mistaken the day prior as fire, and the islet as well. As soon as you land, a fog begins to billow forth towards you from the lake and a silhouette manifests among the mist.

You have come. Thank you. Let us speak, Xander Corillian...

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie watches Xander fly away Dantie pulls Tarith to the side. So while the mage is away what do you think of him so far? He has offered to help me bring Angelis back once we have gotten into swans rest. But besides that he seems a bit suspicious. Dantie says to him.

20. - Top - End - #920

RedWizardGuy

Xander bows to the silhouette he suspects to be Anzaril.
    Thank you for giving me the opportunity to have a civil conversation, are you feeling well this morning?

Xander looks briefly at the glowing orbs.
    These lights have me confounded, would you mind enlightening me as to what they may be?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921

GreenSorcererElf

"I am not overly worried by him. If needed, I could take him quite easily, and all he seems to want to do is learn things. Why he is with us is a bit of a mystery, but I am not overly concerned. He does not have the skill set to be truly dangerous, but you could always try using magic to verify his intent."

Spoiler
    Show

And yes, Tarith could kill Xander in a round, if he was blinking
    (20d6 + 48 + 4d4-4+8d6+8, and they would all probably hit, so minimum damage 84, which splats Xander.

Magic to verify intent: detect evil/good, truth detecting magic, that spell that answers yes or no questions...
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: The mist parts and you see Anzaril walk towards the islet. Her hair is whiter than yesterday and she has deep bags under her eyes. Her cheeks have lost some of the color she boasted but a day ago. She is wearing a fine blue cloak with a lilly pad motif embroidered in golden. Anzaril bows in return.

"I have had better days, Xander. And to your question, these are will-o-wisps. Normally dangerous creatures, but a natural occurrence in lakes and swamps. They will not bother us."

Anzaril sits down on the islet, covering her legs as best as she can with her dress while looking off in the distance.

"This place was very different before, you know."

23. - Top - End - #923

RedWizardGuy

Ah, will-o-wisps I have herd of such creatures, but have never seen one for myself.

Xander sits next the Anzaril.

It was different before? What ever do you mean?

Spoiler
    Show
    Be back in about 30-45 min.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: "The forest, Xander. Everything about it changed when she left. Now I am an outcast, banned from my coven...if there even is one left after Kazym came along. Yet even when I was exiled due to my...nature. She always came to see me. Now the lake is all I have left. Soon, I will die, Xander. Kazym has withered this place so much in such a short amount of time, I am unable to feed. That deer in the shore was but a meager meal. Add to that Tarith's attacks, and I am severely weak."

She turns and looks at you.

"What I will ask is not easy, Xander."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie nods at Tariths conformation. I just may do that...It just seems odd some of the things he does. Even in all our battles he has never really helped us. Dantie says, calm and calculatingly. It may just be I miss Tradik and the others. I guess we will see. Dantie says going into the treehouse Bishop has made over the night and over looks the lake with his sight.

26. - Top - End - #926

GreenSorcererElf

"True enough, but he has not hurt us either, and the mind link is not a bad idea. Admittedly, I was expecting a wizard to do more, but it all depends on the spells they have memorized, and he might have made some poor choices."

Tarith looks around the camp, looking for anything that anyone left behind, whether it was from the group, or previous visitors.

Spoiler
    Show

Tarith does not know about the greased battlebriar
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #927

RedWizardGuy

Xander looks at her, concern on his face.
    That is truly disheartening to hear, Kazym has committed a great deal of atrocities since his arrival in these woods. He has been the cause of so much loss as is, I hate to think he may actually succeed in his diabolical quest.

A puzzled look comes over Xander's face.
    What is it you need to ask?

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

™Xander: "My kind is ancient. Some would say that we were cursed, even amongst the Unseelie Courts, by a cruel whim of the Queen. Whatever the case, I require blood, Xander. Just as the deer eats the grass, and the bear mauls on the fish, I require blood. Fresh blood. Nothing less will do. I know it sounds grim...and it is. BUt hear me closely. I only desire a few sips. Enough to keep me alive. Enough until her return. Initially, I had seen that musclebound warrior on the griffon, and as such, I surmised he would have ample blood toe pare, not enough to kill him. When I saw Dantie, I realized that my request would be far easier. I know of spells used by men of the cloth. Spells that may revert blood loss. Like I said, Xander. Normally, a deer would suffice, but I need a few pints of fresh, unspoiled blood. Allow me to feed, and you will get my fang... as well as Tarith's belongings."

Anzaril gets up from her position and walks towards the edge of the islet.

"I will not attack you, if that is what you think. I will await your answer in the water."

And thus, Anzaril walks into the lake and disappears.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie watches from the tree house as Tarith goes of looking around the area for things. Curious as to what the lakes holds Dantie jumps off of the tree house and begins flying to the nearest inlet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a full round action to move he can fly 120ft.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-29 at 09:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930

RedWizardGuy

Xander's eye brows raise in surprise at her request.
    Well this certainly is not what I had expected...I require a moment to think on it. You will allow me to see the items in question before you feed If I do agree.
    Xander pulls out his notebook and begins scribbling down his thoughts on the matter, trying to puzzle out the best course of action.

After about half a hour, Xander pauses, puts down his pen, and signs deeply.
    I can not puzzle out any differnt route, She must live her death would mean the lose of much. If sharing my life source will prevent her demise, it is my obligation to save her.

Xander begins walking to the shore, as he puts away his notebook and pen.
    Xander you fool, how do you get yourself into these situations, maybe they were right, this could be bad.

Xander enters the lake, looking for Anzaril, once he finds her.
    I have come to a decision. You may take what you need, but I have two stipulations. The first, I wish to see the items. And the second. Some time in the future I will return here, at that time I request you allow me to create a permanent telepathic bond between the two of us, I would like the ability to converse with one as venerable as yourself, on a regular basis. When I do, in return for saving your life, I ask you accept my request.

Spoiler
    Show