New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

@Xander: Anzaril bows respectfully and produces from her robes Tarith's daggers. The ring is on her finger.

"Here are your friend's items, Xander. The fang will be available to you once this is done. You have my word. And yes, I shall maintain a bond with you, if you so desire. Now, come closer and shut your eyes. It's better that way."

You step into the water. It's cold. You close your eyes and your breathing accelerates as you feel Anzaril whispering close to your ear.

"Thank you."

Then, a splash. You keep your eyes closed and feel the cold water around you. Anzaril's arms have wrapped around you in a passionate embrace. Then, you puncture in your neck. It hurts at first, as her fangs dig deep. The smell of blood fills the water.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d4)[3](3) Constitution Drain

You can hear Anzaril leeching the life out of you.

Just a little more, Xander...just a little more

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander does his best to relax, hoping it should help speed the process, and knowing resiting at this point would be pointless.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie flys around until he finds a suitable place he can land on then searches it to see if he can find anything on it.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: Anzaril's grip on you tightens as she sinks her teeth in. Surely, the fey has not fed well in over a month.

Spoiler
    Show

Your body begins to loosen up as you feel your head light in the watery depths.

Anzaril releases her grip and kisses you on the wound, immediately, you are able to breathe water. As you open your eyes, your blurry vision sees Anzaril with a radiant glow. Her hair is now raven black and her eyes are as clear as a full moon.

You remind me of her. She used to do the same thing. I'll take you to shore.

Anzaril carries you like an infant in her arms and walks along the lake's bottom, singing a beautiful lullaby.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well at least Dantie will not see them.

After another 20 minutes of looking around Dantie returns to the tree house to see if anything has changed, but as he returns he sees everything as he left it, Bishop drinking more then a dragon and tarith still no where in sight. Guess Xander is still with her. Dantue says over looking the water.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You scour the area, but see nothing, sadly. wherever the fey witch took Xander, it is beyond your sight.

@Tarith: You wait by the lake's shore and mists begin to form. A figure emerges from the water and you see Anzaril, now with dark hair. On her arms, Xander's frail body rests. his breathing is accelerated, but he is alive.

"You have much to learn from him." Anzaril places Xander gently on the ground.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Meh. I bet Bishop that he could not have his decanter producing the max amount of ale it could, and drinking it all, for 20 minutes. Much more fun. He will either turn up, or he won't. If he doesn't, Time for a swim with a bit more preparation."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #938

GreenSorcererElf

"It looks like you nearly killed him. Did you have a good chat?"

Tarith walks towards her, examining her as he comes.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: "Xander will be fine. He is truly a brave soul. I shall write a ballad in his name. I believe these are yours, Tarith?"

Anzaril places the daggers beside Xander, as well as the ring.

"You may now enter the Thorn Gate. You have your friend to thank for that."

10. - Top - End - #940

GreenSorcererElf

"Are you willing to offer any other assistance? It would seem to be a good idea to help us in any way you can, as we will need all the help we can get to beat the lich."
    (1d20+51)[57] bluff
    Tarith picks up the daggers, and ring, putting the ring on, and checking that the wand of gravestrike is still in it.

Besides, it would make up for her attacking me
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

From his perch in the tree house he sees the mist start to form a good distance away and looks to Bishop. She does not even have the decency to bring him all the way back here. Dantie says to Bishop who only smiles at him between drinks not caring about a thing. I will be back in a few seconds Bishop I am going to check it out, if you here us call please come running. and with that Dantie takes off once more to the spot the mist started to meet.

As he arrives their he goes quickly to Xander, all but glaring at her he says And you did not think about his health. This was your price? And yet you could not ask someone else. Dantie says checking over Xander trying to get him stable and checking his body temperature. Leaving the rest of the talking to Tarith as he tries his best to heal Xander.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[19] heal to try to stabilize Xander

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "We certainly did. Now I shall return to the depths again."

She kneels down and whispers to Xander.

You may come see me anytime. Check your robes.

@Dantie: Anzaril looks at you with a gentle smile. Oh, Dantie. I am not one to kill someone such as Xander. The wounds inflicted will not bleed, I have seen to that. He does, however, require your assistance. This is all I can do. The last Guardian awaits beyond the Thorn Gate. And he won't be as easy to convince as I was."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-29 at 10:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #943

RedWizardGuy

Xander coughs feebly.
    That was more trying than I anticipated.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944

GreenSorcererElf

"And this is why experience>knowledge. Until you have been turned into a drink, you don't really know what it is like to be drunk. Dantie, can you do anything for him? And did you get the tooth?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

As Tarith asks Dantie if he can do something he smacks Xander in the head and calls him a fool. Do you mean besides that? I can stop the bleeding, but I will not be able to fix the damage for at least a day, putting us back quite a bit as it would leave us at a disadvantage to go into a fight like this with him at his weakened state. And with no way to defend himself he is worse then you were as a child. Sure we could have Bishop carry him but well Bishop may just drop him somewhere when a fight starts or even worse use him as a weapon. The only spell I had for this kind of situation I used on you. I see I was wrong to do so. And it will use alot of my power to heal the damage that has been done it seems. Have you seen his color. Dantie says looking at how pale Xander is from the blood loss. We may just have to stay here another day and go find food and such so that he can recover unless that water from earlier is of any use. How much was left again Tarith? Dantie asks him as he sees him reunited with his blades and ring.

16. - Top - End - #946

GreenSorcererElf

Always keep something back. Never know when it will be needed.
    "Well, after this, I will have one flask left, so let's hope this is enough."
    Tarith fishes through his pack, and produces an oil flask
    "Xander, this might help."

(yes, it is one of the flasks of magic water)
    (1d20+51)[64] only one more
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Anzaril looks at the flask and hears mention of the water.

"So she managed to keep some in there? She was always so crafty! That water was distilled from the lake when she bathed in it for the first time. It has amazing properties. They will surely aid Xander."

@The Party: Anzaril walks towards the lake shore and turns to look at you.

"If you see her, do tell her to come visit me?"

The mists surround her and The Witch of the Fens is gone.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie nods understanding that Tarith probably used a few last night to heal himself. So Tarith did you have any better luck then I did on trying to find anything here? I couldn't thats for sure. Dantie said looking back to the tree house. I will carry him back to the tree house once you are done with the water. Dantie says closeing the wounds on his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    dropping a 0 level spell to use it to cast the weakest cure spell to heal a total of 1 point of damage. Just enough to heal the wounds, but nothing else.

Once both of them are finished Dantie takes Xander up into the air and flies him into the treehouse where he lies the mage on his cot. Bishop Can you go get glimmermug please. He may be able to help. Dantie asks him hoping he can do that much.

19. - Top - End - #949

RedWizardGuy

After Tarith and Dantie have seen to Xander while resting in the treehouse, he sits up, and begins looking though his robes.
    Remind me of the unpleasant side effects next time I choose to allow a creature to drink from my blood...But alas, I could deduce no other way to secure that what we needed.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

As Xander starts talking Dantie bursts into laughter at what he says. Did you think giving someone part of your life would be easy. Ha, you say you have learned a lot in that school of yours yet it seems not enough to know that it is very stressful. We have a delima though. Unless the water Tarith let you drink a little while ago starts to work soon you will be out of combat, maybe even walking and carrying stuff until tomorrow. Hold on while I check your pulse. Dantie says as he begins testing to see how well is his blood is flowing.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[30] heal check to check on his condition to see if it has improved since he drank the water.

21. - Top - End - #951

GreenSorcererElf

"Amazingly, I couldn't find any lost articles or items here. We should head to the gate soon, as hopefully, Xander will be doing better in a bit, as the water does it's job."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #952

RedWizardGuy

Dantie, I had anticipated it would be less than plesant, I simply underestimate her level of malnourishment. She managed to drain a large portion of my blood, in such a short period of time. I believe she could give Bishop a run for his money in a drinking contest. I can feel the water beginning to run its course, although it may take some time before I feel the full effects.
    As a side note, it appears I was correct in putting my trust in her, as aside from some blood loss I should be fine, and we managed to acquire the items we sought, without any loss of life.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume the fang is what Xander will find in his robes, wont know for sure till alan gets on.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-30 at 09:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You drink from one of the vials and, indeed, as Anzaril drained you life, these waters give it you in full. Your health has returned completely and any blood lost has been restored. Color returns to your face. As you check your robes, you find a small dagger, curved into the form of a fang.

24. - Top - End - #954

GreenSorcererElf

"Xander, did you get the fang? If so, we should get moving, seeing as how you are looking better, and if not, we have an underwater trip to plan."

Tarith is clearly impatient to get moving, away from this lake, a feeling betrayed by his general nervousness, and his frequent glances at the lake, as if looking for some enemy to appear there.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-30 at 04:05 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You leave Anzaril's Grove and take the two hour trek through the path and stand in front of the massive Thorn Gate. Bishop holds out the cracked amber with the rose within. Tarith produces the Heart of the Shepherd and Xander holds Anzaril's Fang. All three resonate as they are in close proximity to the indentations on the gate. The three items fit perfectly into the slots and you all hear a click as the Thorn Gate opens before you.

Ahead is a long path made of stone. The tunnel is 20ft. high and 20ft. wide. The floor has withered roots covered in sand. The walls have stone friezes depicting the arrival of the goddess at the foot of a large tree. You also see the Three Guardians standing in guard on the opposite wall. Torches made of knotted roots have been placed on the walls with faerie fire granting illumination. The path extends 100ft. Until you reach a circular wooden door. Clanging can be heard far away on the other side, as well as growls.

26. - Top - End - #956

GreenSorcererElf

As Tarith walks down the the path, he is looking around, amazed at the decorative effort that Bailon had put into this pathway.
    "I think Balion had a bit too much time on his hands. This entrance is... impressive"

After he reaches the door:

"Somehow, this screams trap to me. Somehow, I don't think that the other side of the door contains fuzzy rabbits. Do you mind if I borrow a couple of spells from each of you?"

Tarith checks the door for traps, before he gets ready for combat.(search of 30, disable device 32, listen 26, spot 26

Clearly preparing for trouble, Tarith draws and loads his crossbow, and uses his armor to cast Glibness, and Alter Self, turning into a lizard-like creature, before activating his ring. Afterwards, he seems to vanish, his voice seeming to come from nowhere(hide of 36, and move silently of 32)

"So, shall we proceed?"

Spoiler
    Show

So Tarith is a Tren now, gaining 8 nat armor and 4 hide, he has +30 to bluff, which will probably not be relevant, he has a light crossbow in one hand, and a dagger in his other hand, (the one he can't draw as a free action). He is also blinking for 10 rounds. Let the conversation begin.(note, assuming all the activity is done just before opening the door, so max duration on the efects)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-30 at 04:26 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You apply all the spells you have at your disposal and check the door, invisible. No traps here, just a push and the door will give.

28. - Top - End - #958

RedWizardGuy

Xander marvels at the workmanship as they walk though the tunnel.
    Tartih you may have what ever energy you need, I believe I will prepare myself as well. Oh and one more thing, the lich we are all in agreement must be brought to justice for his crimes in these woods, Balion however I still believe is unwell and would prefer to assist him in seeking treatment rather than slaying him, do try and keep the man alive if possible.

Xander casts Telepathic Bond, Mage Armor on bishop and himself, Comprehend Languages, and Invisibility. He also uses his hand of glory to cast see invisibility.

I have the ability to both make Dante and Bishop large, and Tarith and myself smaller to aid us in a potential battle.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #959

GreenSorcererElf

Sounds like a plan to me. When everyone is ready, Bishop should open the door.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the grand door Dantie begins casting all his spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    All the ones on that list I made from earlier he is casting. Should and they should last the whole battle.

Once finished he looks to Bishop and nods saying he is ready.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-30 at 06:00 PM.