New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

@The Party: You open the wooden door and look inside.

The area is a large circular room. 200ft. in diameter. The ground is stone, fashioned on the surface, is a bas relief of a woman's face. Elven, with a sun disc around her head. The walls are stone, 300ft high and encircling the room. Beyond that, a knotted roof made of roots and trees. The stone walls depict the woman in profile, holding out her hand and holding what looks like a sun. Her hair extends around the room, etched through the room. In the far end, a large circular door, made of oak with a sun motif stands strong. Then, there are those in the room...

By the door stands Kazym, just as you saw him in Justcrown, standing proud, amd emanaiting that dry withered heat that permeates the room. Beside him, you see a man. This is no ordinary man, however. He stands as tall as Dantie in his regular form, maybe a tad taller. His muscles rival those of Bishop when he's had a full tankard's worth of ale. He holds a wicked looking scythe in his left hand. His body is covered in a grimy looking breastplate. His hair is a jungle of dirty dread locks and animal skulls hanging from them. His face is feral and his eyes glow with an inner golden radiance. His arms and legs bear ceremonial scarring, which give off a glow like that in his eyes. 10ft. away from the duo, stands a huge canine, made entirely of bones the creatures clacks his lower jaw as he sees you come in

20ft. away from the duo, and spread 30 feet apart, stand three slat mummies. Two of them wear black cloaks and leather armor. One has remnants of white hair on its head.

50ft. away amd spread evenly among the group at 30 ft. intervals you see three giants made of sand.

Kazym smiles as he sees you walk in.

"Well.. the filth took its time. Alas here we are. At the intersection between life and death."

2. - Top - End - #962
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Basil, and Cecile, I presume. At a guess, that third one is Draen. Can cross the room in one move, kill in the second. Still, lets see if they will fight each other

Speaking from the shadows, almost impossible to make out

"An... interesting opening Seneschal, seeing as how you have the two a bit confused. Still planning on killing the Goddess?"
    (1d20+51)[53] bluff
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-30 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "Kill her? Hehehehee.. That voice. Tarith Spellbane. Always hiding like a frightened rat. You have no idea what I plan to do with her. Using her would be a more appropriate term. Just as I have used you."

Balion turns towards Kazym and then winces in pain as he focuses his attention on the group.

"Your silver tongue will not aid here. Although, it might be a good time to inform the elorite that you sent my minions to attack his church."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We have to be careful and not destroy Tarith's friends bodies. Dante, do you believe you will be able to convince Balion to aid us with Kazym present? Tarith how long will it take you to strip Kazym of any beneficial spells cast on him?
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-30 at 08:14 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie enters the stoned in area he looks around to see what Kalzym has in store for them. He is not surprised at the sight. But when he sees a man almost as tall as him standing near him he calls out. Balion is that you? Guardian do you not see what he does to things that he does not find useful, or a problem. Look at the mummies before you. They were all once people until they learned his plot and so he had them all killed and silenced so they could not be a problem anymore. Do you not think he will not do the same to you? And he also promised you to see your goddess. It seems like you are still outside Balion. Come, join us and help us destroy him so that together we may see her. So that you can get your justice for being locked out for all this time and kept away from her. Once he and his kind are gone I promise you we will get you inside. Dantie says to Balion hoping that the lich has not destroyed all the hard work that he had done in making progress with Balions sane side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok time for checks First against Lich
    (1d20+6)[10] arcane
    (1d20+5)[11] history to see if he once had some form of weakness
    (1d20+15)[34] religion obvious reasons
    (1d20+9)[24] the planes
    (1d20+13)[26] spellcraft roll to see if there are any spells active, and if so what they are.
    (1d20+6)[16] spot

Now sand mummies same order
    (1d20+6)[18]
    (1d20+5)[7]
    (1d20+15)[19]
    (1d20+9)[27]
    (1d20+13)[30]
    (1d20+6)[9]

Now giant things
    (1d20+6)[25]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+15)[27]
    (1d20+9)[13]
    (1d20+13)[26]
    (1d20+6)[11]

Time for dog thing
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+15)[21]
    (1d20+9)[15]
    (1d20+13)[16]
    (1d20+6)[7]

And last but not least Balion
    (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d20+15)[24]
    (1d20+9)[18]
    (1d20+13)[28]
    (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d20+1)[20] nature highest can get is a 10
    (1d20+21)[22] diplomacy
    (1d20+6)[8] max 10 listen

Dantie looks to the lich and says with all the conviction of pelor behind him Do not try to use your silver tongue on me lich. Tarith would never do such a thing. Though you, I have no doubt would. And you shall pay dearly for your crimes. Come Balion, you see how he is spinning lies. Do not listen to him he has openly admitted he is going to do something to her just now. Come back to the light Balion and strike down the true enemy of your goddess. Strike down the enemies of the morning star Arralle who landed at the shepherds feet and bathed in the lake. Do not let her garden be destroyed by him, this is your home. do not let him trick you. and with that Dantie calls upon his divine might to stop any spells that would command Balion to do anything he did not want to, or physically control him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have cast spell immunity on Balion. That is right I am a idiot, hopefully this works. Command and another spell of that power level or higher can no longer effect Balion.

Inside Danties mind he hears xander and says I do not know, time will tell though. And then goes silent.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-30 at 08:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #966

GreenSorcererElf

"You know, I really would have thought that you would have a better way to split us up than a rather obvious lie like that one. After all, they are your minions, so why would they obey me?. I have no power to order the undead around."
    (1d20+51)[64]bluff

To the others in the party
    I was expecting a response from the druid at that statement. He might not be in his right mind. Which is bad news for us. Shall we get started? Xander, It should not take me long to strip him of his spells, no more than a few seconds, once I reach him.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-30 at 08:17 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #967

RedWizardGuy

Xander studies the battlefield, and his opponetts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+0)[20] nature (1d20+15)[23] arcane (1d20+21)[29] Spellcraft (1d20+21)[35]

If Balion does not have control, we need to find some way to subdue him, I can attempt to steal all of the beneficial spell effects on him, much the way Tarith does, only I will get one chance and hopefully he will be weakened enough we can handle subdue him with out having to slay him.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You speak out to Balion, but get no response. This is what you learn fromthe creatures present:

Kazym is a dry lich. You already knew that. He is a powerful undead with access to divine spells, similar to yours. As for spells currently on him, you sense Shield of Faith and Recitation. Destroying this one might be more difficult

The three shambling, growling creatures are salt mummies. You could use a Turn attempt to destroy them completely, which should be a non-issue as you have done so before.

The giant canine is a skeleton version of some wolf-like creature. Like he mummies, destroying him with a Turn attempt would the best bet.

The three giants are golems. Beings immune to magic. These in particular have been fashioned out of desert sand.

Balion is a tricky one. He has powers on him, like Kazym's. However, their exact nature is unknown. You sense something otherworldly about him. His powers deeply connected to nature.

"You are pathetic, Dantie. The Guardian will not listen to you now. He is devoted to her and will fight any who oppose his way. Might makes right, does it not, Old Balion?"

9. - Top - End - #969

GreenSorcererElf

If he is controlled somehow, killing the lich should accomplish something. I think it is time we begin.

Tarith will cast expeditious retreat, and then stealth move to 30 feet from Balion and Kazym, but clear of the mummies.

Spoiler
    Show

hide(1d20+24)[36]-2
    move silently(1d20+24)[42]-2
    (edited, as recitation does not boost skills)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-30 at 08:37 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: "Well. Now that the pleasantries are over. It is time to open this Seal. Balion, you know what to do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:

Kazym: (1d20+10)[13]

Old Balion: (1d20+20)[30]

Aluserk: (1d20+20)[33]

Cecile: (1d20+4)[21]

Basil: (1d20+4)[8]

Draen: (1d20+2)[20]

Sand Golem1: (1d20+3)[20]

Sand Golem2: (1d20+3)[4]

Sand Golem3: (1d20+3)[20]

@Tarith: You get 30 ft. away from Kazym and Balion and you feel impending dread.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a Will save DC 29 or become shaken.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-30 at 08:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

With the flood of knowledge Dantie quickly shares it over his mental link with the others so that they all know what we are up against.

You shall pay for imprisioning his mind Lich. Dantie says and then cast a spell which summons a mace infront of him. Now you and your minions shall feel the might of Pelor and the morning star. Attack Mace of pelor. Dantie says before flying straight to one of Kalyzm golems and attempts to smash its face in with the strength of Pelor and the morning star, pelors mace goes and attacks as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit smite (1d20+56)[57] damage (1d8+28)[35]
    To hit smite (1d20+56)[58] damage (1d8+28)[29]
    To hit smite (1d20+48)[58] damage (1d8+28)[34]
    And for my golem attack against his normal AC (1d20+76)[90] to hit damage is in OOC sorry for the misunderstanding, and I made the map worst part.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-30 at 09:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    I am glad tarith is hidden.
    init(1d20+5)[25]

Dantie, heal allows a will save of 16+ your wis modifier for half damage, just as a side note.

Also, fly gives you a speed of 60, +30 from haste, leaves you short of kazym

Finally, you are taking a run action, a full round action, and 2 standard actions in one round. slow down.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: The giant canine rushes at you with jaws wide open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite: (1d20+14)[15] damage (2d8+16)[23] trip (1d20+10)[18]

You strike the golem with your mace, crafted from the Heavenly isles of Elysium. The mace hits the creature, but it has no effect whatsoever.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-30 at 09:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Old Balion seethes with rage and his eyes glow with a burning gold. He points his finger at you.

"NONE SHALL TAKE HER AWAY!!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Targeted Dispel Magic: I will resolve the checks OOC, since you have so many spells.

15. - Top - End - #975

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith, seeing his chance, sneaks up, and thrusts at Kazym. His daggers seem to almost glow when they strike, doing far more than Kazym expects.

Spoiler
    Show

So, move to the side of Kazym that Balion is not on, and stab away
    Swift: Gravestrike
    Standard: attack
    Move: get in position
    (if Kazym has any arcane, invocation, or SLA, then add 2 to attacks.
    attack(1d20+17)[29] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack:(1d6+12)[17] blink(1d100)[98] stealing 4 spell effects
    attack(1d20+17)[19] attack(1d20+17)[18] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack:(3d6+12)[19] blink(1d100)[15] stealing 2 spells. specifics in ooc in a bit
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-30 at 09:44 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You move in close and strike with your daggers, but Kazym's body is tough and repels your attacks.

"Hehehhee.. You will never get a chance to strike me, maggot!"

17. - Top - End - #977

RedWizardGuy

Tarith, you looks like your having trouble with him, would you like me to attempt to remove his defenses?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #978

GreenSorcererElf

That may be a good idea. I was not expecting to fail there

Spoiler
    Show

a 29 vs flat footed ac misses... never a good sign

Can you chain spell theft?
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie:You feel most of your spells being stripped away by Balion, who looses the glow in his eyes right after that. A vaguely female version of the salt mummies rushes at you, fist held high.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[21] damage (2d6+17)[21] Fortitude DC 19 or take (4d6)[4][3][6][6](19), success halves the damage.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d4)[1] rounds for dispel

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alan unless that was a greater dispel you got rid of only 2 actually. Need you to clarify what spell it was you used.for OOC knowledge. Fort save (1d20+17)[26]

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: One of the hulking sand creatures charges at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[21] miss chance (1d100)[17](17) if it hits, damage (2d8+5)[12] make a Reflex Dc 19 or be blinded for 1 round.

@Dantie: The salt mummy formerly known as Draen Skylarios growls and goes after you as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[15] damage (2d6+17)[24] additional (4d6)[6][4][2][4](16) dessication damage, DC 19 for half.

The sand golem next to you attempts to smack you down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack1: (1d20+11)[20] damage (2d8+5)[14] make a DC 19 or be blinded for 1 round

Attack2: (1d20+11)[27] damage (2d8+5)[15] make a DC 19 or be blinded for 1 round

23. - Top - End - #983

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith deftly evades the creatures attack
    "So, Kayzm, can you do better than your servant here?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #984

RedWizardGuy

Xander runs within 20 feet of Dantie, and casts obscuring mist ensuring it ends in between Dantie and the mummy, followed by a quickened grease outside the mist barrier.

Dantie, this should provide you ample aid for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Augmented casting to apply quicken to the grease, sacrificing a 4th lvl sorcerer slot. Casting the grease 5 ft behind the mummy, so its 20 ft of mist, followed by 10 ft of grease(and I'm still invisible)
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-30 at 10:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You waver your hands around and a billowy mist, not unlike that at Anzaril's lake forms between the sand monster and Dantie. The mummies wailing him look at their feet as a silvery sheen of fat erupts from the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cecil reflex (1d20+5)[15]

Draen reflex (1d20+3)[10]

@Tarith: Kazym takes a 5ft. step back and surveys the battle.

"So long, filth. We will not see each other again. Have fun killing your worthless pigeons."

Kazym is enveloped in a purple aura and vanishes.

A salt mummy you barely recognize as Basil charges at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[25] miss chance (1d100)[58](58) damage (2d6+17)[23] dessication damage Fortitude DC 19 for half (4d6)[4][1][3][6](14)

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: You have fallen drunk and snoring loudly next to the great wall by the Thorn Gate. Your mind wanders off to the good old days with Lia. When she would greet you outside the home you had built in the mountains. As you walk back home carrying a bundle of firewood on your shoulder, Lia waves at you in the distance.

"Bishop!"

"Bishop!"

Then, the skies go dark and something sinister descends from the clouds. Lia looks around her as the dark force envelops her and whisks her away.

You stand frozen in place as the sinister presence walks up to you and smacks your face repeatedly.

Bishop!

You open your eyes and see Gigglemug lightly slapping your face i order to wake you up.

"Of all times to fall asleep! Dantie and the rest have passed the Thorn Gate! They need you inside!"

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so not a single attack has hit me yet so do not know if I am rolling for that one desiccate but just incase [roll]1d#20+10[/roll] blind 1 (1d20+10)[27] blind 2 (1d20+10)[23] I'm assuming these are all fortitude saves?

As Dantie is attacked by the 3 creatures he feels his wings being taken away from him as well of many of his other enchantments. Balion what are you doing. Do you not remember it is me Dantie Silva. You told me you would not stop me from going to see the goddess and I told you that I would help you get back to her as well. Balion snap out of it, your might can still make this right. Break the spell he has over you. Use the powers she has given you, and take from the forest to make youself whole again. I know you can do this.

And with that Dantie pulls out his holy symbol attempting to blast all the undead within 60ft of him into dust. After moving 10 ft back.

Spoiler
    Show
    They get an AoO against me. Which is bad but I needed that cover. And it may only be one after my turning check. [roll]1d20+21[/roll] diplomacy with balion. [roll]1d20+9[/roll] turning check [roll]2d6+11[/roll] damage
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-31 at 09:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lets try that again (1d20+21)[33] diplomacy (1d20+9)[13] turning check (2d6+11)[20] turning damage dantie can destroy 12HD of undead so doing the mummy on the left of me and the dog if it is effected
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-31 at 10:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You see a cloud of mist between you and the sand giant, blocking both from each other's view. The two salt mummies who were attempting to wail on you slid and skittle on the floor and drop flat on their faces, attempting to stand up as they growl in frustration. You speak out to Old Balion, but the Guardian is pure rage. Similar to the first time you encountered his visage in the forest. You raise your holy symbol and intone Pelor's might on the mummies. One of them, the one that used to be called Draen Skylarios, cracks up as rays of light burn through its dessicated body and explode in chunks of salt and sand. Aluserk and the female mummy are unaffected.

Aluserk, unaffected by the attack, attempts to bite you.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[27] damage (2d8+16)[23] trip (1d20+10)[19]

@Tarith: Balion turns his look at you and raises his hand in your direction as his eyes glow again.

"YOU SEEK MY GODDESS? SHE IS MINEEEE!"

A green halo and the smell of stagnant water surrounds you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Miss Chance (1d100)[60](60) Fortitude DC 25, if affected, fall prone and helpless for (1d6)[3](3) rounds and contact filth fever.

30. - Top - End - #990

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith snorts, and waves his hands through the water as it dissapears
    "You will need to do a lot better than that to accomplish anything against ME"

Tarith advances on Balion, his daggers seemingly everywhere at once, cutting, and thrusting at Balion

Spoiler
    Show

so, 5 foot step to move within range, I believe, otherwise, ignore the last 3 attacks, and (1d20+6)[8] tumble to avoid aao
    Wraithstrike is used(con is auto pass)
    attack1(1d20+18)[32] magebane(2d6+2)[6] sneak attack(3d6+12)[22] miss(1d100)[22]
    stealing shapeshifting, an active effect
    attack2(1d20+18)[21] magebane(2d6+2)[6] sneak attack(3d6+12)[18] miss(1d100)[53]
    stealing 2 active effects
    attack3(1d20+18)[26] magebane(2d6+2)[14] sneak attack(4d6+12)[19] miss(1d100)[52]
    stealing 1 active effect
    attack4(1d20+13)[27] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack(4d6+12)[31] miss(1d100)[44]
    Stealing transport via plants
    attack5(1d20+13)[15] magebane(2d6+2)[7] sneak attack(4d6+12)[32] miss(1d100)[73]
    stealing summon natures ally VI(yes, it is stolen if this hits, as he can spontaneously cast it. he also loses a 6th level spell, and can't cast summon nature's ally VI for a minute
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss