New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

@Tarith: You attempt to weave through Basil and the golem, but sadly, your feet aren't as nimble. The creatures attempt to make their attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basil: (1d20+9)[22] miss chance (1d100)[67](67) damage (2d6+17)[24] fortitude DC 19 for half damage (4d8)[1][8][6][6](21)

Sand Golem: (1d20+11)[15] miss chance (1d100)[89](89) damage (2d8+5)[14] Reflex DC 19 or be blinded for 1 round

You plunge your daggers into Balion and feel his powers being drained. He grits his teeth in pain, then starts laughing.

"That was good. You are about to feel the wrath of the entire forest, boy!"

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bishop drinks from his Decanter and blinks a few times and stares bleary eyed at Glittermug.

"Gigglemug? Where is everyone else, and why are you slapping me?"

Bishop takes another drink from his decanter, and waits for gigglemug's response.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

@Bishop: "Your friends have passed the Thorn Gate! They are likely engaging Balion and Kazym! You need to go help them! If Balion gets angered enough, he might awaken the powers she blessed him with! You must go help!"

4. - Top - End - #994
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Been there, done that. Got anything more... interesting?"

Tarith seems almost nonchalant, despite having repeatedly stabbing the druid moments before, and almost seems to be inviting Balion to throw his bet shot at him.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #995

RedWizardGuy

Bishops eyes go wide.

"They went on with out me! Can't a man take a nap with out getting left behind. "

Bishop then gets up and takes off at a dead sprint for the thorn gate, shouting for Tarith and Dantie as he runs.

Spoiler
    Show
    If bishop was sleeping, is he a part of the telepathic bond? I'm not going to use it on him since Bishop doesn't seem to use it himself, but it would let use communicate with him.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-31 at 06:32 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Normally he would be against it, but in this case, use it.

You watch invisible as the remaining mummy from the duo attempts to stand up from her prone position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cecil: Reflex (1d20+5)[17]

The sand golem walks into the mist and attempts to strike Dantie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[31] miss chance (1d100)[65](65) damage (2d8+5)[18] DC 19 to not be blinded for 1 round

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Confirming sand golem's critical:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[24] damage if critical (4d8+10)[32]

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

The remaining sand golem charges at Tarith.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[27] miss chance (1d100)[44](44) damage (2d8+5)[14] reflex DC 19 or be blinded for 1 round

9. - Top - End - #999

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Tarith and I are correct about glitterdust, still can't use the map so I have 60 move, try to place me in a spot like how i describe. Will DC 18

Xander invisibly maneuvers through the mist till he locates Dantie and the golem, then moves till he can see a spot 10 feet behind the golem, while staying in the mists and casts Glitterdust on that spot.

Tarith, with out the lich, can you handle him? Or do I need to attempt to remove his enchantments?
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-31 at 08:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You place a fair distance between yourself and the golem and wave your hands about. A burst of sprinkling light flies around the construct as he tries to wash it away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will (1d20+3)[5]

11. - Top - End - #1001

GreenSorcererElf

I can handle him, so long as he does not have any nasty surprises to throw at me. He has no active spells on him, so no need to remove them.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie backs away into the mist he sends quickly to Thanks Xander, now time to make sure that we can not get hit easily. Dantie says before throwing silver around in a circle around hi, chanting all the time. Once finished a 20ft. circle around him is filled with divine energy filling him with divine energy and weaking all undead who walk in it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the mist to hide inside, as well as the consecrate effect which grants me a +3 to turning checks for a total of +12 now. And -1 to undead creatures attacks, damage and saves. And that dog has attacked Dantie twice, and saying fire shield is still active it has taken damage, my fault for not doing it, I shall do it now. (1d6+11)[13] (1d6+11)[12] does not effect the golems.

Dantie then tells Pelors holy mace to attack the undead dog.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my move action to do so. It attacks the new target. (1d20+17)[25] to hit (1d8+3)[9] force damage

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Basil attempts to mash you to a pulp.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[18] miss chance (1d100)[31] damage (2d6+17)[23] dessication damage (4d6)[15] DC 19 for half

The sand golem takes a 5ft. step and attempts to pound you with his fists.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack1: (1d20+11)[12] miss chance (1d100)[29] damage (2d8+5)[9] Reflex DC 19 or be blinded 1 round

Attack2: (1d20+11)[24] miss chance (1d100)[61] damage (2d8+5)[16] Reflex DC 19 or be blinded 1 round

@Dantie: The sand golem blindly and covered in fog, attempts to slam you twice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack1: (1d20+11)[30] miss chance (1d100)[59] damage (2d8+5)[10] Reflex DC 19 or be blinded 1 round

Attack2: (1d20+11)[26] miss chance (1d100)[20] damage (2d8+5)[18] Reflex DC 19 or be blinded 1 round

Aluserk shakes its head after getting hit by the mace and your burning armor, yet decides to go after you nonetheless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[30] damage (2d8+14)[23] trip (1d20+14)[15]

@The Party: Old Balion's body begins to glow with a golden hue. His scars begin to emanate ancient power as the ground rumbles at his feet and a strong wind begins to encircle the entire room...

Spoiler
    Show
    Will continue the rest tomorrow

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

As the two golems swing at Dantie he deftly avoids the two of them, with the help of Pelor. He seems to almost be dancing around his enemys, that is until Aluserk attacks, And sinks his teeth in deep. As the beast does so Dantie's armor lets lose a burst forcing the creature to let go, but not before tripping him onto his back.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+11)[16] damage

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Old Balion glows with ancient power as the ground rumbles beneath him, causing the elven's face on the disc to crack under the tremendous pressure. The winds around the entire room increase to unfathomable speeds.

"BEHOLD THE POWER SHE HAS GIVEN ME!!!!"

The ground beneath your feet attempts to knock you down, while the winds try to lift you up into the knotted roof of the dome and push you against the walls with great force

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex DC 31 or be carried aloft suffering no damage but being pinned against the ceiling. Grapple (1d20+21)[27]

If on the ground and resisting the winds, Reflex DC 31 or be knocked prone.

Aluserk, Basil, and Cecile are carried aloft upwards as they growl in rage. The golems begin to unmake themselves as the winds dissolve their body and carry it aloft the swirling winds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aluserk's Reflex (1d20+13)[27]

Basil's Reflex (1d20+5)[8]

Cecile's reflex (1d20+5)[8]

Golem1 Reflex (1d20+3)[23]

Golem2 Reflex (1d20+3)[21]

Golem3 Reflex (1d20+3)[5]

16. - Top - End - #1006

GreenSorcererElf

"Druidic idiot, you will need more than this to take me out."
    Struggling against the wind, Tarith drops prone, but is still able to act, as demonstrated by his fierce slashing at Balion's lower body.

Spoiler
    Show

Tarith full attack
    Wraithstriking
    attack1(1d20+14)[23] damage[ roll]1d4[/roll]magebane(2d6+2)[10] sneak attack(4d6+12)[27] miss(1d100)[3]
    attack2(1d20+14)[18] damage[ roll]1d4[/roll] magebane(2d6+2)[10] sneak attack(4d6+12)[23] miss(1d100)[36]
    attack3(1d20+14)[32] damage[ roll]1d4[/roll] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(4d6+12)[22] miss(1d100)[90]
    attack4(1d20+9)[23] damage[ roll]1d4[/roll] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(4d6+12)[20] miss(1d100)[5]
    attack5(1d20+9)[20] damage[ roll]1d4[/roll] magebane(2d6+2)[8] sneak attack(4d6+12)[27] miss(1d100)[79]

4 point penalty for being prone included
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You strike Old Balion fast and hard, yet you manage to score only one lucky hit. The Guardian looks down on you with a fierce look as energy trcikles through his body, barely managing to keep the Guardian from breaking apart.

"YOUR END WILL BE A BLOODY ONE!!!!!!"

18. - Top - End - #1008

GreenSorcererElf

"Possibly. But, unlike yours, mine won't be today."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie sees all the other creatures go flying up towards the ceiling Dantie trys to anchor himself down but in the end fails and is sent flying up to the roof, surrounded by the wolf and the mummy. As he looks down he sees Tarith still on the ground, the fallen, and sees him lashing out at the old druid. Someone throw the vial of blood at the door, it should open. Dantie says hoping that the blood will travel true and strike its target. Then looking at the snapping jaws of the undead hound on the side of him Dantie calls down to Balion. Killing us shall not open her gate Balion. It is your blood, the blood of a guardian, her guardian which is the only thing that can open it. That is why the lich failed. Dantie said remembering what Stenier told him. All you need to do is open a wound and place your hand on the door until it opens. Your blood is the key Balion. It has always been you. Do not do this, you said you would not stop or stand against me in my quest to find her guidance. Are you one to fall back on your word and lie? Dantie then sends mentally to Tarith If you took anything from that house I would give it to him now. We need to calm him down otherwise only his death shall release him. Danite says hoping it will not come to that, but seeing that little is left for them to do now but kill him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+21)[36] -10 off of the score for being rushed.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: The salt mummies and the giant skeletal dog struggle against the oppressive winds high up on the roof, but they too are immobile.

@Dantie: Balion looks up at you through the howling winds and debris that fly around the antechamber to Swan's Rest.

"MORE LIES! THERE WILL BE BLOOD, YES, BUT IT WILL BE ALL YOURS! A PATH TO HEAVEN PAVED THROUGH VILE BLOOD! I SHALL BE HER FAVOURITE AGAIN! I SHALL GAIN HER LOVE AND TRUST AGAIN!!"

@Tarith: Old Balion loks down at you with contempt, then raises an eyebrow as you blink back and forth. He moves 20ft. away from you.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, make an AoO

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Kazym flashes back into his quarters. The lavish room is decorated with noble middle eastern motifs. A few salt mummies dressed in warrior gear bow to the dry lich as he walks towards a mirror on the wall.

"He is already engaging them. It is only a matter of time. I must thank you for your warning regarding the Seal. It is truly as you had predicted. Retrieval afterwards should be relatively easy. She is still unaware of..."

Seneschal?

A booming voice is heard outside the Kazym's window. The dry lich promptly dismisses communication with the mirror and walks towards the balcony. Outside, an armored warrior riding a huge red dragon greets the dry lich. His armor is blazing and his eyes, hidden behind the ornate helmet spark fire.

"Where have you been off to, Kazym? I am on the verge of victory and you wander of? Remember, your counsel is valuable, but not irreplaceable."

Kazym bows to the dragon rider.

"My apologies, my lord. I was away scouting lands beyond the desert. Soon, there will be no more kingdoms to conquer here. I was merely assessing your future lands."

The fiery rider looks at him through his helmet then orders the dragon to start moving.

"Prepare your army lich. And be prompt. I plan on ending the battle today."

The armored rider flies off as Kazym bows deeply. He smiles inwards.

Only a matter of time....
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-02 at 01:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Danties face looks drained as he hears the words from Balion. I hope you find the peace then in the after life that you did not find in life. Dantie says and then activates his armor freeing himself from being pinned to the roof and then holds up his holy symbol and shouts, the dome amplifying his voice a thousand fold as he does so. In the name of Pelor and his morning star. I release you all to your death so that you may once again know peace.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+X12[/roll] he is aiming at the wolf thing first. Activating the armor is an immediate action. Greater turning standard, So now i have my move action which I will use to help Tarith.

As Pelors holy light fills the room Dantie commands the mace that had been attacking the wolf to go and attack the old guardian with all its might, giving no respite until he has fallen to his death.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+18)[36] to hit (1d8+4)[10] to damage, the +1 you may notice in my two rolls are from knowledge devotion. All my attacks get a +1 against him as well as all damage rolls.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok that did not work right on the turning check lets try this again. (1d20+12)[30] turning check (2d6+11)[14] turning damage lets hope it works this time and I make everything else break apart. Hey where is bishop XD. ok so 15HD is the total he can turn and I rolled a 14, using it on that dog to hopefully kill it.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-11-02 at 07:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1014

GreenSorcererElf

As Balion moves away from him, Tarith strikes with both weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show

Wraithstrike is still active, so...
    attack1(1d20+14)[21] damage(1d4)[4]magebane(2d6+2)[4] sneak attack(4d6+12)[20] miss(1d100)[3]
    attack1(1d20+14)[25] damage(1d4)[1]magebane(2d6+2)[8] sneak attack(4d6+12)[25] miss(1d100)[88]

stealing a spell effect both times, as he apparently acquired one...
    He is also moving out of turn, but meh
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-02 at 08:25 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You invoke Pelor's Wrath and Aluserk begins to crack. Rays of light shine through the skeletal canine as he howls to his master before exloding into pieces of bone and dust. Old Balion is hit by your spiritual weapon, but the damage is not enough to fell him.

"I KNEW IT! ALL OF YOU CONSPIRE AGAINST ME! THIS GUARDIAN WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE PLEASURE OF AN EASY FIGHT!"

@Tarith: You strike incorporeally at Balion's legs, but sadly, the powers that imbue him now have made him difficult to hit. He backs away 20ft. and smears his eyes with a thick smelling paste. The unguent seeps into his eyes and he holds his scythe with both hands.

"NONE SHALL ESCAPE MY WRATH!"

26. - Top - End - #1016

GreenSorcererElf

"If by wrath, you mean stench, sadly, I must agree. No animal would let itself smell so much, yet you do. If you want me dead, come and get me, if you dare."
    (1d20+51)[61]bluff, trying to get him to attempt to melee Tarith

Tarith stands up, takes a step forward, and prepares for Balion's attack

Spoiler
    Show

So, stand up, 5 foot step towards Balion, and ready the following attack for his charge, trigger being him getting within range of Tarith's daggers. Also using my swift action to wraithstrike... again
    attack(1d20+14)[25] damage(1d4)[4] sneak attack(4d6+12)[24] magebane(2d6+2)[13] miss(1d100)[68]
    attack(1d20+14)[23] damage(1d4)[2] sneak attack(4d6+12)[27] magebane(2d6+2)[4] miss(1d100)[74]

Stealing an active effect both times
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-02 at 08:30 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Cecile and Basil growl as they attempt to pull of the weight of the winds that have them stuck to the ceiling, however, Balion's power is vast, and they are unable to let go of his ancient grip.

28. - Top - End - #1018

GreenSorcererElf

Xander, realizing that he won't be able to beat the wind, focuses on escaping it instead, so he shouts into the wind, his words lost to it, and vanishes from the ceiling, reappearing out of the wind radius on the floor.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: After attempting to escape the wind's hold on you, you recall the lessons at the academy.

"A wizard should always be prepared for a hasty escape, even if hindered somatically. For those willing to follow the path of adventure and danger, incantations that relocate our bodies away from harm is a must for daily preparation."

You wish yourself away from the pressing force of the winds and close your eyes. When you open them, you find yourself at the entrance to the arena. The elven face craved on the ground has been cracked beyond recognition by the power exerted from the Guardian. Tarith has managed to avoid the winds, and as his cape attempts to fly away, he readies his daggers against the monster of a man who wields a scythe a few feet away from him. Even without resorting to the lessons in school, you can tell Old Balion surges with near infinite power coursing though his body, barely managing to stay put.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie looks back to Xander to make sure he is ok he sees the mage disappear. Good now on to Balion. Dantie says flying full speed at the once proud guardian trying to reach him in time to help Tarith. As he gets above the guardian he drops his shield and takes his morningstar in both hands ready to smite him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie takes a full round action to fly. Normal speed 90ft.x4=360ft.So yea he is now on the opposite side of his mace flanking Balion, he is boxed in.

As Dantie gets to his target he looks at the old druid. There is no where else to run Balion, Let your blood open the door so that we both may see her. Dantie says as the mace on the opposite side of him flanking balion strikes.

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure if it gets the bonuses (1d20+17)[24] to hit (1d8+3)[10] damage, and off for the night. good luck everyone
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-11-02 at 11:02 PM.