New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

"I am pretty sure you have seen some emotions out of me..."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Cecile bows to Arrallae, thanking her for your efforts She is quick to nudge Basil in the ribs, prompting him to stop looking stupefied and mimic her bow.

"Thank you, kind lady. We are in your debt", Cecile bows and looks at you with a wink and a smile.

Basil attempts his hand at courtesy.

"Thanks ma'am. That was something awful back then. You know, with the lich and the nymph and the mummies and..."

"And now you both are safe. The pleasure was all mine."

Arrallae smiles at both and looks at you.

"Would you like them to join us in our trek? They can wait at Steiner's home, if you wish."

At that moment, Arrallae smiles playfully and rearranges the flowers in her hair. She makes a sudden move and catches something in thin air.

"And who is this little pixie?"

Gigglemug materializes as Arrallae holds him from his leaf cap.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know. I'm Gigglemug. I came with them! Please don't blast me or do something awful!"

3. - Top - End - #1143

GreenSorcererElf

"It is your choice to stay or go. We will be wandering around the forest for a while, but will probably be headed back to Justcrown soonish, so we might as well go together. We can talk on the way, or talk later."

Well, that is that. At least now the Ravens will be themselves again. Hopefully, they can hold onto their position in the city without me

using bluff to convey a secret message(1d20+21)[41]
    "Nothing of value, beyond her, and stealing a person is never a good idea."

Upon Gigglemug's abrupt appearance
    "Hey Gigglemug, long time no see"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-06 at 11:57 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Cecile nods understanding the message and bows to Arrallae.

"We are far from our city home, mistress. We would be honored to take your offer. Much is needed to be coped with and we have never been this far away from Justcrown"

"Honored indeed, ma'am", follows Basil.

Arrallae smiles and gestures towards the seal.

"Then by all means, go in! Ask for Jacob, he's the mayor. Tell him you are Tarith's friends and that you'll be staying at Steiner's. He'll know what to do. Have a blessed day!"

Basil and Cecile go into the seal the last thing you can hear off in the distance, inaudible to the rest, spoken in your secret raven code.

"Sooooo.. we get to do some robbin'?"

Followed by Cecile's characteristic slap in the back of the head.

"Your friends are adorable, Tarith! Please tell them they are in no hurry to leave. Like you three, they are guests at Swan's rest for as long as you desire. However, now that we have solved that grim issue, I'd like to know why this little pixie- Gigglemug? Why were you hiding?"

Gigglemug lands and bows to Arrallae.

"My Shining lady. I never got to meet you, but Uwellyn of the Eastern Coven did. She sent me as a guide for Tarith, Dantie, and Xander. That they may stop Old Balion and send off Kazym, as well as finding you."

Arrallae let's the information sink in.

"Uwellyn, yes! I remember her. of the Eastern Coven. Please be so kind, little Gigglemug, and send word to her that I will be visiting her Coven shortly. Tell her that I am aware of what has transpired in the woods and, that of she has any of her sisters remaining, to regroup in the Eastern Grove. Her Coven will live again."

Gigglemug bows flies off and vanishes in midair.

@The Party: Arrallae looks at the cracked floor beginning to sprout roots, grass and flowers. She turns her divine gaze upon the ceiling and the sun's rays bathe her, making her divine right undeniable.

"I have a lot of work to do. Shall we be off?"

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have seen some yes, but not a very wide variety, it is simply good to see a happier side of you.

Arrallae, I am prepared to depart for our next destination when you are.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

6. - Top - End - #1146

GreenSorcererElf

Also in the secret code
    "You can try, but there is not anything here worth stealing. Also, no one else handy to get blamed for it. If robberies start just after new arrivals... There is a Vault, but I need to retrieve the key first, as it is a magical, multipart lock."

"We might as well head onwards"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie sees Glimmermug he pulls him aside and asks him to allow the woman from the outer planes know that the morning star is coming. He then Bows to Arrallae and says Your powers are quite amazing. I have only seen old wizards and members of faith that are extermly well off in their grace with the gods do such wounder.

Spoiler
    Show
    I asked before I left Xander to make it so I could teleport to justcrown and back so I could bring Angelis back to life so should he not be with us saying we have already left the city which is after the time Dantie was going to go and come back.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: "Thank you, Father. You are most kind. I hope I get to meet these gentlemen one day."

@The Party: You walk down the tunnel that lead to the Thorn Gate.

"This wasn't here before..."

Arrallae looks at the root wall and the thorn gate and her glow intensifies. The massive wall recedes, rearranging itself as the trees they once were. The Thorn Gate begins to unravel itself as it snakes itself onto the ground, freezes in place, and sprouts wild flowers. One such rose emerges from amongst the wild bouquet, brighter than the rest. The thorny vines encircle Arrallae and carry forth amongst it's vines an acorn and a fang.

"That rose does not belong here. I have seen this fang before. And this acorn..."

Arrallae holds all three items in her hands.

"We should go to the font first. I have a friend there that I wish to see. You'll like her, I'm sure."

9. - Top - End - #1149

GreenSorcererElf

"Then lead the way, and we will follow. This is your day to visit old friends."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Arrallae takes the lead towards the path to the Font of Life. After a few hours, you reach the entrance, with a statue of Arrallae herself with the decanter.

"I always asked Balion not to spend on iconoclastic imagery. Let's move on. She should be in the lake."

Reaching the edge of the lake shore, Arrallae surveys the body of water.

"She still uses that boat?"

Arrallae produces a tiny ivory figurine and tosses it to the lake. This one expands immediately upon contact with the water and you see a beautiful swan motif boat floating by the shore.

The goddess gets in and turns to you.

"I can take one of you if you wish. sadly, the boat does not accommodate many passengers."

11. - Top - End - #1151

GreenSorcererElf

"I can allow myself, and one other to fly, which should work as well as having us all on the boat, assuming that is acceptable"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "Oh, you can fly? That changes things. Absolutely! I'm sure Anzaril would love to meet you. I know she has met Xander, but I doubt she has met you and Dantie."

Arrallae gets on the boat and begins paddling the oar gently against the water, propelling the ivory vessel to cross the misty waters of the lake. The fog circles around her, but does not get to cover envelop her or anyone on board- such is the light she gives off. You finally reach a familiar mud islet and Arrallae stops the boat. She leans over the edge and picks up a reed and puts it between her lips as she whistles a tune. A few minutes later, the fog from beyond the lake wafts in, cold and damp. A silhouette emerges from the mists.

"A tune like that has not been heard in many winters. I do hope, that the wielder is no usurper to this tune. Lest he or she finds a most heinous end."

Arrallae smiles and blows the tune again.

"You would threaten an old friend after so long? I thought we had a talk about this, Anzaril."

The silhouette goes silent and still, then disappears. Seconds later a loud splash is heard by the boat and Anzaril emerges with her lustrous raven hair and hugs Anzaril, who returns in kind.

"I'm so sorry, Arrallae! I had not seen anyone in ages. And just a few days ago I was attacked by..."

She turns her eyes on Tarith and Dantie.

"Why are you with them?"

13. - Top - End - #1153

RedWizardGuy

Before they leave the shore.
    Tarith, you and Dantie may fly if you wish, I will travel with Arrallae to meet Anzaril, as I suspect Anzaril will be most pleased to see the two of us together.
    Xander gets into the boat Arrallae created.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1154

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith drains a charge from his armor, and casts fly on Dantie so he can follow, and uses the rest of the power to cast alter self on himself, so he can fly as well.

"Come now, as I recall, you were casting spells at me, which was an attack, and I even gave you a warning. But I am pretty sure we told you that we intended on destroying the lich and his allies, and talking with Arrallae, before you decided I was a threat, and needed to be controlled, which I objected to. Dantie here thought you were a vampire."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie looks at they fey and says simply Oh we attacked you? Is not Arrallae powers simliar to the spell I cast? To ward of the undead. Its called being wise. You are the one who in the end started the fight. We never lifted a finger until you cast on us. And from what Arrallae just said and your threat I see it is quite common for you to attack. Dantie said not to happy that the fey would lie. Shall I cast a spell that reveals the truth? And Balion is dead. The lich took over his mind. I though you would like to know. Dantie says to the fey before returning to the edge of the inlet letting the others talk to her.

16. - Top - End - #1156

RedWizardGuy

Xander shakes his head, a mildly disappointed look on his face.
    There was a minor misunderstanding the last time we arrived here, I see it has left hurt feelings on both sides, but seeing as there are no long term damages, can we not all overlook the mistakes made, we are here today to allow Arrallae and Anzaril a chance to catch up, we need not ruin a happy moment with needless anger.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-07 at 03:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157

GreenSorcererElf

"I can let the past stay in the past, if she will do so as well."

No point in antagonizing the fey again, as there is now nothing to be gained from it, and killing her would be unlikely to gain the goddess's support in wiping out that lich.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Anzaril pouts and crosses her arms as she leans against the boat.

"Anzaril, why do you greet strangers this way? You have such a large lake to watch it all, hear it all. Could you not have waited to see what they wanted before using your magic?"

@Xander: Anzaril looks at you and smiles. "How have you been? It was he who helped me, Arrallae. When Balion sided with the lich, the animals stopped coming, so I could not feed. This kind gentleman offered a few pints to keep me alive."

Arrallae fixes Anzaril's hair, taking out a piece of kelp stuck between her tresses. She hands the glaistig her fang back and reaches her hand out to the fey.

"I thank you for keeping this lake safe, my friend. But if we want this forest to flourish again, we must make sure you do not scare the animals who come here when you need to feed..."

Anzaril's eyes open wide.

"You mean... you are going to..."

Arrallae looks at you. "Please wait here. I shan't be gone long. I trust you can still make me breathe underwater?"

Arrallae steps out of the boat and is lead by Anzaril into the depths of the lake.

19. - Top - End - #1159

GreenSorcererElf

Well, following would probably gain their ire, so stay here, and get water later.

Tarith waits.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #1160

RedWizardGuy

I have been well Anzaril, how has this past day met you?

Once Anzaril, and Arrallae have departed.
    I wonder if Anzaril will be feeding again so soon, or if the two of them simply wished to converse alone.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie looks over towards Xander as he asks if we can all get along. Aye we can get along, as long as she learns that we did not start a fight not last time or this time. Both times she has been the one to agitate. Dantie says still at the edge of the water. Arralle I am sure understands what I am talking about. Saying she channels such powerful healing magic. Anything that seems like it is undead deserves caution at the least. To expect anything less from Pelors followers is just plain crazy. And if we wanted her dead she would have been dead. I'm sure Tarith was not trying his hardest. Dantie said not moving until both her and Arralle were under the water. So I was thinking of trying to seal up the gate once more, but with a twist. I have spells that will allow certain people to pass depending on a set condition. I have been trying to ponder a way to make it permanent but may need both of your help with it. Though I can make my spells last all day, making them last forever is another story. Perhaps one of you two have discovered a material that holds spells well or anything to make the gate able to be opened and closed by Arralle and her village easily. At least then this will not happen again. Dantie says to them.

Spoiler
    Show
    So Dantie is trying to make the glyph of warding basically on the door, but make it be as powerful as Steiner originally had it so none can breach it. So these are my rolls to see if I have any idea.
    (1d20+6)[17] arcane
    (1d20+15)[18] religion
    (1d20+13)[17] spellcraft

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You recall the Seal that blocked Swan's Rest, particularly, Steiner's words regarding the nature of the Seal. This is what you have gathered.

- The Seal is a convoluted mix of abjurations, tied together through a theoretical arcane weave. These spells coalesce together and become permanent, not even subject to magics that suppress or break divine or arcane defenses. The nature of the Seal is, for lack of a better word, unique. Although you do know that blood is a component in the ritual to make it.

- Divine power may be involved in the Seal, but if that were so, any being of god-like power would've walked in and out of the Seal. Arrallae has never left Swan's Rest.

@The Party: A glow comes from beneath the water and approaches you. Arrallae emerges and sits on the swan boat, rubbing her arms together.

"I had forgotten how cold these waters could be. Anzaril should not be wanting to feed for a very long time. This lake should be safe now for everyone."

At that instant, the mists part and the lake begins glow with color. the lily pad sprout vibrant flowers and fish begin to swim in schools amongst the reeds. The domed grove parts its roots, allowing for the sun to bathe the cool waters of the lake. Birds of all kinds roost down to the water to fish and sing. Never have you seen the place so alive.

@Xander: Arrallae rubs her right arm and looks at you with a weak smile.

"Do you mind rowing back to shore? I may need a few minutes to gain composure. I'd like to visit Father Shepherd's grove after this."

23. - Top - End - #1163

RedWizardGuy

Dantie, Jacob said he wished to speak with me when we returned, because I cast spells much the same way as Steiner, I suspect the secret to renewing the seal lies in the arcane arts rather than the divine worship. After a talk with Jacob I suspect our next course of action will be made clear, hopefully he can shed some light on the ritual used to seal it the first time. Using that as a foundation we may be able to improve the spell in some ways.

Once Arrallae returns.
    Certainly, and might I add if what I suspect happened down there did indeed happen, you are fairing much better than myself.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-07 at 06:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith subtly fills up a flask with the water.

"Well, that was interesting. I assume you fed her?"

Tarith will fly alongside the boat.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: A few swallows fly beside you and join the singing in the reeds below. Arrallae looks up as a gentle breeze washes her golden locks in front of her face and she brushes them back.

"Indeed I did, Tarith. I knew she was an outcast when I came here, so I met her, out of curiosity. I would later find out why she was an outcast- something you probably know by now. I found in her a kindred spirit, and, in a way, took pity of her. So, I allowed her to drink. This had an unexpected reaction, as she was able to maintain her hunger pangs for decades, maybe even centuries. Anzaril will now be the rightful Lady of the Lake, no longer a threat to the animals and fey of the forest."

@Xander: "Anzaril told me you volunteered to feed her. You are a most noble man, Xander Corillian."

@The Party: After a few hours trekking through the forest, Arrallae begins working her powers to heal the blasted and withered Fey woods. With nothing but a mere walk through the land, the cracked and salted ground would regain moisture and become green. With a mere touch of her hand on thedecayed trees, these would grow its leaves again and stand tall and proud. At one point, a stampede of animals ran towards you and halted, becoming tame at her mere presence as they scampered away through the green foliage. At long last, You pass through Old Balion's home. Arrallae stops to look at the area.

"I remember we used to come here a lot. He taught me much about the woods. It was Balion who told me I was an elf. That is how bad my memory was at the time. I guess it still is, but I have made new memories here, and that is good enough for me."

Arrallae walks slowly towards the house and the ground begins to shake as the foundations of the cabin become entangled in roots which quickly blossom with flowers and mushrooms. The blasted area around the druid's home has become green again.

"It is as I remembered it now. And I believe he would've liked it this way."

At long last, you reacg the broken dome that used to house the Shepherd. Arrallae runs towards the dead abomination that once cradled her.

"Who would be so cruel! He never hurt anyone!"

Arrallae places her hand on the Shepherd's face, but realizes that Kazym's power has been too powerful. Even bringing him back would be daunting. She then kneels before the fallen treant and digs a small hole. She produces the acorn and places it in the ground, covering the mound with her bare hands. She then raises her palm a few inches above the mound and the air begins to condense between her hand and the earth. Droplets fall on the small mound and a tiny green plant pushes forth. Arrallae looks at the dome above her and the roots parts ways, allowing the full light of the sun to bathe the grove. Arrallae stands up and bows to the sapling

"Until we meet again, Shepherd"

26. - Top - End - #1166

GreenSorcererElf

"The lich is the one who turned him into that monstrosity. Just to make it worse, he killed those nymphs to gain in power"
    Tarith points out the dead nymphs
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

As they are crossing the lake back to shore Dantie remembers the bounty on the woman they called they sea mother. Thinking for a second he asks Arrallae, Is there any way for her to get say into the ocean? I have heard tales of a person called a sea mother that has been terrorizing ships. Perhaps it was her feeding if she could get that far. Also I do not know what you knew about all those years ago but we have many friends and One spoke of a child living with giants who controlled powers much like yours but the opposite element. And then our dwarf friend spoke of a fossil king. Would you happen to know anything about these people off hand. If you do not thats fine, I am just curious and trying to put some of the puzzle pieces together. Dantie says to her flying on the opposite side that Tarith is.

As they come to Balions Cabin he looks to Arrallae He has some personal belongings in their you may want to bring back to remember him by my lady. You would not want people to come into the woods and steal what was once his. Then remembering the magical trap that was their he goes to the front door and casts detect magic to see if he can sense anything near there that Balion may have left for them.

Once in the shepherds grove Dantie stays very close to her and says Arrallae I know my god may seem like a foreign person to you, but if you wish I can try to help you as Steiner once did, but instead of with the arcane magics with the divine. Perhaps you may find some answers in Pelors holy text, I know over the years they have gotten me through tough times and have even saved my life a few more times. It is his golden light that shines down on us that gives me my strength, and allows me to heal the sick and sometime cure those that are cursed. Dantie says hoping to try and find a stepping point that he can latter on see if she was once the morning star.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Arralae turns her attention to the three dead dryads.

"These fey. They belonged to the Eastern Coven... They were always so helpful towards wanderers in the woods. They must've greeted that monster in their coven with open arms and he did this to them. How could he!"

Arrallae kneels before the dryads and places her hands on them. A faint glow emanates from the goddess, but the dryads do not open their eyes.

"The trauma that monster must've put them through must have been too much. Their souls do not wish to return. However..."

Arrallae takes a few locks of their dried hair and places them in her pouch. She then says a prayer to them, and the bodies wilt, becoming part of the topsoil in the grove.

"Kazym will not claim any lives here. In one way or another, he will fail."

@The Party: The hours go by and the sun begins to set. Arrallae heals a blasted area of the woods, regrowing to with ferns and bushes. A tree above her hangs heavy with plump apples as she caresses the bark.

"Shall we lay here? Or do you wish to continue?"

29. - Top - End - #1169

GreenSorcererElf

"It is your choice, as it is your trip."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #1170

RedWizardGuy

In response to the plant blooming.
    How long will it take the heart to regrow into the shepherd?

In response to the dryads.
    If their souls do no wish to return, then what do you intend to do with there hair?

In response to the resting location.
    The area seems as safe as any if you wish you rest.

Spoiler
    Show