New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

Here is good a place as any. It seems that the lich took all his salt mummy minions with him though saying we have not run into any here. Odd if you ask me.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Arrallae enters the cabin and retrieves the painting before walking away and causing the cabin to be enveloped by the forest.

"Thank you, Dantie. He wasn't always as you met him, you know. And Steiner... he was a charming fellow. Very witty. I wish you'd have met him."

Upon your questioning on the other dangers around Oerth.

"I am sorry, Dantie. Everything before Swan's Rest is a blank slate for me. It is strange. Sometimes, when I dream, I see myself with others. Who they are, I do not know. I cannot make out their appearance or intent, but I feel like I should do something. What, however, eludes me. If there is a Sea Mother out at sea, or a Fossil King below, or a child with powers that oppose my own, I would like a hearing with them. Maybe they can help me understand. Now, however, my place is here, in the Fey Woods and to the good people of Swan's Rest."

Regarding mentioning Pelor, Arrallae looks at you with a smile.

"I was told about a god of the sun. He who shines upon us all. Jacob spoke of him many times when he met me. He thought I was a... what did he say? An avatar, yes. I will be perfectly honest with you, Dantie. I have no claims to divinity. I am Arrallae. That is all. I have been somehow blessed with the ability to help. I find that to be my moving passion, my drive. I will continue to help as long as I am able."

Regarding your suggestion about the Seal.

"Steiner never revealed to me what the Seal entailed. He told me it was a safety measure. Maybe he knew something I shouldn't have? I know Jacob has a copy of the spell, but I never did ask him to see it. I trust him entirely."

@Xander: Arrallae looks at you with a smile.

"I have planted the seed and given it a spark. The Shepherd will grow again, at the normal rate all creatures in the forest do. He will have inherited the knowledge he had before he fell and that of his growing years. From sapling to tree. Odd, though. I will take care of him now. Just as he took care of me when I fell."

She produces the locks of hair from the dryads.

"Maybe she never told you, but Uwellyn trained Old Balion in the arts of the forest, before my arrival. He had many mentors. the Shepherd being one of them, but it was Uwellyn who taught him how to commune with the animals, with the land. I once heard the druids here could use but a portion of the fallen to bring them back as a new form. I hope she can do that to her sisters."

@The Party: You settle in at the shade of a large tree. As you build a fire, you notice the glowing eyes of many forest animals walk the perimeter- wolves, deer, squirrels, wildcats, even a brown bear. The animals prowl around the camp and settle in just a few feet away.

Arrallae lays on the forest floor and places her bow and sword against the tree.

"Have a good night...and thank you for coming with me."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-08 at 02:11 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Nodding at her statement, Tarith settles in for the night, sleeping for about 2 hours, before he awakens, and keeps a wary eye out for danger.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+24)[36]

Spot: (1d20+20)[37]

Hide: (1d20+24)[31]

She's in the forest? And with them? Interesting....

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander lays down, and begins reading one of his books, glancing around from time to time to make sure nothing seems out of place, once Tarith wakes up, Xander falls asleep, for about two hours.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+0)[20]
    Listen (1d20+0)[14]
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

6. - Top - End - #1176

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

spot(1d20+16)[25]
    listen(1d20+16)[22]
    move silently(1d20+22)[26]
    hide(1d20+22)[32]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Danties highest is a 26 on perfect so he is useless should of had Angelis XD he would have sniffed them out. My detect evil ability is at will though, so all the time, anything within 60ft that is evil in any direction I know is there. Think of it as sonar.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-11-08 at 12:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You hide around the camp, attempting to sneak around any potential attackers. However, it would seem whoever snuck around was a little nimbler than you. You hear a female and familiar voice a few feet behind you.

"Ease your stance, Spellbane. I am not here looking for a fight, but I would rather not wake her up."

You turn around and see Myriam.

9. - Top - End - #1179

GreenSorcererElf

As he hears Myriam's voice, Tarith seems to almost jump, before turning around, and facing her.

"You are surprisingly sneaky, Myriam. So, what brings you out here on this fine night?"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-08 at 02:46 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Myriam leans against a tree and looks at Arrallae as she sleeps through her wooden mask.

"I decided to do some scouting around the woods. See if I could take down some of the mummies skulking about. Then, I came upon your group. You have some fine company there. Since you're up already and Dantie and Xander still sleep, how about you put your daggers and senses to good use? There is a small pack of them not too far from here. I managed to hit a few, but they are resilient, so I hid from them and was on my way back when I stumbled upon your group. I would rather have this be more stealthy, so Dantie may not be the best choice. He would probably raise a lot of noise and bring other packs around."

11. - Top - End - #1181

GreenSorcererElf

"Sounds like a plan to me. Lead the way. I will need a moment to prepare, but when we get closer, however. The drunk can keep watch."

Tarith checks to ensure his daggers are light in their sheaths, and follows her.
    Spoiler
    Show

sense motive(1d20)[16]
    hide(1d20+22)[26]
    move silently(1d20+22)[40]
    spot (1d20+16)[28]
    listen(1d20+16)[23]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You follow Myriam away from the camp and well into the forest. The trees tower above you as the moon sheds a blue light on both of you. Finally, you reach a clearing. Five of the creatures are roaming about an abandoned campsite. A giant lies dead and dessicated on the floor. The mummies are spread out, each about 40 ft. from each other, growling and trying to kill some fireflies that fly out of their killing reach.

"Which are yours?" asks Myriam as she unsheathes a scimitar and dagger.

13. - Top - End - #1183

GreenSorcererElf

"I will take the three on the left"

As he is speaking, Tarith is activating arcane sight, and his ring of blinking
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You begin blinking and activate your arcane sight. Myriam does glow, particularly with her weapons and gear. The giant glows faintly.

Your target mummies attempt to scour their surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Spot (1d20+9)[23] Listen (1d20+7)[9]

2. Spot (1d20+9)[11] Listen (1d20+7)[14]

3. Spot (1d20+9)[21] Listen (1d20+7)[15]

15. - Top - End - #1185

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Well, even if I roll a 1 on my rolls, I beat those, so
    (1d20+3)[19] Type of magic on the giant
    (1d20+3)[4] magics on myriam
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d20+3)[6]
    (1d20+3)[4]
    (1d20+22)[35] hide
    (1d20+22)[34] move silently

"Well, shall we?"
    Tarith moves into position, and stabs his first mummy

Spoiler
    Show

gravestrike is on.
    attack1(1d20+15)[33] damage(1d4)[2]magebane(2d6+2)[5] sneak attack(5d6+12)[27] miss(1d100)[98]
    attack2(1d20+15)[22] damage(1d4)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[10] sneak attack(5d6+12)[23] miss(1d100)[25]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-08 at 03:44 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No need to apply magebane on the mummies, since they have no magic per se.

You attempt to learn what Myriam carries on her, but can't quite make it out. The giant has a faint conjuration on him, but not applied to his body, hidden within its hide armor.

You strike one of the mummies and this one growls in pain. The other two turn to look at their companion and growl in response as they make their move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:

1. (1d20-1)[12] the one you hit in surprise round.

2. (1d20-1)[13]

3. (1d20-1)[12]

17. - Top - End - #1187

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

That spellcraft check was more to ensure the giant wasn't an illusion. As a point, arcane sight locates objects, so carrying an enchanted object should not highlight the creature. Also, I am assuming I hit with both attacks. Magebane will be rolled since I have a full attack routine copied on my sheet, and copy paste is fast.

(1d20+5)[24]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I should have that done as well for the monsters. Good idea!

The mummies advance towards you, the one that got stabbed turns around, creacking and cracking it's crusted body to meet your eyes. It is filled with anger. A few feet away, Myriam is engaging the other two. One has been cut nicely with the scimitar while his eye is gouged by the dagger.

19. - Top - End - #1189

GreenSorcererElf

Wordlessly, Tarith thrusts at the feeble mummies, seeking to end their existence by stealing the necromantic energy that animates them

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing necromantic energy is an explanation for gravestrike, which is active.
    If the mummie dies, attack the next one if in range, 5 foot step if needed.
    attack2(1d20+15)[29] damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[7] sneak attack(5d6+12)[40] miss(1d100)[26]
    attack3(1d20+15)[16] damage(1d4)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[10] sneak attack(5d6+12)[38] miss(1d100)[63]
    attack4(1d20+10)[22] damage(1d4)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[8] sneak attack(5d6+12)[25] miss(1d100)[71]
    attack5(1d20+10)[30] damage(1d4)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack(5d6+12)[32] miss(1d100)[70]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-08 at 04:40 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You flurry the undead with your daggers. The creature growls in pain and attempts to retaliate in kind.

Spoiler
    Show
    1.Attack: (1d20+9)[12] miss chance (1d100)[66](66) damage (2d6+17)[21]

2. Charge Attack: (1d20+11)[27] miss chance (1d100)[34](34) damage (2d6+17)[22]

3. Charge Attack: (1d20+11)[29] miss chance (1d100)[1](1) damage (2d6+17)[22]

21. - Top - End - #1191

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

All the attacks missed, and I will assume it has more than the average health amount, as tarith has already dealt more than that.

Tarith continues attacking the mummies, after the first attack failed to connect, and the second two seemed to go right through him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gravestrike again, so SA does apply...
    attack2(1d20+15)[34] damage(1d4)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(5d6+12)[34] miss(1d100)[64]
    attack3(1d20+15)[29] damage(1d4)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[12] sneak attack(5d6+12)[25] miss(1d100)[56]
    attack4(1d20+10)[30] damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(5d6+12)[27] miss(1d100)[32]
    attack5(1d20+10)[20] damage(1d4)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[5] sneak attack(5d6+12)[29] miss(1d100)[61]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: The mummy you attacked first growls one last time and collapses on the ground. The other two press on the assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    2. Attack: (1d20+14)[27] miss chance (1d100)[81](81) damage (2d6+12)[22]

3. Attack: (1d20+14)[29] miss chance (1d100)[87](87) damage (2d6+12)[22]

A few feet away, Myriam barrel rolls to avoid one of the mummy's fists and sticks her scimitar into the creatures flank. This one, however, does not seem to care much for the pain as it turns around and growls at her.

"If we get out of this one, I may have some news that interest you, Tarith."

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

It is ok that you do not know them, you have been locked away for a long time and truthfully I myself did not know until I meet up with some of my old friends. Two of them you have meet, but the other three you did not sadly, they were good people. One of them may have even known Balion saying he was a ranger of these woods.

Spoiler
    Show
    To her statement about divinity

I never believed you were divine, a demon at first but not divine. A man of faith knows when the divine are on our world if they look, it is the little things they do to shape us that remains a mystery. If you would like perhaps I shall speak to Pelor about your past. He may be able to help us remind you off who you are. Me and Jacob perhaps could do it that way you and Xander have time to talk. Dantie says trying to not make it sound odd. Then I shall trust him as well to help change the seal so that you are no longer trapped inside the walls away from your friends.

24. - Top - End - #1194

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Tarith takes large amounts of damage
    Upping their attack is a bit on the evil side, though. I was wondering why they were suddenly hitting Tarith all the time. I will say that boosting their attack, effectively in response to Tariths armor from Varien, is a bit mean.

Grunting from the impacts of the mummies blows, Tarith continues striking at the mummies. As he does so, he replies
    "We will make it, no worries. So, what is this news?"

Spoiler
    Show

Gravestrike online
    attack2(1d20+15)[30] damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack(5d6+12)[30] miss(1d100)[80]
    attack3(1d20+15)[19] damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack(5d6+12)[32] miss(1d100)[64]
    attack4(1d20+10)[15] damage(1d4)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(5d6+12)[28] miss(1d100)[17]
    attack5(1d20+10)[14] damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack(5d6+12)[32] miss(1d100)[73]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Arrallae's eyes widen.

"You would do that? I...I have not known who I am since I came here, Dantie. To be denied of one's true self, identity. I wonder what did I do before that was so terrible that I lost my memory. Yes, if it will help others, by all means. I would suggest we do that once we get back to Swan's Rest, if you don't mind."

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They aren't mindless, so they renounced higher damage output for better efficacy at hitting you. Also roll two Fortitude saves DC 19 or half damage (4d6)[2][6][4][1](13) and (4d6)[3][3][1][3](10)

One of the mummy growls in pain as three of your attacks hit. Myriam manages to drop one as you see steam rising from her impact wounds.

"Hammerbruk..nghhh... big reward...will detail the rest after these guys drop."

27. - Top - End - #1197

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

fort saves
    (1d20+13)[16]
    (1d20+13)[16]
    Somehow, I suspect that my rolls are going to failboat.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie looks at Arrallae calmly and levelly. I will try my best to find out what it is I can. But I ask that you allow me to do this alone. That way Jacob can let you know what I tell him. The words from the divine are sometimes in riddles, and can be taken many ways. I do not want you to be scared at what happens only to find out it is a good thing. Trust me as you have trusted Jacob, I will not steer you wrong, on Pelor I swear this. I will never lie to you, though I may protect you from the truth. Dantie says to her hoping she understands what he is offering fully.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+21)[36] diplomacy

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "Hide and strike, Spellbane. We can take them out better than in direct approach!"

Myriam attempts to disappear from view.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+24)[34]

The two mummies watch you at death's door and grow confident, resuming their powerful slams.

Spoiler
    Show
    2. Attack: (1d20+9)[25] miss (1d100)[67](67) damage (2d6+17)[20]

3. Attack: (1d20+9)[19] miss (1d100)[18](18) damage (2d6+17)[26]

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Arrallae places her hand on yours. It feels warm.

"I trust you. I have no reason why not to. And again, thank you."