Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "My Curiosity. And the lure of a sealed vault."

    Tarith completes seperating the swords from the spider.

    "Jacob, we should check the other rooms. Arrallae, will you assist us in clearing this area?"

    Tarith searches the armory, hoping to find more stuff
    take 20, for a 41
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Dantie watches very carefully, keeping his eyes very closely on Arrallae as she keeps getting closer and closer to the door. But as he sees her start walking away towards the outside world Dantie relaxes. Jacob I shall walk Arrallae back to her house. I need to ask her a few questions anyways. Everyone else. I will see you soon. And with that Dantie starts walking Arrallae back to the temple. Arrallae I have a question to ask you. Though it may sound like a favor, it is to help you take care of everyone, and perhaps try to help you with your powers some more. Danties says starting of slowly. You see when I was in Justcrown not that long ago I went to my church. I asked them if they would send two people here to help out around, and if they prove themselves true and pure of heart stay here inside Swans rest with the rest of your family when the seal is made anew. Dantie says as they reach the front of the temple. I do not need the answer now, but if you could give me one before Tarith leaves tomorrow so I can send word it would be greatly appreciated. Dantie smiles at her, not sure if she will agree or not.

  3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You check the rest of the armory, but find nothing else.

    "Tarith, let's pick these swords and leave... we have been here for enough time. Besides, the people of the village will really need these in case of an attack."

    @Dantie: You walk Arrallae into her temple. She lays on her divan as a brown bear ambles towards her and places his muzzle under her hand. She begins to pet him.

    "I do not understand, Dantie. A few hours ago, they said they didn't want the vault opened. Yet now I find it is. Those weapons were forged by Jacob for Swan's Rest safety, but I do not know when Kazym's allies will come. They might do so tonight, maybe tomorrow. As long as the Seal is broken, my family is open to much bloodshed. That is another reason why I wish to use Star Room. For them."

    Regarding your petition on Pelorites into Swan's Rest.

    "I have heard of this church of Pelor from you. If they are as noble in heart as you, Dantie, I see no reason for them not to visit. The seal, however, is something Steiner was most adamant about placing. I know the Seal once lifted, cannot make anyone either enter or leave. Are your fellow clergymen ready to assume such risk?"

  4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Jacob, there is still the Star room to check. If there were giant spiders in here, and the Star Room was the center of it..."

    Well... I don't think I will just be giving these swords away. Now, how to keep them for later selling...

    Tarith heads over to the door to the Star Chamber, renews his ring of blinking, and opens it.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: "Tarith. That is not a good idea. There is a reason the room was barred." Jacob picks up his swords and sheathes them.

    You lift the wooden bar that block the door and open it.

    The area is a 50 ft. dome painted in dark blue. The walls have been painstakingly etched with accurate symbols of constellations and arcane esoterica in white. The entrance to the dome is separated by bars with an opened door leading into the rest of the dome. In the center, you see a large iron chair. In front of it, a wooden table, and opposite the table, a simple wooden stool. An old ink quill lies on the table. You notice the iron chair has manacles attached to the arm rests. These have been forcefully pried to the point of breaking lose by some extraordinary force. There are nal marks left on the chair as well, as if someone was trying to be set free. You also notice there is a dent on the iron chair, where one would sit. A piercing hole, not big enough to go through the chair.

    "That´s enough, Tarith. Let's get back upstairs."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-14 at 12:06 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Dantie watches the brown bear come up to Arrallae and begins to wounder if she to has a natural connection to the woods because of how calm the bear always was around her. I am sure it was Tarith who pushed the point to see the vault not Jacobs. As for your family being in danger, I can assure you that myself and possibly Xander will not be leaving this place until the seal is back up and more powerful then before. As she explains why she wishes to use the star room he understands her fear and so tries to comfort them. If you wish, though I am not as powerful as you are I can try to do these things you wish to do. Though it will leave me at a disadvantage if a battle does break out tomorrow, it will ensure your safety. Will you be able to use your powers to keep them all alive? I understand your fear of what can happen to your people, believe me I do. But what would happen to your people if we had to stop you? If you died because your other side became unlocked, would they live if you were no longer alive? Would your magic hold that had been keeping them all alive for so long. It is to much of a risk for you to do it. Do you know how to make scrolls? If so perhaps I could do it in your name then making it more powerful then if I were to do it alone. Dantie said hoping she was like other magic users.

    As Dantie hears her second point Dantie looks at her and says Great minds think alike. I have already made it clear that whoever choose to volunteer will be leaving everything they knew behind and would not be able to leave afterwords when the seal was restored. As for the seal...I have been thinking of ways to improve it, though they may not last as long because they are powers given by the divine and so can be taken away by them. I will be doing much work with Xander to try and solve these problems so that you can walk the fey woods without breaking the seal. If it is within our power perhaps even making it so Jacob can walk with you. I can not promise if we will succeed. But I will try until I have proof that it is impossible to do. Dantie says holding one of her hands. Now rest Our morning star and know that your swan shall not fall this night. I shall stand guard over it until the others are back. Dantie says to her kindly, showing her Pelors path for all living creatures.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Depending on if he can see the gate from the front of her temple or not he will sit their if he can so that she has someone to talk to until she falls asleep, if he can not see the gate he goes to the first place he has a clear line of sight of the gate with.

  7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Almost. What caused the dent in the chair? The rest I understand, but that dent does not fit."

    Tarith heads in to get a better look at the dent in the chair.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: Arrallae smiles at you. "You are too kind, Dantie. You ought to be a great leader of your faith one day, no need to divine that."

    Arrallae gets up and walks towards the arch leading out towards the village. With her back turned to you, she says calmly.

    "I have died before, you know."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-14 at 12:16 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: Jacob shakes his head. "You ask too many questions. There is nothing here worth recalling. The Star Room won't be used either way. I'll go upstairs and retrieve the keys. Follow me, unless you want to stay here."

  10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Jacob, I have no intention of leaving until you tell me what you are hiding. True, it won't be used, but what happened here?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: Jacob walks towards the starircase.

    "You and your friends broke the Seal that protected this place. You have been allowed by her nonetheless to stay. You have, with my consent, opened this vault, which was meant to remain closed. And now you demand questions after lining your pockets? I don't think you are in a position to ask questions. You are a guest here. Do not forget that. This place will be sealed, period."

  12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Jacob, what harm could it do to tell me? I have no intention of asking Arrallae to try this again, and I have hardly lined my own pockets while here. You act as though this place is a hell, and it is just a series of rooms. The past will not repeat itself just because you tell me what I want to know."

    (1d20+21)[39] bluff(no harm in telling me, past not repeating...)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  13. - Top - End - #1333
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    When that day comes I hope that your gates will still welcome me and Rosalind. For when I must become a leader of the church I would rather do so for the few then the many. I have always been one to search through places looking for corruption and then destroying it. Cleansing whatever it touched, to actually lead my own church though...It would be challenging to say the least. Do not get me wrong, I know all the teachings and am sure in time I would grow accustomed to it. But I also know the greed of man. Everything that is beautiful someone wants for their own or destroyed. It is probably one of the many reasons why Stiener sealed of this place from the outside world. Dantie says thinking of all the corruption he has squashed out over the years. Though he was sure he would not fall to such a evil thing, he knew that he was as human as all the others before him who had fallen before. I had heard something like that, but with the powers that the gods grant their followers I am not surprised you are still alive. Do you want to tell me about it? Dantie asks her gently as to not scare her away.

  14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: Jacob sighs at your request.


    "She was subdued. Put down. Is that what you wanted to know? Quench your morbid curiosity? There it is. And I'm going home."

    Jacob seems very frustrated and annoyed as he walks up the stairs.

    @Dantie: "It is by a grace beyond my understanding that I am still here, Dantie. My memory hearkens back to the day Steiner had me go through the seance. I blacked out. When I awoke, I was told that Jacob had to..slay me. No more was revealed to me, regarding the particulars. Yet here I am. That is why I said I had a way to conduct the seance without endangering anyone. I do not know if it will bring me back, but I feel it is necessary for my people to be safe. I have spoken to Myriam, and I feel a storm is coming. One which will rain death upon Swan's Rest."

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-14 at 12:52 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Jacob, I did not mean to offend you, but it may have been relevant."

    Well, she can be killed, and Jacob, Steiner, and Balion did it. However, how was she brought back remains a mystery. Probably not a good idea to ask Jacob now though.

    Tarith leaves the vault.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    ********

    At the giant encampment...

    Nerine writes down some notes in a scroll and practices the flute as the giants gather around a fire. The notes come out very good, prompting one of the giants to turn around and give her a thumbs up, which another giant promptly nudges his brother in the ribs, lest he end up as supper.

    A shadow washes over the encampment as the giants ready arms. Nerine looks at them and shakes her head.

    Idiots...

    Luther colasces from the shadows as his main one strecthes behind him and looks around to see if anyone is hidden.

    "The pelorite, Dantie. He heads for the sacred village. It seems he can fly as well. How are the soldiers holding up."

    "They didn't mid eating their own, so I take it farmers and hay bearers should be a delicacy. Regardless, we can't do anything until the right conditions are met, am I right?"

    Luther leans against the tree she is sitting against and checks his scythe.

    "Learn patience, nymph. The Grand Master has a plan for all this. You have my word you will get the last strike against her."

    Nerine puts down her flute and looks at him.

    "What of Spellbane and the rest?"

    Luther grins wickedly.

    "Those are mine. I need you focused on the task at hand."

    "Fine, but don't expect me to come to your aid when you get surrounded."

    Luther recedes into the shadows of the tree.

    "They are welcome to try."

  17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: You follow Jacob outside the vault and you see Frank running towards both of you.

    "Jacob! We have a situation."

    Jacob unsheathes both swords and follows Frank. Upon reaching the Seal, Frank is joined by a few of his friends, they have three bodies covered in blankets.

    "We didn't want to raise an alarm yet, since we found them far away from the village. Take a look."

    Frank uncovers the blankets and you see two boys and a girl, roughly Cecile and Basil's age. They have been cut clean in the neck. Their swords are sheathed.

    "They heard us talking about making bracers for archery, so they decided to leave the village and find some wood fro crafting. I waited about an hour before going to look for them. I'm sorry, Jacob. I should've told you beforehand."

    Jacob looks at this scene and goes grim.

    "I want these bodies taken to their families. I will assume responsibility. I want a steep watch on the Seal at all times. You mentioned you found them far away from here? That means whoever did this is not yet aware of where we are. You didn't notice anyone nearby?"

    "No, sir. The place was quiet."

    "Good. I don't want any alarms sounding off yet. Like I said before, steep watch. Do not wander outside the village. That's an order."

    Jacob turns to look at you.

    "I really hope your friend has deciphered how to seal this place."

    He takes off with the others and carry the bodies with him to their respective homes. A few of them stay by the gate. Arrows ready.

  18. - Top - End - #1338
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    While Tarith and Jacob are talking Xander stays near them while directing his attention to studying the runes covering the walls. Drawning scetches of runes that seem important, as well as and themes that seem to be repeated.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spellcraft (1d20+21)[36]
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+22)[33]
    Knowledge (The Planes) (1d20+16)[35]
    Knowledge (Nature) (1d20+16)[24]
    Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+13)[32]
    Kownledge (History) (1d20+12)[19]


    After they leave, once at the seal.
    Jacob I have made some progress, and will continue working, but it appears the ritual will take some time, as such we will need to address fortifying the entrance until it is complete. Can Arrallae not return the life to these children?
    Tarith would you be available to review my current translation of some of the journal pages, back at Steiner's home? The sooner I can begin on this ritual the sooner these people will not have to worry about further attacks on the people here.


    If Tarith returns to the home, once there Xander gets his work out, hands Tarith the translation, and the notes he took regarding each one, and awaits his review of the work.

    Steiner's Journal.
    Spoiler
    Show

    If you are reading this, chances are that one of two things have happened: Either Jacob has given you this book for further study, or you have pried it from his cold dead hands. If the former, I can assume Jacob trusts you enough to read the following pages. If the latter, may the hells devour you for taking the life of an admirable person and friend.

    The following information has been gathered through my travels across Oerth. You, the reader, may fancy much of it as made up musings of a traveling bard. Most of the time, you'd be correct. This time, much to my dismay, you'd be wrong. I have managed to compile as much of my research regarding Arrallae and those who came with her- yes, she is not the only one. Most importantly, within these pages you will find a ritual I researched in order to seal this sacred haven. Although my intentions would seem selfish, there is a reason for doing this. Be advised, reader, that the truth here is but in fragments. No complete answers will be found here, only what I have found during my travels. However, it should provide reasonable information not only as to Her nature, but also the nature of those who seek her.


    You allow some time for the information to sink in, then continue reading. Steiner used some clever word placing on the pages. Most of the text are fanciful poems regarding the Fey Woods. Others discuss the marvels of the Jade Citadel, but these are long and winded pages meant to distract the reader from the real information. This is one of the relevant pieces.
    Spoiler
    She demonstrates tremendous power. I would dare say it is infinite, yet she does seem to become exhausted when she manifests power at a grand scale. Her recovery rate, however, is amazing. She was able to feed Anzaril for thirty minutes and emerged from the water with but a weak languor, which was quickly recuperated. It is almost as if she has... an engine in her. Preposterous, I know. A power source that never dries up- unlimited power. I am not ready to classify her as a divine being, though.


    After more riddles and witty poems, you come across more relevant information.
    Spoiler
    I should have known. We all should have. Arrallae demonstrates an instability that is, at some points, proportionate to the power she wields. Jacob and Balion have had to restrain her in many an occasion. I attempted hypnosis on her. To try and see the root of her episodes. This got me to tap into a recess in her mind that nearly killed me. As if something inside was dormant. Something very dangerous. Once the hypnosis was over, she demonstrated a very calm demeanor, like she always has. I have come to the conclusion that stressful situations and forceful mental compulsions may trigger the effect. Still, there is the part about her divinations. Further research must be conducted.


    A few pages later...
    Spoiler
    The vault is built. It isn't grand, but it will do. Self-preservation and instinct tells me this shouldn't be done. The researcher in me has finished the signs in the Star Room. Arrallae has volunteered under the condition that she be chained while only one is allowed to be in the room with her. It is fair that I do so, since this was my idea. Please forgive me, my Lady, for putting you through this.


    After more riddles and poems, you manage to decipher the following.
    Spoiler
    I have been away from Justcrown for over a decade. During my travels, I have met some extraordinary people. Then there was him. Called himself The First. The first of what? I was approached by him in the Free City. He says he knows about Arrallae. He says she will be in better hands if she is handed to him. This man... he is no ordinary human being, no. Something about his eyes. A void. He offered me a large amount of money for her. I didn't accept, of course. He left my presence swiftly, saying it would be in his hand soon. What did he mean?

    Spoiler
    It is now clear that Arrallae is something... else. Why is she that and why does The First want her, I do not know. I do know that he will attempt to retrieve her, but I do not know when or why. I have researched and created a spell that will enclose Swan's Rest from the outside world. The fey have been most cooperative, saying they will ward any intruders into the village. Still, I must be steadfast in my resolve to complete the ritual. Let's see, it must be performed during either the Winter Sosltice or Solar Equinox. At least two participants, one of which must be the caster. The ritual must be comprehended through deep arcane study. The process should take no longer than a month, time may be taken between castings to rest, but little else. Tremendous preparation and concentration is required, even so, my life and those participating on the Ritual may be at stake. I will leave the algorithms and formulas here, for those capable of understanding. If you are reading so far and the Seal has, in some way been compromised, please! Understand and Seal Swan's rest. Seal Arrallae. She is a force of good, but in his hands, or those with the knowledge I have gleaned, she could be a most terrible weapon.


    Xander's Notes.
    Spoiler
    Show

    So, he spent his life researching her, and these others, I wonder how many there are,and if these could be anything to do with the rumors Dantie was speaking of the other day, I wonder if any of them have any memories...and what there purpose is on Oerth.
    I assume those that seek her would be a reference to the organization Kazym in involved with, this place has been sealed up for so long, I wonder how long these people have been at it.
    It is a shame he was unable to complete his research, but then again this book has been sealed up for some time now, perhaps he has other journals, perhaps research continued on the others.


    “I am not ready to classify her as a divine being, though.” So he does not consider her divine either, I wonder what grand scale displays of power Steiner had seen, based off the ones we had experienced I am sure they would have been something to see.

    “She was able to feed Anzaril for thirty minutes and emerged from the water with but a weak languor, which was quickly recuperated.” I know from personal experience how trying feeding the fey is, I felt myself nearing death, despite that not being her wish, and to think such an experience only leave her tired for a bit.

    “an instability that is, at some points, proportionate to the power she wields.” So my thoughts could be correct, Kazym may very well wish to use her as some type of weapon, If he can find some way to trigger her an episode while having her channel a large amount of power. If such a incident occurred while in a heavily civilized area the effects would be devastating.

    “a recess in her mind that nearly killed me” What I would not give to have a scroll of Probe Thoughts at my disposal, I would very much like the opportunity to uncover that witch her mind has lost. One would think the calm of sleep while performing such a ritual would aid in suppressing whatever it is that resides inside.

    “Still, there is the part about her divinations. Further research must be conducted.” A shame Tarith and Dantie are so opposed to the idea of having her attempt to divine anything, perhaps I can convince them it will be worth the risk, else Further research will be difficult, especially if I am unable to make the seal simpler to open and close, I may never have another chance to study her and learn just what she is.

    “The researcher in me has finished the signs in the Star Room.” He clearly put much work and thought into the Vault, I must make not to go see these signs, they may help piece together this mystery further.
    “Arrallae has volunteered under the condition that she be chained while only one is allowed to be in the room with her” So she even holds a great deal of worry over the powers she does not yet fully understand, I wonder what further precautions have been taken since the first attempt.

    “Called himself The First” The First? Could be have been some type of herald for the “Others” that were mentioned earlier.

    “Something about his eyes. A void.” Interesting, I have never met a man with such eyes, I wonder what it could mean, whatever the meaning, surly it does not bode well.

    “He says she will be in better hands if she is handed to him” Could he be involved in Kazym’s organization…or possibly even the leader? Him calling himself “The First” could shows that he views himself as a higher station that most. “He offered me a large amount of money for” The fact that he has access to such large sums only strengthens my theory he is a part of this mystery organization.

    “I do know that he will attempt to retrieve her, but I do not know when or why” So this explains his decision to create the seal, he felt sealing her away to keep her save wiser than trying to study her further, I wonder if us opening the seal turns out to be a terrible idea.

    “I will leave the algorithms and formulas here, for those capable of understanding” Fascinating, I wonder how long he took to devise so such a intricate ritual.

    “She is a force of good, but in his hands, or those with the knowledge I have gleaned, she could be a most terrible weapon” I must agree with Steiner here, everything I have seen she holds no maliciousness in her, however the harm a power such as hers could produce is abused is staggering.

    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-14 at 08:46 AM.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Jacob:
    "Even if he has, from my understanding, it will take a while. Looks like they were assassinated, and they never saw it coming. I know there is at least one minion of the lich with such skills. Nerine. If it comes to a fight, looking directly at her will blind you."

    Tarith reads through the translations that Xander has made, as well as the originals.

    "Xander, it looks good, mostly. There are a few sections that I would have translated in a slightly different way, but no harm done. As far as your results, I would say she has divine power from somewhere, but what is the source? Possibly an item, but not necessarily something she knows about. If it is some sort of object granting her powers, it would be incredibly powerful, but I suspect she does not have any ideas. It might even be bonded with her in some way, as the hair I have is magical in and of itself. Mind probing her could be a... bad idea, as it is likely her subconscious could be woken up by such a thing. I would say the fellow with the void in his eyes could be a killer, with no respect for life, with the void being the shattered remains of his soul. don't assume that such a person is a leader, as typically leaders will send others to get stuff they want."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated
    Rose, Fey

  20. - Top - End - #1340
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Dantie listens to Arrallae and her story and decides telling her what he sees while looking at her can not hurt. I suspect it has something to deal with the aura that surrounds your body hiding it from magical sight. I have brought some old texts from my church to read through to see if you are the morning star as I believe you are. If that is the case you could have magical defense not even you know about in place. Dantie says still pondering her answer. The problem with that information is that with you gone, no one knows how long it will take you to come back. I fear that if we were to be attacked it would be when they believe they have the advantage. Your death would decrease morale all around. Never mind the fact that the powers you control to heal all those inside swans rest may also dissapear. Without your magic to keep everyone alive they may all turn to dust in a short time. Magic has many drawbacks on those who rely on it to much. Dantie says as he sees a young boy running Towards Jacob, Tarith, and Xander who had just walked by the village. Shall we? Dantie asks as he joins the others.

    Jacob I may be able to avoid that. Hold on. Dantie says as he tries to bring one of the boys back to life.

    Spoiler
    Show
    No more diamonds after this one kid so..Hope Arrallae can do the other two.

  21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith: Jacob carries one of the villagers in his arms and turns his head towards you at the mention of the possible assassin.

    "Nerine? That nymph was banished many years ago by her coven. She was forbidden from ever returning. I was one of the people involved in her banishment as well. I never did understand how Balion took to her. She wouldn't be stupid enough to come here. Not alone, anyway."

    @Xander: "Arrallae should be able to bring them back. We'll see if their souls are willing. Having been born here, they never experienced something as traumatic as death, much less pain. And this one must've been sudden and painful. These were good boys, but not the strongest warriors. Even if they come back, I fear they would be unfit for a battle, should there be one."

    You examine the runes in the vault, carefully taking notes of every etching. This is what you gather:

    - The markings are astrological in nature, for the most part. Used by diviners around the world to commune with the cosmos and ascertain yes or no answers from the great beyond.

    - These practices have been done since antiquity. The boccobites are said to have been the first to use them. This practice would later be taken by the Jasites and many other individual arcanists and groups devoted to knowledge.

    - Many of the symbols pertain to crests, if you may, that identify different planes. You Identify stylized symbols pertaining to Elysium, Arborea, and the Positive Energy Plane.

    @Dantie: Arrallae stands up at your statement. "I feared that too, Dantie. That were I to be slain, those under my protection here would wither away. Yet, when I was, and when I reawakened, my first act was to ask about the people. They were fine. In fact, they were unaware of my passing. Steiner, Balion, and Jacob kept the truth from them. I suspect that, should a seance be conducted, there is no reason for me to suffer a relapse. I have meditated for many years and believe I will be able to suppress an episode like the first one."

    Upon seeing Jacob and the rest outside, Arrallae follows you.

    "Why would they go outside? Who would do this? Jacob, please lay them down. Dantie, do not waste your resources. They may come in handy later."

    Arrallae has the three bodies laid down next to each other and she kneels before them placing her hands a few inches above them as her glow intensifies. A few minutes later, the boys blink and gasp for air. Their wounds close around their necks.

    "Thank you, My Lady. We are sorry for having left the Swan. We meant to make defend the place by gathering materials."

    "You are fine now. That is all that matters. It is clear now that I must see into this matter further, Jacob."

    Arralae walks back to her temple.

    "What happened out there. Be as clear as possible.", Jacob is most concerned and annoyed with all that has transpired in recent hours.

    "We left to gather wood to make bracers, so we decided to walk outside of the village, well into the forest. Don't worry, we talk different paths. Zig zagging our way in case someone followed. Then, it was a black out. A shadow covered me and I was drifting away. Until now."

    The other two agree with their report, telling the same tale.

    "You three go back home. Do not tell your parents what happened. I don't want to cause a panic, you understand?"

    Jacob looks at all of you with weary eyes. "It's been a long night. I will retire, you should do the same. xander, please continue with your research on the Seal, if it can be recast."

    @Xander: As you go over the notes transcribed from the journal, you read the section regarding The First. The soul less gaze. Your mind clicks and you turn your eyes to the sketch done so many years ago by Steiner, which sits against the wall looking at you.

  22. - Top - End - #1342
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Steiner mentioned it seeming as if she had a engine inside her, Do you believe her and the others were created with a bond to some type of artifact witch may be imbedded in each one..or a part of the same artifact possibly.
    Do you remember that picture of the man with dark eyes we found? I believe "The First" may be that man based off the description, and you are probably correct about him not being the leader, him being called "The First" most likely means either he was the first created, or sent to this plane, or that he was the first one found by their leader.
    Finding those bodies gives me a uneasy feeling, as far as I can tell Kazym himself is unable to enter Swan Rest, although it appears he did seem to succeed in manipulating us to open the seal for him, and now it seems who ever was sent to infiltrate the village is already present in the woods. We should check out the ones that returned as these people have been known to use Doppelgangers and allowing one disguised as a child to walk about freely could pose a problem. Can you think of any way to secure the entrance until we have a chance to restore the seal?
    Also I believe we should reconsider allowing Arrallae to use the star room, as she has requested its use, and we do not know what force will attack Swan Rest, we may also be able to glimpse more of this organization. After reading the journal I realize the potential risk, but she has spoken of new precautions since then, and the risk of encountering more of the organization with out knowing what we are up against seems just as, if not more risky.

    As a side note, I have finished my work on the water supplies in the woods, and believe we should make a point to stop the the Font of Life on out way out and gather more water, as it has the most remarkable attributes.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Will post/edit Xander's notes on the symbols, been working on this at work for a bit and wanted to post before it became irrelevant in some way.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  23. - Top - End - #1343
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    As Arrallae tells him off her fears Dantie reminds her that it has been over 300 years since then, and that normal mortals were not made to live that long. Especially humans. Elfs and such were different. He also steps back and stops in the middle of casting the spell as she tells him to save his energy that she can do it.

    I have a way to determine if they are who they say they are, and can already tell you they are. Anything that passes my eyes I see as it really is unless it is a non magical disguise. I also think I have a way to make sure nothing can get through without our knowledge, at least not as powerful as they would be. Dantie then walks over to the entrance to the village and casts a few spells to protect it for a few hours.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie casts Magic circle against evil and chaos over the seal so that they can not walk straight in. If it works as I think it does it basically would stop anything from evil or chaos alignment from passing through it.

  24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You stand before the Grand Seal and intone the ancient words. The Seal glows faintly with a golden radiance before it vanishes. The magic lingers, and hopefully, it will detract any enemies.

    @The Party: You retire back to Steiner's home and meditate on the events transpired. Information gleaned. A killer in the woods. A vault filled with monsters and a most disturbing revelation about Arrallae. The notes left by Steiner. Paradise, it would seem, is not without its own dirty little secrets.

    Morning comes and you hear a knock on the door. Jacob greets you and looks at Xander.

    "Good morning. I hope you learned something from Steiner's journal?"

  25. - Top - End - #1345
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    I have, would you like to read the translation I did of his notes? It seems appropriate seeing as the journal came from you and was written by one of one friends.

    Xander offers Jacob the translation he wrote.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Xander: Jacob reads the notes. You watch his expression grow grim as he flips through the pages.

    "...Ok, then. So it is as I had remembered. Xander, if you are willing to partake on the ritual, I will gladly volunteer. I recall Steiner mentioning that one must remain inside, so that the blood ties remain strong. I have dedicated all these years to Her and Swan's Rest, it just makes sense that I partake in the casting. As for this character, The First. He never mentioned anything to me. Maybe he didn't want to alert anyone, or have Balion going out to hunt him. Thank you for taking the time to transcribe this information."

    He then looks out the window, towards the temple.

    "She says she is ready and wishes to go through with it."

  27. - Top - End - #1347
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    If she still wants to go through with it then, Dantie looks to his two friends, Allow me and Jacob to go in alone. He can calm her down if she does lose control and my magic can protect us from the brunt of her power while he tries to calm her down. Xander if you could make a mental link with me and lock both the star room and the vault once we are ready to begin it could help greatly. And I would not open it again until you hear from me. Dantie then looks at Tarith. If she comes out of the vault somehow all alone you will only have one chance. Make sure you strike true my friend. Dantie then turns to Jacob and tells him that he needs to go recast a few spells, and then heads off to the gate.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok leaving for the day now so can not make a spell list but will be casting wall of dispel magic (permanency) and magic circle against chaos and evil on the seal, hoping it does not take more then 2 hours. And mass energy resistance for 30 points of postive energy resistance.

  28. - Top - End - #1348
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    It was my pleasure Jacob, the challenge of translating texts is a hobby of mine that has followed me from my youth. If that is your wish, you may do as you see fit.

    I take it she wishes to use the star room?

    If so, Dantie are you sure you two wish to be sealed in the vault? I would actually like the opportunity to view the ritual, also my knowledge of the arcane may come in handy if needed.


    Edit:
    Dantie, It occurs to me, you have not the the opportunity you review the journals translation or my notes, would you like to read them before we travel to the temple?

    Xander offers Dantie the translation and his notes.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-14 at 02:14 PM.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming Tarith decides to stay outside, if not, I'll edit the post


    You two follow Jacob through the streets of Sawn's Rest. The villagers are polite as always, greeting as you walk past them. Jacob seems sullen, but manages to smile as he waves back. You walk around the Temple and find the vault as you left it- opened.

    As you descend, you find that the place has been cleaned off from the webs. Torches have been lit throughout the tunnel and smithy to provide ample illumination. The door to Star Room is open.

    Inside, you see Arrallae standing beside the iron chair. She has her bow strapped to her back and her sword is unsheathed, held firmly in her hand. A stack of paper and an ink vial have been placed on the table., next to the quill.

    "I have a favor to ask of you. As you can see, there is a barred gate separating us from me. I would ask one is inside with me, while the others are safely behind the barred section. I also ask that whoever decides to come in and assist me with the seance to use Feravel in case something goes awry. Should the person inside fail to use Feravel in time, I ask you leave the vault and remove the keys as fast as possible. Who will join me inside?"

    She places her sword on the table.

  30. - Top - End - #1350
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Xander looks down at the writing instruments.
    I would very much like the opportunity to observe and record the events, and see myself in no harm as I can safely remove myself and anyone I touch from the room in a instant. However I will not raise a blade against you, you will need to find another if it comes to that.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Xander is talking about Dimension dooring out if need be, also he has Celerity if things go bad so he can stop tom and teleport out.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •