New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

@Tarith: You taunt Nerine, hopeful to make an appearance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive:(1d20+29)[31]

Move Silently (1d20+41)[57]

Spot (1d20+30)[45][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

"You said what, sewer rat?" Nerine shows herself from above one of the Arrallae statues flanking her temple.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I said that you are the most pathetic excuse for a slave I have ever seen. Even slaves have some independence. You don't. All you can do is dance to one tune or another. Why don't you do something for yourself?"

Tarith uses one of his scrolls of glitterdust to cast glitterdust on her(dc 13 or blind)(-40 to hide, no invisibility either way)

(1d20+51)[64] bluff
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You attempt to cast the spell, yet realize that your tongue isn't as silvery anymore, your blinking has subsided and your scaly form has disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

upon seeing Tarith pull out a scroll, and her to return by blinding those loooking at her, Xander backs into the tunnel.

Edit: Upon seeing Tarith return to his normal state.
    Tarith, whats wrong?
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-14 at 10:38 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

5. - Top - End - #1385

GreenSorcererElf

Wonderful. Magic is down.

Tarith moves to the other side of the area, trying to get out of whatever effect is breaking his magic.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You move away from the suppressing force that negates your spells. And then, you feel it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+39)[53] damage (2d4+21)[26] plus sneak attack (12d6)[4][3][4][2][4][3][3][6][2][1][1][2](35)

You feel a tremendous surge of pain as blood splatters the floor- your blood. You turn around and see a red skinned humanoid with devilish horns and a wicked scythe held in both hands. The assassin wears a black cloak and his shadow stretches towards you, making a bow.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-14 at 10:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1387

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith keeps moving as the searing pain fills his mind.
    Not good. Not Good at all.
    After Tarith reaches the other side of the area, he looks back, and tries to see what got him.
    (1d20+17)[18]spot
    (1d20+17)[37]listen
    (he can't hide this time, as he made a melee attack)
    He also pulls out a flask, and drinks the contents.(Potion of healing and restoration(one of the potions made from the water)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: The horned assassin stays put, not moving. His shadow below cracks its knuckles silently as you quaff down your vial from the Font of Life.

"He may not be a talker, but he gets the job done, Spellbane." Nerine sneers from atop the statue.

9. - Top - End - #1389

GreenSorcererElf

"No, you get your job done...Except wait... you made no difference at all here. I suppose you do make a pretty good wall flower, though."
    (1d20+52)[59]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #1390

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith waves jauntily at the pair of bad guys, before disappearing from sight. Moments later, they can't hear him either

Cast invisibility, followed by fly, moving behind Nerine.

(1d20+63)[78]hide, gets a +40 bonus for invisibility
    (1d20+23)[27]move silently, should get a bonus of some sort for not needing to move.

Assuming that works
    Tarith re-appears behind her, his daggers thrusting at her vulnerable points.

Spoiler
    Show

blinking, haste, target is flat footed, +3 weapons, wraithstrike, so touch attack as well(only deflection and dex applies)
    Apart from the first attack, each attack is stealing 2 spells, but as discover spells will apply after the first attack, awaiting your posting her spell list for the level I stole. Crit on 17-20

attack1(1d20+20)[2](22) damage(1d4)[4]magebane(2d6+2)[7] sneak attack(4d6+13)[29] miss(1d100)[83]
    Steal SLA: Dimension door, steal dimension door(spell) on first success
    attack2(1d20+20)[16](36) damage(1d4)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(4d6+13)[25] miss(1d100)[69]
    attack3(1d20+20)[17](37) damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[8] sneak attack(4d6+13)[22] miss(1d100)[62]
    attack4(1d20+15)[8](23) damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[6] sneak attack(4d6+13)[22] miss(1d100)[81]
    attack5(1d20+15)[8](23) damage(1d4)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(4d6+13)[27] miss(1d100)[80]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-15 at 12:08 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #1391

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

I really suck at rolling
    Crit confirmation(1d20+20)[33]
    damage bonus(1d4+15)[16]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #1392

RedWizardGuy

Xander attempts to puzzle what the new comer is, and what he used on Tarith to disrupt his spells, he then relays it mentally to the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is tarith cut off from the rest telepathically, or was that temporary?
    +5 for identifying monster, not added, Dungeoneering is new this lvl...I think Xander should be able to figure out what we are fighting from now on...might add all the knowledge skills as 1 rank becomes 8 with my int, and then I can make checks for anything. Sorry about all the rolls.

Spot (1d20+0)[6]
    Spellcraft (1d20+21)[34]
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+22)[34]
    Knowledge (The Planes) (1d20+16)[30]
    Knowledge (Nature) (1d20+16)[17]
    Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+13)[31]
    Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (1d20+10)[20]

also, heading to bed.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-15 at 12:18 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You fly up towards Nerine and strike with all your might. The nymph, however, seems to dodge your attacks, except for one. Nerine laughs off the damage as she pirouettes in a most dramatic fashion towards the tip of the elven ear on Arrallae's statue.

"Spellbane. We read your file. We know what you can do, and it's remarkably unimpressive."

Nerine blows you a kiss as black rose petals fly around her.

"You call that a blink effect, Spellbane? Let me show you..."

Nerine scatters the rose petals flying around her and she becomes misty and insubstantial, disappearing from sight one moment, solid the next.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-15 at 02:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You take a good look at the horned assassin with the scythe. He looks decidedly demonic, but no. There is an earthly nature to him. What it is, though, you do not know. You do however, know what is surrounded by.

An Anti Magic Field.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dam AMF will be a tough one then hope my idea works Ok so rolls Like Xander though sure I wont get as high, great rolls by the way.
    (1d20+6)[20] Arcane
    (1d20+16)[28] religion
    (1d20+10)[30] the planes Saying we have a mental link I take it we all get the same information.

As Dantie begins to step outside he senses something is wrong and takes a look around, sure enough he sees the little witch from before floating above her temple. Go figure, should have known she would come. Dantie says to himself as he begins casting a spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Visage of the deity prier to combat when he first steps out and sees her, if he does not see her the shadow he will see so. And his anti magic field has to beat a 20 or my spells still work.

Once he is done he continues very carefully to walk ahead watching to see what happens. It is then he sees the first attack, a shadow almost and he throws a spell to shed daylight on everything in its radius.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dantie does not move this turn and is casting the spell daylight on a tree branch over this shadow guy hoping to stop his magic from working. High enough so it is out of the AMF. Works in a 120ft Radius so he should not have a single shadow near him.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You manifest the powers of Pelor from within and walk out the vault and cast daylight on top of the assassin. You can't make out what he is, although he looks demonic, but not an outsider, that's for sure.

"You must be Dantie Silva, the Pelorite." says the horned one.

"You can prevent the deaths of many here, priest. Give me Arrallae, and you and your kind will be spared."

His shadow stands in an feral position as the assassin stands his ground, scythe in one hand.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie listens to the mans word as he sees the demon horns though and the feral shadow he looks at the man and says Saying you know who I am you also know that is impossible. The Morning star will never be handed over, and with all of Pelors might and the life in me, I shall not hand her over. I suggest that you leave this place or end up like the other before you that worked with her. The only reason she escaped with her life was because someone showed mercy on her. Dantie says pointing to where Nerine is in the sky. If not for that act of kindness that would be two of your group gone. Do you wish to be the third? No harm shall come to these people, and no harm needs to come to you as long as you leave and do so now. Dantie then sends mentally to Xander Seal the vault and do so now, then break the keys, make it seem like you are locking her away from them. Put those acting skills of yours to work. All the while looking the man with the scyth in the face, Dantie holding his weapon in his hand, and his shield of Pelors face at the ready.

18. - Top - End - #1398

RedWizardGuy

If it was not apparent from my performance with Tarith, acting is not one of my strong suits, if we can draw them into the tunnel then we can try trapping them inside the vault, how do we remove the keys and seal the vault anyway?

Spoiler
    Show
    that's a shame, Knowledge Architecture and engineering (buildings, aqueducts, bridges, fortifications) would probably be the most useful for trying to figure out the lock, but I wont have it till next lvl.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1399

GreenSorcererElf

Not much point in trapping them, as they will simply dimension door out.

Tarith relays Nerine's Spell list to the others
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #1400

RedWizardGuy

If you can remove there methods of escape it could be used to temporarily delay them, allowing us to move Arrallae to a different location.

Do they seem to have anything active you would like dispelled?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1401

GreenSorcererElf

Nerine has a Blink effect going, which will need to be dispelled, but your chances of doing are minimal. The other fellow has some sort of magic suppression going, which is very bad for us. However, I think now is the time to leave.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming a level 18 bard, you are not going to manage to dispel her spells, as you need to roll a 19 to do it, and if she has practiced spellcaster, that brings it up to not going to happen. She is also blinking, so a 50% chance of evading the targeted version entirely, so you would need an area version.

Yea... Time to leave. Even if the gauntlet would allow Tarith to cast Wish as a free action, we would still lose this fight.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps we can use this new figure to our advantage. He seems to enjoy overpowering others. PErhaps place swans rest in the hands of Jacobs training. Challenege his army against the villagers of swans rest...It is a long shot but it may work, we are already over our heads as it is. Dantie then says mentally, Wait I thought you and Tarith went down and opened the vault together, Tarith how do we seal that vault up. And is there a way to break the keys.

Spoiler
    Show
    And no the gauntlet can save us....Just has to be used by me or Xander, the will save is devastating. And if you fail yea...
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-11-15 at 11:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1403

GreenSorcererElf

If he is Nerine's Handler, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to persuade him of that, and we could not trust them not to interfere. I don't know how to seal the vault, but we opened it using 3 keys, currently the items the statues are holding. Also, what Army? All I have seen of them so far is those 2.

Spoiler
    Show

I really don't see a way to win this, without the gauntlet being literally an item of I win. Neither of them is going to fail to make any saves, and the only way I can see this ending in our favor is cheese, like infinite wishes as a free action.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #1404

RedWizardGuy

This situation defiantly looks grim...however we can not simply abandon Swan Rest with these two here, they will simply slaughter the village, we need to draw them off as we are the ones that allowed them access in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405

GreenSorcererElf

I don't really see why not. We can't win this fight, we can only flee, and deny them victory. We did not allow them access either. The lich would have gotten Balion to get him in eventually. Sucks to be the villagers, but our dying here does not help anyone.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with you Xander. Tarith if you wish to leave then do so now, but you are not taking that gauntlet with you. Give it to me or Xander now. As Dantie is saying this he looks to the man with the scyth and says Lets hope you are the one holding the chain between the two of you. If you want her then win her in a battle. I know you have an army somewhere in hiding. The mummies made sure of that as well as the goddess who told us you did. She is down their right now telling us where your army is. I'll make a deal though. Take that army of yours and let them try to take the town. If they do so she is yours, but if your minions fail to do so you will leave here and not return for a month and a day from when the battle ends. Is this not fair? Dantie says to the man sending mentally to Xander try breaking one of those statues now so they can not get it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll with Lucian (1d20+25)[44] Hope this works....Highly unlikly though but never know.

27. - Top - End - #1407

GreenSorcererElf

Dantie, staying here is suicide. They are all dead regardless of our actions here.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

I WILL NOT STAND BY AND WATCH INNOCENTS DIE FOR OUR ACTIONS TARITH! Dantie screams through the mental link, everything the boy has done so far has been against everything Dantie found morally right, and now the boy wanted him to run and leave these people to die against these creatures, they had let in. Stay or leave Tarith but do it now and leave the gauntlet. You are not its holder, nor its guardian.

29. - Top - End - #1409

GreenSorcererElf

To Dantie:
    Dantie, they WOULD NOT BE DYING FOR OUR ACTIONS ALONE!!!. The lich would have gotten here eventually. I WILL NOT allow them to succeed, and leaving it here means they win.

Own
    So far, Dantie has not been too bad, but this... fleeing from a superior foe when you have what they seek is the only thing that we can do.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #1410

RedWizardGuy

Tarith, you may be correct, Kazym surly would have found another way in, and accept the fact that we may have the abandon these people, as if we can restore Arrallae we should be able to bring them all back at a later date, however abandoning these people with out at the very least attempting to save some of them does not sit well with me. I heard they were gathering in the temple, I will head there and attempt to reallocate them to a safer haven, but I will need a moment.

Xander invisibly heads toward the temple, pausing before rounding the corner, keeping one of the statues in sight.

Dantie, do you still wish a statue destroyed?

Spoiler
    Show