New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

@Tarith: You hear the words of your fellow cleric, but realize that, Given Dantie's previous efforts to knock you out, this voice does not belong to the cleric. After uttering the fact that it is a lie, you reach for the gauntlet and put your hand in.

A surge of power goes through you, the likes you have never felt before. You immediately are relieved of Nerine's blindness and are able to see the horned assassin before you, even more so, you feel a tremendous power engulfing your body. The power of a god? No. This is even grander.

The power of an entire plane.

An alien reality coalesces in your blood as you burst rays of light in all directions. Luther covers himself with his cape and vanishes from sight. You realize everything. The power to heal. The understandings of the mortal soul. You could bring back entire armies if you wanted. You could heal millions if needed- or burst them as well in a radiant brilliance. The power of the Positive Energy Plane is yours to command. Then, you notice your right hand changing. A woman's hand.

You must not, Tarith

The power is too great. The temptation enormous, yet all this could be short lived if you would not muster the power within.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will DC 25

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

So, if you allow me another attempt, (1d20+12)[29]
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #1443

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith turns, and faces Nerine.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander looks around at the aftermath of the encounter. While on his way over to where Dantie and the remaining gear from Tarith's bag fell. Once there he offers Dantie a vial from the Font of Life, and beings gathering the items that are laying about, storing them in his bag.

Tarith, I am tending to Dantie, and gathering your possessions. How are you fairing, they seemed to have followed you in pursuit, keep your guard up...you know you managed to stab Dantie in all that chaos, do you not?
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You manage to repel the tremendous power that emanates from the gauntlet. Immediately, the power from the gauntlet escapes you and flies off through the woods. The dryads surround you aghast.

"What happened?"

Nerine stands o top of a tree looking down at you and the Coven.

"Consider yourself lucky, Spellbane. And pray we don't cross paths again. Nice seeing you, Uwellyn."

The assassin twirls around the tree top and vanishes in a rain of black rose petals.

The gantlet is gone from your hands. And you are, for lack of a better word, safe.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-15 at 07:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1446

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming these events all occurred at the same time, so some time gained for Tarith. Am I correct in assuming that the gauntlet is now gone?

"I used an item I had. Apparently, they did not want to be around. I need to get back to Swan's Rest, as it is under attack. Can any of you help with that?"

So that flying thing that attacked me was Dantie... I wonder why he did it, but it doesn't really matter. I will deal with him later. Swan's Rest is still under attack, as Nerine ordered something to kill everything there.

If the Dryads can't help, Tarith will use expeditious retreat, and run back to swans rest, switching to sneaking once he gets close.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Things don't look good in swan's Rest. The spells Dantie cast on the Seal have proven worth- a few of the armored giants have fallen, but other break through the root walls and begin throwing boulders at the hills.

"Remember your training! Duck and Cover. Use the tunnels!" Jacob rallies the villagers.

@Xander: You approach Dantie, who has fallen after Tarith's attack. He looks badly hurt, but will live.

8. - Top - End - #1448

RedWizardGuy

Attack? That must be what that rumble was earlier. I will check on the seal. Dantie, catch up as soon as you are able.

Once Xander receives Tarith's message he stops picking up the items, recasts haste on himself and Dantie, and flies in the direction of the seal. Relaying what he sees to Tarith and Dantie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xander flies just above the buildings, and then straight toward the seal. Will stop about 100 feet from the giants. Can fly 90 ft(180 for full move) and Xander should still be invisible.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, at the Ward...

Nerine walks towards the meeting room where Luther is already seated with the elf.

"Well that was a bust... no kills today."

"It doesn't matter, Nerine", the elf smiles at her as he pours some wine in her glass. "Luther has confirmed what the Master believed. They are still unstable."

"So... she's a what, then? I've been jealous over an armor all these years?"

"She's more than that, so much more, dear. I will be sending you two to Khedesh. I want information gathered on a certain Fossil King. Andorra is already on the case. You will meet with her and her faction."

"And what of Tarith, Xander, and Dantie?", Luther asks as he sips from his glass, much to his shadow's dismay.

"They're headed to Hammerbruk, Luther. We won't even have to bother with them."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "We could use the shortcuts, but even then, it would take us a day at best." Uwellyn ponders on what course to follow. "You can't travel through trees, I take it?"

A blast of wind has everyone cover their faces as leaves and twigs circle around. When the wind has calmed down to a cool breeze you see Bandobras perched on a tree.

"I saw those two coming to the forest and was just waiting for the right moment.. alas, everything got out of hand so quickly. How are you, Tarith? Ladies! Nice grove you have here."

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You fly invisible above the houses and spot the giants breaking in, several hundred feet below you. You see at least a dozen of them, split between 30 ft. of each.

12. - Top - End - #1452

GreenSorcererElf

"I can borrow your spells or abilities to do so, although I can't do so on my own."

Tarith calmly looks up at Brandobras.

"Hello Brandobras. I imagine you are having fun. What brings you here?"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-15 at 08:16 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #1453

RedWizardGuy

Not good, there's more giants than I can deal with, I am counting at least a dozen, to spread out for me to try dealing with multiple. Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with them? They have to have some type of weakness.

Xander studies the giants, trying to remember all he can about these types of giants, and relays the information to the group.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge (Nature) (1d20+21)[36]

Alan will there be Psionics involved at all in this campaign? Seeing as Xander is all about knowledge I figured I should pick up all the Knowledge skills, since I already have most any way, but will skip Psionics if they don't exist.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Bandobras jumps down from the treetop and slows his movement until he lands without a sound on the grove.

"Nerine brought me here. I had thought sending her across Oerth would be enough, but she decided to come back and brought that new guy. Similar to Varian. They have amassed an army of giants and are attacking some village deeper in the woods. If you want, I can give you a ride, unless you can fly."

@Xander: You stand on the small clouds that make Swan's Rest minute sky and tug at your beard. Typical brutes. these are Hill Giants. Of all giantkin, perhaps the least intelligent of their kind. easily coerced by stronger forces. Brutish and instinctual. They rarely train in decent martial warfare. Some of them, however, are wearing pieces of metal on the, akin to a poor man's breast plate. The giants are waving clubs. Some are throwing boulders. Yet others are holding something small in their hands. Something shiny and bluish.

Spoiler
    Show
    To your question, yes. There is a psion involved, but he is not present currently. You will have a chance to explore that further with your knowledge

15. - Top - End - #1455

GreenSorcererElf

"I could indeed use a ride. While I can fly, it is rather... limited. Thanks for the offer."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Bandobras walks up to you and sizes you up.

"Hmmm...."

Before you have a chance to react, you are being carried by a tremendous wind. You are shot out like an arrow and can barely manage to keep your eyes open at the sheer wind pressure. You manage to look below and just see a large green blur. A smaller blue blur in front of you speaks up.

"Hope you don't mind! This is how I fly. Gets me where I want to go faster!"

The sudden trip comes to a stop as Bandobras holds you from your cloak. You are both floating above the clouds and can see large humanoids breaking the walls of Swan's Rest. Bandobras leans over and squints his eyes.

"Thigs look bad down there. I can see Dantie and Xander in there, as well as some other people I don't know...."

Bandobras turns around and looks back in the direction you came. He looks puzzled.

"I..maybe shouldn't linger here. Something doesn't feel right."

He drops down with you to ground level, a few hundred feet behind the giant army.

"I take it you can handle it from here?"

Bandobras looks up at the canopy above and the ground erupts in a green cloud of leaves and dirt.

The halfling is gone.

17. - Top - End - #1457

GreenSorcererElf

Wonderful. On my own behind an entire army. Still, at least I am on my own, and am behind the army

Tarith will re-activate his ring, beginning blinking as he advances rapidly one the giants.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming that his other spells are still active.
    how much time has passed?
    (round/level have failed, min/level have failed, 10 min/level...)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's been about 10 minutes.

You activate your ring and sneak a few hundred feet ahead of the giants. One of them grunts out orders.

"Don't forget what Mistress Nerine said! Toss the sparkly stones!"

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie gets up and looks at the situation after being healed by the magic of the font. Thanks Xander, I feel like I flew into a brick wall what happened. One minute I had the gauntlet in sight, the next...wham. Dantie said rubbing his head. Wheres Tarith by the way? Dantie asks looking around. As he sees the giants he tries to use his knowledge to find out what kind they are.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[14] nature 15 and under means +1

Once done he casts a spell to try and harness the strength of the giants, and the ran into battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting bulls strength. Alan has it been 13 min yet?

20. - Top - End - #1460

GreenSorcererElf

didn't want to be ahead of the giants, but, well, needs must and all

Tarith casts disguise self, disguising himself as Nerine, and comes out into the open, approaching the giants

"Fools. If you can't even remember how to use them, give them to me. I will use them."

She/He then holds out her hand, waiting for the giants to hand them over.

(1d20+16)[17]disguise
    (1d20+51)[63]bluff
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You look at the beasts and gather almost as much information as Xander. Giants, no doubt. Very brutish. Very strong.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's been about 10 minutes

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You cast the spell and your featres change to that of your favorite psychopathic assassin. You feel dwarfed as you walk towards the giants. One of them turns around and you watch him wet his loincloth and shudder.

"M..M.MM.Mistress Nerine! We thought you were already inside! Here, take it. Please don't kill me!"

The giant places a small sparkling stone on your hand. Blue in color.

23. - Top - End - #1463

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith attempts to kill the giant, as Nerine probably would.
    Surprise full attack, hopefully it gets the job done

Spoiler
    Show

attack2(1d20+18)[33] damage(1d4)[4] magebane(2d6+2)[7] sneak attack(6d6)[25] miss(1d100)[74]
    attack3(1d20+18)[31] damage(1d4)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(6d6)[23] miss(1d100)[9]
    attack4(1d20+13)[22] damage(1d4)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[5] sneak attack(6d6)[22] miss(1d100)[27]
    attack5(1d20+13)[32] damage(1d4)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[13] sneak attack(6d6)[21] miss(1d100)[96]

"And the rest of you? Or do you want to join your companion? Stones. Now."
    (1d20+52)[60]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You flurry the hill giant with your attacks. The beast falls back, badly cut, but is not dead. The other giants walk over to you and drop the stones.

Ten in total.

The badly cut giant gets up and grumbles.

"She's not as strong today..."

25. - Top - End - #1465

GreenSorcererElf

"And just when I thought I was going to let you live, you accuse me of being weak."

(1d20+52)[61] bluff

attack 2...
    Spoiler
    Show

attack2(1d20+15)[17] damage(1d4)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[7] sneak attack(6d6)[23] miss(1d100)[76]
    attack3(1d20+15)[16] damage(1d4)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[5] sneak attack(6d6)[23] miss(1d100)[27]
    attack4(1d20+10)[12] damage(1d4)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[10] sneak attack(6d6)[23] miss(1d100)[43]
    attack5(1d20+10)[27] damage(1d4)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(6d6)[17] miss(1d100)[98]
    Add 3 to the attack rolls, as I missed a buff.

"Anyone else think I am weak? Or do you want another demonstration?"
    (1d20+52)[54]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-15 at 10:19 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You leap and slice the giant's throat 4 times in a spinerette attack. Very similar to a move Nerine would use. The giant coughs blood and drops head first at your feet. The other giants form rank immediately.

27. - Top - End - #1467

GreenSorcererElf

"Well? Why are you all still standing there? You have a job to do."
    (1d20+52)[55]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #1468

RedWizardGuy

After seeing Tarith fall from the sky.
    Tarith, Can you cast silent image? If so I believe two gold dragons are better than one, and should make draw the giants attention from the village.

After waiting for Tarith's reply, Xander casts Silent image to create the largest gold dragon possible, having it rise up from the out of view and begin flying toward the giants.

Spoiler
    Show
    preferably have it come from the temple if within 880 ft, and I was having problems finding the dimensions for creatures, I want the dragon to be the largest size category possible. the max spell dimensions for the spell is 16 10 ft cubes

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarith we only have this page and the next left allowed, please wait your turn in fight sequence, otherwise me and Xander will not be able to do anything else this whole battle because the pages will be taken up. Alan the soldiers need to go twice now for moving and what not as do the giants and Xander.

Dantie seeing the Giants coming Decides it is his best bet to protect the villagers from harm and so stands infront of the church and cast the spell Recitation.

Spoiler
    Show
    All allies and myself in a 60ft. Radius of me gain +2 Luck bonus on attacks and saves, all enemies in area get -2 to attack rolls and saves. This should help all of us greatly. Sadly it is only 60ft. Radius so infront of me.

30. - Top - End - #1470

GreenSorcererElf

Xander, I am a little busy at the moment, I'm afraid. You are going to have some attacking giants soon.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss