Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    After attacking the Zombies, Tarith looks up, and faces Bishop
    "Now is probably not the time to find it if you misplaced it. Perhaps we can look for it after the zombies are dead?"

    Somehow, I think this is going to be interesting
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop continues yelling, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT ZOMBIES, AND I DON'T MISPLACE MY DECANTER! NOW WHO TOOK IT?" Bishop fills with rage, and refuses to listen to Tarith anymore after his ridiculous claim.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-10 at 09:57 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "You have misplaced it before. Remember that time in that tavern... What was it called... Well, you were so drink, you were trying to pick up the tavern, and the guards and the barkeep were all trying to stop you, but you just kept on trying. In the end, you passed out. You did not wake up for two days... You might not remember that... But you have been drinking for several hours so far. You might have misplaced it somewhere."

    Spoiler
    Show

    bluff(1d20+20)[34]
    hoping for some sort of bonus for the awesome story
    Oy... You added that last bit in after I hit reply...
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop calms down a little, enough to realize that he can probably buy another one in town. However, it will never be the same.

    Bishop then begins walking back the way he came, headed towards town, leaving the others to fend for themselves. He heads back to Silas' magic shop.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "BISHOP, do you want to know where your Decanter is, then listen: Xander was prodding you about your past, and you were getting rather... Morose, and acting like an idiot, so I borrowed it to get you to sober up a bit. You were pretty drunk not to notice that one, and you kept on drinking water for hours without noticing, so I would say it was worth it..."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie. You see the three dessicated humanoids walking towards you and learn the following.

    Spoiler
    Show
    These are salt mummies. A rare type of undead uncommon in these lands. They are created through an ancient mummification rite. These intelligent undead have the ability to draw moisture from living creatures through mere touch.


    Initiative for the salt mummies.

    Spoiler
    Show
    salt mummy 1 (1d20-1)[16]

    salt mummy 2 (1d20-1)[16]

    salt mummy 3 (1d20-1)[5]

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alan you are missing the big bang of their death.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-10-10 at 10:23 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alexander Anderson-Shadows of the Past

    Alucard servant of Lady Fierna
    And his trusty servant Belphegor


    Summon monster list

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop sees Tarith holding the decanter. He rips it out of Tarith's hand, then punches him in the face, then drinks from the decanter as he continues walking past Tarith.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Atk roll (punch):
    (1d20+28)[41]
    Damage roll:
    (1d8+9)[16]

    added something wrong, atk is actually 9 less, making it 32
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-10 at 10:30 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bishop, Tarith is Blinking, so you get a 50% miss chance. 1-50 miss...
    (1d100)[70]
    Also, Tarith is behind the mummies, so you just ate 3 AAO's as well...
    He might even still be hiding, depending on order of actions...
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-10 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Bishop doesn't see the decanter, he would have kept walking towards town, since he has been ignoring Tarith.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @The Party. Dantie sees the dessicated beasts and raises his holy symbol, which catches one of the sun rays coming from above the canopy and directs it at the area where the mummies are. One of them begins to shine light through its cracked body, turns around to see his comrades, growls and explodes in chunks of salt and dust. The other two growl in pain as Tarith sticks a dagger in their flanks, but is cut short of his victory as Bishop punches him in return. The mummies make their moves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mummy 1 to Bishop (AoO) (1d20+9)[27] if it hits, (2d6+17)[23]

    Mummy 2 to Bishop (AoO) (1d20+9)[23] if it hits, (2d6+17)[26]


    After that, one of the mummies attempts to slam Tarith

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mummy 1 (1d20+9)[22] miss chance (1d100)[80](80) if it hits, (2d6+17)[20]


    The other monster attempts to smack Bishop

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mummy 2 (1d20+9)[28] if it hits, (2d6+17)[28]

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Tarith deftly evades the mummy's attack, seeing it go whizzing past him
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop drinks from his decanter two more times.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude save:
    (1d20+16)[25]
    Intelligent doors FTW

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "You know, Bishop, that really wasn't very nice... I was trying to help you."

    As he is speaking, Tarith is turning to the mummy that attacked him, and is returning the favor, slicing deeply into it, always striking where it least expects him to.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Love blink, it means free sneak attacks, although here, Tarith will also be getting flanking benefits...
    If the mummy dies, and Tarith still has attacks left, transfer the remaining attacks to the other mummy.

    on a 20 or less, Tarith misses, min damage on the dagger is a 1

    bastard sword(1d20+12)[24] miss(1d100)[63] damage(1d10+4)[9] sa(5d6+11)[26]
    bastard sword(1d20+7)[18] miss(1d100)[23] damage(1d10+4)[11] sa(5d6+11)[23]
    Dagger(1d20+20)[21] miss(1d100)[81] damage(1d4-1)[3] sa(5d6+11)[23]
    Dagger(1d20+15)[32] miss(1d100)[84] damage(1d4-1)[2] sa(5d6+11)[34]
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Tarith. You strike true and the mummy growls in pain and anger...but is not out of the battle yet. It attempts to hit you again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mummy 1 (1d20+9)[20] miss chance (1d100)[41](41) if it hits, (2d6+17)[23] and a DC 19 Fortitude or an extra (4d6)[2][1][4][2](9) dessication damage


    @Bishop. You take a few drinks from your decanter and the mummy takes his chance at you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mummy 2 (1d20+9)[27] if it hits (2d6+17)[24] and a DC 19 Fortitude or an extra (4d6)[2][4][6][5](17) dessication damage

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop re-selects his target as the mummy attacking him then moves 60 ft. away from the mummies, then drinks from his decanter.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-10 at 11:47 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie. You raise your holy symbol again and intone the old teachings of Pelor. The mummies growl at your words and, like their brother earlier, find themselves lighting up from within. You watch as Bishop and Tarith are both covered in salt and dust as the mummies are utterly destroyed.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    As the last enemy falls to Pelor's holy words Dantie looks to the group. I believe it is time to cast spells. Can everyone get close? Dantie says as he begins taking out all the materials he needs to cast the haste spell, once ready, and everyone is in position he cast the spell and then follows it up with a permanency spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alan I need a number of XP for the spell to become Permanent. Looking at magic fang greater, I would price it at 1,500xp. But in the end comes down to you, Every this is now what you gain to your character sheet, I suggest you put the information under the additional info bar so you know where the bonus comes from.
    When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take a extra action in the round.) A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses. All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.


    Once the spell is cast Dantie holds his hand out holding onto a tree for support as he feels the energy leave him. Slowly he begins to take a drink from his water skin, trying to regain his strength. Well that was something. Dantie says trying to laugh. So did you find anything Tarith? Dantie asks as he looks around and listens to see if he hears anything around them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[6] Spot (1d20+4)[16] Listen (1d20+6)[14] Survival (never know we may need that roll for something.


    It seems like our friend the lich has been busy, its good to know that these creatures are not as powerful as him and that Pelors light can still destroy them. Dantie says as he finally regains his strength.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alexander Anderson-Shadows of the Past

    Alucard servant of Lady Fierna
    And his trusty servant Belphegor


    Summon monster list

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    After the battle.
    So this lich has power over sand, and the ability to grant like power to its creations. That may explain the multiple trails from the marker, most creatures when turned undead lose most of the cognitive functions, possibly the marker could be used simply help ensure the lich's spawns do not get lost when then are sent out on a task. Did you notice that the inscription only spoke of a single guardian, I wonder if the marker predates the existence of this goddess.

    Bishop, I must apologize for prying, I had not realized i stumbled into a touchy subject. Allow me to make amends by bolstering your defenses. I also have a spell prepared that will allow as many of us as I choose to double in size, granting all the benefits and drawbacks one would expect. And Tarith, I have that same spell I spoke of at the ball, allowing instant mental communication between the four of us, I will hold off on both spells however until such a time as it appears we will need it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Xander casts mage armor on Bishop and himself. The other spells I mentioned were Enlarge Person(Chain), and Telekinesis.
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Still looking. This does remind me. I brought a new ring in town, and so, have a spare ring of protection +1. Does anyone else want it? And Xander, I would prefer to remain my own size. My strength in combat is not my strength, it is my speed."

    Tarith is still searching the remains(36 search)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-11 at 09:25 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    ********

    In a cabin in the fey woods, deeper into the forest...

    Kazym paces back and forth inside the cabin as Old Balion is sitting down on a rustic wooden table, scribbling notes on an old, brown ledger, his attention is completely focused on his writing, ignoring the lich and his two salt mummy attendants. Both whoch wear black, tattered cloaks and leather armor.

    "How much longer must we wait, Guardian? Time is of the essence." Kazym looks at the grime covered druid in disgust, but is reminded of why he must be with him, and as such, sweetens his words (a most difficult feat, given his dry, hollow voice).

    "Think about how you have been denied time with her, Ferocious Balion. Would you want Jacob to take all the glory and merit for him being the guardian?"

    Old Balion, breaks his quill as the lich ends his sentence and looks up at him with wide eyes, then stands up and rushes towards the lich. Kazym, makes a grim face and prepares to bring upon the druid a fate worse than death, but the druid simply rushes past him, nearly knocking him to the side and steps out into the clearing which has a good amount of salt mummies prowling aroud the area. Looking at his surroundings, a breeze flies by and Balion takes a whiff.

    "We have guests- of the living kind, not yours. Hmmm... you seem to have been followed, sand caster. I also percieve the scent of your followers where these strangers stood. Sand and dust, dissolved and carried by the winds. No mere pilgrims."

    Kazym steps outside and looks around. "Odd. I came in here with these two initially. I made sure nobody followed me. Are they a threat to be considered?" Kazym smiles internally at the thought.

    "Maybe, maybe not. If they are here, maybe they are after her. I cannot let that happen."

    Balion kneels and places his hand on the ground, speaking in a secret language.

    "She chose me to be her finest guardian, sand caster. These woods are mine. I know every inch in this place. Wherever they go, I will know. Such is the blessing of Arrallae."

    "Then truly your goddess is one I must meet, Old Balion, but, most importantly, one you must be reunited with. Time to for the wronged to be rewarded, old friend."

    Old Balion keeps his back turned to the lich and takes out a whistle made of bone. As he blows it, it produces no sound. A few seconds later, a huge skeletal wolf-like creature comes into view, quite stealthy, despite its size.

    "Aluserk, my faithful companion, even in death. We ride for the Swan, but first, I must set some deterrents for our guests. Can you keep up Kazym?"

    The Seneschal frowns as the druid rides his skeletal mount and bids his mummies to follow suit. He turns around and sees Cecile and Basil are standing idly by, growling at the sky. Kazym walks up to Cecile and smacks her swiftly, knocking the mummy to the ground.

    "Stupid girl. Don't stand idly by! Now catch up with the rest!."

    He then uncorks a decanter and let's sand flow from it, much like Bishop's. From the sand, three monstrous giants take form, composed of arid sand and gravel.

    *********



    @Tarith: You notice that one of the mummies left behind a small pocket journal. Most likely tugged into one of the robe's pockets. These are the later entries, in Common.

    Spoiler
    Show
    We met a priest in the city who tried to convince us to abandon our pilgrimage. Although I can understand where he's coming from, we need to find the Goddess. She is a boon on Oerth and I think we should all bask in her glory. I was never a pious man, but in a world with monsters, supernatural horrors, and nightmares from beyond the grave, why can't there be someone like her?


    We have been in the forest for a day already. And already I have lost half the group I was leading in. We managed to hide or outrun some of them, but the others, they fell to the creatures. Why were they wearing our robes? It is dark now and we have barely managed to light a fire and set up camp. My daughter says there is a man coming in from the west, not too far away. Maybe a straggler? The more the merrier, I guess. Goddess, may you guide us tonight safely.


    @Dantie: You survey the area and notice, apart from the sand trails which become thinner as they divide into the wilderness, one path that does not have a sand trail, but instead a few lights, much like fireflies, buzzing around in place. After you see them, they begin to move farther away, but not at a striking speed, just casually separating and buzzing around silently.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-12 at 04:18 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    As Dantie takes in his surroundings he notices that though the sand paths eventually get smaller, that their seems to be something in the woods, for where no path of sand stays is a small line of fireflies. Not to take this without letting the others know Dantie calls out to them, I think these creatures are trying to show us something. Look. Dantie says as he watches them start to fly away, but never to fast so that their light would be gone. I think they are showing us the way we need to go. Though to do what I am not sure. Dantie says wishing Angelis was here with them right now. At least then it would be easier on everyone to get through these woods.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15] Listen (1d20+4)[13] Spot (1d20+6)[26] Survival
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alexander Anderson-Shadows of the Past

    Alucard servant of Lady Fierna
    And his trusty servant Belphegor


    Summon monster list

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Well, it takes us deeper into the woods, so good enough for me. Looks like the pilgrims are being turned into these sand creatures, which is bad news. There are probably a lot more, and a lot more could be a serious challenge. Bishop, you took a few hits there. Are you good to go?"

    Looks like Cecile and Basil were probably turned into undead, but why? If there were so many pilgrims, it is unlikely that they would be needed, so perhaps that attack in the city was the start of events here as well.

    Tarith pauses for a moment, looking around, before heading down the path that Dantie mentioned, keeping out of sight as much as he can.

    Spoiler
    Show

    So, Tarith will leave a readied action in place to activate the ring if enemies are spotted.
    spot(1d20+16)[17]
    listen(1d20+16)[28]
    hide(1d20+27)[41]
    move silently(1d20+27)[34]
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    "Yeah, I'll be fine."

    Bishop then takes out a chain from his backpack. He ties the chain around his decanter with all his strength. Then wraps the other end of the chain around his right arm, several times over so to not lose his decanter or have it stolen again. He then drinks from his decanter and takes out his scythe with his other hand.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Xander follow follows the group, taking a moment to study the lights.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge arcana (1d20+21)[39] Knowledge nature (1d20+15)[21]
    Characters currently playing

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Dantie seeing everyone agrees with him, follows the lights to wherever it is they will lead.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alexander Anderson-Shadows of the Past

    Alucard servant of Lady Fierna
    And his trusty servant Belphegor


    Summon monster list

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Dantie: You head into the direction the fireflies are circling about, as you push through the undergrowth, you notice the area is filled with flowers and moss covered roots. The fireflies spark with different colors and you see one has landed with a buzzing sound onto your shoulder. You turn your head to look at the bug, but this is no insect.

    On your shoulder stands what appears to be a very, very small elf, of most slender and lithe design. She appears to be nude, with golden eyes and green skin. Faceted wings, like a dragon fly turn on their own accord. Buzzing one second, still the next. The creature seems to be saying something to you, but it's so small, that you can barely make out what it's saying, just a high-pitched screech into your ear.

    @Tarith: You hide and walk beside the group, at a decent distance, certainly, so as to not stumble or brush against them and blow your cover, but close enough to strike anyone attacking them or pocket one of Bishop's wooden weapons with ease.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide (1d20+36)[40]

    Listen (1d20+16)[36]

    Spot (1d20+16)[26]


    You do see a group of no more than four or six of the glowing bugs circling around. One has landed on Dantie's shoulder.

    @Bishop: The effects from the alcohol are wearing off slowly already, but the mind seems to play tricks on you as these fire flies buzzing around Dantie seem to concoct a most dazzling pattern of color.

    Hey

    A voice whispers into your left ear, but no one is there.

    @Xander: You approach Dantie and take a good look at the creature on his shoulder and the few flying around. You have read about these creatures, but something is odd.

    These are Shimmerlings. A very small fey race that would inhabit locales such as these. Normally, they would feed off pollen and individually they are no threat. Strangely enough, they are not only known as Shimmerlings.

    The book calls them a Shimmerling Swarm.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Somehow, I think this may turn nasty...

    Tarith continues observing events, but he does activate his ring.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Adiana, Weave
    Rose, Great Game
    Luxana, Throne
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    Galron, Hope

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    Bishop holds his position, with his scythe in one hand and his decanter in the other. Preparing for the worst, drinks two tankards worth of ale from his decanter. Then yells, "Who is there? Show yourself, or else..."
    Intelligent doors FTW

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AlanBruce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

    @Bishop: The first whisper came from the left. Now you hear a whisper from your right as a few leaves are carried by a gentle wind and circle around you then fly upwards. The voice appears feminine and carries a jesting tone in her words.

    Big, strong man... what will you do?


    @Tarith: Although you can see no more than the glowbugs flying around Dantie. You can hear the creature on his shoulder speak. A familiar language, but it´s too high-pitched to make anything out of it at the distance you're in. Perhaps if you stood next to the priest and leaned over, you might make a better sense of what it says.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •