New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 2 (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow Tarith give everyone else a chance. I have to skip over half of a page of replying so that this does not take all day. Please give everyone else a chance to post.

As the woman mentions Angelis Dantie grows somber as he answers. Angelis has fallen. Two assassins snuck up on us and killed him, we have killed one of them. A man named Varien. He had been working with this lich from what a letter had said, the other got away though. A she devil whos sense of humor was of killing things. Dantie grips his hands tight as he says the next words. Soon she will be like him though, dead. And with her death Angelis shall be reborn. Then to all assembled their he speaks out. All of you do not worry, I have been sent here from the high city, and shall slay this lich, and the man who has turned to darkness. Then dantie studies the woman who says she has come from the Olympian Gardens.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[13] the planes (1d20+4)[16] spot (1d20+21)[38] Diplomacy check

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Azakiel looks up to the sky as a sun ray bathes her figure from the canopy.

"So it was Angelis... I do hope you can honor your word, father. Angelis was a dear friend to me. Please, do not let this go unpunished."

You examine Azakiel and try to remember where have you seen someone like her or an inscription in the holy texts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Azakiel is a Ghaele Eladrin, a knight from The Olympian Glades of Arborea, one of many afterlifes in the Great Wheel. Servant to no deities, but to the plane itself. Some speculate her race predates the gods themselves.

Azakiel looks at you intently after you have sworn the lich slaying and that of the guardian.

"Father, may we have a word...in private."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

I will not. Dantie says looking into her eyes, now that he knows what she is, and to extent who she is he has less fear of her, but still holds the respect and knowledge that she will hold him to his word. As Azakiel asks for a word in private with him Dantie looks to his companions. It is fine, we can trust them. And please someone get the liquor off of Bishop. Then turning back to Azakiel he bows and says My lady lead me to where you would like to talk. I believe I have an idea of what you wish to say. Dantie says believing that she either wants him to keep her identiy a secret or to bring the old Guardian infront of them for trial.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: Azakiel leads you a few feet away from the rest, past the pool and into the farthest tree within the grove. The glow in her eyes diminish, taking on a more mortal tone, complete with irises and pupils.

"Listen, Dantie. It may have crossed your mind why I have not gone and destroyed both the Guardian and the abomination that walks with him. There are... reasons why I must stay here and protect this grove. I cannot interfere, not with this particular scenario. I ask you, since you are a man of faith, to please place it on my words, no matter how cryptic they may sound."

Azakiel pauses for a moment , looks at the group far away, then looks at you.

"If you kill the Guardian and the lich. If you happen to see this goddess. Do not, under any circumstance, allow her to remember. Please Dantie, I cannot stress this enough. I cannot give further information, more so than what I have delivered now. I am bound by the highest of decrees. Promise me!"
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-10-14 at 05:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Watching Dantie get led into the forest by the beautiful, otherworldly elf, Tarith wonders to himself.
    What are the chances that Dantie is forgetting that girl from town... what was her name again...
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie is led to the very edge of the the place until they are at the farthest tree within the grove. As she stops and turns around to speak with him he notices that a more human tone has come to her eyes as she speaks. As Dantie listens to her words he lets them all sink in. Thinking on what she has told him and then asks Only one question. Is she not suppose to remember her past or the guardian? Both will be hard to do without much help and strength though. The Guardian it seems has been cutting the forest into paths from what we saw their were at least 8 different paths leading into the woods. Soon I have no doubt he will find her once more, so being able to keep him away may be difficult. But if you mean her past, I shall try my best. Dantie then looks around the grove and then to all the fey gathered, In truth I thought you were going to ask me to bring the guardian before you for trial in the other realms. That or to keep the secret that you are not from this world. I could tell when first I saw you. Do you know if any of the other coven still live? Perhaps we could launch a rescue mission as well. Dantie says to her as he looks back into her eyes.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Uwellyn watches Dantie and Azakiel confer elsewhere and turns to you.

"I can see Azakiel has no doubts about your friend and his intentions. We, however, are less trusting, be it a man of the cloth or otherwise. Alas, the woods are in peril, and you have vowed to help. Whether for righteous reasons or otherwise, time will tell."

Uwellyn beckons with her head for something to come towards you.

"The woods are knotted and vast. Easy for the city folk to get lost. I believe he may prove to be a useful guide for most of your trek."

You feel a lightweight perch on your left shoulder.

This one doesn't bathe as much

A miniature fey comes into view. He wears an outfit similar to yours, but fashioned from forest materials. Two pairs of firefly wings buzz in place before resting behind his back.

"I'm Gigglemug. I believe I'll be leading this team?"

@Dantie: Azakiel shakes her head.

"No, Dantie. Balion has not broken any laws against existence at a planar scale. As such, I cannot interfere. However, his goals and those of the lich could begin something that, inadvertently, may tip the scales and crash them. She may remember the Guardian. Of that, I have no doubt. However, an opportunity may arise, if you meet her, to rekindle the embers of her past. They must not. As for my presence, keep it a secret from her. I know it is difficult to understand why, but it is for everyone's safety."

8. - Top - End - #218

GreenSorcererElf

"If we are to do anything more than wander aimlessly, then a guide would come in handy. Can you offer any other assistance?"

As Gigglemug introduces himself, Tarith struggles to hold in a laugh.

Gigglemug? Who would name their child that?

"If you are the guide, then yes, you will be leading us around the forest. However, where will we be going? There are three threats to this forest that I am aware of, and dealing with each one individually would be preferred. However, since the lich and Bailon are likely always near each other, and can probably teleport, that leaves striking at the undead, unless they separate, or if you have another way of isolating them."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Gigglemug flies off your shoulder and hovers a few inches away from your nose.

"Not to worry! Old Balion and the sand caster may be in deeper, but I know the way around! Plus, the Fey Woods have many other guardians as well. All we need to do is gather their assistance! I would suggest we go see The Shepherd. He's old and sleeps most of the time, but he will be able to point us in the right direction."

Gigglemug looks at Bishop who rocks back and forth in place.

"Is he under some spell?"

10. - Top - End - #220

GreenSorcererElf

"That sounds like a possible plan. It would seem we have a destination. Now, I whould probably wait for the others to get ready to get moving. Xander is probably studying... something somewhere around here, and Dantie is with that elf. But, with Bishop, who can tell. I can check, but I don't think it would be worth the expenditure of magic. Bishop, you ok?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie hears what she has to say he nods his head. I understand what you are asking and shall try my best. But my friends may prove to be the problem more then me on that account. One likes to learn new things and as such has vast knowledge from what I can tell, he may speak of you. I will try to warn him not to do so though. Then their is Bishop, though he seems like a harmless drunk, it is normally his mouth that gets us into trouble. I will try my best though. Is there anything else I should know, or should we get back to the others? It would be wise not to waste what light we have, they will have the advantage at night after all. Dantie says to Azakiel.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: "That is all I can disclose, Dantie. I hope no more information is necessary t reveal in the future. I trust you will be able to handle the situation. As simple as it may appear."

Azakiel gesturers you join the others and then says one last thing.

"Do not forget, Dantie. A weapon's biggest flaw is its wielder."

@Tarith: "Sounds like a plan. I'll wait outside the grove for you and your comrades. We must make haste, though!" Gigglemug flies off a few feet into the grove's opening and disappears from sight.

13. - Top - End - #223

GreenSorcererElf

"Fair enough. We will follow when we are gathered."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

I shall remember that Azakiel, and when next we meet may Pelors light be shining on you all. and with that Dantie goes with Tarith to wait to be led by the small little fey that had been sitting on Tariths shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Im am almost postive it would not pass the +15 never mind the roll so I am just assuming I can see it if it is still invisible.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

In response to Uwellyn's inquiry about Steiner.
    I have not had the opportunity to speak with the man myself, the others I believe have, I simply had his wishes relayed to me after agreeing to give aid to the situation in your woods.

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge planes(Azakiel) (1d20+15)[28]

When Dantie leaves with Azakiel, Xander wanders a short distance to observe the dyrads under there trees, and the drying up pool, still trying to puzzle out how the one he met earlier is alive and well, while these ones seem to be dieing inside there own grove. After studying the area a moment, Xander returns to the rest.

Uwellyn, this may seem like a strange question, but would you mind if I took a sample of the pool drying up over there, that I may study it and its effects further?

Spoiler
    Show
    Both just to see if anything seems out of place involving the trees and pool, and, from what Xander would expect to see.(area's that the water might be escaping or speeding up the rate the pools are draining, or anyway to help transport the water to the dying trees more efficiently in order to prolong the over all life of the grove. Also Xander is still invisible, and has comprehend languages on.
    spot (1d20+15)[28] knowledge nature [roll1d20+15[/roll]
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

16. - Top - End - #226

Bishop follows the group, and nods his head in agreement as Tarith speaks.
    Intelligent doors FTW

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok these are the roles so while we are walking and following our guide. (1d20+4)[9] listen (1d20+4)[16] spot (1d20+6)[16] survival

18. - Top - End - #228

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    If we are rolling...
    hide(1d20+27)[39]
    move silently(1d20+27)[34]
    spot(1d20+16)[19]
    listen(1d20+16)[32]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You take a good look at Azakiel and immediately your mind opens to the desired chapter back in the academy. She is an Eladrin. A Ghaele, to be exact. An ancient planar race from one of the many heavens in the Great Wheel, the Olympian Glades of Arborea.

Uwellyn seems puzzled at your request.

"The pool sustains the trees in the grove, which also sustains the dryads in it. There are many other pools that carry water underground and feed the roots. The biggest and most revitalizing font I can think of belongs to Anzaril, one of our estranged sisters deeper into the woods. Consort to Old Balion, or so she would like to believe."

@The Party: You leave the Western Grove and begin your trek through the forest with Gigglemug a few paces ahead.

"I have seen many of your kind come in in the last few days. Weeks even. But none have been to the Grove, let alone met Uwellyn. You certainly are a lucky lot. Luckier still, to have me as your guide. Once we reach the Shepherd, he will be able to guide us further in."

As the pixie rambles on, you see perched upon a column of roots and moss another stone slab. This one depicts a crude etching of three men: An archer, a robed man with a scythe, and a cloaked man with a lute.

"I never did understand why they wanted to show off so much."

20. - Top - End - #230

GreenSorcererElf

As they wander through the forest, Tarith is looking around warily, obviously uncomfortable in a place he is very unfamiliar in.
    "Perhaps they just wished to be noticed. People do stupider things all the time."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You walk past the stone marker into a clearing. Suddenly, the ground begins to shake and the screech of birds can be heard in the trees above. Something big approaches in your direction. At fast speed.

"I think I'll take a look...up there." Gigglemug flies upward and vanishes.

22. - Top - End - #232

GreenSorcererElf

Sounds big, and heading towards us. Time to get out of sight.

Tarith swiftly activates his ring, and hides behind a handy tree

Spoiler
    Show

hide(1d20+27)[45]
    move silently(1d20+27)[43]
    spot(1d20+16)[29]
    listen(1d20+16)[20]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-15 at 06:06 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You hide behind a tree and look into the area where the screeching of birds and the thundering steps are heard. You hear hoofs, paws, roars and broken underbrush as a large herd of forest animals breaks into view and rush towards your general direction. The animals are not slowing down, and you can see their eyes are almost white, with blind fear. Bears, stags, small rodents and all manner of forest animals rush panicked towards your group, encompassing a wide area.

24. - Top - End - #234

GreenSorcererElf

"Up the Trees!"

Tarith tries to climb up the tree he is hiding behind.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[8] climb
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #235

RedWizardGuy

As the ground, begins to shake.
    We should get above ground, fast. Everyone get close.

Once they are within 30 feet of Xander, he casts levitate on himself, chaining it to the party, he then raises the group into the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can raise us 20 ft a round, will bring us up until we are about 10 feet above the herd, or high enough people can grab branches that are safe to sit on. Levitate lasts 10 min. (Sorcerer lvl 5 slot)
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-10-15 at 09:32 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie runs towards Xander as he calls them to him, and before long he feels himself become almost weightless. This is quite some spell you have Xander. I must say I think we would have been in a rout if you were not here with us. As Dantie is talking he is looking of into the distance to see what is going on in the area the animals are all running from.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20] spot check

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You hear the ground rumbling and then an explosion of fur, hooves, antlers and fangs come sin to view. Recalling your innate power, you close your eyes for a fraction of a second and envision everyone high, high above. As high as you can take your friends. When you open your eyes, you see a wave of animals stampeding a few feet below you. After a few minutes, only a stray deer evades the wake of destruction and follows suit.

Gigglemug reappears next to you, holding on to a branch.

"Well, that is weird. I haven't seen something like that since..."

Gigglemug... I should have known

Where the path of destruction from the herd once raced, you see a form take shape from leaves and branches. The form is medium sized and has a faint humanoid build. The twigs and leaves form around an airy space, using two acorns for eyes.

28. - Top - End - #238

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming Tarith can see it too.

After the stampede passes, Tarith climbs down from his tree, and pauses, amazed at what he sees

Well, if it is friendly, the others will undoubtedly try to talk to it, but if it is not, then some preparation is in order

Tarith tries to sneak around, and come at it from the side, relying on the others to keep the focus on them.

Spoiler
    Show

move silently(1d20+27)[42]
    hide(1d20+27)[44]
    spot(1d20+16)[34]
    listen(1d20+16)[27]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie sees the last of the animals pass below them he begins to allow himself to decend when he hears a voice call out to their guide. From the area the voice came from stands a vaguely humanoid shape, that has acorns for eyes. Dantie looks from his companions to their guide before asking if this is the guardian they are looking for. Then to the creature Dantie calls out. I am Dantie Silva, Follower of Pelor. May I ask who you are and what just happened? he says to the figure.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry forgot to role for diplomacy [roll0]