New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Industrial Minecraft: Reboot

I have a full episode coming, and I think the change will be more apparent. Loud sounds from the game are much, much less likely to drown me out when I am speaking. it may be just me, but I am much happier with how this sounds.

In other news, quite a few new episodes coming. Two ish hours of play. Automation, exploration, research, and other fun things from almost every mod I use.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

I keep yelling at the screen "NO! DON'T USE GEARS, USE CHIPSETS!!!"

Buildcraft 3.x has an Assembly Table you can build (will also need Lasers from Buildcraft to power them, and they will need BC power). Assembly table produces chipsets. These are used for your Logic Gates... but can also be used to replace the gears in logistics pipes recipies.

Please... please... build this so you can save yourself 3x gold and 4x iron with every replacement. You could've saved yourself 3 diamonds and the above by doing this with your sorting module as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I keep yelling at the screen "NO! DON'T USE GEARS, USE CHIPSETS!!!"

Buildcraft 3.x has an Assembly Table you can build (will also need Lasers from Buildcraft to power them, and they will need BC power). Assembly table produces chipsets. These are used for your Logic Gates... but can also be used to replace the gears in logistics pipes recipies.

Please... please... build this so you can save yourself 3x gold and 4x iron with every replacement. You could've saved yourself 3 diamonds and the above by doing this with your sorting module as well...
    That is all well and good, but the recipe for the assembly table calls for a diamond gear + a diamond, plus each laser requires 2 diamonds, and you really need 2 or 3 lasers to get any kind of speed out of the assembly table. That is 9+ diamonds, of which I have, I think, 1 at the moment. That isn't even counting the fact that lasers need power, steam engines at least, and preferably combustion, and I have NONE of that infrastructure set up.

It is on my to do list, certainly, but I am, at the moment, getting my basic automation off the ground. Then I need to get some kind of automatic mining set up so I have the resources to draw on to get the bigger, better stuff off the ground, Forestry, Steve's Carts, and, yes, the neat stuff from Buildcraft.

Despite looking, and being, somewhat disorganized, I do have a little bit of a plan.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    I have a full episode coming, and I think the change will be more apparent. Loud sounds from the game are much, much less likely to drown me out when I am speaking. it may be just me, but I am much happier with how this sounds.

In other news, quite a few new episodes coming. Two ish hours of play. Automation, exploration, research, and other fun things from almost every mod I use.
    I don't know how you edit your sounds, but on the off chance that you use audacity to mix the two streams together: It has an "Autoduck" plugin. Contrary to its name it doesn't make you sound like a member of the Anatidae family, but rather it automagically lowers the volume of one audio track when there's sound on the other.

PM me if you want/need help on that one.
    Last edited by Whoracle; 2012-10-24 at 03:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    That is all well and good, but the recipe for the assembly table calls for a diamond gear + a diamond, plus each laser requires 2 diamonds, and you really need 2 or 3 lasers to get any kind of speed out of the assembly table. That is 9+ diamonds, of which I have, I think, 1 at the moment. That isn't even counting the fact that lasers need power, steam engines at least, and preferably combustion, and I have NONE of that infrastructure set up.
    Steam? Combustion? No, what you mean are Peat and Biogas. Set up yourself a peat bog, which doesn't take much, and peat engines are better than Steam. You've got enough of a tree farm going that you can hold off on the Arboretum, but basically you need saplings, and the apatite you are collecting and a bit of sand to make fertilizer in your Fermenter. That'll produce as much Biomass as you like.

It is on my to do list, certainly, but I am, at the moment, getting my basic automation off the ground. Then I need to get some kind of automatic mining set up so I have the resources to draw on to get the bigger, better stuff off the ground, Forestry, Steve's Carts, and, yes, the neat stuff from Buildcraft.

Despite looking, and being, somewhat disorganized, I do have a little bit of a plan.
    I always, -always- set up my Assembly Table before I set up my Logistics Pipes system. It's just such a massive return on my investments, especially in Gold, that I don't even consider making my first Logistics Pipes until after my Assembly Table has churned out a couple of Gold Circuits.

Generally, I get my peat bog set up ASAP, although if you have the version with the Thermionic Fabricator, you have to delay it until you have stable IC2 power and an electric engine. The peat bog gives you enough BC power to get started (it can also be burned in IC2 generators). From there, I generally get my forestry groove going with my Arb/Logger to provide my Fermenter with everything it needs for producing sweet, sweet Biomass. And I use the Biogas Engines to power my Lasers.

So yea, once I get my IC2 basic workshop setup, I go branch mining until I have enough diamonds for the Logger and the Lasers/Table. Sure, it's a pretty steep investment that early on, but it pays itself off, in my opinion.

Also, I'm sure you have heard of Frame Quarries? Try one with Arcane Bores as the mining head...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #36

BlackDragon

Once you start up an outside base, why not use mystcraft crystal portals to travel around to multiple floors and other areas.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show