1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2126 IC 2

Andean Federation
    Def Esp 19

To the TRHI (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You should have at least informed us you were discussing the idea. Please understand that an alliance with the UK was not our first choice, and we know full well what could happen. But with no other allies who exactly do you think would have been the UK and Soviets next target when the finished North America, and they would have within mere months.

What exactly would you have us do. Wait until there was no more time, and try to establish last minute communications once we were absolutely sure that no help was forthcoming. Any position of strength we had would have been lost. Rather than allies we would have had to submit to being vassals.

You have our word that we won't attack you, and that we will try to restrain our allies from attacking you and the rest of the UON. Can you say the same of your allies and Project Earth?

(I sent that query to you almost two weeks ago. The EoT is in less than 48 hours. Not all of us have the security of having four strong allies in a tight knit group that are all separated from the aggressive nations by an entire gravity well. )

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

To UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We accept the invitation. What is this project you'd like to discuss?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the UON, Amurian Technocracy [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sorry, that was a lie. Needed an excuse to get you up here."

"We're talking through battle plans, since it seems a conflict with the new Andean Federation/United Kingdom Power bloc is inevitable."

"What's the position of the ESC?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

UON Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''My primary interest is to safeguard ESC. As much as I would like to stay neutral, it’s clear a world war is inevitable and as such I would prefer be on the winning side, that won’t turn on me, once the enemy is destroyed. UON is a space based power. You can have the vast reaches of the Solar System. Amurian Technocracy holds no interest in space. As long as you don’t interfere with our politics on Earth, I don’t see how we can have any problems. Therefore our cooperation has a long-term viability.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

UON Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good. I sincerely hope we can form a beneficial relationship when this is all over."

"On to war-plans then?"

"The UON seems to be in favour of making the first strike, though are enemies may well be planning exactly the same thing. What forces would you be willing to commit, and where?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I will need to speak to the ESC members about our military engagements, for which I need to know more about them. What exactly is the plan of the attack?''

''I would also like to hear from other UON members, if they support our alliance, as so far I've talked only to Lunar Empire.''

[OOC - And since I need to talk to ESC before EoT, there is a certain urgency.]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

UON Meeting[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be going along with whatever the senior members have planed.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 11

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    It matters little now. Your fellow UON powers have forced our hands. There was little other choice we had when both the ESC and UON members started targetting our reputation without offering any means to discuss or make amends. We could only assume it was a precursor to war.

We sincerely hope that there may be some room for understanding at a future date. Right now there seems little point.

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Earth sincerely wishes that you had negotiated with us, to discuss what the propaganda attacks were about. You assisted us against Hypereaux, you said nothing against Carthage who were the ones who removed Ethiopia from the political map, not us.

Without your willingness to negotiate we could only assume the worst in your intent, so we had to make meausre to protect ourselves. We are still open to communicating with you at any point, though it may be too late.

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    God speed to whatever plans you have. It is unfortunate, but with the Amurian Technocracy's betrayal, our hand was forced. The UON will probably stop at nothing short of global domination, and Hypereaux has shown itself to show absolutely no remorse and are looking to repeat the sins of their past.

Project Earth is aware of the actions you took against Brazil with the Amurians. Our hypothesis is it was an attempt to frame the UK and push the Andeans away from them. Please understand that it was that act that made this alliance happen.

Project Earth's offer to you is to not trust the Amurians so willingly. They betrayed the Andean Federation and Project Earth already. Understand that though the UK and Soviet alliance has been the cause of most wars, they are still limited in power. Even should the UON fall, Carthage, the ESC, South America, and Subsahara Africa are still enough to hold them in check. What will hold the UON in check should the opposite happen? Will Carthage and the ESC be enough to balance the UON's power?

Andean Federation, UK-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Earth has no other allies close enough to bring on board.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cobra

Project-Earth[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    how did you know of our involvement? it went off without a hitch...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The same way we discovered Hypereaux was the media mogul, by looking into the matter afterwards."

The representative slammed his fist to the table.

"Now it's too late you fool! The Andean Federation and Project Earth were ready to fight against the UK and protect North America. There was no need to frame the UK, there was no alliance in the making. Now do you want to tell me why? Why you and the Amurians spit on our alliance? Why have you taken up banners with the UON who has never shown anything but caring about themselves?

"Everyone has committed grave errors. You have, we have, everyone has. However, the Amurians and the UON have tipped their hat and shown what they're going to do. Ask yourself if the UON wins, and the UK, Soviets, Andeans, and Project Earth all fall, who will stand in their way? Compare that to the reverse. We're willing to overlook your actions if you explain yourself, and you know we have enough influence with the Andean Federation for them to feel likewise."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas Order to UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if it wasn't before, the time seems to have come for the end war. The board is set and we all know the pieces are moving. While we have terrestrial allies which were not in our plans previously, the very large rock we have to drop on the planet still seems the most viable option.

Given what Mistral said about starting a world wide announcement about having only so long to destroy it, we could use it as our opening gambit and then let the UK/Soviet/Andean forces shoot at it while we shoot at them. They will almost certainly do so as the giant rock would have an impact comparable to thousands of nuclear weapons.

There is also Itzi which we can send into a long orbit to serve as a RKV to use to much the same purpose.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cobra

Project-Earth[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    our actions in Brazil had nothing to do with the alliance. Brazil is too close to the Andean Federation, which would probably give them almost as large an intelligence network as us which could mean bad news if they turned on us. in other words it was to protect myself.

i assure you i am not throwing in my lot with the UON.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see. It's unfortunate, as I can assure you the Andean Federation and Brazil had many more nations that were of greater concern. We doubt they had an ill intent for you, though that much is more speculation.

However, understand this, that the UK-Soviet and Andean-Project Earth alliance is the only thing standing in the UON's way. If you're going to commit a joint espionage attack with the Amurians, chances are you're attacking one of the four of us, and though it will be for your own reasons, you will be effectively playing into the UON's hands.

I would strongly suggest leaving those nations alone until the UON can be kept from being the undisputed power in the world.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cobra

Project-Earth[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    oh, you must have assumed my plan was an attack on one of you. i dont have any plans against any of you. i was referring to an attack upon blue-heaven to end them once and for all.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-10-11 at 09:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I see now. Yes, they did attack you recently, and it makes much more sense. Good luck with those efforts. Hopefully what appears to be the next global war will turn out to be smaller. Regardless, we'll do what we can to make sure you aren't considered a part of the UON-Amurian alliance, and will try to help improve relatios between you and the Andean Federation as a long term goal.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hypereux: Station 9

UON/Amur (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

No asteroid. We want to seem as though we are simply trying to halt aggressive expansionism, not end the world--which would be a very real possibility, I might add, should things go wrong.

I do indeed support an alliance with the ESC, as I can see that as being only beneficial to all parties involved. The way I see it, there are two main questions to be discussed: do we strike first, and if so, where? If we strike first, we gain the advantage of defining the conflict from the start, though the fact that the Andeans invited us to intervene in the UK/CSA conflict and then signed a mutual defense treaty strikes me as suspicious and an obvious trap. Striking there might not be advisable, though I will freely admit that I am not in possession of all the facts of that situation.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

UON Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A first strike will give us the advantage, and start the conflict now, before the strength of both sides escalates further."

"Interesting. Where will our enemies not be expecting an attack? Brazil?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-12 at 04:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

UON Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m prepared to support attack against Brazil, as long as a definite decision is reached. If UON has ESP we can pool it together with mine to support such action. I also agree that first strike is preferable – whoever strikes first gets the initiative to win the war. If our enemies strike first, they’ll have an opportunity to wipe out one of us.''

[OOC – And please get a definite decision before EoT time. Again, I need to coordinate with NPCs. If no decision is reached, I have a definite option to make peace with Project Earth and go turtle.]

[Edit: If you don't trust me, just put ''If Amurian troops don't meet with our forces for attack'' contingency and I'm prepared to place them in such way as not to be able to betray you (though not in a position where they'll be sent to die as cannon fodder).]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-10-12 at 09:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

FRA to United Kingdom (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It pains us to admit it, but you are correct. We surrender. We will make the arrangements for our military to stand down and to permit your forces to cross the border for inspections. Our hope is that, in doing so, we can minimize the potential loss of life."

CSA to Andean Federation (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We wish you had informed us of this public and total alliance with the devil sooner, though we are thankful that you didn't try to spring this on us once we were at your mercy. It seems we have no choice now but to fight to the last, then."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

TRHI

to UON & Amuria [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

Getting in the first punch is preferable; therefore TRHI is for a pre-emptive attack too.

If we strike the UK first, we get the surprise against their largest military and can claim we are only trying to stop their ruthless expansion. If we hit them strong enough, they might even break before their allies can react, taking them out completely and at least getting them of balance. Additionally, right now large parts of their forces are out in the open for their campaign against CSA and therefore more vulnerable against bombardment. However, the Moon King has more recent military experience then us, if his judgement is that this would not work we will trust his words. No matter what were we strike first, TRHI has to take out the Soviet bases in the opening engagement, otherwise they are too big a threat for our own stations.

TRHI will provide it’s ESP for the operation.

I understand their terms of alliance in such a way, as that neither Brazil nor the soviets are under obligation to aid the three core members. Attacking Brazil therefore strikes me as counterproductive. It would further undermine any claim our sides for the moral high ground.

to Andean Federation [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

Not informing you about the discussions was a mistake. A mistake that puts you in an unfavourable position and gave you the impression that you had no choice.

We will work on restraining our allies too.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

To the UON[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If targets are being discussed, We'll use our 4 MIL and 2 ESP to hit their orbtial assets.

For any media attack, we'll use our small amount of influence and some volenteers (3 Rep and 3 Mor).

We'll send the media stuff over to station 9, and will place our Millitary and Espionage assets under the command of the Moon King.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

UON Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm... good point. Forget Brazil then."

"I really think we need to avoid the United Kingdom until we've got a bit more of an advantage. Project earth I think is our best target."

"Hypereux has made clear the justification we might have to move against them; their attack was a severe over-reaction, the UON didn't object at the time because of how out-gunned we were. We can use that as the Casus Belli, with our significant public influence we should be able to keep our good appearances."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

UON Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I'm prepared to cooperate with my influence [REP].''

[OK - I'll be sending EoT tomorrow, basically MIL supports UON attack, ESP works with TRHI & Grim to support the attack. REP paints the whole thing with roses. Sounds good? Anything I should add?]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

TRHI

to UON & Amuria [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

You have the most military experience among us, so I will trust your judgment. It is just that I feel that the UK is currently vulnerable and we ought to use this chance. (OOC: If the plan fails I can declare ‘told you so’ and heap all the blame for failure on your head.)

This is a suitable justification. It is weaker then ‘we come to protect/ restore freedom’, but it is workable. We should release a statement alongside our declaration of war that we do not intend to claim the territory we conquer for ourselves, but plan to restore the nations and hold free elections as soon as the crisis is over.

Does anybody else intend to spend ESP for either securing our command network or supporting the attack?

[Sounds about right.]
    Last edited by KalShurak; 2012-10-12 at 01:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to UON+Amuria
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, given that by the terms of their treaty this is also a declaration of war on the UK we could just bundle that in.

So, our research is going toward Amat, hopefully with the aim of improving our weapons and drives?

We will use our rather limited esp. We have also isolated where all their Nuclear, Fusion, and Amat weapons and facilities are. For every one on the face of the earth. We suggest that either way we take all of those out first.

We still suggest that we take out their launch capabilities and sell it to Mistral as imposing some sort of penalty to their assaults on space forces.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

TRHI

to UON & Amuria [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

It was our understanding that we will use our technical assets to directly improve our military capabilities. Amat is still to difficult to create and store to be useful for weapons.