New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part III]

Kingdoms come and go, Empires rise and Crumble, life on the material plane goes on.

At least it does, until good gods fall.

Old IC
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part III]

"Well then." the Fool said to no one in particular. "Who wants to discover something new?"
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part III]

Well, Lords on high, you have heard my explanation. You have seen the destruction wrought by one of your own. What have you to say?

4. - Top - End - #4

The Trial

Gwyn shook her head at Nettal, "I say that in your position, I would have done the same. Therefore, I pass no judgement upon you."

She looked to Vargull, "Agreed, but for now let's allow the accused a chance to defend himself."

She looked to Savorla, her daughter, no, she wasn't Savorla's mother, she hadn't done anything to earn that title. "Lady Savorla, could you restore Belsheroth's sight and hearing so that he may give testimony, see his accusers, and hear his sentencing?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Acabre

Graiah is still where his father has called people to gather.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Dragonloft
    Upon noticing the curse was broken, Dralcor went to the mortal plane, frees all of the Drakes souls from Belsheroth, and created a cycle of Life and death for Dragons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 15 + 2 PaP
    -2 Ap - 2PaP Breaking the curses created by Belsheroth on 10-02-2012
    -4 Ap Fabled Concept-The Dragon Cycle- Basically When an Elemental Dragon dies it becomes a Drake, and when a Drake dies it becomes an Elemental Dragon. (I will probably add more to this upon the creation of more Dragons)
    Rem 9 Ap
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueWizardGirl

Tulmany

Tylarch felt power come and go to the gods. The bar on the world was replaced and then lifted. But how long would it be until another selfish, spoiled god blessed the world with being on fire? How long would it be until the next time somebody decides to try and rub out the civilizations of mortals? His path was set. He would gain all the power necessary to fight them.

He went to Garrug. "Would you mind watching the place for a while?"

Rale

Rale (Tresingiis's now named avatar, see last post on page 48 of the previous IC) was suddenly re-connected to Tresingiis, but it was too late. The god still had his telepathy, but it was clearly communications. Rale gained power as an infused false god. He had Power now! Tresingiis did not bother him immediately, so he flew off, over the ocean towards the other continent.

The hunters

They studied Reddulch from stealth for a time. They watched as he created a new device. The most powerful device, however useless. He created a Luckstone. Whoever was in possession of this would have incredibly unlikely events happen with every step, both good and bad. They saw his power sink, as if where he was once great, and now fallen. This was a weakness, they had an opening!

Exaclone: Tresingiis's throne.

Tresingiis was flush with power, after his reflections, he seemed to grow. How he could lay seven plagues or seven blessings upon the land with ease. Or create seven monsters or raise seven deserts. He could even bring seven entirely new ideas to a world. This time, however, he only created a pair of gates with seven edges. One to sit in the basement of the great city sized pyramid, guarded by seven ethereals at a given time, the other to be cast onto the material world, forever linking Exaclone to that place. The gate on the material plane appeared in the desert. When closed, the gate is a thin sheet of glowing blue light, opaque to any viewer. The sheet fits between a thick platinum plated rim with seven sides. When the gates are opened, everything, including light can pass through it from one gate to the other. You can see through to the other side, and pass through it, traveling faster than light, instantly from Exaclone to the Material world and vice versa. Gods could not pass through to the material world, but why would they have to? Imidiately, nothing could open or close it, so Tresingiis put some of his own power into the gate, so that only Tresingiis's power could open or close it, but he could do so at will, himself.

The Lokab Empire

A gate appeared in Tulmany. Tresingiis had not looked into what was there before he sent it. Nobody knew what to make of it at first, for it's purpose was unclear. They set it up in a locked part of the keep, so it would not be a threat to the general public. The gate had not been opened yet. It was probably for the better.

Michael and Sofia: The Goblin Emirates

Some time later, another bird came to Michael from this, "Deserter." It too carried a letter. This one read:

The Lich on the throne will doom us all! We are doomed! Damned! Forsaken! I've learned his plan! He plans to possess a god! He plans to take all our souls! Go to a town just across the border in the Lokab territory. Go to the inn called, "The Gabble's Shine," and ask for a guy named Simon.
    The Deserter

Michael reacts to this, alarmed. "What!? Sofia, news of the liches have arrived." Shortly afterwards, they see the souls of those around them torn and sewn from the actions of gods, a million miles away.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP breakdown: First Tresingiis.
    Starting AP: 2+1
    Rollover: +7
    Create Relic: The gates of Transit -4
    Infuse relic: -2
    Remaining AP: 3+1

Tylarch: 0+2=2
    Reddulch 3+1-4=0
    Rale: 0+2=2

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

8. - Top - End - #8

Garden of the Dead Gods

Aquaeris quietly sighed. "So much to see. I can't believe how much evil I did while I was gone."

He reached into the tree of Kiloasa, pulling out the gem of independence. He stared into it peacefully, seeing his reflection.

"Am I but a reflection of the one who stares at me from another universe? Is he his own person? Am I?"

He turned and whispered to the trees, asking them. They whispered back.

Goblin Emirates

Sofía's eyes narrowed. "A lich possessing a god? I can't let that happen. If we fly, we can get there quickly."

Her wings churned the air, but she waited for Michael to go. She was confused by the souls, but ignored them in her haste.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Halls of Death - The Trial

Isyldar split himself, keeping a shard to watch over the trial. He himself disappeared in a puff of smoke, reappearing in the Void.

The Void

He appeared in the Void not too far from the Mortal Plane, merely hovering, his great wings beating up and down, keeping him in the same space as he thought and expanded upon an idea. His idea slowly came into being as a new plane formed itself in front of him, separate from the others as not to be afflicted by any of the ailments or weaknesses of the Mortal Plane, and that only he or others he approved of, could enter.

He opened his eyes and saw his new plane. It was a great planet of ice and cold, the likes of which had never been seen on the Mortal Plane. And for a race of mortals that were his alone, he created a race of resilient humans, the only difference being they could withstand cold more than any other mortal race and that they had command over fire to warm them, and to rain destruction of their enemies. He named them the Fireweavers, for their power over fire was both great and terrible in the same instant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 8+2PAP.

Weave Plane AP4: The ice planet of Ysolde is slightly further out than the Mortal Plane, hence the ice etc.

Bless AP1: No-one but Isyldar, or people approved by Isyldar, can go to the plane of Ysolde. Relics such as Morgash's Viewpoint can still view the plane, but anyone unapproved by Isyldar can not access the plane, via AP expenditure (unless they remove this Bless) or by physically going there.

Create Life AP1: Isyldar blesses Ysolde with the people known as the Fireweavers, a hardy resilient race of humans who can withstand the cold very well.

Create Fabled Concept AP4: Fireweaving. Exclusive to the Fireweavers unless they decide to teach other races. Can be used for merely heating up homes with controlling the heat in steam, or weaving fire as a net to trap an enemy. Even to an extent, bombs/large-scale weaponry, as long as there are several Fireweavers controlling it, rather than just one.

End AP: 0.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Wigbach's musings...

While Gods bickered and fought Wigbach came back from a delightful conversation. The Tea was pretty good as well. He thought about existence - the god of Apathy, simply participated in simply woolgathering. People always think evil is in action, but evil too does nothing most of the time.

Wigbach thought about the other gods: if you tell a lie long enough, people will think its the truth. And that is how gods begun. Lies spun from their own egos. Why did they think they were gods? Simply because of power? Time? What came before? To the creator he was sure they were like the mortals were to them... the creator too was a mere mortal in another eyes.

And so Wigbach just was... wondering...

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 2 + 2 Rollovers = 10 AP

11. - Top - End - #11

BlueWizardGirl

The Emirates

Michael took haste, "Yeah, let's get to this place, we should stop it. That inn is only a short ways from here."

He took a step back, and jumped forward in the air, his wings taking over, they flew to the outskirts of a small niche called Sailir. You could hardly call it a town, for it was only a few huts and a few shops. 'Main street' would be the only street. There was the inn, "The Gabble's shine," a blacksmith with the crest of the smithing guild of the land, a deteriorating pagoda with a shrine to Tresingiis. There was an empty granary, a couple of shoppes and several desert farmers, trying to grow things.

The Gabble's Shine seemed to be in good condition. From the outside, you could see that it was two stories tall, made out of clay and brick. A contrast to most of the other buildings which where more like shacks and temporary shelters. You could see two chimneys rising from either end of the inn, stables behind the inn, and a stone cellar below the inn.

Michael turned to Sofia when they had arrived. "Should we go in?"

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

The Trail

"If you are truly doing what you thought was best, then I shall forgive you as well. Better connection and communication with other gods would serve us all well, Nettal. With that in mind, I would like to invite you to join my pantheon, should you choose to accept." Kipt was quick to forgive, and besides, the reason for him being there anyways was to make sure nobody passed too much judgement on another god. They had beaten Belsheroth bloody without giving him any defense, and he hoped that this trail would serve as an alternative to the pointless brutality. As for Nettal, if he did join his pantheon, it would give them a chance to understand what it meant to be a god, and hopefully adjust his level of extremity.

Acabare

"Hello, my son," Kipt says warmly. There is something about things going on and doing things that take one's mind off of his depression. "I have fixed our block from the material world, and re-purposed my council to keep things that way. If you are hurt by wrong-doings like this to the material world as much as I am, I would gladly have you join us."

Tulmany

"Not at all," Garrug replied, "I will rule as best I can." It was good to know that Tylarch trusted him as much as he trusted Tylarch. After all, with Tylarch in charge, he had all the power to betray him if he wanted to.

The Hunters

A bolt from the blue, Randon's bolas struck Reddulch. They hit true, binding his arms to his waist, and making him unable to cast spells. He rose fast, and took him unawares again with another bolas to the legs. Moving in, he struck him across the head with his club. "This is for the mirage empire!" he cries.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Halls of the Dead]

"The curses will be suppressed for the duration of the trial,"
    Savorla answers, not quite masking the pain she feels at the lack of acknowledgement as her daughter from Gwyn. Certainly, she hasn't been perfect, but she's hardly been entirely without worth, either... "They are, however, a personal matter, and thus will most likely be reinstated at its completion, regardless of the decision."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

The Halls of the Dead

Ombra was quiet. Shielding the mortal world was a good call. He deliberately did not say Nettal was forgiven.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #15

BlueWizardGirl

Tulmany

Tylarch was relieved that he could leave to pursue his next goal. "Thank you, I'm going to get the tools that would let me accomplish our mission." He was then busy, doing tasks without resting, where mortals would have not found the time for such training, nor the energy.

And so it seemed, Liches might take a much greater role in a place where peoples souls are bound to their bodies, no matter how dead they might be. For they could still be snatched off by liches, and bound to service. He went from town to town, seeking out those who where still loyal to a god other than, "The Returned," and snatched them up, their souls right off of where he stitched them. Tylarch grew his numbers of bound souls by hundreds in this inquisition.

Then it was study. He denied himself all of those souls and forced spells with raw willpower. He learned a new way of magic, how to do basic sorcery without bound souls. He then re-allowed himself his souls, and found his powers amplified. He was determined to learn how every spell, 'worked,' So he sought out books on glyphs and runes, and looked up how the energies combine themselves to form such powers. He wanted to know everything there was to know about the magics gods wielded, and spent hours long at study.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Long story short, he will be busy on a training montage for a while.

The hunters

Reddulch was bound, he was defeated, his powers struck down. He lost all the power he had, and was physically bound, "You dare claim your name for Mirage!?" But then came the club, and he stuttered. "Wha-a... But I. . . Can't. . . Die? . . ." He was nearly knocked out, and certainly dizzy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reddulch demoted from false sparkhood

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Acabare

"Hello, my son," Kipt says warmly. There is something about things going on and doing things that take one's mind off of his depression. "I have fixed our block from the material world, and re-purposed my council to keep things that way. If you are hurt by wrong-doings like this to the material world as much as I am, I would gladly have you join us."
    Acabre

"I love life, I love to feel life, and I love to create life. I wish to be able to help Life spread. I will of course, join you, Father."

Spoiler
    Show
    ap: 3=4-1(join pantheon)

The World at Large

The spores of the Greensea Forest continued to float through the atmosphere of the world, permeating the whole surface. Few things were actually good hosts for them, and so few did much more than lie as microscopic dormant specks. However, the spores would occasionally bond to a plant with just the perfect parameters, and the infusion of the Green Energy so directly into its being would prosper it.

The second living thing to successfully bond to the spores were hermit crabs. When the hermit crabs eat something that was covered in spores that had not yet gone completely dormant, they ingested the Green Life directly. Most of the times, this just gave them a particularly filling meal. However, those who ate of the spores frequently might develop a tolerance to them. With enough spores devoured, there arose a chance that one would pass through undigested into their waste tract. When that happened, the spore would find itself surrounded by a wealth of nutrients and would grow, quickly multiplying and filling the gut of the crab. It would infuse its host with the Green Life directly, and in exchange the host fed it a steady diet of raw nutrients.

As this symbiosis continues to grow, so does the size of the host. The hermit crab eventually grows so large and its abdomen so bloated that it cannot fit into a shell anymore, and it crawls out for the last time. The spores, by this point changed into a fungus, begin to grow a protective cap around its host. The two will continue to grow in size for almost 40 years until the legs of the crab can no longer support the weight of the massive crab body and the fungus cap, which can easily reach 4' across. At that time, the crab will gorge itself and die. The spore cap will swell up and release new spores in an explosive cloud for the next generation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the charge on Life's Eye to create a new strain of life: the Sporecycle Crabs

they're coastal amphibious hermit crabs of unusual size who trade in their shells for a mushroom cap that feeds and protects them.

a hermit crab with a steady diet of spores

one with an active culture of spores can grow quite large.

it continues to grow large enough that it's not practical to find a shell large enough, and the fungus begins to sprout and grow over to protect it.

the full adult stage, where it will grow from 1' across to nearly 4' before its weight can no longer be supported by its frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

17. - Top - End - #17

Michael and Sofía: Lokab Border

Sofía nodded, but added an opinion.

"Let's be careful, though; liches, of they oppose us, are very tricky, and they might have tried to assassinate us by leading us into a trap."

She waits for Michael to respond to enter the building.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Ysolde

It all started with a crying baby being born, her mother passing away from the strain, her father abandoning her since news of the pregnancy hit. The girl was brought up in a small village next to an icy lake. As she grew up, she rebelled against everyone she knew, for she had no parents, unlike the other children who constantly teased her for that fact. She grew up strong, but she had life goals of her own.

Our story starts with the now-teenage girl on the brink of puberty with the name of Yvir, working in the local general store.
    "Yvir, hurry up and got those goods to the customer! We need to keep on top of our work, so stop daydreaming!" said the shopkeeper gruffly.
    "Yes, sir. I'll get right on to it" said Yvir, muttering curses under her breath. As she was about to give the goods to the customer at the counter, her anger started to bubble up inside of her. Suddenly, a burst of fire flew out of her fingertips, charring the counter. The shop keeper gasped. "Yvir, you can fireweave?!" he shouted, jumping back as his counter started to smoke slightly.
    "I I I, I didn't even know I could!" yelled Yvir, panicking, which sent several more bursts of fire into the counter as it burst into flames.
    The shopkeeper rushed out onto the street, yelling for a Fireweaver to come help Yvir control her powers, before she set fire to the entire village.

Meanwhile, the Fireweavers of the village were doing a ritual in the centre of the village when the general store erupted into flames. The fire was over six feet in the high, obviously a Fireweaver gone rogue.
    "We must save them!" shouted the head Fireweaver who started to push and pull at the flames, as did the other fireweavers, slowly calming the flames, and extinguishing Yvir's inner fire temporarily, so she did not harm anyone else in her moment of panic, which also caused her to fall unconscious.
    "Take her to the temple for she is merely a girl, we need to watch over her and train her. She's obviously a very powerful Fireweaver innately. Imagine how she would be when she's trained?" said the head Fireweaver triumphantly. They all lifted her up, and carried her into the temple, giving her her own room, but kept a few Fireweavers watching over her. Just in-case anything went wrong and she panicked upon her awakening.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

19. - Top - End - #19

BlueWizardGirl

Teras
    Spoiler
    Show
    Introducing Mynxae's Virus character for this quest. Quoted backstory from PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae
    Name: Teras.
    Backstory: Fled Veran when the ash started falling from the sky from the volcano, went to Freeport to start a new life for himself. Has become a well-known trader amongst the people of Freeport, to the extent that he has both friends and enemies. Was there when the immortal thing happened, so yes, he is immortal.
    Teras was on his way to one of Freeport's vendors to trade a valued good when a stranger in a dark cloak approached him. He was wearing a hat that came down over his eyes when he tilted his head forwards. He said nothing, but handed Teras a folded up piece of paper. When Teras unwraps it, it reads;

Teras of Freeport, I hear you left your home when the volcano went up all those years ago. I'll cut to the chase, rather, I need your help. I will pay you a grand reward when my task is completed. If you are interested, pack supplies for a journey and come to the stable at the edge of town at dusk tomorrow.
    The Deserter

The cloaked man nodded and walked away without speaking a word.

Michael and Sofia
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are other characters I would like to get to the inn before Michael and Sofia, so there will be a delay while I incorperate them into the game.

Tresingiis

Spoiler
    Show
    Just because I think I have to, I'll drop 2 AP for the society following the Deserter. Leaving me with 1+1
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-10-07 at 08:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    Teras of Freeport, I hear you left your home when the volcano went up all those years ago. I'll cut to the chase, rather, I need your help. I will pay you a grand reward when my task is completed. If you are interested, pack supplies for a journey and come to the stable at the edge of town at dusk tomorrow.
    The Deserter

The cloaked man nodded and walked away without speaking a word.
    Freeport

Teras glanced at the cloaked man walking away, a grin on his face as he reread the note. "A grand reward eh? Sounds like my kind of thing" he mused. He decided to go along with this, if only for the reward, for he was a greedy man. But not to the point of idiocy. So he made sure to strap his sword to the belt on his waist, and hid a dagger in his boot, for when he packed for the journey. He gathered up his coin from around the room, searching every nook and cranny with his magic to make sure he didn't miss anything. He also went to the general store and bought a week's worth of supplies, including food, horse feed and items for camping. He spent a restless night in his bed, tossing and turning, his dreams haunted by an ominous voice or by the clinking of coins.

He woke up the next day, went about his trade and sold as much of his wares as he could, even selling them for a mere fraction of their worth so he could travel light for his journey. "It sounds like I'll make quite a profit on this journey, so it won't matter" thought Teras thoughtfully.

As the day slowly came to a close, he rushed off after selling most of his wares. Sadly he couldn't sell them all, but some of the leftovers could come in handy. He chuckled and wandered off to the inn, gathering his supplies for his journey, rushing about and using his magic to help him speed about.

His supplies gathered, and his horse saddled and ready to go with a small cart tethered to it behind it with his supplies in it, he awaited the mysterious stranger at the stable at the edge of town.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth's sight and hearing flooded back to him and he was able to gaze upon the assembled Gods. Despite being chained to the floor such that the chains pulled on his muscles in numerous uncomfortable and painful ways, he smiled, the light of the flames catching on his teeth.
    Your Father would be proud Gwyn. You have every right to try your hardest to kill me at this time, but you instead grant me a fair trial. Though admittedly, the conclusion is already known to us all. You'll sentence me to be blinded and chained in torment for an Eternity, either here or cast into the Deepest Pits of Hell or the Farthest Reaches of the Void or some other suitable locale. And I'll escape as some eldritch horror bent on revenge and destroy all creation according to some prophecy about the Sun going red.
    He stood, the chains of darkness digging into his flesh, blood flowing down them onto the floor.
    But we all know that that won't happen. It's too contrived. And besides, this trial only happens at my sufferance. But by all means, continue.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

The Halls of Death

"It's cute that you think you have a say in this Belsheroth." the Fool said merrily.

I guess I'll just keep what is new to myself then.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Garden of the Dead Gods

Aquaeris felt the destruction of the Starlit Reaper's curse, and he knew it was too late to avoid hostility between the gods. Still, he could try.

He pressed a palm against the tree of Kiloasa. "I'll make you proud, father."

Then he melted away, a faint two-colored glow melting after him.

Halls of Death

Aquaeris was there. Not with any flashy entrance, or melting in with ghostly mists (more his style anyway), just appearing in a place somewhat away from the rest of the gods. He spoke. His voice was soft, yet it spread, echoing on the walls and floor.

"I hope I am not unwelcome here. If it is alright with you, may I speak?"

He did not direct his question to any one god, instead looking at the floor, his cloak shadowing his two-colored eyes and hiding them from view.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth's sight and hearing flooded back to him and he was able to gaze upon the assembled Gods. Despite being chained to the floor such that the chains pulled on his muscles in numerous uncomfortable and painful ways, he smiled, the light of the flames catching on his teeth.
    Your Father would be proud Gwyn. You have every right to try your hardest to kill me at this time, but you instead grant me a fair trial. Though admittedly, the conclusion is already known to us all. You'll sentence me to be blinded and chained in torment for an Eternity, either here or cast into the Deepest Pits of Hell or the Farthest Reaches of the Void or some other suitable locale. And I'll escape as some eldritch horror bent on revenge and destroy all creation according to some prophecy about the Sun going red.
    He stood, the chains of darkness digging into his flesh, blood flowing down them onto the floor.
    But we all know that that won't happen. It's too contrived. And besides, this trial only happens at my sufferance. But by all means, continue.
    I think we've all seen what your sufferance is good for, Belsheroth. You are, truly, the god of death. Nettal's thoughts echoed to all the gods present.

25. - Top - End - #25

The Hunters

Randon stands over Reddulch, and looks at Drestin skeptically. "He thinks he can't die." The comment was sarcastic. "I think we need to show him otherwise. Maybe we starve him to death, wouldn't that be justice?"

Hazen Keep

Geodrick had yet more success on his campaign against the war-torn Hazen. He had made it as far as Hazen keep, and camped his army just north. He instructed them to attack upon his signal; he had a plan for his siege.

Over the course of his campaign Geodrick felt a power growing within him. Now, he expended it to create a force for himself to use. This power manifested itself in the form of a greataxe, and was intended to grant it's wielder extra powers for transforming provided they had a foundation in some sort of transformation-based magic. Geodrick was the best in the world at shifting druidism, so it granted him outrageous abilities. The axe was also designed to morph with the wielder.

Geodrick turns into a three-headed dragon by turning into a dragon and "gluing" two more necks on it with his artifact power, and starts razing the keep. Having two additional heads does not produce more fire, but does distribute it to a wider space. With most of the keep being stone, and fire being hot enough to burn any flammable it touched, the distribution was most effective. Residential manses burned, and soldiers who rallied were cooked in their armor.

Finally, he landed on the central building, and faced the soldiers. Most of them got the claws, or the bite. One princeling came at him, and managed to take one head off before being flung from the walls by a tale slap. He sure packed a punch, thought Geodrick, I wonder if he was anyone important.

Seeing all of his won blood flow from the decapitated head, and feeling dizzy, Geodrick thought it best to change form again. To anyone looking, the dragon vanished entirely. In reality, Geodrick assumed the form of a single-celled airborne organism, and flew into the castle. Inside the throne room, king Endar was barking orders, and sounding very upset. "Who could think to defy me as much as this runt? I'm my own god, and im sti-" Seemingly from nowhere, the fat king's head rolled off of his shoulders and to the floor. Geodrick's greataxe had struck true. Kicking the body aside, the arch-druid sat in the throne, and proclaimed, "Well, I'm king now, and anyone who says otherwise will meet the same fate as he did. Are there any questions?"

Tulmany

Timmon and his party had been locked up under Tulmany for several days now, and Timmon was getting tired of it. I wish there was a way out, he thought. He went over in his head all of the clever things he could say to the guards to get them to let him out, and without knowing it he granted his wish. Timmon spends 1 AP on curse to make the guards extremely gullible.

He noticed it first when they delivered his breakfast, and he sarcastically told them that they should really give prisoners sugar in their porridge-paste. "You're right, we should." They then promptly left to go see if their supervisor would give them sugar. "Wait! Come back, I still haven't gotten my breakfast!" Timmon called. "No," they replied, "we need to put sugar in the mix first." After that, he knew his best chance was today, and spends another to make himself better at lying.

When they returned, Timmon convinced them that it was the gaoler's job to give them breakfast. He figured that they had probably convinced him such, because the gaoler came, and the sound of keys rattling around had never sounded sweeter. "Are those the keys to the cell in your pocket?" Timmon asked rhetorically. "Why yes, what of them?" "Did you know that they are supposed to go on the inside of the cell for safekeeping? Think about it- why would they let one person have all the keys? It makes much more sense to divide them between the prisoners." "Oh my goodness! You're right!" he exclaimed, then looked anxious. "I can't believe I've been doing my job wrong all this time. Please don't tell my supervisor, or it'll be the end of me." "Just give me the keys, and it will all be alright. Our little secret." Timmon replied calmly. "Thanks so much," the gaoler says as he handed over the keys.

After breakfast was finally served without sugar, there was a sufficient lull in the day. None of the guards were likely to come down to check on them, so he took this opportunity to let him and his friends out. There would of course be two guards standing post at the exit. Being in the goblin-sized cell area, he could not find the creatum who had served as their guide. That was unfortunate; that an innocent man should be confined to prison. So he uses his AP again to ensure that the creatum would get out eventually.

Lokab Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because that part was long enough to get the point across.
    The rest of getting out of Tulmany was child's play; he blessed them with being able to find good steeds. He even managed to get a good amount of equipment off of the guards. They initially got as far away from Tulmany as they could, but later decided that it was Freeport that they were bound for.

In his convoy are him, a young woman he had brought to entertain him, well-established trader like himself that he liked to keep around, a goblin warrior-chick that he told he brought along for protection, and a teen who claimed to be his son that he brought mainly to carry stuff. Timmon shared his nights with Blythe, a pretty young halfling with thick black hair that he saw no use for outside of love making. He had been with Taylor- the trader girl he had brought along before- but it had only been one time, and she had moved on. Salsalace, the goblin warrior that had joined them was fierce, and was very fit of body. Timmon kept her on her toes with odd requests for her job, and remarks. She was someone who he thought he might come to make love with in the future if the circumstances were right. Aston, his might-be-son was fun to pick on, and his dedication to Timmon was such that he didn't have to worry about giving him the short end of every deal. He thought that because the boy had not left him yet, he surely had no other place to go. They traveled on camels, and wore garments to cover their skin from the sand by day and the cold by night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Geodrick AP 4
    Craft artifact -4 (see description above)
    Leaving me 0 AP

Spoiler
    Show
    Timmon AP 4
    Curse, Gullibility: -1
    Bless, Guile, himself: -1
    Bless, Creatum fate: -1
    Bless, steeds in the right place: -1
    Leaving me 0 AP
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-11-05 at 05:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Halls of Death

Morgash gazed at Belsheroth, his mind ticking away like clockwork, thinking. The flesh that had been returning to his skeletal form had stopped now, his body that of a dessicated corpse, that of a Lich. The Lich God let out a telepathic sigh, his robes finishing their repairs, looking almost as good as the day they were made. "I think... that the time of the Elder gods has passed." he said, speaking loud enough for everyone present to hear, even those that Morgash was not aware of. Morgash gazed at Belsheroth, his eyes full of sorrow. "Forgive me Uncle, for what I have done... but you gave me no choice."

27. - Top - End - #27

Razorpine Forest

The battle was lost. The Woden began to evacuate with the help of the Lloyas, taking all the animals they could. When the homes of the Lloyas stopped being able to sustain the numbers that the animals and Woden came in, the council decided to shuttle them along to the moon. With the help of druidism, the barren atmosphere became sustainable. The rangers approached the situation differently, constructing domes and basic mechanics to trap the air, and livable environment. All in all, the evacuation was a success, but many were still distressed by the devastation brought to their home, and the pressures of living in a new land.

Back in the Razorpine, the lumber spirits uprooted all the trees. For a time, the settlers lived happily, until the lumber spirits turned on them with nothing else to eat. The Kriegmensch were forced to return to their home in The Valley of the Hearth, where they faded into obscurity. With nothing left to devour, the lumber spirits started picking off each other until the last once starved, leaving the Razorpine a desolate wasteland.

As for Eom, after his defeat against the lumber spirits, he swore never to fight again. With atheism pressing the Kriegmensch, they forgot about Eroberung completely. Rivra became a Dreamwalker Druid, and was able to contact Eom again after long years apart. She decided eventually to go and live with his people, forsaking her own. They lived happily ever after in a forgotten land called The Valley of the Hearth.

Monte Mora

Jewel returned to Monte Mora on her hippogriff, Sam, and sought out Jib immediately.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Morgash turned to Nettal, and bowed to him, not a ceremonious bow, but a kneeling bow. The God of Undeath sent out a telepathic message. "Nettal, your explanation is accepted, and approved... I at least, will not seek recompense, nor an apology, for your acts. But may I ask that my power be let into the material world once more? My agents are few, and I must notify them of my wishes."

Standing once more, Morgash stepped into the shadows. "I apologize, to all of you, for what I have been doing... my mind has been clouded by madness. After this trial, I shall step down as ruler of the Circle, and order the Voidspawn to stand down."

The Northern Kingdoms, Drath

Drath had journeyed far, once he felt the divine barrier go up, he knew that he had an opportunity to establish himself. Thus, he traveled north. Far into the icy wastes he went, along the eastern coast. He eventually found a small peninsula, with a lone mountain on it, and pine trees for miles around. Drath stopped here, and built a Spire with his magic. A large structure jutting out of the side of the Mountain, it was a jagged structure, with many spikes and chains hanging from it's sides. Upon the top sat five enormous spikes, reaching to the skies. It was there that Drath surveyed the land around him.

He was dissapointed with what he saw, miles of uninhabitted forest, and beyond that, nearly endless tundra. Drath set about conjuring animated statues, Golems, to defend his spire with. Large, muscle bound figures of rock, the Sentinels towered at seven feet tall, and wielded weapons that were melded with their forms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover 0 AP + 4 AP = 4 AP

Drath - False Spark
    2 Rollovers - 1 AP - 1 AP = 0 AP
    1 AP Alter Land - Torael Peninsula - A mountain and small pine forest surrounding it, about a quarter of the way up the eastern coast of the Northern Kingdoms. The location of Drath's Tower
    1 AP Create Life - Sentinels - Magical Automotons that can be created by almost any kind of spellcaster, from almost anything. They are near mindless, and require orders from their creator or someone with a control talisman. They are slightly stronger than the average ice-kin, and are resilient to varying degrees, depending on the material they are made out of. The Sentinels in Drath's Tower are made from Solid Limestone.

29. - Top - End - #29

BlueWizardGirl

Freeport

When dusk came, Teras was approached by a goblin carrying the reigns of a steed. The horse was easily big enough to carry Teras and his gear. The goblin was dressed in an attire that would have come from a farm. When he came near, the goblin pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and cleared his throat. The goblin proceeded to read it aloud, but it where not his own words;

"I'm glad to see you are willing to help me with this task, so I will bring to your attention the real reason you have been called, unobstructed, as well as reveal the next step. There is a lich in the desert north of here who has taken over the Mirage Empire in Lokab's name. It's not just that, but he has wild ambitions. He aims to posses a god, and bring down upon this realm a terrible change. You will join up with others like you, and fight this evil in time, but first, you must take this horse and ride to a niche to the northeast. You will find an inn, The Gabble's Shine. There, you will meet Simon. He is my personal aid, and my most trusted contact.

The Deserter
    "

The goblin coughed, and took in a breath. "That's what it says, the horse has already been paid for, think of it as a gift. It's yours as far as I am concerned. Good luck."

Somewhere amongst the shifting sands
    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure
    Gwen Antur has always had a fascination with knowledge. As a child she travelled with her father all over the globe seeking out ancient footholds of civilization and tracking down the lost locations of history. When Gwen was fourteen her father disappeared searching an ancient castle in the north of the Calsanctium empire. A castle which has since vanished completely. Fifteen years later Gwen has scoured the globe for the answer to her father's mysterious disappearance.

Gwen is a skilled fighter, a talented illusionist, and skillfully paranoid enough to know when to run.
    Gwen had been traveling in the eastern desert already, and was looking for a place to stay the night. The desert's heat was getting to her, and she hadn't had anything to drink all day. She trailing along a dry riverbed for a ways, before smoke caught her sight. What luck! A house with a fireplace, likely with dinner cooking. As she staggered up a rather loose dune of sand, she found footing on a more stable ground. She could smell the stew cooking as she got close. The aroma of salty beef and diced carrots filled her nostrils, as the broth that would end her thirst filled her mind. She knocked on the door, and was answered by an elderly goblin woman, who was more than happy to help a hungry wanderer. She couldn't eat it all herself, after all!

After Gwen had filled up on the soup, the lady asked for her name. When she heard that this was Gwen, she gasped. "Why, someone told me you would be here, that's why I had cooked such a meal. This is for you.", She said as she walked to a cupboard and dug around for something. It was a letter, and it was labeled with Gwen's name. When she handed it to Gwen, she seemed eager to hear what it said, as she would not open someone else's mail. When Gwen read it, this is what was written.

Dear Gwen, I'm aware of your prowess in combat. Your father was a good man. Calisancti has grown cold and the desert has grown scary in these times. Even now, there is a lich out there who would bring about the end of us all. I need your help to overcome this lich, and if we prevail, I will delegate my vast resources towards helping you find your father's fate. In the interim, you should come to The Gabble's Shine inn, in a hamlet south of where you are now. All you need do to find it is continue following the riverbed you have walked. Once you get there, seek a man named Simon, he will help provide a basis for our organized efforts.

The Deserter

The woman asked Gwen, "What does it say?"

Timmon The Clever
    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger
    Timmon "The Clever" is both a hero, and a false spark. He is a smooth-talking halfling merchant who made loads of money selling goods in foreign locations (the business principle being that things are worth more the further away they are because there is more demand there). Young and attractive, he is really kind of a player when it comes to women. Timmon is really a good person, he can just be a total tool sometimes.

Here is the original description I gave to his entourage. It is also copied in my latest post.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In his convoy are him, a young woman he had brought to entertain him, well-established trader like himself that he liked to keep around, a goblin warrior-chick that he told he brought along for protection, and a teen who claimed to be his son that he brought mainly to carry stuff. Timmon shared his nights with Blythe, a pretty young halfling with thick black hair that he saw no use for outside of love making. He had been with Taylor- the trader girl he had brought along before- but it had only been one time, and she had moved on. Salsalace, the goblin warrior that had joined them was fierce, and was very fit of body. Timmon kept her on her toes with odd requests for her job, and remarks. She was someone who he thought he might come to make love with in the future if the circumstances were right. Aston, his might-be-son was fun to pick on, and his dedication to Timmon was such that he didn't have to worry about giving him the short end of every deal. He thought that because the boy had not left him yet, he surely had no other place to go. They traveled on camels, and wore garments to cover their skin from the sand by day and the cold by night.

In short, Blythe is a ditsy slut, Taylor has intelligence on par with Timmon, Salsalace is an attractive warrior who Timmon enjoys making feel uncomfortable, and Aston is a bastard son of Timmon's who he bullies.
    Overhead, while they moved towards Freeport, a bird spotted them. It landed, and dropped a note near to Timmon. It read:

Congratulations, I applaud you. Not everyone can put up that kind of show to the guards. I'll cut to the chase. You know what this lich is capable of, what evils, what ambitions he holds. You know it is imperative that he should be stopped. I implore you to change course, and come and see me. If you can sneak into Shreddokk, come to the old town hall, and one of mine will spot you, and bring your group into our home.

The Deserter

Monte Mora

When Jewel arrived, Jib was rejoiced to see her. He ran to her, and was quick to speak. "Jewel! It's great to see you again. What happened to you? You seem shaken."

The Hunters

Drestin was examining Reddulch when Randon spoke. He was quick to offer his two cents. "Everything dies, even the gods. We'll find a way, however painful, to accomplish the same end." He seemed shaken to apprehend his former superior. "Why! Why couldn't you not be such a waste? Such a failure!"

You. . . Lose yourself, Drestin. He chuckled, for he knew he was at his end. "May you never forget who you made you who you are."

I haven't, and that is why we must end it. Rather than good versus evil, your actions mean that evil can only be opposed by another evil. You have soiled your name, The Mirage Empire's name, even Tresingiis' name! You're a disgrace! He turned to Randon. "What shall we do with him?"

Tylarch

Tylarch continued to search book after book, but then he found something. "The Manual of Divine Matters." He studied it, for it seemed to supply the origin of the gods's differences from mortals. As a lich, he rejected it, but as an avenger, he must understand its consequence. It said that a god could only be controlled or dominated if it submit. He decided how he would put this to use. He fashioned several parts to a suit of armor into an array. He bought chains, and a case, and began to work.

Rale

Rale flew over the oceans and now into the desert, horrified at what he could see. In turn, Tresingiis too knew of the force that betook the people. He shook his head, disappointed. He had Rale double back, to fly to an undetermined place in the desert.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth responded an equal level of merriment.
    "Of course I have a say in this dear Brother. I could shatter these chains and take refuge within the Forests of Starlight. It's not hard to do."
    He looked straight through Reisen's eyes, almost looking into the mind behind them.
    You're hiding something from me. Something you hinted at when I couldn't hear you...
    Beside Belsheroth, a glass table appeared with a bowl of punch atop it and several glasses. He poured some into a glass for himself, blood from an open wound across the back of his hand dripping onto the table and hissing as it came into contact with the beverage.
    "Punch anyone? But not you Nettal."
    He sent a silent message to Nettal alone.
    And you had best remember what I am...
    He turned to face Morgash, the chains digging into his shoulder and across his back.
    "For what you have done? Raised an army against me and invaded my dominion and sought to interfere with my purpose while simultaneously declaring everything I have done to be pointless while tolerating the crimes of liches everywhere?
    "Of course I gave you no choice. All your actions were your own."

He sipped his punch.
    "You are forgiven. But do not concern yourself with Nettal. The barrier has already been removed by Kipt."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-08 at 10:11 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!