New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: They All Uprose (Dark Heresy IC)

"Finally." Joss rasped. He was looking forward to breathing real, fresh air again, not the stale, recycled stuff that passed for air aboard the ships and stations they'd been on.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

The nearest shuttle bay wasn't hard to find - the difficult part would be in securing a shuttle. There were a number currently docked, attended by ranks of blank-faced servitors. Klybo did not have a huge amount of call for shuttles, mostly they were for transferring supplies up to Navy ships, in for refuelling and restocking.

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so, how do you plan on getting a shuttle to take you to the planet? Give me a plan, and I'll tell you what test, if you need a test, should be rolled.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe cast his gaze over the ranks of servitors populating the shuttle bay, and briefly considered the trick Mouse had done to re-programme one.
    No, leading with that would be too risky.

Gabe scanned the bay, and looked for any pilots milling about, failing that, he advanced on a senior officer, adopting his best "Angry Minor Functionary" expression.

"Are you my ride down to the surface? This run-around I'm getting is quickly becoming infuriating. The Adept on loan to me apparently, had better thing to do than his job. I got him replaced, but my problems still stand"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

The deck officer Gabe had picked stared blearily at him through tired eyes. Seemed he was nearing the end of his shift, and didn't have time to deal with this sort of thing.

"Not my job to fly the shuttles," he told Gabe. "You're going to the surface? Fine." Casting about, he caught the eye of one pilot who was a little too slow to look like he was busy with something else.

"Olin! This one says he's headed planetside. Find him a ride."

For the pilot, that was easy enough, and it wasn't long before the small group of acolytes was headed towards Klybo itself. The station, and then the moon, diminished behind them, their shuttle's engines silently rattling the hull as they drew further away from the only real civilisation in the system. Klybo loomed up ahead, all beige whorls without a speck of blue ocean anywhere. Here and there the surface darkened, spotted with tall rocks or craggy mesas.

Olin, their pilot, wasn't nearly as talkative as the one who had brought them to the station in the first place. He plugged the coordinates they gave him into the shuttle's computer, sullenly guiding the little craft through the atmosphere. Outside, through armourglass viewports, they could see the terrain rushing by. Then, on the horizon, the distant glint of metal flashed across their view, distinctly different from the tan sands. There was no smoke from the crashed shuttle, but that would have stopped rising days ago. From the air, the crash site seemed deserted. The wind was blowing strong, whipping sand across the exterior of the shuttle. Olin set them down a short distance away from the crash, opening up the shuttle's doors with the flick of a lever.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Everything happens far too quickly for Novus's fragile nerves; he sees their slim measure of safety slip away (not that he liked the station, but still, it beat this hellish wasteland) before he feels like he can blink, and by the time their shuttle lands, he's visibly on the edge of a nervous breakdown. The only reason he doesn't go fleeing screaming into the desert is the idea of Solomon stuffing him in a storage locker to keep him quiet.

"We can call you when we need a ride back, right?" he asks the pilot desperately. "Right? You won't just leave us here? Right?"
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon stepped out of the shuttle, taking a moment to enjoy the feel of the wind on his leather coat. He could only tolerate being indoors for so long; a grey-walled, windowless station was no place to live. Even this wasteland was infinitely better if it meant having a sky above your head. The bounty hunter distributed lho-sticks to any of his comrades who wanted one, then put one between his lips, lit it and inhaled slowly.

"So. Is that a survivable crash, you think?" he asked no one in particular, his eyes on the crashed shuttle. His autogun was slung over his shoulder and fully loaded, ready to be fired at a moment's notice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss refused the offer of a Lho-stick, trying to hide his disgust, not so much with the habit, but simply with the smoke. He was careful to stay upwind or Solomon.

"Let's find out if anyone walked away." Joss suggests, stepping out of the shuttle. He pulls up his hood, blocking out the worst of the stinging wind and burning sun. The assassin starts out across the sand towards the downed shuttle. His cat-like eyes scanned the area for distinctive landmarks, and noted the position of any mountains on the horizon, so he could find his way back to this spot later, if needed.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Klybo's surface, near here at least, was dotted with towering rock formations. Finding the crash again would be easy enough, provided they kept the formations in sight as a reference point. The stone and wind-blown sand, however, did not hold tracks especially well. The shuttle had carved a furrow when it hit, smaller gouges further away marking the bounces it had made before coming to a complete stop. The shuttle was heavily damaged, one of the engines reduced to a shredded mess of scorched metal, but the hull was in one piece.

Their pilot shrugged as they walked away, looking between the crash site and Novus. "Call the station when you want a lift back up. Can't promise it'll be me that comes for you, but someone will be along. Oh, and here.." reaching into a compartment in the shuttle wall, Olin tossed Novus a tin. From the way it sloshed, it had water inside. "That'll keep you alive out here. At least for long enough that someone can get to you."

Vanishing back inside, Olin shut the hatch behind them, their shuttle's engines powering up. For the second time, they were being left behind in an inhospitable location. Only this time, they had fewer options of where to go. The crash was the logical place to start, and Joss was already well on the way there.

Close up, their view of the downed shuttle was better. The hull was covered in tiny scratches, all the hatches yawning wide open. The inside was dark, and looked hot - heat shimmered around the openings, caught in the light shining down from above. It would get cold as soon as the sun went away though, Joss well knew.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #249

Lizardfolk

Novus hugs the container to his chest like a teddy bear, feeling like it isn't nearly enough. This job can't end too quickly for his liking. Thus, out of necessity, he hurries after the others. When he gets near the ship, he nervously looks around for landmarks in the area. Maybe someone's still watching the wreckage; his paranoia automatically searches for good vantage points.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Perception roll, I assume.

(1d100)[23] out of 36.

~ Sophistemon

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss pulled his crossbow pistol from its holster and readied a shot in case someone, or something, ambushed them from inside the crashed shuttle. Foregoing subtlety, the assassin used his free hand to bang on the bulkhead. "Anyone home?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d100)[18] I presume
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

There was no answer beyond the wind when Joss banged on the shuttle, and Novus could see nobody perched on the nearby rocks. Though of course, that didn't mean they weren't there. Klybo was very open, and with a set of magnoculars it could be possible to see for miles. The top of the mesa, suddenly, felt very exposed.

Peering into the gloom, Joss' catlike eyes adjusted easily to the darkened interior of the shuttle. It was nearly empty, the floor littered with whatever had been left behind when the former occupants fled the crash. From the looks of things, it was mostly small items that they hadn't thought to take, or hadn't had time to pick up. An Imperial laspistol, strikingly similar in design to the one held by the merchant up on the moon, lay amidst other, less useful, debris. A handful of emergency ration tins, their contents missing, were roughly jumbled by one wall. Scorch marks on the walls marked where fires had been, but nothing was burning now. Against the far bulkhead, the warrior thought he could see a body, slumped over amidst torn crash webbing. It looked augmented, the dull sheen of metal covering what should have been skin in a handful of locations.

There were, oddly, a couple of large voids in the debris on the floor, where large objects had been removed. The shuttle's hold was big enough for a small truck, but the rear hatch had been bent in and jammed by the crash. Whatever had been inside was small enough to fit through the side doors. The door inside, the one that led to the cockpit, was shut, as was the door on the side opposite their group.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe reached down and statched up the laspistol, quickly stowing it amongst the folds of his robe.
    "We're not the first ones here, I see." he mused loud to nobody in particular.
    He was painfully out of his element here, with the wind and the bust and not being able to see the - no, there was no ceiling. It was always a task to remind himself of that.

Gabe moved to the cockpit, scimitar out of its scabbard, and quickly yanked the hatch open.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss kicked at the ashes, trying to guess how old the fires were. When Gabe approached the door, the Assassin stacked up behind him, though he did not expect anyone to be on the other side. Surely someone who had been hoping for a rescue would have come out when their own shuttle had landed? But someone had survived for a time here, that much was certain.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

The body was slumped against the hull, near the cockpit. As he walked closer, Gabe got a better view of it - it wasn't a human. Not anymore, anyways. The servitor's right arm had been cut away, replaced with a heavy shotgun. Its augmetic legs hand been torn loose in the crash, which explained why it was still here. It looked like it had taken a few lasbolts in the not so distant past, too.

The cockpit door was unlocked, opening with the creaking of stressed metal. Inside the cockpit looked a lot better than the hold did. The instruments were all still there, for the most part, some having been damaged when the shuttle went down. The metal box that held the shuttle's emergency medical supplies was open and empty, straps dangling out the bottom. The other compartments in the small space looked like they'd been pretty thoroughly looted, as well.

++W/w/w/arning/ing++

The servitor's vox grill crackled to life, its voice skipping and garbled. Something they had done must have awoken it, even damaged as it was.

++Host/t/t/t/iles detec/detected++

It lurched upright, holding itself up with its undamaged arm. The shotgun tracked towards them. This close up...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon's suspicious gaze had never left the servitor since he had first seen it, right after stepping into the shuttle. He was hardly surprised when it began showing signs of hostility.

"I'm fµckin' sick of these things," he growled, pointing his autogun at his target with practiced ease.

He pulled the trigger three times in quick succession, his gun's silencer thankfully muffling the noise of gunfire in this enclosed space.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drawing my weapon as a free action thanks to Quick Draw. Semi-automatic fire, 3 bullets.

Target 49: (d100)[33]
    Damage:
    (d10+3)[5]
    (d10+3)[4]
    (d10+3)[6]

Edit: Looks like the gun is in paintball mode.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-03-14 at 09:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss whirled when the servitor suddenly sprang to life. He raised the crossbow pistol already in his hand and took careful aim before pulling the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[24]

~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #257

Lizardfolk

For once, Novus wasn't expecting trouble inside the ship itself. He hurries to draw his gun with a bird-like squawk of alarm, fumbling and dropping his water tin in the process. The Carnodon pistol roars horribly in such an enclosed space when he frantically pulls the trigger; in Novus's state of alarm, any success he enjoys will probably be entirely by accident, even at this close range.

Spoiler
    Show

To hit (Destro says we're close enough for a distance bonus, so the threshold is 43, I think): (1d100)[71]

For damage: (1d10+4)[13]

~ Sophistemon

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe rushed forward, closer to the servitor's gruesome shotgun-based death, hoping to be too close for the vat-grown former man to bring the shotgun-arm to bear, and brought the perfectly-honed scimitar down into the thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-action move inot CQC, half action standard attack
    Attack - (1d100)[18]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[13]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

The torrent of bullets and one crossbow bolts thudded into the servitor's flesh, or off the walls, but the construct didn't seem to mind. Its shotgun tracked around the room as its targetting protocols tried to calculate the greatest threat, then Gabe charged in. His sword found a gab in the servitor's armour plating slicing through flesh and drawing a gout of lubricants and other less pleasant fluids.

In response, the servitor slammed a fist into the priest's midsection. It was strong, and Gabe stumbled back, coughing. When he looked up, he found himself staring down the barrel of the shotgun. The weapon roared, its report nearly deafening in the small space, but something seemed to be off with the servitor's targetting. It had fired up and to the left, the spray of metal pellets flying over Gabe's head.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

The assassin simply allowed the crossbow pistol to drop from his hand and fall to the deck, knowing it would take too long to reload, especially in these cramped quarters with no proper cover. From under the folds of his mesh combat cloak Joss drew out a keen-edged sword styled after a medieval arming sword. He held it at ready and quickstepped towards the servitor.

Spoiler
    Show
    For clarification, I'm assuming dropping the crossbow is a free action. Drawing the sword as a half action and moving as my other half action. Can't attack after that unfortunately. Hopefully that brings me inside the range of the shotgun.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Moving confidently and deliberately as his training overruled his emotions, the bounty hunter took a few quick steps towards the servitor and pulled the trigger of his autogun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Movement bringing me within point-blank range (+30 to hit).

BS 69: (d100)[40]
    Damage: (d10+3)[5]

The bullet easily bounced off his target and ended its course in a wall.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-03-16 at 08:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe doubled over as the blow to his belly whipped the air out of his lungs, he tried to breathe, but it felt as if none of the hot desert air made its way to his lungs.
    There would be time for that later.
    The priest closed in again, forming up beside the assassin and letting his blade sing.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS53 - (1d100)[38] (Ganging up *is* +10, right?)
    Damage - (1d10+4)[11]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

The servitor was too slow to counter Gabe's follow up, the finely-crafted scimitar slicing across its chest, snapping cables and tearing preserved flesh. Conduits sparking, the servitor slumped backwards - it was trying to raise its shotgun to fire on its attacker, but it looked like its protocols were failing, the damage it had suffered temporarily overwhelming its systems.

++W/W/W/AR/ARNING++

The vox-grill attached in place of its mouth was still functioning, though poorly. The servitor was stuttering.

++U/UNI/T/T/T DAM/DAMAGED/D/D/D++

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #264

Lizardfolk

Later on today, Novus will probably feel sorry for this poor, broken creature, but not until it's already in the grave. Self-preservation is his only current concern; he keeps firing his oversized pistol with tight, pale hands, his teeth clenched, holding back most of his whimpers.

Spoiler
    Show

To hit: (1d100)[84]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

~ Sophistemon

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

BREATHE!

Gabriel Cortez sucked in another painful lungful of air.
    He had to press the advantage, right now.

The scimitar flipped, point down and plunged itself straight into the battered servitor's body.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS83 - (1d100)[12]
    damage - (1d10+3)[5]
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2013-03-18 at 01:01 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Joss brought his sword up and across the servitor's torso in a vicious cut, before reversing the strike and trying to hit it a second time on the downward swing.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Attack vs 93 (1d100)[53]
    Damage (1d10)[8] 2 pen

Invoking my Furious Assault talent, waiving my reaction action, assuming the first hits.

Attack 2 vs 93 (1d100)[57]
    Damage (1d10)[8]
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Gabe's sword did nothing more than glance off the servitor's armour plating, but Gabe was not a warrior. Joss stepped in, making a pair of furious sweeping cuts. The servitor sparked, the blows slicing deep into its circuitry, damaging it beyond the thing's capability to deal with damage to its biological components. The cyborg was dashed to the floor, leaking blood and lubricant. Slowly, the light in its augmetic eyes died.

With the servitor's death, the shuttle's interior was silent again.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"What a fetid, stinking mess." Joss rasped, disgusted by the gore. The hydraulic fluid, oil, and pickled flesh was not the good, warm, clean blood the assassin craved. Scowling beneath his scarf he pulled a scrap of rag from a pocket and carefully began cleaning his blade.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe looked mournfully at his scimitar.
    "I dub thee Servitorbane," he joked weakly, wiping the machine-ichor off the good steel and sliding it home before falling to his knees in the spreading pool of filth.
    "Let's see if I can't crack open this thing's brain and pull any intel from it."

Spoiler
    Show
    TechUse46 - (1d100)[95]

Gabe will spend as much time as needed to provide as many bonuses to the roll as possible.
    About time I failed a Intel-gathering/persuasion check!
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2013-03-19 at 07:16 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmmm. Nice job, Joss. Seems like the sword is mightier than the gun, in your hands at least."

Solomon glared down at his ancient but well-maintained autogun as if the weapon were responsible for his failure to inflict any significant damage to the servitor.

"Awright, time to turn this place upside down."

Search 39: (d100)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing: