New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [IC] Valhalla Vampires

*~~VALHALLA VAMPIRES~~*
    In-Character

Philadelphia, Priest and a Rabbi Bar, 2130 Hours

It is an unusual little joint, at the bottom of some eerie stairs underneath a highrise apartment. It's the sort of bar you could duck into from a street, considering this section of it was curiously devoid of working streetlights... Perhaps the city workers were just too busy to fix them and brighten up the place. It wasn't a dangerous area, by any means, but there were occasional fist-fights with a sprinkling of stabbings, and a gunshot heard from 300 yards away wasn't anything to call the police about. Maybe... maybe the area is a little dangerous. Yes, let's call it dangerous.

The bar itself is named 'A Priest and a Rabbi', though the sign indicating the name has a 'T' drawn after the 'Rabbi' bit in permanent marker. The door into the bar is covered in tattered, withering band posters and advertisements. "People are People" by Depeche Mode is playing inside. The interior is hardly remarkable. There are a few clean round tables. Wooden chairs. A pool table with well-kept sticks. A Street Fighter II Pinball machine. A bar with stools. A backdoor leading to a storeroom and, presumably, an alleyway exit. A unisex bathroom, very classy.

There are only two occupants at the bar tonight. One of them is the barman, called Huff. The barman is fat. Terrifically fat. Nightmarishly fat. If he weren't a ghoul, it's likely that his life would've ended years ago, but here he stands, his pasty skin sweating a greasy sort of film, his hands flashing over drinks and glasses.

Our other occupant...
    Last edited by Trenchfoot; 2012-10-07 at 02:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [IC] Valhalla Vampires

The other occupant was a beautiful half-Asian girl. Her clothing compromised elegance with practicality - a skirt that wouldn't be a hindrance for a runner, and a lovely vest - both as black as her hair.
    She was sitting at a table; next to her was a large backpack, and in front of her a laptop.
    Effing online classes. But being dead is no excuse to flunk.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Marcus walks down the stairs into the bar. He quickly glaces around the bar before walking over to the bar. He orders a drink before sitting down on one of the stools nearby the girl at the bar.

Jingle Bells, Twilight Smells, Edward Ran Away,
    Bella Dies, Jacob Cries, Star Wars All The Way, HEY!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

It took forever to park in this city. Why did America have to be so spread out and abuse so much space. Just because they had more then anyone else was no excuse. Settling for a parking meter two blocks away from the bar Ayla thumbed coins into the meter and head for the bar. She was dressed in a plaid skirt with a light business jacket, sensible but still formal shoes and a simple purse. Her hair was combed straight but no elaborate styling.

It was a professional outfit really. Not her preferred mode of dress but it was nessecary. Ventrue she'd been told put almost as much stock in appearances as the Toreador. Ayla didn't feel that comfortable anymore with meeting new people without her vest. At least with the wide pockets ripped out of this skirt she'd be able to access the carefully concealed pair of Sig pistols strapped to her thighs without giving the Americans a show. Something she once would not have minded, but that path had almost destroyed her. Kemal had exposed the empty sin for what it was, and for that she would be eternally grateful. She'd rather have had her first real mission being to assist her Brother and Sisters though, was that not what she had worked so hard these past months to achieve?

Sighing as she emptied the bar Ayla put her complaints away. This was the task she had been given, she was only fida'i it was not for her to question the leaders among the rafiq much less when that included her own sire. She still owed Kemal a debt.

Seeing the place almost empty Ayla went up to sit quietly at the bar.

5. - Top - End - #5

Huff the barman coughs politely as Marcus sits down. "What'll you be havin?" He asks.

He nods to Ayla as she sits, not looking at her for too long.

The music kicks over to something by the Pet Shop Boys.

6. - Top - End - #6

Stephanie glanced up from her laptop at the newcomers. Are these the vampires I'm supposed to meet? Hm. Let's let them approach me first. I want to see how they handle a first meeting.

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"Sometimes you're better off dead..." pounded over the radio.

Ayla silently mocked the irony, she didn't know this song but there it could be little better for starting a meeting of Cainites. Of course the opening line wasn't true, but then again she had died well before the Embrace, the rest was just penance to God and repayment of her debt to Kemal.

That had nothing to do with the music of course. She'd had little enough time for that these past months. Where had her ipod gotten too? That was perhaps a luxury she should rekindle, she used to listen to music all the time. She doubted this place could play anything in her native tongue, or even European. America had some good music though. She hadn't seen a jukebox but maybe she'd get lucky and hear something by Queen.

8. - Top - End - #8

RedWizardGuy

"What do you have?" asks Marcus, looking over the man behind the counter.

9. - Top - End - #9

Huff rubbed at a strange lump on his cheek, and looked down at his feet. "Well, we ain't got as much as the fancier joints, but we keep some unusual stuff bagged up proper, and I can getcha somethin fresh in a hot minute if you need it."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Primogen Marcus would've told you all that this was a safe place, and that the bartender was trustworthy. However, you may not necessarily know that these other people in the bar are kindred. If you want to use or make up a code to order for Vitae, Huff will know what you mean. Might be wise to fill up too, while it's easy!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"I could use something revitalizing myself, I feel like death warmed over," Ayla said, opening her mouth for the first time, "But pardon my interruption."

There was a noticeable accent to her voice. She could speak English perfectly, but the Children of Haquim did have a certain reputation to maintain. By playing into what the fools of the Camarilla expected, it kept them from suspecting the dreaded Assamites where more then just hired assassins.

It was not her preference to be ordering vitae in this manner. But she had been busy the past few nights, and the hunting had been poor. The Beast stirred in you at such times, to let it loose would be an unacceptable lapse. The way of the Ancestor was one of discipline.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Comin right up miss." Came the response. The fat man turned, and tapped his foot against the wall two times. Moments later, a small wooden slat opened, and a gloved hand deposited a sizeable glass of crimson. The glass itself was smoked, and there were soft designs carved into it. To the untrained eye, it was just another cocktail, with the effects of the glass suggesting that it could be a sangria with cranberries, or some sort of cherry and gin concoction. To the kindred in the room, however, this was vitae, and it was fresh. Huff handed the glass to Ayla with a polite nod and returned his gaze to Marcus.

12. - Top - End - #12

Stephanie glanced at the glass of fresh blood. Yep. Looks like at least one of them is here.
    She put her laptop in her bag, and sat next to Ayla. "I'll have the precise same thing," she told the barman. "I have discriminating tastes, and I feel like having a...girly, red drink."
    Way to be hyper-subtle, Miss Ventrue.

13. - Top - End - #13

The fat man looked apologetic as he scratched something on his neck. "Sorry miss, we ahh... Don't have none. We got manly 'n red, but nothin girly 'n red." He winces a little. "Gimme a week though, and I might be able to get some in here from time to time."

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Aurethius View Post
    The fat man looked apologetic as he scratched something on his neck. "Sorry miss, we ahh... Don't have none. We got manly 'n red, but nothin girly 'n red." He winces a little. "Gimme a week though, and I might be able to get some in here from time to time."
    "Fair enough," she said, not betraying any signs of disappointment.

15. - Top - End - #15

RedWizardGuy

"Give me something strong and sweet please." Marcus asks to the bartender, looking over at the other 2 who were ordering their own drinks. He began to wonder who they were and if they were the people he was supposed to be meeting here.

16. - Top - End - #16

Huff raps twice, pauses, and raps once more. He smiles at Marcus and wipes dust from an old bottle to pass time time until the little slat opens. A similarly-styled glass to what Ayla received is placed into the male Ventrue's hand. "Here you go boss." He asked for no money, no tip, he just smiled and handed the drinks to those who needed them... But not to Stephanie of course. He still looked embarrassed about that one.

17. - Top - End - #17

Stephanie glanced at Marcus, trying to see if he was actually breathing at any point.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Ayla reached for her glass and testily took the smallest sip first. One could never be sure where blood you did not drink yourself came from. It was an old Setite trick to bind prey to them with surreptitious delivery of their own blood. Or so she'd been told, but the snakes were the second oldest enemies of the Children, that they were of lower priority now did not change the Mountain's belief in preparedness. Not that such a trick would work on her, the great irony of the damned Camarilla and thrice damned Tremere witches. Ayla had no desire to be sporting blisters inside her mouth though.

Once she was sure it was safe she began to drink slowly from the glass. Though it was a controlled gesture Ayla felt impatience rising in her. She had better uses for her nights then to sit here in silence waiting on actions.

"So since the crowd is so light am I to gather all of you are here at Marcus's behest as well?" she said again in the light accent. She was fairly sure by the drinks they were, but one could never be too careful.

19. - Top - End - #19

"That is correct," the half-Asian girl nodded, extending a hand. "Stephanie Endo. To whom do I have the honor?"

20. - Top - End - #20

RedWizardGuy

Without taking a breath Marcus looked towards the talking lady saying "Yes Marcus also called me here." He then took a small slip of his drink, enjoying the sweet taste as it washed over his mouth as he swallowed before saying "My name is Marcus, not the one who has called us here, may i ask your names in return?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"Ayla Ayhan," she said in response. "Now then we know each other. Now then Stephanie and Marcus-not-Marcus, do you know any details of why we are here this night?"

22. - Top - End - #22

The glasses of vitae are refreshing, and very safe. Though this bar isn't quite as accommodating as the Elysium VIP room at Melange, which had a full staff of blood-puppets and servants, the vitae here was still fresh and warm.

Huff had been busy texting away on a Samsung Galaxy S3, the very modern device looking foreign in the beefy hands of the fat man. There was a brief rap-tap-tapping at the door of the bar then, and Huff made his ponderous way toward it. He opened it, saw someone he recognized, and obtained from them a small package in a brown paper bag. When he returned, he drew from the bag a cold package of blood, which he emptied into a Tom Collins glass.

"Miss Endo." He said quietly, not wanting to interrupt the discussions of the Kindred seated at his bar. He placed the glass before her, nodding carefully. "Special order. Sorry for the wait." he said quietly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ayla gains two Blood Points. Marcus gains two blood points. Stephanie, should you drink this glass of vitae, you'll receive two blood points as well, and it is indeed from a red-headed woman. Note that I've updated your stats to reflect that in the first OOC post. You should also track that on your own personal character sheets at your earliest convenience.

23. - Top - End - #23

"Thank you," Stephanie smiled at the barman as she sipped the vitae. She then turned to face Ayla. "To be honest, I was hoping one of you knew. My best guess is that for now, we are to get to know each other before we're assigned any actual task."

24. - Top - End - #24

RedWizardGuy

"Well, I'm from Ausralia, grew up there. I lived Italy for a while where I got bitten and then I came here to find out more about vampires." Marcus says before taking another sip of his drink. "What about you two?"

25. - Top - End - #25

"I'm a local," said Stephanie. "Spent practically my whole life in this town, except for some summers with dad's relatives in Japan. I got bitten about a week ago at a sorority meeting on campus."
    She paused. "I seem good at making myself...supernaturally charismatic, I guess? Part of being clan Ventrue, or so I hear."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ayla swore an oath in Turkish. Rather loudly. Then spoke in disbelieving English, "You cannot be serious last week?!"

She was stunned. This girl was among the living just last week? What could possibly require the services of even the least of the Children, that this girl could possibly be useful for? Here was the corruption of Caine's blood laid bare. Ayla had spent months in Alamut, and her time had only been so short since she'd slain one of the Kindred while still a mortal.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ayla swore an oath in Turkish. Rather loudly. Then spoke in disbelieving English, "You cannot be serious last week?!"

She was stunned. This girl was among the living just last week? What could possibly require the services of even the least of the Children, that this girl could possibly be useful for? Here was the corruption of Caine's blood laid bare. Ayla had spent months in Alamut, and her time had only been so short since she'd slain one of the Kindred while still a mortal.
    Stephanie gave her an amused smile. "Entirely serious. I take it from your surprised tone that you're somewhat more of a veteran."

28. - Top - End - #28

RedWizardGuy

"What wrong with only having been a vampire for a short amount of time? I've only been one for a couple months" Marcus asked, watching the two others fight.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"There is a difference between a few months and a mere week," Ayla said simply, "Consider a school term if you will. With instruction months can represent a huge increase in knowledge. With a week you are at best comfortable with the instructor. And I know you Camarilla do not have the most rigorous of instructions in the first place."

30. - Top - End - #30

A man entered the bar through the rear door then. Stephanie recognized him as Marcus Chen, the Ventrue Primogen. He was a bodybuilder for certain;all muscular lumps and ridges underneath the clothing that he worse. The heavy iron door he entered through may as well have been made of balsa as he easily set it shut.

"Good evening." he said to the three younger Kindred. He moved to stand near them, looking at each in turn. "Good to see that each of you made it. Wonderful. There is a bit of a job that needs doing tonight, and you three have been gathered to see it done." He nodded to Stephanie. "Miss Endo, your own Sire saw fit to volunteer you for this. Marcus..." He looked to the man who shared his name with a wry smile. "Despite being a recent arrival to Philadelphia, we of the city's Camarilla would like you to help just the same. It'll give you an excuse to spend time with your fellow creatures of the night."

Lastly he settled on Ayla. "And you, Miss Ayhan... We've secured your services with money, as is the... custom these last few months."