Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default TW: Shattered-Empire IC

[I]War and Chaos has come to the shattered lands of the empire, bringing untold death and destruction as dozens of previously unknown factions rise up to carve out their own power bases amidst the rubble of the faltering goverment.[I]

In the east:
    rumours of dwarf clans preparing for insurrection run rampent throughout the area but no on knows if theres any truth to this matter.

Ghost agents from all around the empire are converging in the port city of Lelcar for unknown reasons. certainly not any place an enemy of the empire wants to be.

the naval fleet of Nirva island has been seen along imperial sea-routes. Nirva island has always been a loyal but oppurtunistic ally to the empire. it remains to be seen whether the fleet is simply helping out its neighbor as a gesture of kindness or if this is the precursor to invasion.

In the west
    in the strategicly important western province of Dalasia, the imperial legions responsible for the northern region of the province have finally worked up the guts to form a united front against the Knights of Nagarea who have been causing trouble for weeks in an effort to gain control and expand Nagarea's borders. Legion-General Cahlian is calling for support to end this threat and reestablish legion forts in the area.

meanwhile in the south, things are much quieter with the local militia's having to deal with only occasional bandit raids but nothing serious enough to call in the legions for. however there are rumours that armies of three neighboring kingdoms have all been seen massing.

Central provinces:
    the imperial capital of Malarae is in shambles with hundreds of factions seeking control of the city by means both fair and foul. it will not be long before the streets run red with blood. Night-watch members are doing what they can to help but its not enough.

in the Lake of Blood region dozens of different monster and bandit gangs are prowling the trade-routes, ambushing caravans and taking slaves for themselves. the local 86th and 87th legions are collaborating with the local Pegasus mercenary archer company to patrol the area but they are simply stretched to thin and no reinforcements appear to be forthcoming.

In the north:
    several local lumbering companies are ignoring regulations and legion barriers in an attempt to once again get the lucrative lumber trade flowing. clearly they dont believe the rumours.

in the northern mountans the rich Lhusu mines and surrounding communities have been taken by a large horde of monsters who are now arming themselves with arms made by the rich and superior ore of the mines. the 10th and 11th Legion siege battalions are moving to support the elite 6th legion along the great Galena wall where most of the battles are taking place.

In the south
    of all the varying problems of the empire, the worst problems are in the poor southern provinces as tens of thousands of disparate peasants supported by rich merchants are revolting against crumbling imperial control. local militia regiments and the few legions present in the region are streaming north to regroup around Sentinel Watch, a large, fortified hill-fort.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-10-07 at 06:57 PM.

"Let our mercy, as deep as the feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the sun, be revealed to the entire world!"

"Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena..."

-suikoden V

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: TW: Shattered-Empire IC

The Deepholds

The Mortal lands are splintering apart, as was foreseen. A long period of war will come to these surface lands, and the Deep Trolls will size their chance. The gates have closed. The Trolls, vanished from the surface. It can burn for all they care.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The First Legion

The Central Provinces

Octavius sat down, exhausted from a day of marching. Regularly he would take a horse to make it easier, but the rebels had shot it out form under him. At least he had put down the rebellion though. Although he took some pride in that his thought soon turned dark again.

'What has the Empire come to, that a few knives in the dark will cause the fall of a nation. Why wasn't there some plan for what would happen? Why was it allowed to fail so quickly?' His eyes drifted over to the maps laid out on his desk, painting a picture of exactly how far the empire has fallen. Even the Imperial city wasn't being useful, with too many factions fighting for control for any help to come from there. No, the legion was on its own, at least until the mess in the capital was sorted out. Octavius figured he would send messages to the stronger factions, to see what was going on there.

He sat there thinking about his next moves for a while, before calling Martialis in to speak with him. Gesturing to the maps he says The biggest threat within reach seems to be the ERA. They have the support of a great many people - traitors all of them - and have the potential to grow larger should they left to their own devices. Come tomorrow we will march North, securing the Central Provinces as we go. Hopefully the people here are still loyal to the Empire, and won't resist our attempts to restore order. If not, then we will have no choice but to force them to accept Imperial control.

Martialis offered a quick salute, and went to give the men their orders. As he left he heard a voice from behind him And keep the killing to a minimum until we get a better grasp on the situation in the intervening provinces. It is likely most of the citizens there are still loyal, and merely a few power hungry traitors are responsible. Don't worry, you'll get your bloodshed when we reach the ERA. Once we get there feel free to show them exactly how the legion deals with traitors.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

4. - Top - End - #4

The Low-Lands Union

News of the emperor's death has sent a ripple throughout the lands. In the south the Union sees its chance, now is the time for independence! In Fallbrook the people gather in the city's square.

Anthony Reclin marched up the stairs reports in hand. He entered through a doorway, he saw the man he was looking for.
    "Sir my men are mobilized and the Heirophant has been alerted. I have a few reports from outlying areas. The response is varied there is only one group that would provide a very aggressive response to us."

The Mayor noded, "Good leave the reports on my desk we have some people waiting.
    The ranger nods and walks out on the balcony behind the mayor. Silence sweeps accross the crowd as the mayor raises his arms.

"As many of you heard the emperor has died. This news has caused many rebellions in lands close and distant. I have discussed this with leaders of our neighboring towns and we have come to a conclusion. We must band together to protect ourselves from those who would prey on us in their persuit of power."
    The crowd starts murmuring obviously worried. The mayor raises his arms to silence the crowd.
    To this end we have allied with the Steam forest rangers, and the Druids are sending people to the towns to discuss our shared situation. They are here to join or union of mutual defense. The Low-Lands union will stand together and grow to meet any challenges. Our power will rise and we will make the world tremble. We will help decide the fate of our post empire world. We will lead the way to the coming era and take our place in the list of great powers. We will stand before this tempest and come out stronger then ever before. We shall form a grand alliance that will leave us independent of rule from outsiders forever more!"
    Last edited by WyvernLord; 2012-10-16 at 07:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

AssassinGuy

1st legion

morale: 2

To the legions between me and the ERA
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings fellow legionaries, it is good to find men still loyal to the empire in these times. We must act quickly should we wish to restore the empire to its former glory. The ERA lies to your North, and they are the largest rebellion in the area. I propose that we make an example of what happens to those who rebel against the empire. We seek passage through the territories you control, as well as alliance against any new powers that threaten us. Due to the chaos of these times we though that it would be good to send advance notice of our travel through the territories under your control.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-10-16 at 07:30 PM.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Silverlode Town Hall

Odremar had, in his youth, seen a starving wolf wander near his village. The animal had obviously been lost for days, separated from its pack by some unknown cause. Its ribs were showing and its coat dull, but it still managed to snatch up a terrified chicken with graceful ease.

That wolf had not looked half as hungry as Marinus.

The mercenary general stared at his map, arms clasped behind his back and Liara at his side. At a muttered word or the slightest nod, she would quietly move one of the pieces representing their forces. Raids here, scouts there, a sudden pressure upon the defenses...just so. It was a dance he knew well.

"Care to share your thoughts with the rest of us, m'lord?"

Marinus lifted an eyebrow. "Curiosity, Odremar? You planned half of this. Oh, the timing is different, we must move more swiftly and take advantage of the chaos, but the base strategy is the same. Sounding-out and caution, no bold strokes yet."

Odremar chuckled. "Not quite what I asked, m'lord. Do you think it will work?"

At this, the exiled nobleman gave a thin smile. "Of course it will - you're not about to get me killed. Not when I haven't finished paying you, at any rate."

The sound of the barbarian's boisterous laughter echoed through the night...
    Last edited by Doc Kraken; 2012-10-16 at 10:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

The Spinning Coin Emporium

Roonwicket looked at the maps. His agents and contacts provided him with up-to-date and accurate information. Things are brewing within the Empire and money is to be made. Legions need weapons, supplies and information, mages want artifacts, farmers in warzones want protection and even other merchants need either protection or information or what-not.

Times were good.

Roonwicket turned to Argus Nuggetpicker, his eldest son.
    Send a message to all major factions and make sure that every inn has a pamflet aswell, the Spinning Coin Emporium is open for business and we sell whatever they want if the price is right. Argus grinned and then nodded before he left to relay the orders.

Public Announcement (all factions)

Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever you want and whatever your lookign for, come to the Spinning Coin Emporium! You ask and we deliver on the most southern island of Merchants Haven. You can meet with Roonwicket Nuggetpicker himself to talk in private about bulk or special orders! Come now and get today what you need tomorrow!
    Last edited by Umbranar; 2012-10-17 at 03:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation
    ESP-D: 4

"We are in agreement, then?"

"Yes."

"Then our will shall be done."

To: The First Imperial Legion [ESP-D: 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sir. I am writing to inform you of the northern affairs.

I am representing the industrial sector of the northern provinces of the Empire. We're hurting a bit due to the various problems up here, but we are maintaining as much of an industrial base as we can. Since you're marching north, I was wondering if you'd be willing to help us with a few of the bigger problems up here.

If you do, we should be able to help you out with supplies and equipment.

P.S.
    These communications are rather insecure, so please be careful of what you send through them.

To: The Novastorm Alliance [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sir. I don't know much about you, but from what I've been able to find out you've got a lot of people and not many farmers. We've got a few farms that are below capacity, so we can help you out there.

But that's not why I'm writing. I'm writing about the orcs standing between us. There are a few legions trying to force them out of our mines, but the orcs are rapidly arming themselves from the mines. If the situation continues as it stands, I fear that orcs will soon begin securing territory within the surrounding area. As they would be securing the territory from us, I propose a joint operation to purge them from the mines beginning next turn and continuing until the orcs have been removed.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-17 at 12:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

AssassinGuy

1st Legion

To Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show

Should nothing disrupt our plans to march north then we would likely be willing to assist loyal citizens such as yourselves. We are reluctant to promise more than that however, given how fluid the situation is at the moment.

And we are aware that our communications are not too secure. We will not put anything too vital in them. We can discuss details when we get close enough to your territory to set up a private meeting.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Celdrine Conspiracy

Celdras sighed, things were progressing far faster then he had planned on, or hoped, the only he had any chance of keeping his head at the end of thi was if he moved quickly and decisively. Already his personal bodyguards had had secured the area around his offices in the city, and after a flurry of letters and a few personal meetings he was fairly sure he had most of the garrison on-side. He still would have proffered to wait until Caius arrived with the rest of his forces, but that didn't seem like it was going to be possible.

Still, with the Legions on the move and rebellions engulfing the land, it was probably best to try and secure some support for the project outside the environs of the Capital. And so he set to work writing some letters.

To 1st Legion
    Spoiler
    Show

With the disappearance and presumed death of all possible heirs to the Empire, the City has fallen into complete anarchy and the mechanisms of governance are collapsing before our eyes. As such, myself and several other concerned officials and citizens of good standing are establishing a provisional government. You're cooperation with the new governing council would be most appreciated.

To ERA
    Spoiler
    Show

With the Imperial family having forsaken us, the City has fallen into complete anarchy and the mechanisms of governance are collapsing before our eyes. As such, myself and several other concerned officials and citizens of good standing are establishing a provisional government. You're cooperation with the new governing council would be most appreciated.

To local governors, Legion commanders, etc in the central province
    Spoiler
    Show

With the disappearance and presumed death of all possible heirs to the Empire, the City has fallen into complete anarchy and the mechanisms of governance are collapsing before our eyes. As such, myself and several other concerned officials and citizens of good standing are establishing a provisional government. You're cooperation with the new governing council would be most appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

11. - Top - End - #11

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"The legion has responded within parameters."

"It is time, then?"

"Yes. Project Gateway is soon to begin."

To: The First Legion [ESP-D: 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, then. I can see two routes to be viable for you, though neither are likely to allow passage without combat.

The first route will take you through the lands presently held by the Celdrine Conspiracy to the Lake of Blood, which you'll likely need to fight through. This leaves but one legion to negotiate passage from.

The second route involves gaining passage from two local legions and will likely result in conflict with the ERL. From previous communications, I surmise that this is not seen to be disadvantageous to you.

To: The Enlightened Revolutionary Army [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I suspect that you know who I am, and who I represent. I'll be keeping this brief.

The first legion is likely to soon be marching northwards, to engage the orcs infesting the Lhusu Mines. I am aware that, due to your leanings, they are likely to seek to engage you in combat. I am offering you an opportunity to avoid that, by letting the legion tire itself fighting the orcs instead.

No doubt you have seen the message which I sent to the legion recently, offering them two routes. If you can see to it that the legion's path along the first route is unobstructed, then you will see them fighting the orcs, the bridge-trolls, and others that would eventually oppose you.

A canny mind could profit from such a scenario.

To: Celdrine Conspiracy [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I see that you have made an offer to the First Legion, recently, for mutual aid. If I may, I would like to suggest a channel for such aid:

Assist the First Legion in reaching the Lake of Blood, and you will shortly see the flow of resources to the interior increase. For aiding, a number of those resources will likely be earmarked for you.

12. - Top - End - #12

AssassinGuy

1st Legion

To Conspiracy [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

It is good to hear news from the Imperial City. For the moment however the rumors we have heard show that the imperial city is almost completely in anarchy. It is good that someone actually has a plan to get some order back to the empire. Should you be successful in re-establishing your provisional government we would be greatly pleased, and will cooperate.

The legion is currently looking to stamp out a rebellion in the north that goes by the name of the ERA. we would appreciate if you could influence the legions in the intervening territories to allow us passage. Given the chaos in the empire and the first legions reputation we are worried that they might not allow us passage. Surely the influence of a major power in the imperial city would speed our passage.

To Foundation [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

The option of going through the conspiracy's territory is not really viable, as we still would have to pass through a lot of territory, and with the lake being largely bandit controlled for the moment it doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort. We will likely be taking the fight to the ERA as soon as possible, and helping you once that is done. If you wish us to come north we would appreciate any efforts you could make to convince the intervening legions to allow us passage to fight the ERA. with the chaos in the empire we can no longer simply assume they will let us pass.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened Revolutionary Army
    The E.R.A was celabrating. They had siezed a sizeable area of land and displaced all legions with in it. To the best of there knowledge everything was going well. Even the political enemies within the E.R.A were celabrating together. Suddenly a horse man ran into camp, both him and his horse looked exhuasted. "The 1st legion, South, coming!" He shouted. Quickly the mood darkened, everyone had heard of the horrors that 1st Legion inflicted on their enemies. Cries of "What shall we do?" "We're doomed" and"If we are to die then let us die with honor!" In response one of the generals said "We must get more information, we shall not panick, we shall not dispair for that only aids the enemy. Our leaders will think of something, do not fear." This manage to calm everyone down though there was still fear in their eyes.

To Celdrine Conspiracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    We shall leave you alone as long as you do not aid our enemies. In time perhaps we could nurture an alliance.

To Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show
    We believe that 1st legion will not go that way though we will try to incourage them to. We are glad that seak to aid us. Once 1st legion is dealt with we shall repay the favor.

To 1st Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    A messenger appraoches your camp. He bears a flag of truce. He speaks to all of your men. "The souls of the inocent that you have slain long for vengence. If you can beat us down then we shall only join them. The greater the attrocities that you commit the more the people shall resist you. You fight for a lost cause. If you manage to restore the empire then what? No one will like you, they all will resist you. You are monsters, even your "allies" know this. There will be a reckoning for your actions against humanity. Every inocent that you slaughtered, every child you ophanned, every woman you widowed, they all long for your blood! And we shall give it to them!

14. - Top - End - #14

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"The first step is complete. We have but to wait."

"The legion responded. They have rejected route one."

"The contingency is in place, however. Since they requested our aid, we may interact with the local powers directly."

To: The First Legion [ESP-D 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

I see. We'll mobilize what forces we can get to clear out the bandits later, then, and attempt to get safe passage for you so that we can re-establish the industries up here.

To: Legions of the Core [ESP-D ?]
    Spoiler
    Show

As a concerned citizen of the empire, it has come to my attention that there may shortly be a conflict within these northern territories. It has also come to my attention that the first legion, well known for its brutal tactics, intends to take part in these conflicts to ensure that the empire does not fall in this trying time.

As the legion has expressed some concern that they will be opposed during their march, I would implore you to let them pass into the northlands, and by so doing ensure that this interim period is as short as possible. Your actions in the coming months could be the deciding factor in whether the empire endures this catastrophe or if it falls.

Thank you, for listening to this humble citizen.

"The ERA has agreed. The only conditions remaining are the Novastorm Alliance, the Celdrine Conspiracy, and the core legions."

"Is contingency C ready?"

"Three months."

"Excellent."
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-17 at 03:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

BarbarianGuy

The Novastorm Alliance

Khorax sat alone in the Palace's main hall, eyes closed, in deep thoughts.

In front of him a map of the Empire, or at least what 'was' the empire, with pins in important locations.

Suddenly out of nothing a strong gust of wind sept the room, except that every window was closed. It was like the air was pushed away by something.
    The reason was clear a few moments after as the form of the Red Archmage himself materialized in the middle of the room.

"Lord Daedolon" said Khorax slowly "I would prefer that you use doors like common people"

"Do I register as 'common', my Lord? Doors looks clumsy to me" answered the mage with a vicious grin.

"You would be very clumsy, my friend, in a strong Nullification Field" said a voice coming from the end of the hall, it was Parias, the techmaster of Paradigm One.

Khorax tipping on the table smothered any retort the mage was certainly about to use.

"Enough with petty talking my Lords. There are matters at hand more pressing than estabilish your respective prowess. I AM SURE you understand" said Khorax.

Both men immediately changed behaviour and bowed slightly.

"I summoned you today to discuss the current situation of our beloved city, with the death of the Emperor we are cut off from any external supply.
    This means we can no longer live in secrecy and have to surface immediately or we will starve to death or worse.
    We can start agricultural operations on the fields above Paradigm One, but we'll need food supplies until the first harvest.
    There is also the issue of the nearest mines to discuss; rumors say that these are held by renegade creatures.
    "

"Mighty Khola, we border the Lake of Blood in the south which is a hub for trade routes, we should send some men there to secure it and make ourselves known to the food merchants." said Parias

"I concur" said Daedolon "And we should send some of our finest to secure the mines too. With the Emperor's funding cut off we need a source of income, they are very near and very valuable."

"That could be a problem, the mines are...were a property of the Emperor... and I received this communication today" said Khorax handing The Foundation message to the other two.

"THEIR mines? This is unacceptable"
    "The situation is more volatile than I had modeled"
    "I concur with both of you, we are to take action NOW. Lord Daedolon, put the conclave on yellow alert... I want all the elder wizards ready to war. Master Parias, please open the Zensunn armoury and equip our army up to level B gear."

With the plan of action clear the two men bowed and left the room hastily.

Khorax assumed again the position he had before, his eyes closed. Then, after a good five minutes, began to compose a message.

To The Foundation [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings sir,
    I have trouble assessing what you mean with YOUR mines, as the Lhasa mines lay deep within our borders.
    I notify you that we intend to claim them as ours. Any unhautorized border cross will be considered an hostile action and treated as such.

We are delighted that you may have food to spare, that is definitely negotiable.
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-10-19 at 06:26 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"The Novastorm Alliance has responded."

"The result?"

"Result number three. They claim the mines as their own."

"Oh? I believe that we've found our second middle, then."

"Indeed. Still, we should continue to play the part."

To: The Novastorm Alliance [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

I see. I'm sorry to hear that you carry such sentiments.

We have worked the mines which you covet for decades uncounted. We worked its ore, and managed the flow. That orcs presently infest the mines is nigh-unbearable. We will take them back.

For the present, however, we will overlook your ambitions, in favor of our working together to grow stronger than those who would destroy us. To that end, we offer two deals.

The first is simple. We have a project underway, to create soldiers. It will require great skill in magic, as well as a strong technological base. I am told that you have both. I propose the following exchange:

We provide you with food, and other supplies.

In exchange, you bend some of your expertise towards bringing this project to fruition.

The second is less simple, and will be addressed only through secure channels.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-17 at 04:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BarbarianGuy

The Novastorm Alliance

To: The Foundation [ESP-D: 3]

Spoiler
    Show
    I do not wish to insult your customs or laws, but by the Imperial ones working and managing a resource doesn't grant you ownership of it.
    We follow Imperial Law.

Still, if you manage to send a sizable force to help taking them back I think we can reach a reasonable working agreement: your experts will return to the mines to ensure optimal production for a % of the output.

You honor us in asking to partecipate in a research project, but from our point of view the mines matter is the most important, as we intend to seize them in a matter of days.
    Should you refuse our terms then other matters will become irrelevant.
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-10-17 at 04:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Royal House Askor (Moral 4)

To Rebelling Southern merchants
    Spoiler
    Show

We are surprised how quickly you gave up the empire's ways and have tried to take this country for yourselves. Let us assure you that will not happen. Although the Emperor and his family are gone, the people of the empire are still here. We give you this opportunity to surrender and keep your wealth, status, and land. If you do not, you will be hunted to the last man. There is no forgiveness for traitors to our great country.

To Rebelling peasants in the south
    Spoiler
    Show

The merchants are using you to further their own goals. It is a merchants way to take advantage of others. What are they offering you to betray your country, there may be a way to remedy your problems without committing treason.

To Holdouts on Sentinel Watch
    Spoiler
    Show

House Askor's army is on it's way to assist in your fight. The Empire will prevail.

To factions loyal to the Empire (open letter, but directed at loyal factions)
    Spoiler
    Show

As we have all seen, the Empire is slowly crumbling. Rebels are picking away at our territory, and foreign armies sit at our borders ready to strike. I am sure we are all doing our part to keep the empire in tack, I do not wish to interfere with that. What I am looking for, is a list of those of us who wish the empire restored, so if a foreign army invades, we will know who will meet them and keep them from imperial lands. Please respond by the end of the turn.

19. - Top - End - #19

AssassinGuy

1st legion

To Royal House Askor [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

The first legion remains loyal to the empire, and intends to work to restore it. We would also appreciate a copy of the list when you get it.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-10-17 at 05:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"They're acting independantly. The plan"

"allows for this. Let them take the first stroke; whomever wins, we will destroy."

"Very well, then. That's...contingency E, already?"

"O-5 will be ready soon enough. L-1 will support us in this endeavor. One condition remains to be cleared."

To the Novastorm Alliance [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, then. Our forces would be prepared at <next EOT>, but it seems that you intend to act before then. We've contacted a small band of mercenaries who may be able to join you in the offensive, but otherwise I'm afraid that it'll be a while before we can strike in force.

To the First Imperial Legion [ESP-D: 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

It would appear that the battlefield up here is rather larger than expected. A group of mages are looking to take out the orcs in the mines, but they don't seem very keen upon seeing its resources used to restore the empire.

I've done what I can to expedite your passage to the north. We'll be waiting warmly for your arrival.

To the ERA [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Some valuable information for you: a band of wizards will soon be fighting in and around the Lhusu Mines, against an orc horde. Said band likely represents one of the largest contingents of imperial wizards still active. From their actions thus far, they don't seem to be very interested in sharing their lands, which I understand is something that you'd like to have. Worse, they appear to be a tad expansionist.

If you choose to act on this opportunity to remove someone who will no doubt become highly annoying to both of us in short order, I will get your forces to them disguised as mercenaries under my employ. Once there...well, you have a large group of distracted and poorly defended enemies that think of you as an ally. The obvious action, and its results, should be quite apparent, at that point.

To the Royal House of Askor [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I seem to be more or less alone in this, but I don't consider the empire to have fallen yet. If I can help it, the empire never will.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-17 at 06:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Foundation ESP-D: 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regretably I am going to spend most of my resources trying to hold of the 1st legion and we shall be unable to take this opportunity.

22. - Top - End - #22

The speech finished Mayor Greenbloom begins writing letters.
    1st legion (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    It is good to see such loyalty in such troubling times as these. It pleases me to tell you that things in the lands nearby my city are currently rather calm. I look forward to further communications.

Deep trolls (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    I have heard that you provide useful technology for a price. I may contact you at a later time to arrange a deal.

Celdrine Conspiracy (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    I'll be watching the capital closely. Since the people of my union wish to remain neutral from dealings in the capital, do not expect support from us to be forthcoming.

Novastorm Alliance (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    I have heard that the people of your town need food and other supplies we have plenty and would like to help you. However we can not afford charity it this time. A payment would be required, there are certain rumors of far advanced technology in your control. Some way of sharing this technology could make this a mutually beneficial relationship.

Thalitean Cults (ESP-D 7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    I will not take action against you unless you threaten my lands.

ERA (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    We can not support your military directly but we will attempt to support you against the 1st Legion as much as possible.

House Askor (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    The Union is a group focused on these defense of our lands against those who might exploit it. This means we will attempt to stay neutral in the affairs of the empire as a whole.

Silverlode Contract (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    The Union will remain neutral in your affairs.

23. - Top - End - #23

As the companies that make up the Contract begin to move, certain grim-faced men detach themselves from their fellows, riding hard for distant lands...

Lowlands Union (ESP-D 3)

Spoiler
    Show
    To the people of the Lowlands,

As shall we. I see no need to meddle in your affairs.

Novastorm Alliance (ESP-D 3)

Spoiler
    Show
    You mountain folk are hard to reach, but often the greatest gain is to be won from the most difficult endeavors. I am Marinus Laenus, and I represent the combined forces of the Silverlode Contract, a mercenary force of some repute. We are encamped to your south, as you may have noticed. Rumor is the stock and trade of an accomplished sellsword - and these days, rumor speaks of little beyond chaos and slaughter. The emperor dead, if such a thing could be believed, and a horde of orcs occupying the mines so close to your homes.

As of now, the Contract has no stake in any struggle you may have with them. We are mercenaries, however, and are likely to become embroiled in such a nearby conflict. I thought it best to open potential negotiations before the beginning of any official hostilities. Should you so wish, our blades may yet come to your aid - for a nominal fee to be discussed, of course.

The Foundation (ESP-D 3)

Spoiler
    Show
    You mountain folk are hard to reach, but often the greatest gain is to be won from the most difficult endeavors. I am Marinus Laenus, and I represent the combined forces of the Silverlode Contract, a mercenary force of some repute. We are encamped to your southeast, as you may have noticed. Rumor is the stock and trade of an accomplished sellsword - and these days, rumor speaks of little beyond chaos and slaughter. The emperor dead, if such a thing could be believed, and a horde of orcs occupying the mines so close to your homes.

As of now, the Contract has no stake in any struggle you may have with them. We are mercenaries, however, and are likely to become embroiled in such a nearby conflict. I thought it best to open potential negotiations before the beginning of any official hostilities. Should you so wish, our blades may yet come to your aid - for a nominal fee to be discussed, of course.
    Last edited by Doc Kraken; 2012-10-17 at 07:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation
    "Mercenaries? That's unexpected."

"It effects little. We benefit more from it than our opponents."

"Continue with contingency E?"

"Move to mod-a."

Spoiler
    Show

If I recall my military history right, I feel that you may be well served by using a sacrificial doll. Withdraw to a hidden area with most of your forces, leaving a small contingent behind to be destroyed.

If done properly, this action will see the enemy believing you destroyed, while you are free to act elsewhere. To that end, I propose the following plan to you.

1.) A token force continues to barricade as you are doing now, to the effect outlined above.
    2.) A second force will engage the magi to the east, as outlined in a previous message. This will give an explanation should they realize that not all of your forces were defending as expected.
    3.) The remainder will shelter in Foundation lands, to re-activate following the departure of the legion to the south, or the legion's destruction, whichever comes first.

As the legion lacks significant espionage capabilities, and as they expect minimal resistance, this tactic should assure your survival, should you agree.

To the Contract [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

I expect the lands in this area to come into conflict shortly. We would enjoy having a few allies when this conflict begins, and have a bit of wealth with which to reward said allies. Probably more than the other factions in this area.

If you would be interested in such an arrangement, you need but make an offer.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-17 at 08:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Lowland Union ESP-D: 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thankyou freinds. In these troubled times life can be hard for those on the side of righteousness. Your every contribution helps.

Foundation Esp-D: 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your suggestions, they seem like good plans though circumstances might prevent us from carrying them out.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-10-17 at 08:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls

To the Lowland Union
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently, we are not selling anything. In fact, we had rather hoped people would have forgotten us by now. In anycase, we serve the throne. We don't give a pugs ass who sits on the throne, but durning these times of unstabillity, we prefer to remain in solitude.

To the Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now, we know that you know we're here. we would like to make a deal however. We would like to be more or less.... forgotten. As you have better assets there then we, what would you wish in exchange?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

Spoiler
    Show

Though we have limited assets which we are able to commit, we might be able to help with these 'circumstances'. To determine whether this is the case, however, we would need to know more of them.

To the Deep Trolls [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Since its establishment, the Foundation has operated in the shadows. When the Empire is restored, we will continue to operate in the shadows. We are the Empire's Foundation, after all.

If you'd like to remain hidden, we'll respect that. Since we expect to have this area at least nominally under our control fairly soon, we'll leave you be, and at least attempt to ensure that others do the same.

If you would like, though, we would be interested in an agreement of trade. I am told that your technological prowess is, to be frank, legendary. I believe that for access to these technologies, you would be the one to dictate the terms.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Foundation (And DM might want to read OOC part)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can't reveal the full extent of our Technological capabillties. Local goverment secerts and all. And yes, we are allowed to have those, by the treaty I signed anyway. In anycase, we've slowly been releasing information, but can speed up the process in some areas.

All we ask for in exchange is that you share any intel on the current state of the empire, and help us not be noticed by external forces.

OOC; Deep Trolls, we're long lived Treaty was signed bout... 300-400 years back?

Also, the deal is, we help you with Tech projects, you let us see whats going on. We'll work on the "Erasing Records and hiding presence" bit later.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

To the Deep Trolls [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be keeping you up to date, then. Here's what we know.

1.) The Emperor, and his heirs, have died, leaving the succession in question.
    2.) Several malcontents have declared independence from the empire. The House of Askor is compiling a list of factions yet loyal to the Empire, which presently includes myself and the First Imperial Legion, to my knowledge.
    3.) There are, apparently, some interesting happenings down south. Unfortunately, my intelligence sources are far from comprehensive in the area. I've heard word of peasant uprisings, merchant rebellions, and some form of cult, but nothing specific.
    4.) Up here in the north we're about to have a nice little war with six factions involved. I'm looking to see a few of the less pleasant factions removed from the area during this war, so as to allow for us to make a nice base for the empire's recovery.
    5.) Unfortunately, my sources elsewhere in the empire are of significantly lower quality. The capital is the battleground for several hundred different factions, and I know practically nothing about the other provinces.

The Enlightened Revolutionary Army, which bases itself just to my south, has most likely intercepted this message, and thus knows of you. However, they have a fairly significant incentive to not act on it, due to the First Imperial Legion marching against them at the moment.

When I know more, I'll let you know. Was there any other information that you would like to have?
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-17 at 09:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Celdrine Conspiracy

To Imperial Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be sure to secure the City by the time you're finished with your current business. due to some other communications we've received, we just want to make sure, you'll be going North to fight the ERA?

To Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show
    IF they wish to come this way, we won't stop them, although I don't think that's their intention.

To ERA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both of us have somewhat bigger problems at the moment, it seems

To Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    All such things will have to be decided in the future, but your position is noted.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light