New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

D&D 3.x (-ish) Civilization (-ish ) Game: Gestalt, starting at level 1. Check out the thread for more info, but I hope to see you there.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ltiverse-Earth

A multiclass Multiverse role play. 16 classes to role play!

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

Welcome to a city of wonder, a city of triumphs, and a city of failures.

A city that is blessed enough to house the most prestigious magical university in the world as its beating heart.

A city that is fortunate enough be able to export most of what the university has to offer, and brings massive amounts of wealth into the city.

A city cursed by pockets of poverty, in which lawless can abound, and stability is in the hands of private guilds rather than any magistrate.

Welcome to Vecna-Kal, City of Magic.

You are a young adventurer drawn to the largest city in the world, and have found yourself in employed by The Sanctum of Light.

What happens next, is up to you...

5e, sandbox, details in link.
    Last edited by Sivarias; 2017-12-04 at 01:32 PM.
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

My group is currently looking for addictionnal player for a Roleplaying is Magic game.

The base concept is that we are in the Castle of the Two Sisters, with Starswirl the Bearded and we are staff in the castle, educating and protecting Celestia and Luna.

The game have started for a few years now but it will be easy to join.

PM me if you are interested.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ionoftheshadows View Post
    Hey is anyone else wanting to do a ptu game? If so please hit me up.
    What is a "ptu" game?

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...nterest-Check)

Divine Eugenics. . . gods of different pantheons and multiverses have created offsprings and servants to protect the Earth from Eldritch Abominations. As the old gods grow weaker, we grow stronger, but can we defeat the Cosmic Horrors that threaten all creation?

7. - Top - End - #637
    Orc in the Playground

Trapped.

However it happened, you have found yourself trapped on a demi-plane consisting of a single city, Nysos, a tourist attraction for the wealthy and spectacle for the poor. The city revolves around the arena, nobles and peasants alike gambling on the fights. Gladiators of all races take up arms, fighting for themselves or for the glory of one of the noble houses that have a presence here.

You find yourself, willingly or not, fighting in these arenas. Whether you fight for a noble who has promised you freedom if you live long enough, or you fight for yourself, hoping to earn enough coin to escape this place, is up to you. But only starvation awaits one who does not fight.

Registration for battles is at the Dancing Dog Tavern, near the arena. You make your way there...

The Arenas of Nysos is now open. Sign up in the thread if you're interested!
    One of my players: "I hate you. I spent like...3 hours pouring over lists of items for bards. Reading, learning, analyzing, trying to improve my knowledge of the game, as I have a major decision coming up. You know what I decided after all of this? Vest of Resistance +3. Simply because you are that evil. No Cloak of Charisma, no Bardic Music enhancers. NOPE. VEST OF RESISTANCE."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all, looking for players and a GM for a game of FATE that takes place in the FATe campaign setting "The Secrets of Cats", wherein cats and other animals are sentient and have magical aptitude. Link is here if you're interested.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Will this be a play by post game?

10. - Top - End - #640
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a group and GM to try out Trudvang Chronicles with.

I haven't gotten an opportunity to try the game out, but from what I've seen, it'd make an excellent play-by-post game. It'd be awesome to get a game going. The system looks crunchy and fun and the setting is dynamic and interesting.

I don't know if anyone else has tried it out, or even has the rules for it, but I'd love to give it a shot if there's enough interest.
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

dope avatar Lomp, the Horse by Honest Tiefling

11. - Top - End - #641
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey everyone. My game is a 4E D&D campaign with around 150 members and 22 DMs that play in a Living style system over on Roll20 where everyone has a shared set of game rules, but each DM has their own stories and worlds that the players can move freely between and experience. The game has been running continuously for about 4 years. We start at level 5 and new players are allowed up to 2 characters starting out with more player slots being unlockable as you progress.

If you are interested, take a look at our LFG Entry
    Interested in giving 4e D&D a shot? All players, new and old, are welcome to join us over at the Guild Living Campaign on Roll20. Feel free to post on the thread or PM me for more information.

You can also follow me on Youtube. I am currently working on a series of videos aimed at helping Dungeon Masters from all editions work at improving the craft that is being a DM with my series Beg Borrow and Steal.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Pixie in the Playground

Do you enjoy overcoming a challenging multiverse? Players who like mysterious storylines and absurd humor wanted for an ongoing, online campaign using the easy to learn HC system.

The plot takes place in a variety of worlds and universes ranging from fantasy to cyberpunk to space opera all using the same characters as they hop from place to place.

We have spots open for new players in an ongoing campaign. Played sessions are released onto youtube. Check them out at www.youtube.com/channel/UC2TZucbqPpz9Bx8rz57Wbmg to see if this is the kind of game you would enjoy playing. If so, stop by heroiccthulhu.proboards.com/ to sign up.

(Disclaimer: Not much to do with Cthulhu - use to but I can't figure out how to change the name on youtube yet. I am a better GM than computer guy.)
    Watch actual play sessions at tinyurl.com/y7mdljv6 If you like what you see, instructions within the videos tell you how you can get involved.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Heya all, I'm running a game in which you take control of a clique of post-humans residing in circumsolar space. As a player, you will be expected not only to rule your own group, but also help in developing NPC nations and events.

This sandbox is being played over discord, text only. Players post their actions which are then all resolved at once in an pre-scheduled update (most likely 2 times per week).

If you are interested, do not hesitate to PM me for discord link.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Reincarnation Wars has a proud tradition of either lasting for a very long time or never getting off the ground. There seems to be no middle ground. I don't know why. Anyway, this is rules lite, so there doesn't need to be a Big Sixteen.

Reincarnation Wars is a simply premised RP idea. You begin as a normal character with no powers, suddenly finding themselves with abilities and power granted to them for being the reincarnations of fictional characters with those powers. You have the ability to speak with your reincarnations, called "Souls" inside your own mind.

Finally, the goal of this role play is to rise up and defeat a powerful multiversal threat that is capable of devouring everything.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...les-Lite-Twist
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2018-02-09 at 05:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is Foxglove:

DM - Recruiting for From Buried Towers to Wings on High (3.5 e6, Kobolds, Quest to become Dragons)

Spoiler: My Games:
    Show

DM - Horrors, Pestilence, and Death OoC / IC
    Player - Reset, Reboot, And Try Again IC / OoC

16. - Top - End - #646
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Hello, InkisRatticus. I'm new, both to Giants in the Playground (I just finished reading OOTS up to the current strip) and to RPGs in general. That said, I'd be interested in joining your game, if you're okay with a newbie player.

Hope to hear from you!

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruiting players for an Only War game.
    Regiments: Brontian Longknives and the Salvar Chemdogs.
    People who are just learning Only War or Warhammer are welcome.
    PM me if intereste.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

18. - Top - End - #648
    Pixie in the Playground

redface Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Looking for 2-3 players for a text-only Discord Fall of Magic game. Any time zone. Great for new players. If you haven't heard of Fall of Magic, please Youtube it to see some examples of play--it has an Earthsea-vibe, no rules to learn, and is GM-less.

PM if interested~!

19. - Top - End - #649
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is Foxglove:

DM - Recruiting for From Buried Towers to Wings on High (3.5 e6, Kobolds, Quest to become Dragons)

Spoiler: My Games:
    Show

DM - Horrors, Pestilence, and Death OoC / IC
    Player - Reset, Reboot, And Try Again IC / OoC

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to add here that this is basically a One-shot to teach the basics of TORG Eternity (as best as I can in PbP format).

21. - Top - End - #651

RedWizardGuy

Hi, I'm new to forums and to RPGs in general. Does anyone have a 5e game that needs players?

22. - Top - End - #652
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    Hi, I'm new to forums and to RPGs in general. Does anyone have a 5e game that needs players?
    I'd like to second Leostales here. I'm also looking to get into 5e DnD and just RP(G)s in general. I'd love to join any thats taking newbies. :)

23. - Top - End - #653

Quote Originally Posted by always_confused View Post
    I'd like to second Leostales here. I'm also looking to get into 5e DnD and just RP(G)s in general. I'd love to join any thats taking newbies. :)
    Are you both still looking for a game? I'm kinda playing around with the idea of running a short campaign set in the world of Trudvang, think like Celtic and Viking folklore mixed together in the setting of skyrim. The setting is from an RPG by the same name, but it's super crunchy, with waaaay too much detail and minutia for a play by post game, so it would be a 5e game borrowing the setting.

Spoiler: From the about text from Trudvang Chronicles
    Show
    The game is far from dungeon crawl, pink fireballs and endless adventures about glimmering treasures. It’s a game focused on the mysterious and hidden, nature as a spirit and supernatural force.

Apart from the world and it’s design, one of the most unique features of the Trudvang setting is magic and religion, whereas magic is more shaman-like and down-to-earth, and each race, and even region, has it’s own religion and faith. Creation of men, elves dwarves and their myths, gods and beasts play an important layer to the play.

Trudvang is a vast continent with the fierce and grim Stormlands in the east, Mittland with its rich history and worship of the lindwurms in the center, and Westmark in the west, where the people worship the one god Gávé. Dwarves lives mostly in the great halls underneath the Jaarngand Mountains, just close to the fierce and grim wildfolks in the mountains above. Elves hide in the shadows far in the south and fight against time, which is their most hated enemy. Every day that passes is another day away from the gods. The elves remember the Endless Storm – the war with the dragons – in ancient times and when the gods left them to be stars in the sky.

If that sounds like the sort of game setting you'd be interested in playing in, I'd be willing to run a play by post game in 5e. We'd want one or two more players, ideally also beginners, so everyone is at similar levels of familiarity with the game.

Alternatively, if this setting doesn't seem like fun to play in, I'd be happy to play with you as a player in someone else's game.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by gabado View Post
    Are you both still looking for a game? I'm kinda playing around with the idea of running a short campaign set in the world of Trudvang, think like Celtic and Viking folklore mixed together in the setting of skyrim. The setting is from an RPG by the same name, but it's super crunchy, with waaaay too much detail and minutia for a play by post game, so it would be a 5e game borrowing the setting.

Show
    The game is far from dungeon crawl, pink fireballs and endless adventures about glimmering treasures. It’s a game focused on the mysterious and hidden, nature as a spirit and supernatural force.

Apart from the world and it’s design, one of the most unique features of the Trudvang setting is magic and religion, whereas magic is more shaman-like and down-to-earth, and each race, and even region, has it’s own religion and faith. Creation of men, elves dwarves and their myths, gods and beasts play an important layer to the play.

Trudvang is a vast continent with the fierce and grim Stormlands in the east, Mittland with its rich history and worship of the lindwurms in the center, and Westmark in the west, where the people worship the one god Gávé. Dwarves lives mostly in the great halls underneath the Jaarngand Mountains, just close to the fierce and grim wildfolks in the mountains above. Elves hide in the shadows far in the south and fight against time, which is their most hated enemy. Every day that passes is another day away from the gods. The elves remember the Endless Storm – the war with the dragons – in ancient times and when the gods left them to be stars in the sky.

If that sounds like the sort of game setting you'd be interested in playing in, I'd be willing to run a play by post game in 5e. We'd want one or two more players, ideally also beginners, so everyone is at similar levels of familiarity with the game.

Alternatively, if this setting doesn't seem like fun to play in, I'd be happy to play with you as a player in someone else's game.
    I would certainly be interested in giving this a shot! Moderatly new to online post to play, but know a decent about about DnD and whatnot!

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show

Sounds interesting. I must admit I'd be more at home with ye olde medieval fantasy like the setting of DnD, since those type of settings are a dime a dozen, but I'll try anything once. :)

26. - Top - End - #656
    Halfling in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Show

If you're still looking for people, I'd be interested! I suppose I'm not that new to D&D, but I'm certainly not an expert and am definitely new to play-by-post games. The setting sounds very interesting, do you have any more details?

27. - Top - End - #657

Quote Originally Posted by mtatosky View Post
    I would certainly be interested in giving this a shot! Moderatly new to online post to play, but know a decent about about DnD and whatnot!
    Quote Originally Posted by always_confused View Post
    Sounds interesting. I must admit I'd be more at home with ye olde medieval fantasy like the setting of DnD, since those type of settings are a dime a dozen, but I'll try anything once. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by saltstorming View Post
    If you're still looking for people, I'd be interested! I suppose I'm not that new to D&D, but I'm certainly not an expert and am definitely new to play-by-post games. The setting sounds very interesting, do you have any more details?
    Specific recruiting thread here.

28. - Top - End - #658

RedWizardGuy

Show

Are you still recruiting? I would like to join.

29. - Top - End - #659

Are you still recruiting? I would like to join.
    Sorry, I'm no longer recruiting, we've got a solid 5-6 people and I think that's the most I can reasonably do for this adventure.

30. - Top - End - #660

RedWizardGuy

Sorry, I'm no longer recruiting, we've got a solid 5-6 people and I think that's the most I can reasonably do for this adventure.
    Oh, ok. I'll have to be more alert next time.